EA to Release Fourth Quarter Fiscal Year 2012 Results on May 7, 2012

BCBull

My prediction is subs count will include all free months ones so won't be that bad :p

my prediction is you are completely wrong as the dates they are giving figures for show that the free month happened after the count.

Yes.. it is beginning to look like bioware did just give us 30 days and all this talk of it being used to bump up their numbers was just a steaming pile banthacrap made up by someone wearing a tin foil hat wanting an excuse to rebel against a big bad corporation.

Edited by corbanite

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a long time ago ;)

The good thing is they have been using the same engine for years now. Updated to dx11 for 2012! From the looks of things they have learned a lot.

Wow, really?! So TSW will have amazing graphics?! Wow!! The death of SWTOR is coming! TSW I'm coming for you! Can't wait!!

/sarcasm

my prediction is you are completely wrong as the dates they are giving figures for show that the free month happened after the count.

Yes.. it is beginning to look like bioware did just give us 30 days and all this talk of it being used to bump up their numbers was just a steaming pile banthacrap made up by someone wearing a tin foil hat wanting an excuse to rebel against a big bad corporation.

To buy into this theory, one would also have to go back to the last qurterly statement and believe that 300K accounts went inactive less than 10 days before the 30 day initial period ended.

The Secret World is made by EA, I will never play another MMO by EA until they release one that lives up to its promises.

It's actually made by Funcom, EA has nothing to do with development. EA is just distributing the game here in the States.

Edited by Aricus

European servers at 8:00 pm sunday

35 - light

52 - standard

1 - heavy

2 - full

We dont know how many playres is needed for a server to be standard. So where are all players with active accounts ?

On a side note 2 months ago there where no loght and half the servers where heavy.

Generally when corporations make reports for the investors, they also talk about what is currently happening. I wouldn't doubt they will also talk about the current subscription numbers at the time the report was made. It is what they did with the last report, they included the current subscription numbers at the time the report was made as well.

35 - light

52 - standard

1 - heavy

2 - full

We dont know how many playres is needed for a server to be standard. So where are all players with active accounts ?

On a side note 2 months ago there where no loght and half the servers where heavy.

Those 52 standard and 35 light probably feel empty, or nearly empty.

The Secret World is made by EA, I will never play another MMO by EA until they release one that lives up to its promises.

Whoa whoa Whoa TSW is NOT a EA game. Funcom 100% owns and is 100% independent.

EA is shipping boxes. Something they are very good at.

I'm with you in that I don't really care what the numbers are. As long as I'm having fun, I'm going to keep playing. It doesn't matter if the game has 220 servers or 2 or if it has 5 millions subscribers or 5000; if it's engaging to me, I'm willing to keep paying.

the amount of subs it has does matter to me, because this game with 5000 subs will be the exact same game it is now with the same instances, same gear and same crappy space flight on rails until it finaly gets the plug pulled.

If its not pretty successful they wont have many content updates and if its not really successful it will have no updates or expansions with the quality voice over quests it has now.

There's nothing innovative about that game...

Then you know nothing about the game. No classes, no levels, 535+ skills and you can use all of them to make your builds. Not saying its going to be a great game, personally I like class and levels, but to say it has nothing innovated is wrong.

35 - light

52 - standard

1 - heavy

2 - full

Those numbers actually don't look that bad. I had no idea there were that many Euro servers though, wow. They really need to merge.

Do you have any idea the tiny fraction of people who purchased six months subs?

They did a seminar about this a couple years back at GDC.......less than .5% Three months subs are the most common with around 5% of MMO players purchasing those.

So the six month subbers aren't even enough to count I would wager; the vast majority of subscribers go month to month or sixty day game cards.

I just so happen to be a six-monther, but let me see if I'm doing this math correctly.

6 month sub - .5%

3 month sub - 5%

9 month sub - ?? (less than 5%)

12 month sub - ?? (less than 5%)

Longer sub - ?? (less than 5%)

1 month sub - at least 79.5%. First, that would be the most common, not 3 month subscribers. Second, that means it's possible to lose any portion of your 80% of subscribers in any given month. That does not bode well for anyone.

It's actually made by Funcom, EA has nothing to do with development. EA is just distributing the game here in the States.

and its funny he said that about ea,yet he forgets how much of a epic failure funcoms mmo called age of conan was

4th quarter fiscal results? Are you people stock brokers or gamers? :rolleyes:

What do you mean 'or'? You realize they're not mutually exclusive, right?

It's like the scene in Family Guy:

"Mr Griffin, which of the following two phrases best describes Brian Griffin: Problem Drinker or African-American Haberdasher?

Peter: Uh, do I-I guess problem drinker, but that's uh-

Lawyer: Thank-you. Now: Sexual deviant or magic picture that if you stare at it long enough, you see something?

Peter: Well, sexual deviant, but that other one's not even, eh-

Lawyer: Thank-you"

Edited by Festeezio

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.