So I Met My First War Hero Sentinel Today

Cempa

I'm full BM with x2 Augmented War Hero pieces with +18k HP buffed, this happened mid fight when all my control abilities were on CD.

The Sentinel was ignoring me until I used my knock back, he Force Charged and I was dead before knock back CD was up. I used a PvP stim and bubble 3 sec blind fired and landed on him!

We had a healer and by the time he targeted me I was dead, literally within 15 sec I went from 100 to 0.

Edited by Cempa

I'm full BM with x2 Augmented War Hero pieces with +18k HP buffed, this happened mid fight when all my control abilities were on CD.

The Sentinel was ignoring me until I used my knock back, he Force Charged and I was dead before knock back CD was up. I used a PvP stim and bubble 3 sec blind fired and landed on him!

We had a healer and by the time he targeted me I was dead, literally within 15 sec I went from 100 to 0.

15 second is enough time for a good mara sent to kill you 1.5 times from 100-0.

If you know a good mara/sent got on you and you dont have a healer/tank/dps friend to back you up, blow all your CC and hopefully their CC break is down, and get away and run back to your friends.

Even if you had full War Hero and hes only full BM you will probably only survive a bit longer, since sorc scales terrible compares to marauders.

Edited by warultima

15 seconds is more than enough time to kill anyone, let alone when the one doing the killing is a sentinel/marauder. Grab a stopwatch and count to 15, like the previous poster said, thats more than enough time to kill you once and a few times over Edited by kamesama

15 seconds is more than enough time to kill anyone, let alone when the one doing the killing is a sentinel/marauder. Grab a stopwatch and count to 15, like the previous poster said, thats more than enough time to kill you once and a few times over

Any class but a sorc can kill another person in 15 seconds.

This is where you're wrong. I played roughly 20 warzone matches today with my BM Sorcerer and have downed numerous other classes in probably less time than that.

This is where you're wrong. I played roughly 20 warzone matches today with my BM Sorcerer and have downed numerous other classes in probably less time than that.

If given the space and time to do it ofc – I guess that could apply to most classes though, so yes you’re right.

To the OP: As Madness, pop your relic ---> Drop DF, wrathed CD, Afli, CT and a double recklessness FL and watch their health disappear.

15 seconds is a good time alive against sentinel. You should have died in 5 seconds. Thats the way the game is now.

Edited by kenbenobi

15 seconds is a good time alive against sentinel. You should have died in 5 seconds. Thats the way the game is now.

This

Also pyrotech powertechs just do insane amount of burst damage I'm pretty much dead when I have one on me

Concerning both the bursting capabilities of the sorceror and the surviverability, Bioware must have some sort of reasoning behind this. My only explanation is that they needed to bring down the number of Sorcerors/sages to a more normal level.

I believe that Bioware is competent enough to see that the sorcerors are fairly underachieving atm when it comes to the 1 on 1 situations. Wether this is due to poor surviverability or poor burst or even a combination of both. Only the future will tell. I also believe that Bioware is competent enough to see that Marauders/sentinels are way too strong in their burst and training capabilities. Only when they release the ranked warzones will we be able to tell what Bioware actually thinks is a good enough class balance.

I hope that Bioware will do something about our class. Either buff our survierability, which I dont think is the solution, or give us more burst. I think that Bioware should atleast aim for all classes to have a decent chance against as many other classes as possible in a 1on1 situation without making each class too powerfull when grouped.

It would be nice to know how bioware looks upon the situation of the sorceror? Bioware, a small statment perhaps so that we, the community can either adapt or hope for improvement?

Pretty please Bioware ;)

I can kill another sorc is under 15 seconds. It however took me 38 seconds exactly to kill an AFK Vanguard with 21000hp. I am a rank 82 Sorc in full BM with WH Ear/2x Implants/Relics and pair of boots.

Switched to my marauder, found the same vanguard afk WZ farming again at the starting point cornor where you drop down to grass side in civil war, and killed him in 10 seconds flat. My marauder is in full recruit with BM main hand + offhand.

I can kill another sorc is under 15 seconds. It however took me 38 seconds exactly to kill an AFK Vanguard with 21000hp. I am a rank 82 Sorc in full BM with WH Ear/2x Implants/Relics and pair of boots.

Switched to my marauder, found the same vanguard afk WZ farming again at the starting point cornor where you drop down to grass side in civil war, and killed him in 10 seconds flat. My marauder is in full recruit with BM main hand + offhand.

Well, to be fair he was a tank, AFK or not... Obviously it's going to take a bit longer to wear a tank down than some other class. Though with the build I use at least, it is technically possible to take down a tank in 15 seconds or a bit more if you literally pop ALL cooldowns like relics, exp boost, adrenal, recklessness charge... So yeah, it is possible but not practical.

Edited by Barrgil

Why does a burst/dps class have so many ways of rooting and snaring? Off Resolve CC by the ton!

Look at Carnage: x3 three second roots! Thats 9 sec of free DPS! Then they have more CC via DoT snare that means it is immune to ANY dispel mechanic as it will simply re apply itself! They even have Force Camo in a short CD so they can get up right to us and start DPS as to have a Force Charge ready when we try to run!

The class has too many off resolve tools.

Well, to be fair he was a tank, AFK or not... Obviously it's going to take a bit longer to wear a tank down than some other class. Though with the build I use at least, it is technically possible to take down a tank in 15 seconds or a bit more if you literally pop ALL cooldowns like relics, exp boost, adrenal, recklessness charge... So yeah, it is possible but not practical.

You're missing his point.

His geared sorc took 38 seconds.

His undergeared noob armor warrior (forgot class, marauder?) took 15?

Btw OP, 15 seconds is way too long for a marauder to burst a sorc down. I've died within 1 rotation with 1153 expertise. Even if a half health marauder starts on me, as long as he has that dmg reduction cooldown up, chances are I'll still die (even if my dots somehow kills him afterwards). That being said, I can 1v1 most marauders though since 95% of them seems to play without much thought, not that they need to lol. The thing I don't understand is why marauders have a 1 min dmg reduction cooldown. I mean sure, sorcs have a heal and a dmg absorb shield I know, but I'd trade those for the marauder dmg shield anyday.

If BW called me today and told me I can make 1 change PvP wise that must not increase DPS I would move Electric Binding -root with Knock Back- to tier 1.

This.

Even as a Healer (which I am) I would be more than happy to sacrifice talents elsewhere to take this one.