Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

the enormous gear appearance issue

Clown_Envy

DEV's this issue NEEDS to be dealt with!!! We pay monthly in order to customize our gaming experience to SOME degree. There are a lot of players like myself that put a lot of weight on the appearance of their toon. If I feel like my toon is ugly I will not log on as much and I won't play as often!! That equals money lost for your company. This seems like a simple enough solution. Allow the mods to be pulled out (all of them) from Battlemaster and War Hero Gear... It's a matter of preference that people hate the way end game gear looks that is correct...but it should be a matter of preference if we HAVE to use it or not. Should not be punished for having gear that we like the looks of!!!!

ALL MOD-ABLE gear should be interchangeable. Looks are VERY important to most players!!

Please respond and let us know if this is even on the horizon...

Also, I know similar posts are out there. REPLY to this if you agree and want to look the way you want and not lose stats because of it!!! Let's hear it!

Thank you,

Is this real life?

You do realize that nothing you said in the OP is actually an issue, right?

You CAN pull all mods out of BM and War Hero gear.

You CAN put those mods into any moddable gear you find.

Edited by VicSkimmr

This seems like a simple enough solution. Allow the mods to be pulled out (all of them) from Battlemaster and War Hero Gear... ,

Umm.. this can already be done? Care to elaborate? :confused:

I'm thinking he's talking about battlemaster gear that we had before the patch...?

Since the patch we can pull all three mods from them too..

Edited by Lundli

Ok well I'm hoping I am just an idiot lol...So to clarify, I can make a pc of orange gear exactly equal to my Battlemaster gear/war hero gear that I hate the look of? All of the expertise and everything?

I thought only 2/3 could be pulled out?

I am sorry but I would LOVE to be wrong on this!

dont you guys get it?

stop feeding them please. they will go find other games to feed off of if we leave them be.

sigh, this is just this weeks complaints from the vocal under the bridge crowd, nothing to see here or reply to.

funny stuff though its like someone misinformed this poster or this is completely made up of false facts on purpose to generate replies, wither way , its a no starter.

Ok well I'm hoping I am just an idiot lol...So to clarify, I can make a pc of orange gear exactly equal to my Battlemaster gear/war hero gear that I hate the look of? All of the expertise and everything?

I thought only 2/3 could be pulled out?

I am sorry but I would LOVE to be wrong on this!

It used to be only the enhancement and the mod but now you can pull the armoring too. For older gear like the Battlemaster gear the set-bonus will not transfer though, the war-hero set-bonus should transfer just fine..

NO NO NO you don't understand. I am a legitimate player with a legitimate misunderstanding. You my friend have been poisoned and burned too many times. I just need some help to understand.

The set bonus' don't make much of a difference to me...one more blast of orbital strike for my Agent is the most useful I see.

I feel like I tried to pull all 3 out after 1.2 and I can only SEE 2 of the 3 slots because one is PART of the PVP gear no?

NO NO NO you don't understand. I am a legitimate player with a legitimate misunderstanding. You my friend have been poisoned and burned too many times. I just need some help to understand.

The set bonus' don't make much of a difference to me...one more blast of orbital strike for my Agent is the most useful I see.

I feel like I tried to pull all 3 out after 1.2 and I can only SEE 2 of the 3 slots because one is PART of the PVP gear no?

Hmm, I haven't had that issue. Could it have been a champion piece maybe?

OK now I'm super excited to get home from work later and try this. I am leveling a POWERTECH and LOVE the levvel 40 pvp gear and some other gear I've come across but really am not looking forward to the level 50 gear :-/

I apologize for my intensity and misunderstanding in my OP,

I appreciate the info :)

(not everyone is a troll people)

One thing you may need to consider, if you already owned PvP and PvE suits of armour pre-patch you would have had to have the original mods in them for them to update to the new status. If you switch one mod or Enhancement out in your battlemaster set it will not have updated to the new format and the armour slot will still be fixed.

One thing you may need to consider, if you already owned PvP and PvE suits of armour pre-patch you would have had to have the original mods in them for them to update to the new status. If you switch one mod or Enhancement out in your battlemaster set it will not have updated to the new format and the armour slot will still be fixed.

Gotcha...well honestly I'm MOST concerned with it for when my POWERTECH hits 50. So at this point I own NONE and I should be good to go when I hit 50 with whatever my favorite looking gear is :) Just need to make sure I have the coin to do all the swaps haha

honestly I thought it would be cool to be a powertech in FULL vanguard Gear haha...Tricky tricky during PVP :)

Considering I like the abilities of powertech more but LOVE the look of the vanguards.

Edited by Clown_Envy

My issue is the cost of pulling the mods out, its 33k+ for each mod you pull out, so for gear thats basically 100k to swap mods from one piece of armor to the other piece.... It's complete BS because the mods bind to you when you pull them out so its not like you can sell them, yet Bioware wants to hit you with a money sink just to get the look you want..... Complete B.S. if you ask me....

Has Bioware even justified why they charge us to swap mods from one piece of armor to the next? Considering we can't make money on it I don't understand why Bioware wants to hit us with this fee..... Unless its a way for Bioware to force people who can't afford to do it to wear their ugly gear designs....

Edited by Monoth

The OP is right.

The gear in this game is horrendous.

I look exactly the same as I did from lvl 1-49 (Shadow) and once I hit lvl 50, I wish I stayed from 1-49 because the gear is even WORSE!

There's even less incentive to play end game, because essentially it's just a grind fest for gear. Gear that is unbelievably ugly.

I sometimes que for a WZ, look at my lvl 50 shadow, then look at a lvl 50 assassin and just wonder "WHY BW!? WHY!?" The assassin looks 1000000000000000000000x better (real math) than the Shadow!

I'm sorry but when your gear is so terrible that you don't even want to log back into the toon - that says something about the gear designers..

If it's still like this when I hit 50, I will end my sub. The armour they made for 50 is the worse ever made and I don't wanna be a clone!

Secret World might get a visit from me in the future... Bioware patching is meh... they fix wrong stuff or too little...

The OP is right.

The gear in this game is horrendous.

I look exactly the same as I did from lvl 1-49 (Shadow) and once I hit lvl 50, I wish I stayed from 1-49 because the gear is even WORSE!

There's even less incentive to play end game, because essentially it's just a grind fest for gear. Gear that is unbelievably ugly.

I sometimes que for a WZ, look at my lvl 50 shadow, then look at a lvl 50 assassin and just wonder "WHY BW!? WHY!?" The assassin looks 1000000000000000000000x better (real math) than the Shadow!

I'm sorry but when your gear is so terrible that you don't even want to log back into the toon - that says something about the gear designers..

That's not what this thread is about.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.