Rakghoul Plague Outbreak World Event: Thank You

Moondragon

Thanks everyone, for your kind words and constructive feedback. As with anything we do, we're definitely going to be taking a look at the community response to this event and work on ways to improve anything that we do in the future.

It was incredible to see all of the excitement from players in-game and on the forums :)

Thanks again!

Could've enjoyed it more if it wasn't for the constant CTD that quite a few of us are experiencing....

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a terrible idea. we (2 players) were not notified of this event but got infected by a jack ***** today who thought it was funny to run into a crowd and infect everyone. now my character has to shell out 2000 credits for a mere 5hr of vacine protection. we don't appreciate being greifed by other players!

The event was cool and all, but it was really annoying for people who didn't want to take part.

I got sick of blowing up in PvP at critical times, I got sick of the fact that the immunity from 2K stim removed itself if you went into a wz (so no I wasn't going to pay 2K a WZ so I don't get sick). and now that it's over , the plague is still in game, it won't go away unless they patch it. either make the stim actually work or just get rid of it.

EXACTLY!!! it's interupting my gameplay. Get ride of it!

This is a terrible idea. we (2 players) were not notified of this event but got infected by a jack ***** today who thought it was funny to run into a crowd and infect everyone. now my character has to shell out 2000 credits for a mere 5hr of vacine protection. we don't appreciate being greifed by other players!

Dude why don't you chill out? 2k is nothing in this game, you can get it from selling grey items to vendors. And 5 hours is a long time, come on.

Dude why don't you chill out? 2k is nothing in this game, you can get it from selling grey items to vendors. And 5 hours is a long time, come on.

2k is a huge chunk of change for new players. And yes, there were players heading to newb planets to explode and spread the infection there.

At the same time that Bioware was running free weekends desperately trying to bring new blood into the game, they were rewarding griefers infecting those very same players with a virus.

At best, a not well thought out event. You could even call it schizophrenic with these colliding goals.

It's not a matter of credits. You completely missed the point: People are griefing other players with it. There's not even a choice in the matter. Personally I'm not paying a monthly sub fee to get griefed by someone, simply because they "think it's funny" to inconvenience other players. I was chased by a plague bearer all over the freaking station, until I went up to the VIP lounge where he/she couldn't go, just to get away from this crap. My wife plays, and now all of her toons are infected because of this BS griefing.

Not everyone has a level 50 toon that can crap out the cash for their alts and the like. Shelling out 2k every 5 hours should be by choice, not because of some immature player's attempt at being funny. I had several co-workers who were thinking of buying the game while playing the free weekend, but after this Rakghoul nonsense, they've reconcidered.

I thought the event was great. I especially like infecting these whiny fools. It's just a game and why are you spending 2k on a vaccine when you can just wait 10 minutes and kill yourself. It's not like you are really losing something. :cool:

I do hope the vendor comes back because I wasn't able to play the last 2 days, but it was still great.

I thought the event was great. I especially like infecting these whiny fools. It's just a game and why are you spending 2k on a vaccine when you can just wait 10 minutes and kill yourself. It's not like you are really losing something. :cool:

I do hope the vendor comes back because I wasn't able to play the last 2 days, but it was still great.

Not sure what you're talking about, because it took nearly 3hrs for the virus to cook off until my toon exploded. The worse part was, I still had the virus when I respawned at the med center. I put in a ticket about it, and they said "We're aware of the issue blah, blah...". But that's totally not the point. The event shouldn't have be made to effect people, who did not want any part of it, on such a large scale. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that soo many people, youself included by the sound of it, went out of their way to grief other players with it.

Not sure what you're talking about, because it took nearly 3hrs for the virus to cook off until my toon exploded. The worse part was, I still had the virus when I respawned at the med center. I put in a ticket about it, and they said "We're aware of the issue blah, blah...". But that's totally not the point. The event shouldn't have be made to effect people, who did not want any part of it, on such a large scale. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that soo many people, youself included by the sound of it, went out of their way to grief other players with it.

There are two phases of the infection: Lightheaded and Feverish. It takes 10 minutes to go from Lightheaded to Feverish and 10 minutes from Feverish to explosion. That is 20 minutes of waiting if you just sit still and don't do anything. However that time can be shortened and elongated. If you enter a new area aka everytime you get a loading screen the timer of the phase you are in will reset, so that way the infection can be held indefinitely. If you want to shorten the time it takes, you can kill yourself once you reach the second phase (Feverish) And again, you don't have to participate in the even't because you have the vaccines, which 2k you can get in 10 mins by killing mobs and selling the grey items you get.

Cool stuff this event. Too bad I wasn't fast enough to react on it. I was one of those that viewed the news flash and didn't venture to the planet because I waited for the event to start. Stupid me I wasted a day on that before I realised BW do the reverse event in telling player not go somewhere they actually want players to go. Day 2 was kinda dull due to the lack of info on the planet. Since I don't like games where in-game info about stuff are lacking and I have to rely on forum spoilers to actually find out what the event is about. I can't imagine how incredibly boring it must have been to find all these satellite parts without any hints nor mini-map location marks. I can understand hard core events and players that go drooling in awe to participate in such events where no info about something crucial like this starting quest. That experience kinda cut my interest by 25%, but I struggled and more or less wasted the evening finding these parts. The rest of the quests was not that time consuming, but repeatable makes it a bit uninteresting after like 3 days doing the same stuff.

Anyhow, My point is I'm happy BW successfully delivered a world event. The downside is the poor information around it. If I'd know in advance what I could expect from the event I would be more prepared for it and would knew where to start finding information about it. I hope more events arrive, but also information around it so players find themselves more involved. Even though I never finished the event (due to grinding same quests every day +1 new) I understand why players like this event. Perhaps I'm just that player that expects easy mode and are happy playing like that. Make the event in two parts next time. Easy mode for players like me and hard core for the ones that don't want info.

I respect all players that actually finished this world event and I know I missed alot of unique content. I hope I have more free time to participate at the next world event and therefore feel a bit more involved and hopefully better rewarded.

Cheers!

• 6 months later...

I have never ever spent so much time on the fleet station as I did durin this event, getting down with the sickness !

I farmed at least enough commendations for 14-15 Green-Black color crystals, I have 12 of them alone on my Jedi Guardian on The Red Eclipse, hehe... enough for some alts :D

dear bioware can this event return i only foundout about 3 days before it closed and was only able to get the boots for the containment gear and it would be realy cool to have this event again:)

Ugh, PLEASE do not have this event return. Having my characters forcefully vomit and turn green is not a good "feature" at all.

Really hated this event.

Ugh, PLEASE do not have this event return. Having my characters forcefully vomit and turn green is not a good "feature" at all.

Really hated this event.

Your post is mildly depressing.

For once we had a dynamic interesting world event going. One that actually..comes to players in various forms, as opposed to being just some random boss mob spawning in some random corner of some random planet for two weeks

It is utterly magificent how even in this there is something some terrible people manage to complain. If you didn't want to take part in it, you could buy a vaccine for insignificant amount of credits to avoid the oh-so-horrible vomiting.

I was under impression one of the reasons BW picked their trainwreck of Hero engine was the supposed ease of doing stuff like this. Ease of phasing relatively big world events quickly in and out of the game on the fly. I remember being foolish enough to assume we'd get stuff comparable to scale and quality to Plague on monthly or bi monthly basis.Haha. :o No such luck.

Edited by Stradlin

Really hated this event.

The very fact that the plague was active for months after this event ended is an indication that it was good. I'd be jubilant if they brought it back; some of my characters still have dna sitting in cargo. Did you think about that when your toons were turning green and puking? That exploding into green goo gave you dna, that there was no real long-term damage, and that you could have opted out entirely by staying away from the fleets/populated areas and/or utilizing the vaccines?

Meh. The rak event was fantastic. The Chevin event...talk about ugh...but to each his/her own.

(nah, not trolling, sorry if I came off as abrasive there; just tired and grumpy and this is the last post of the night; if you hated it you hated it and hopefully the next event will be to your liking :))

It would be nice if it returns but we could also use some others as well when are we going to expereince some star wars holidays or a planet invasion.

Why does it always have to be holidays. It is easiest, most obvious and least ambitious example of a (semi-) dynamic event.

The very fact that the plague was active for months after this event ended is an indication that it was good. I'd be jubilant if they brought it back; some of my characters still have dna sitting in cargo. Did you think about that when your toons were turning green and puking? That exploding into green goo gave you dna, that there was no real long-term damage, and that you could have opted out entirely by staying away from the fleets/populated areas and/or utilizing the vaccines?

Meh. The rak event was fantastic. The Chevin event...talk about ugh...but to each his/her own.

(nah, not trolling, sorry if I came off as abrasive there; just tired and grumpy and this is the last post of the night; if you hated it you hated it and hopefully the next event will be to your liking :))

I really loved this event, though they could of handled the vaccine better, have it free to obtain and make it re-usable, that would of solved a lot of the aggro.