EA to Release Fourth Quarter Fiscal Year 2012 Results on May 7, 2012

BCBull

This response is not to poke hole in TOR at all. I’m a fan first critic second

Whatever the number will be it will be highly inflated. Who ever EA has managing their books is like a magician, they make you think the illusion is real.

The magic trick...

EA came out stating they had 9.3 million registered users on EA Origins after launch… That number makes you go holy s@#$ right?!? 9.3 million people registered for origin after launch!!!:eek:

Now for the illusion:D

What you didn’t see was what my left hand was doing…

If you bought any sims product (from steam or hardcopy) and redeem any of free credits from your game purchase to get free stuff from the sims store, your now a registered EA origins user.

If you purchased any DLC for games like Mass effect and dragon age on consol or PC or redeeming any pre-purchased promotions, you need to redeem your code online through EA and guess what your now a registered EA origins user

If registered any of your hardcopy games your now a registered origins user….

These are a few tricks EA uses to inflate there registered Origins numbers:cool:

Its Pretty sweet magic right? :DCause my concurrent users and user's come back and make purchases from my store is a lot lower then I'm making it out to be

Edited by Ensquire

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wrong,

u dont get his point,

if there were 1.7 PCs,

it wont be so many dead servers,

and PCs wont reroll on few servers,

if swtor is as health as Jan 2012,

u wont see so many problems.

You're assessment is based in faulty logic. 1.7 million active subscriptions does not mean 1.7 players in the game at peak hours. It does not mean the players that are in game at any given time are spread out across all server evenly; while the majority of servers are relatively dead, there is the Fatman, a handful of others that are fairly close to the cap, and a couple dozen more with strong, active, and sustainable communities at all hours of the day. This group of active servers accounts for the majority of the subscriber presence within the game.

This response is not to poke hole in TOR at all. I’m a fan first critic second

Whatever the number will be it will be highly inflated. Who ever EA has managing their books is like a magician, they make you think the illusion is real.

The magic trick…

EA came out stating they had 9.3 million registered users on EA Origins after launch… That number makes you go holy s@#$ right?!? 9.3 million people registered for origin after launch!!!:eek:

Now for the illusion:D

What you didn’t see was what my left hand was doing…

If you bought any sims product (from steam or hardcopy) and redeem any of free credits from your game purchase to get free stuff from the sims store, your now a registered EA origins user.

If you purchased any DLC for games like Mass effect and dragon age on consol or PC or redeeming any pre-purchased promotions, you need to redeem your code online through EA and guess what your now a registered EA origins user

If registered any of your hardcopy games your now a registered origins user….

These are a few tricks EA uses to inflate there registered Origins numbers:cool:

Its Pretty sweet magic right? :DCause my concurrent users and user's come back and make purchases from my store is a lot lower then I'm making it out to be

Hyperbole, it's what's for dinner.

:rolleyes:

Activision/Blizzard stock prices are 12.36 it's called a bad economy

OMGZORZ WoW she is a doomed!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

The bad economy has been going on for a while, the stock price has plumetted since November when it was at a high. Activision has dropped from just over $13 a share to just over $12 a share. EA stock has almost halved in the same time period. My point is only strengthed by you. If I was an AE shareholder I'd be pissed at hit of almost 50% when other game companies over the same period are taking around a 10% hit. That's not just a bad economy.

That's some pretty basic math there, the price per share is less important than the change in share price, but yeah focus on snapshot share price because that is what matters <rolls eyes>

Let me break it down for you even further. If you had $10,000 in both companies in November 2011 your EA would be worth ~$5,900 and your Activision would be worth ~$8,873

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure who took the bigger hit in stock value over the last 6 months, but yeah clearly you failed at simple math.

So then look at the overall picture, I dunno say the last 10 years. Acrtivision stock has it's ups and downs, including the crash in 2008, however, the overall trend is a steady increase in value of the 10 years. EA on the other hand had a spike from 2003 to 2008 then fell off a cliff from which stock prices have never recovered.

Let me break this down for you even more. Say in 2001 you had invested 10k in both companies EA stock would be worth around $5600 versus Activision being worth around $38,000

But yeah I guess ultimate price is the key indicator in your snapshot world right?

http://investor.activision.com/stockquote.cfm

The bad economy has been going on for a while, the stock price has plumetted since November when it was at a high. Activision has dropped from just over $13 a share to just over $12 a share. EA stock has almost halved in the same time period. My point is only strengthed by you. If I was an AE shareholder I'd be pissed at hit of almost 50% when other game companies over the same period are taking around a 10% hit. That's not just a bad economy.

That's some pretty basic math there, the price per share is less important than the change in share price, but yeah focus on snapshot share price because that is what matters <rolls eyes>

Let me break it down for you even further. If you had $10,000 in both companies in November 2011 your EA would be worth ~$5,900 and your Activision would be worth ~$8,873

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure who took the bigger hit in stock value over the last 6 months, but yeah clearly you failed at simple math.

So then look at the overall picture, I dunno say the last 10 years. Acrtivision stock has it's ups and downs, including the crash in 2008, however, the overall trend is a steady increase in value of the 10 years. EA on the other hand had a spike from 2003 to 2008 then fell off a cliff from which stock prices have never recovered.

Let me break this down for you even more. Say in 2001 you had invested 10k in both companies EA stock would be worth around $5600 versus Activision being worth around $38,000

But yeah I guess ultimate price is the key indicator in your snapshot world right?

http://investor.activision.com/stockquote.cfm

It's also doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out an over inflated stock price coming back down to earth.

1.2-1.5 million subs.

Its not GW2 people should be worried about its MoP and Diablo 3.

Nope I think that folks who left WoW for TOR won't be back...no matter what Mikey says...I'm in the beta and seriousley can't play for more than ten minuets without wanting to stab my eyes out. I could never go back to World of Hipster after TOR.

I'm a huge D3 fan, but I will play that along with TOR rather than instead of.

Oh and As I pointed out back on the first page Daniel Erickson said just today that subs haven't dropped, so they are still 1.7 mil.

Edited by Jett-Rinn

1.2-1.5 million subs.

Its not GW2 people should be worried about its MoP and Diablo 3.

MoP, GW2 and terra will be heavily dependent on the Asian markets where as TOR and EA really haven't penetrated that market as much as they wanted to

But if things go like you say they will :D EA will be begging Valve to put their games back on their store, A kodak moment in gaming industry history

Edited by Ensquire

MoP, GW2 and terra will be heavily dependent on the Asian markets where as TOR and EA really haven't penetrated that market as much as they wanted to

But if things go like you say they will :D EA will be begging Valve to put their games back on their store, A kodak moment in gaming industry history

Will never happen.

But I do agree with you GW2's main sub base will be in Asia and Germany.

Heh few weeks ago GW2 was " OMG it cant com fast enough" now its already failed?

Of course not...it's just that beta has brought many people back to earth..they now know it isn't the messiah, like I said they will have about a half mil in sales that isn't too shabby I also expect the sales to grow slowly just like GW1 did.

Edited by Jett-Rinn

Will never happen.

But I do agree with you GW2's main sub base will be in Asia and Germany.

If there numbers fall and subscription drop off the map i expect TOR not to be Origins exclusive anymore, if you could grab just fifteen percent of steam concurrent users that puts you in the ball park of six hundred thousand purchases, after steam takes its cut i think that equals around 24mil in profit :eek: but wait there more, after sub's come in you've now brought that number up to hundred and twenty mill a year minimum :D believe me you can't say no to that. But before any of that happens people who's vision was to make this game exclusive to origins will be fired :D

Edited by Ensquire

I was planning on staying for the free month but I'm cancelling before this billing cycle closes. If they want to give me the free time without charging me they can but my server is dead and this is my 2nd 50 and 2nd server so Eff that.

You were one the people who originally was defending the game.

If there numbers fall and subscription drop off the map i expect TOR not to be Origins exclusive anymore, if you could grab just fifteen percent of steam concurrent users that puts you in the ball park of six hundred thousand purchases, after steam takes its cut i think that equals around 24mil in profit :eek: but wait there more, after sub's come in you've now brought that number up to hundred and twenty mill a year minimum :D believe me you can't say no to that. But before any of that happens people who's vision was to make this game exclusive to origins will be fired :D

If

The subs haven't dropped yet and I think it will take a lot more than TOR losing subs to make Origins fail

If

The subs haven't dropped yet and I think it will take a lot more than TOR losing subs to make Origins fail

While I'll agree with your general anti-doom-saying sentiment, you do realize that they could say subscriptions have remained at 1.7 million, but subscriptions could still have dropped, right?

Anything from 1,799,999 to 1,700,001 can be considered 1.7 million. If you don't think they're doing some fancy footwork when they toss that number around...

The reality is the number have had to change, but they're being extremely clever by using general figures.

If

I already think Origins is an Epic Fail (my opinion of course and that's not cannon) :cool:

Origins won't fail, because EA financially is brought up by their console sales so they can take it in the rear from there pc end all they want. But when Sim City comes out Origins exclusive someones going to point out maxis other franchise (the sims, which is heavily the pc gravy train for EA) and see the sale where higher because of the cross digital distribution, someones going to get fired or let go

Edited by Ensquire

Who's talking about WoW? When you resort to ad hominem, you lose credibility in the discussion.

Chill,

I was merely pointing out that stagnation in subs isn't necessarily a bad thing and that it's happened before to very successful MMO's.

Chill,

I was merely pointing out that stagnation in subs isn't necessarily a bad thing and that it's happened before to very successful MMO's.

Sure, but to dismiss that it might be an indication of something not so great is silly.