Do you want endless stalemates of healing?

Inthebeginning

I'm well aware of the icons for, say, a Sage's spells. Don't kick the GTAE, don't kick the channel unless you catch it immediately (because kicking the last tick of the channel is lol), kick the fast and slow heal. Interrupts are STILL weak in this scenario, because if I play well and kick the fast heal, it doesn't stop the Sage from shielding, using their HoT, casting the long heal, or casting the channel -- all of which are worth casting (even the HoT if he thinks he has time to use it to make his long heal crit). All I did was cost the Sage 1-2 seconds of casting, and while this can be useful if the Sage is near death, it's pretty paltry compared to, say, locking an entire school of spells out ala WoW.

Interrupts aren't useless, but pretending that they're strong is disingenuous. I have a 50 Sorcerer, I heal with him in warzones, and being interrupted is one of the least of my worries.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to have to interrupt and CC to kill healers as a marauder. Now, I just laugh as my damage simply tears through their feeble attempts to heal. It's cool, I'll keep playing DPS now that it's extreme EZ mode. Who needs healers or tanks when I can spend half a match mitigating half your damage, and a decent chunk of the rest mobile, immune, and dealing more damage than anyone can handle?

You just need a healer for defending nodes and a tank to keep that healer alive since they're so squishy they're the only class that absolutely relies on having someone glued to them to not be worthless.

Yeah- think I'll stick with marauder and own face wherever, whenever.

Interrupts are kind of overrated because the best PvP healer (Op) has only one heal that can be interrupted.

I saw an interesting strategy of just spamming Benevolence/Dark Heal because good DPS never interrupt that (because it's weak) so you actually get some heals off. Of course it doens't heal enough so you still die (slowly) while you run out of resources very fast, but it's probably still better than having every Deliverance interrupted 0.1s before it finishes.

Why do people continually conflate over gearing your opponents with healing being OP?

Here's a fact, dps out scales healing in pvp. By definition then, you can only not kill a healer 1v1 if they have better gear than you or are just better than you. IE you don't use stuns, interrupts, and knockbacks appropriately.

So once again it has nothing to do with healing and everything to do with gear and skill disparity

Healers shouldn't be able to live in a 1v1. If they have skill(everyone thinks they have skill, but most dont) and good gear(good defined as battlermaster or above) they should die eventually in a 1v1 fight with a dps. Healers should always have their team mates protecting them via guards and taunts, or CCs and dps from classes without those. Most healers that post on this forum want to be unkillable, they think because of the their spec they deserve a free ride through the WZ. That's unacceptable and I'm confident bioware will never allow that to happen, healing has never been as bad in this game as it is in WoW.

If a healer cannot live against one dps in a 1v1, why would anyone ever bring healers. It would be better to bring only tanks and dps.

Ops/Scoundrels have 2 heals that can be interrupted.

( and hots are weak, and emergency medpac requires UH. Let's not make out its EZ mode healing).

Pretty much nobody uses the heal with a casting time that consumes an UH/TA if they've the instant heal that consumes the same thing.

If you stop moving as a healer, you're usually dead. A good Op/Scoundrel will very rarely stop moving to even cast their normal heal because like every healer they get smashed when they stand still.

. They want healing to be like it is in world of warcraft: Healers being invincible and able to keep 2-3 people at 100% too.

Yet somehow people die in 3v3 arena. I wonder how that happens?

Edit: I will give a hint. It is rarely because the healer runs out of resources.

Edited by AltruisticRage

Pretty much nobody uses the heal with a casting time that consumes an UH/TA if they've the instant heal that consumes the same thing.

If you stop moving as a healer, you're usually dead. A good Op/Scoundrel will very rarely stop moving to even cast their normal heal because like every healer they get smashed when they stand still.

Which is part of the problem with Sorcerers right now. The only heal that can be casted while moving is a HoT with a small up front heal (usually around 1.5k on a crit) or the small heal from the specced purge.

Which is part of the problem with Sorcerers right now. The only heal that can be casted while moving is a HoT with a small up front heal (usually around 1.5k on a crit) or the small heal from the specced purge.

Well I think being able to cast heals while running away is a ridiculous concept to begin with. I can fight a Op/Scount and interrupt every heal they cast and they'll still not die because all they need is the instant heals, and I think there's something wrong if a DPS cannot defeat a healer while interrupting EVERY heal that can be interrupted.

Though in general healers are relatively weak compared to DPS in this game but I think it makes the game more interesting. In SWTOR heal is more like some kind of temporary way to keep some important guy alive. You're not necessarily always coming out ahead if you just heal like a madman.

Interrupts are kind of overrated because the best PvP healer (Op) has only one heal that can be interrupted.

Well overrated vs. Ops ...not overrated against sage/sorcs because it completely owns them. Heh

Edit: Glad I am not the only one that understands Ops are the best PvP healers.

Edited by pathiss

It would be nice of match making would try to give both teams an even number of healers. Its no fun when the other team has four healers, two guarded at any one point and you're team can't kill anyone even when focussed by 4 people.

Well I think being able to cast heals while running away is a ridiculous concept to begin with. I can fight a Op/Scount and interrupt every heal they cast and they'll still not die because all they need is the instant heals, and I think there's something wrong if a DPS cannot defeat a healer while interrupting EVERY heal that can be interrupted.

Though in general healers are relatively weak compared to DPS in this game but I think it makes the game more interesting. In SWTOR heal is more like some kind of temporary way to keep some important guy alive. You're not necessarily always coming out ahead if you just heal like a madman.

Well you can just as easily say that doing DPS while moving is just as silly. :)

On a side note, the insta heal consumes TA until the operative is below 30%. Use that as you will to your advantage ;)

I use that heal all the time to bait an interrupt (which works a lot of the time), and if they don't it is still a bigger heal than the instant, especially with the +30% on crit talent. Sure sub-30% health I am spamming that instant, but the fast heal has its use. You can stop moving, and you have to against competent dps because hots and instants will not keep you up. You just have to do it at the right time (Out of LoS, when you CC, after you have baited an interrupt).

Do you know how frustrating it was to try and kill a healer in 1.1.5? It was like beating your fists on a wall. It was hopelessly one sided. The situation transferred into WZ where Merc healers could walk into a group of 4 people and just spam heal themselves through it. I actually RAN AWAY from healers because I knew I couldn't beat them 1v1.

What you have now is balance. Healers are still extremely helpful to your team, but they aren't invincible anymore. Throw them some support and tender loving care and they become nearly unkillable again.

So now healers are forced to run away and you call it balance. Good stuff, mang.

If you can't dps through HoTs and the instant, then you are undergeared compared to the Op, you play a tank spec, the op is guarded, or you are not CCing the Op sub 30%.

Healers are strictly team players, just like tanks. No they shouldn't win 1v1s, ever, just like tanks cant(and dont bother whining about shadows tanks, they will always lose 1v1 against a dps if both are geared and know how to play).

At 1.2 launch, I was concerned that I was going to have to give up PvP healing (Sage, Valor 59 on patch day).

Sure enough, things are not as bad as that. I get focus fired more now, because it is much more effective, but with kiting and controls I can keep myself alive while evading maybe 3 people if there's a good pillar to hump and I've got my cooldowns.

I understand the 1v1 logic. It felt true on patch day, Sickboy here is absolutely right. A DPS does no need support to fight another single person, they only need an enemy. A healer needs a team, probably of 2 more people, to be really effective. If I've already got a HoT on me, recasting it is a waste of time, With a teammate there, I can a good spell I couldn't otherwise use. Salvation is not useful in a 1v1, but it's fantastic in 3vX. Bubbles are limited to every 18 seconds on just me, but I could cast one every 6 on me and two friends.

The 1v1 argument is, in fact, totally bunk. If a healer could 1v1 indefinitely, then the benefits of the healing cooldowns, debuffs, and AoEs would make things in real team play quite ridiculous.

If you can't dps through HoTs and the instant, then you are undergeared compared to the Op, you play a tank spec, the op is guarded, or you are not CCing the Op sub 30%.

Your post sounds exactly like what Merc healer said when they were unkillable pre 1.2.

It's pretty funny you mentioned you can stop moving since the only reason to stop moving is to cast a heal, except your heals are the easiest to interrupt in the game (less variety than a Sorc, no interrupt immunity mechanism compared to Merc). So apparently guys who have no problem stopping harder heals somehow don't know how to stop your 2 easy to interrupt heals.

Every MMO is full of these whiny idiots who can't figure out how to kill healers. There is a valid strategy for killing every healing class, OPs included; figure them out and quit ************.

Also, lol at the guy saying interrupts are weak...as if every class didn't have multiple ways to interrupt a cast.

Overall the changes are bad for the game. The bread and butter of any MMO is the general populace which for the most part will PVP casually. Now those weekend warriors are dying faster then ever so PVP becomes something they will avoid...

Your post sounds exactly like what Merc healer said when they were unkillable pre 1.2.

It's pretty funny you mentioned you can stop moving since the only reason to stop moving is to cast a heal, except your heals are the easiest to interrupt in the game (less variety than a Sorc, no interrupt immunity mechanism compared to Merc). So apparently guys who have no problem stopping harder heals somehow don't know how to stop your 2 easy to interrupt heals.

Try saving your biggest burst until the operative gets near 30%. At that point his instant heal won't be enough to keep him alive through your burst. Most people burst at the wrong time when fighting an op.

Healers shouldn't be able to live in a 1v1. If they have skill(everyone thinks they have skill, but most dont) and good gear(good defined as battlermaster or above) they should die eventually in a 1v1 fight with a dps. Healers should always have their team mates protecting them via guards and taunts, or CCs and dps from classes without those. Most healers that post on this forum want to be unkillable, they think because of the their spec they deserve a free ride through the WZ. That's unacceptable and I'm confident bioware will never allow that to happen, healing has never been as bad in this game as it is in WoW.

This is silly. Having played healer and DPS you are way out there on facts.

First off if my healer can not survive a 1 vs 1 then he is useless in PVP and no one with a healer would ever PVP

Second off if you suck at CC and can not lock down a healer by yourself then this just says you can not PVP.

You should never be able to kill a healer alone but 2 with interrupts and CC can easy kill one. Learn to play PVP.

Like I said before. As a sorc healer I dont want to be unkillable. I just dont want to have no chances unless I got a guard or terrain offers me a possability to kill the dps who bursts me down. I cannot heal through a 3k dps burst even if noone interrupts me. Edited by dunkelhaar

i"m fine with healing as it is although i dont understand the point of a healer if they cant live 1v1. I personally can. but isn't the point of a healer to live and heal others?

So your saying as a DPS class you'd like to die from a healer, my main is a healer and i was a able to kill tons of people pre 1.2 as a Trooper CM and basically just, i guess :nuke" them down with SCC and CB, how ever as i did feel i could easialy be stopped with a DPS's many plethora of CC's should be able to interrupt me and easily counter me, and as a CM have hardly any CC when it comes to stopping people for doing damage to me other than HEALING its still slightly overpowered. This of it in a different perspective of other class based games like a AoS, a support hero should not out dmg a dps hero or even stand a chance

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.