Rakghoul Plague Outbreak Ended - Surprised by this?

Arjin

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My assumptions were based on the standard of MMO games and how events are handled.

See below

What MMOs are you talking about? Here are the ones I've played:

Dark Age of Camelot: didn't have events

City of Heroes: vendors disappeared as soon as the event was over

World of Warcraft: vendors disappeared as soon as the event was over

The Old Republic: vendor disappeared as soon as the event was over

Do you see a pattern here?

Seems to be that Bioware was conforming to the standard, and it's you who made an incorrect assumption.

Please enlighten us as to what games you refer to as having this standard?

You forgot the third group: people who don't care one way or the other about the vendor but who are sick of people whining and crying about things that are their own fault.

>sick of people complaining.

>view and engage in thread where people are complaining.

People astound me sometimes.

I was. 220 DNA samples. Little window for a warning would have been nice.

Put a vendor on the fleet for a week. Put way too much effort to get these. Now I need to flush em down the toilet with all of my Merc, Champion, and Centurion comms????

u do realize they had a post up about it ending for about 5 days before this.

>sick of people complaining.

>view and engage in thread where people are complaining.

>developers make the deadline of an event readily available to anyone that looks for it.

>people don't look for said information.

>people don't take responsibility for their own inaction and lack of initiative and blame Bioware.

"People astound me sometimes."

My assumptions were based on the standard of MMO games and how events are handled. It's fine if BW wants to divert from this, but it's not good public relations to tangent and not say anything about it until right before the event ends.

The standard of MMO games is to remove the vendor when the event ends. You made an assumption based on your own preconceived notion, and you turned out to be wrong.

YOU NEVER REMOVE NPC TURN IN / VENDORS FROM AN EVENT AS SOON AS IT ENDS. Period no arguement EVER. You end the event, the quest line, the items needed to finish the quest but NEVER the turn in vendor and if you do its NEVER right after the event ends.

Interesting, the games I've played always had the event vendors disappear when the event ended because of the fact that they are event vendors. That's rather the point of an event, you participate in it and get what it has to offer before it's over.

The standard of MMO games is to remove the vendor when the event ends. You made an assumption based on your own preconceived notion, and you turned out to be wrong.

Yup. I was wrong. Sucks to be me.

Sucks to be a lot of us.

BW, please reinstate vendors so players like myself, and the silent majority, can spend their earned DNA samples.

BW, please reinstate vendors so players like myself, and the silent majority, can spend their earned DNA samples.

There you go assuming that everyone who doesn't post here is in agreement with you. Probably a fair number of those "silent" players simply don't care either way, and probably a few more would be in agreement with those who see no reason to bring the vendor back.

See, both sides can play the "silent majority". And there is no way to prove the other wrong, so it pretty much nullifies the "silent majority" argument.

Yup. I was wrong. Sucks to be me.

Sucks to be a lot of us.

Better.

The right way to start a thread: Bioware, I messed up and didn't realize the vendor would be gone when the event ended. Can you bring it back?

The wrong way to start a thread: Bioware, YOU HAVE WRONGED ME!! How dare you remove the vendor! No one in their right mind would do that! The last 10 people subbed to the game are going to quit because you are terrible people!!!

Man... people that play every day seem like an angry bunch.

Anyway, BW, I wasn't around for 3 days. I knew the event to acquire DNA samples was ending, but I didn't assume that meant the vendor would be out of game at the same time. Since putting it back in, after this clarification of future events, wouldn't harm anything (and only allow players to spend their earned DNA samples), I really think you should do it.

No downside.

THX! :D

Anyway, BW, I wasn't around for 3 days. I knew the event to acquire DNA samples was ending, but I didn't assume that meant the vendor would be out of game at the same time. Since putting it back in, after this clarification of future events, wouldn't harm anything (and only allow players to spend their earned DNA samples), I really think you should do it.

No downside.

And if not keep it for the memories :D

Tell that to Blizzard. For the longest time they had the vendors removed as soon as the event ended.

There was even one year they even changed the event currency from the previous year, rendering any that people had saved from years past to be completely useless.

they changed the brew fest currency... but you could turn in your old currency for the new stuff.

Some of you surprise me.....An Event is just that , something that happens and then is taken away, until it returns again.....If you played the event, then great..if you didn't then great....if you look forward to it next time, great....

This is not an ongoing thing, if it was, it would not be an event...The Jawa has a family and had to move on, he did tell the nearby people that he may return, but his wife just had twins, and he deserves to see them....

Unless he wins the lottery, I am pretty sure he will return...

Hang on to your dna and turn it in next time he is back....now please end thsi silly talk, and move along...

And for some of you, STOP asking people to hold your hand in life, and TRY to actually own your own life...

Edited by Tiggress

Let's say you're at work and you employer has an event for it's employees. For example, sales: "Sell X amount of items, and get a token you can turn in for some perk at the human resources website. The event starts on Sunday, and ends on Saturday night!"

On Wednesday, you grinded to get a lot of these tokens, but had a vacation scheduled on Thursday. You might pop into work on Saturday to get a few more, but not sure. You get back on Tuesday, and decided to cash in your tokens on the HR website. Event is done, so can't get anymore tokens.

Website turn in button is gone.

Call HR...

You: "Hey where is the turn in button, I have all these sales tokens."

HR: "The event ended, so you can't turn them in."

You: "Wait what?"

HR: "You were told the event would end on Saturday, and on Thursday, we announced that you couldn't turn them in."

You: "I was on vacation, why didn't you just say that when the event end date was first stated on Sunday???"

HR: "No exceptions."

You: "So I just wasted my time and effort and you're screwing me because I wasn't around for 3 days to hear you announce that you're doing this event a different way than 99% of other sales companies do their events?"

HR: "SIR!, we might redo the event at some point, possibly in a year."

You: "I don't even..."

Guy who cashed out on Saturday after hearing the notice: "LOL! Why you complaining!?"

Naw this won't piss anyone off.

Bad analogy is bad.

I disagree.

Clearly I'm right.

In your own mind at least. If you were clearly right, then more people would be in agreement with you. However, since a good number are not in agreement with you, obviously you are not "clearly" right.

Not everyone reads the forums, or listens to guild chat, or other players. Or socializes with anyone else at all ever. And they don't like surprises. In fact they'd prefer to be playing an offline solo game, but then they'd have no one to complain to.

One who refuses to seek new information has little leeway to criticize others for their own lack of information.

Here you said you missed 3 days of playing:

No downside.

And here you said you played the whole week.

I dunno about that. I'd rather forget about wasting my in-game time for a week.

Something tells me you just forgot or waited to long or who knows what caused you to not turn in your samples but I, in no way, think the vender should be reinstated cause you failed to do something in a weeks time due to your own failings. Whatever they may be.

Then there is the statement from bioware to remind everyone about the event ending and you still missed it.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=4103707#edit4103707

and IIRC, a statement was made last week to when the event was ending as well.

I can only hope it's not put back in cause people failed to turn them in.

Edited by Quraswren