Bioware dont change a thing for Marauders!

whatthefett

Ignore the jaded replies, I appreciated your post. People in this game have tunnel vision when it comes to marauders, they see the flashing lightsabers and have a epileptic fit.

They don't see the sniper focusing your target from range because his enormous single target burst is delivered in less than a second with no visible graphic.

I do this all the time with my IA, it allows my damage to be hidden behind other team mates and draws less attention to me.

Except you can kill Snipers and Agents. You can also LoS them, and run away from their range. Really tough to run away from a Marauder, can't really los a melee. Also they can turn invisible and have a 99 percent immunity shield.

If I am on top of you in melee range, I can eat you alive, just as fast as you can beat on me. Don't even compare snipers to Marauders. Snipers are glass cannons that can be killed even if they do beat you silly.

Edited by TheOpf

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except you can kill Snipers and Agents. You can also LoS them, and run away from their range. Really tough to run away from a Marauder, can't really los a melee. Also they can turn invisible and have a 99 percent immunity shield.

If I am on top of you in melee range, I can eat you alive, just as fast as you can beat on me. Don't even compare snipers to Marauders. Snipers are glass cannons that can be killed even if they do beat you silly.

Oh, so the game is meant to be balanced for 1v1 now? Please, do share more of your obvious PvP knowledge...

Oh, so the game is meant to be balanced for 1v1 now? Please, do share more of your obvious PvP knowledge...

Do you ever have anything to actually say? You realize everyone takes your comments with a grain of salt right?

That's right a marauder is balanced around winning a 2v1 I forgot you think that's balanced. Go back to your crayons ;P.

Do you ever have anything to actually say? You realize everyone takes your comments with a grain of salt right?

That's right a marauder is balanced around winning a 2v1 I forgot you think that's balanced. Go back to your crayons ;P.

Maybe you can win 2v1 against bads, (read: 90% of the playerbase) hell I've done 1v4 before, but any competent player knows how to win a 1v1 and, yes, a 2v1, against a Mara. Go to bed kid, it's getting late.

Edited by dschlan

Maybe you can win 2v1 against bads, (read: 90% of the playerbase) hell I've done 1v4 before, but any competent player knows how to win a 1v1 and, yes, a 2v1, against a Mara. Go to bed kid, it's getting late.

You can't win a 1v1 against a good Marauder. You might lose 1v1's all the time as a Marauder, but we said a good player. You can beat a Marauder with 2 people barely, if you out gear him. If you have won 1v4 at 50 than your server is just awful, and you are the king of all. I apologize my liege for ever doubting how amazing you must be, and how dare we question your infinite pvp ability.

Now it's your turn let me help you out ready

"Nonsense filled with name calling, because as long as I call people names maybe no one will notice I can't win unless I can kill everyone 1v1 without giving them a chance."

There I made your post for you.

Let's say you have 5 seconds of 99 percent immunity and a full resolve bar, or I have no CC available.

You 1v1 Mara and pack him full of resolve without actually killing him?

However in the 4 GCD times. I hit you with FB - 1.5k damage (hits you for 15) RP 2.2k (hits you for 22). Immolate 3k (hits you for 30), and FB crits for 2.2k(hits you for 22). You are now sitting at 1.6k. In the same span

Oh, hey, he has 99% damage reduction, dealing 100 damage seems like best option.

You hit me for 2.2k, 4k, 1.1k, and 2k that 9.5k. If you crit at any time, I am dead, and you are still at 1.6k. It's not hard to do the basic math.

Show me single skill that deals 4k in one GCD without crit, please.

You can't win a 1v1 against a good Marauder. You might lose 1v1's all the time as a Marauder, but we said a good player. You can beat a Marauder with 2 people barely, if you out gear him. If you have won 1v4 at 50 than your server is just awful, and you are the king of all. I apologize my liege for ever doubting how amazing you must be, and how dare we question your infinite pvp ability.

Now it's your turn let me help you out ready

"Nonsense filled with name calling, because as long as I call people names maybe no one will notice I can't win unless I can kill everyone 1v1 without giving them a chance."

There I made your post for you.

Whatever, bads will be bads, far be it from me to care if you want to continue to live in willful ignorance. By all means, run around crying for nerfs. Good players have already adapted, learned how to improve and beat a class that has been pretty much left alone since launch, and moved on.

I eat marauders for breakfast on my sniper, ambush has a automatic knock back when specced into it on every shot. I can slow you from range and kite you to the cows come home. I can stun you with debilitate or flash bang when you get close or just hunker down wait for your cool downs to fade and crush you.

and contray to your earlier statement i can LOS you, i do it all the time to prevent a charge on me. Force camouflage only lasts for 4 secs and the dmg reduction on it has been reduced.

so pullessse give me some more complaints I can shoot down.

Who didn't think ret pallies who popped wings/bubbles were amazing skilled players? Blizzard at least acknowledged it and fixed it though.

Imagine if paly's could pop wings and bubble at the same time... then after bubble wore off, did another bubble, and then after that wore off popped 25% damage reduction, and if that expires, they can vanish and wait 10 seconds, then bubble again!

Ok, I was very vocal on some of the pvp problems, mechanics, balance, and rewards but I need to tell you something. While I minimally engaged in 10-49 pvp I have been doing it more and more at 50.

When I started, I was getting crushed. No one said the Marauder was over powered or that I was killing it. I wasnt.

But after I got my first two pieces of Battlemaster gear everything started to change. I was becoming on par with the other geared players in the warzones and I was playing at a very competetive level.

Now I am crushing and getting better and better. My point is this: Sadly, it took level 50 and burning through some gear to equalize the playing field, but now its equal! Now I can compete. Dont listen to the flames of Marauder overpoweredness because we have the same plusses and minuses of every other class. It finally is becoming fun! I have had some of the best warzone matches recently than over the last 3 months I have been playing and its great. Even when there is a bad one and we get crushed (and by the way in those the team is always arguing in Ops chat instead of working together).

Warzones are a coordinated team effort that I have have become good at and its not just about burst damage. You would be amazed what I can do with team buffs, Force Camoflague, Undying Rge, and our stun. Othe rplayers forget they can move, run and fight another day, stun, heal, get help, etc. They stand there and get burnt down and then complain that we got patched for basic ability increases we were short of to begin with!

Check your metrics and stay the course! Marauders are here to stay baby!!!!!!!!!

It only took you two pieces of BM gear to equal things out? Hahahaha, I wish the same for every class but it isn't. That's the problem.

The real problem is that marauders can live 4/5 times longer than everyone else. In a world of pvp glass cannons, when you are given far superior defensive mitigation, you will reign supreme. Either mara defense has to be nerfed or everyone else's mitigation needs improved. PVP will be utterly broken until a balance can be reestablished.

One vs. One they are unbeatable, period. I challenge any developer to take that challenge; of course, they clearly don't play the game as reflected in the current state of pvp.

Ignore the jaded replies, I appreciated your post. People in this game have tunnel vision when it comes to marauders, they see the flashing lightsabers and have a epileptic fit.

They don't see the sniper focusing your target from range because his enormous single target burst is delivered in less than a second with no visible graphic.

I do this all the time with my IA, it allows my damage to be hidden behind other team mates and draws less attention to me.

Funny when operativez stated tbe same thing everyone still complained untill they were neffed 3 times into uselessness. People only see the operative hitting them for 2-3k. Tbey dont see the bh or sniper also shooting them.

This argument did not help operatives and it wont help the now OP mauraders. Everyone is maming one since they are the class to be in this dps race tbey call pvp.

99% inmunity on a one of the best dps ? that is a great idea hee, that has sense

This is part of the issue with rage against Maras and why people may suggest they are OP'd- no one knows how they work. You must be referring to "Undying Rage". I would like to clear that up.

Undying rage takes 50% of your health. So first, using it anywhere above 15% health (I say this because of lag or server delay) is useless and an automatic loss. What that means is if its a close fight and you need that one last hit, pop it and hold off for 5 more seconds. In fairness, I also like to use it with my group stun to delay advances on doors, group, etc but that is interruptable anyway by good players).

Unfortunately the counter to this, although it looks like many people arent using it properly, is that many classes have a "look, I hit a button and got back 60% of my health instantly!"

Undying Rage is a minor tool in the toolkit.

Edited by whatthefett

Heh, i'm surprised more people didn't notice that little gem.

To start and be competetive in a group environment- what the game was desinged for! Everyone likes to take pieces out of context and use them how they want. Not one single person has given any calc or numerical result that shows Maras as "overpowered" and they cant.

Time for people to start rethinking how they play against the group that has a Mara. i guess we are overpowered when we get heals from a healer too. Or use a stim. Or coordinate focussed attacks.

Edited by whatthefett

I eat marauders for breakfast on my sniper, ambush has a automatic knock back when specced into it on every shot. I can slow you from range and kite you to the cows come home. I can stun you with debilitate or flash bang when you get close or just hunker down wait for your cool downs to fade and crush you.

and contray to your earlier statement i can LOS you, i do it all the time to prevent a charge on me. Force camouflage only lasts for 4 secs and the dmg reduction on it has been reduced.

so pullessse give me some more complaints I can shoot down.

Let them whine. People picked easy "OP" classes at launch (Sorc, TM spammers) and there were no melee to keep them in control. More melee come and there are now no sniper/GS' to keep them under control because Snipers/GS aren't a sexy class, and newbs can't play them right.

Good snipers/GS destroy melee DPS, but then there are threads of people asking "Should I take a sniper on my rated team?" and complaining about marauders in the same post lol.

Undying Rage is a minor tool in the toolkit.

:rolleyes:6 sec immortality on a 1 min cd is a minor tool in the toolkit. I consider my Evasion to be one of my more valuable defensive CD:s and it has the same cd, lasts half the duration and grants you immunity to white attacks only.

Edited by Endusima

Another partial quote, to your benefit. I think I explained why it is minor because of the scenario it is used in.

Yes yes, you say that it's useful for getting "that last hit". The retarded part here is that in 6 seconds a well geared mara can take anywhere from 30-50% of someones hp. Thats more then "that last hit". Just *********** deal with the fact that Undying Rage is a retarded, noskill ability that everyone always pop whenever they slip below 10%