Strip all Mods from gear without cost option.

Zerogates

Can we have an option to strip all the mods out of a piece of armor without cost, but in exchange the piece of armor we stripped could be destroyed. I have no idea why players must be charged crazy amounts of credits at high levels to remove our mods from our armor, but surely this would be acceptable?

That means transferring mods from one piece of armor to one of those empty pieces of armor would cost nothing, rather than something around 150-200k credits per piece.

its 111k per item to remove all its mods, 148k per weapon. or 703 k for a full suit of armor and 1 weapon. its exhorbitive. not counting the cost of the presumed augment armor + augments, which i think would count as a pretty significant cost penalty in and of itself to warrant reducing the mod removal price. Edited by goulet

The suggestion I would offer is to keep the price high to remove items from your gear. I say we use this to take advantage of Mod Stations. Keep it expensive to do when out in the field. Make the cost significantly reduced if your using a mod station. Since you currently don't need a station to do modify your gear they seem like a pointless feature.

Lets bring some life back into them and make them worth using.

Can we have an option to strip all the mods out of a piece of armor without cost, but in exchange the piece of armor we stripped could be destroyed. I have no idea why players must be charged crazy amounts of credits at high levels to remove our mods from our armor, but surely this would be acceptable?

That means transferring mods from one piece of armor to one of those empty pieces of armor would cost nothing, rather than something around 150-200k credits per piece.

/agree

The amount of Credit syncs in the game out weigh the credit earning potential by a tremendous amount. People

(by people i mean, players that can play 10-12 hours a day) always go on about doing dailies and playing the GTN, unfortunately that option is not viable for casual players, who want to have some fun, get some gear and move there stuff that they have already earned or made, into different parts of there set-up.

Personally I couldnt give a **** if some guy on a server has 200 million, there is only so much you can buy in the game and punishing players who don't have the time to sit on the GTN all day, or complete dailies as part of there 12 hours daily gaming session is a bit ****.

Personally im a bit of a bum atm, have the time to get as many credits as i like. But im not harsh, or narrow minded enough to see how it affects players, we have many in our guild who cant often afford to train skills or buy speeders. There are no great ways to earn good credits in this game unless you have a lot of time on your hands....

This is an MMO....Not a Job. Please devs, stopping treating players like they have all the credits in the world....By your own admission and Graphs at guild summit you announced that 83% of the players in swtor had less than 400k....LOL. and most Mods/Enhancements/Armourings from HM OPS are selling for 250-400k....That means 83% of your community can just about afford 1 Mod. :mad:

To top it off you add the first stage of legacy with purchasable add ons that top in there entirety....17.5million credits if you have unlocked the majority via social / level / or companions. 27 million if you just purchased everything.

By your own estimates and figures, that means your average player could buy all the Legacy perks by Summer 2014, based on the averages you posted for a game that launched 4 months ago.

Edited by Nippon

/agree

The amount of Credit syncs in the game out weigh the credit earning potential by a tremendous amount. People

(by people i mean, players that can play 10-12 hours a day) always go on about doing dailies and playing the GTN, unfortunately that option is not viable for casual players, who want to have some fun, get some gear and move there stuff that they have already earned or made, into different parts of there set-up.

Personally I couldnt give a **** if some guy on a server has 200 million, there is only so much you can buy in the game and punishing players who don't have the time to sit on the GTN all day, or complete dailies as part of there 12 hours daily gaming session is a bit ****.

Personally im a bit of a bum atm, have the time to get as many credits as i like. But im not harsh, or narrow minded enough to see how it affects players, we have many in our guild who cant often afford to train skills or buy speeders. There are no great ways to earn good credits in this game unless you have a lot of time on your hands....

This is an MMO....Not a Job. Please devs, stopping treating players like they have all the credits in the world....~By your own admission and Graphs at guild summit you announced that 83% of the players in swtor had less than 400k....You then make something like the GTN (neutral) ship add-on via legacy, 5million credits.....LOL. and most Mods/Enhancements/Armourings from HM OPS are selling for 250-400k....

That means 83% of your community can just about afford 1 Mod. :mad:

thats so much of an exaggeration it borders on a blatant lie. i spend less than an hour a day "earning" credits and still come in at roughly 1m. there is plenty you can do, even as a casual, to create tremendous amounts of currency. learn a few tricks instead of begging for handouts and you may be better off.

thats so much of an exaggeration it borders on a blatant lie. i spend less than an hour a day "earning" credits and still come in at roughly 1m. there is plenty you can do, even as a casual, to create tremendous amounts of currency. learn a few tricks instead of begging for handouts and you may be better off.

LOL

Ok then, if you can earn 1 million creds in 1 hour from playing il eat my hat. Ive played this game from Beta to present, on average 4-9 hours a day, and there is no way in the game, by simply playing and questing, or even SOLID grinding, to earn 1 million credits an hour consistently...

Your talking out of your arse my friend.

The absolute max ive ever heard of anybody earning in 1 hour is 300-500k, from flat out grinding, and that option was removed from game. Believe me there is nothing you can teach me about making creds in game...

I dont have an issue, but see a lot that do. Try actually reading what i wrote.

BTW here is the link to the Graphs submitted by Bioware and there actual analysis of what level 50 players have in there banks based on FACTS...

goto abouit 2:55, and you will see what players have. 1million an hour ROFL. Biowares ACTUAL REAL stats show that less than 5% of the community has over 1.5 million per character. Edited by Nippon

I was going to suggest makeing it impossable to remove them, but maybe make them cheaper to produce. That way the economy keeps moveing.

Customers have been trying so hard to get them to let us transfer pvp or other end game more to outfits we like, and in one post you seek to undo everything... Lol.

LOL

Ok then, if you can earn 1 million creds in 1 hour from playing il eat my hat. Ive played this game from Beta to present, on average 4-9 hours a day, and there is no way in the game, by simply playing and questing, or even SOLID grinding, to earn 1 million credits an hour consistently...

Your talking out of your arse my friend.

The absolute max ive ever heard of anybody earning in 1 hour is 300-500k, from flat out grinding, and that option was removed from game. Believe me there is nothing you can teach me about making creds in game...

I dont have an issue, but see a lot that do. Try actually reading what i wrote.

BTW here is the link to the Graphs submitted by Bioware and there actual analysis of what level 50 players have in there banks based on FACTS...

goto abouit 2:55, and you will see what players have. 1million an hour ROFL. Biowares ACTUAL REAL stats show that less than 5% of the community has over 1.5 million per character.

ive seen that, and i also understand how it actually effects the economy and how it actually works. i know that i personally dont keep more than 1-2 million liquid between my toons, since most of it is tied up in actual items. its all about margin.

and for one telling ME to read what you wrote perhaps you should actually READ what i wrote. there is a reason i used quotes. in an hour of only working towards making credits, ie playing gtn/running dailies (heres a hint, dont run all of them its neither time not monetarily efficient) you can make plenty to cover basic costs. i generally play 3-4 hours per day, and rarely actually play solely to make money. perhaps 4 hours or so per week i actually spend on things like dailies, or hardcore scanning the gtn for deals. the very old axim that it takes money to make money, is incredibly true. also, spreading your investments around in several markets will also lead you to a much better pay out over time than the quick money grab.

I have spent hundreds of thousands of credits more on moving mods than I ever spend on repairs.

Allow players to pay to strip the mods anywhere, or use those silly "mod stations" to remove mods at no cost. that would finally give the mod stations a use.

You could still add a goldsink for de-modding by adding a mod station as a legacy purchase for your ship.

The suggestion I would offer is to keep the price high to remove items from your gear. I say we use this to take advantage of Mod Stations. Keep it expensive to do when out in the field. Make the cost significantly reduced if your using a mod station. Since you currently don't need a station to do modify your gear they seem like a pointless feature.

Lets bring some life back into them and make them worth using.

/signed !

I have been campaigning for making mod stations purposeful since day 1, they currently serve no purpose whatsoever, so lets make it a function that makes people actually think about finding a mod station and actually seeing players grouping together at the mod station to change their mods.

I suggest that there is still a cost to remove the mods at all times but maybe at a mod station the cost is cut by 50% or something like that compared to the cost of removing in the field.

I was also thinking that by using the mod station to put mods in that you could also get mats / creds back in return for the mod that is being destroyed also to make it more of an incentive to go to a mod station.

I am just going to say, that I think the armoring should cost.. After all it does the most to the item.. It sets level and carries set bonuses in the new stuff.. The set bonus thing I am not sure on.. But that is what I heard..

But the mods, enhancements, and augments should all be free to remove..

For weapons it would be hilts or barrels that cost and every thing else is free..

While I support your suggestion, it would be best to post this in the suggestion box instead of the general forum.

I assumed there was one but totally missed it :p Seems it got warped there and I know where it is now anyways.

How often are you swapping out gear?

I am wanting to make 3 special sets of armor for my assassin, 2 PVP sets and 1 PVE set. Those require changing all mods on the armor. My sniper needs most of a set rebuilt, which is just the enhancements/mods. My mercenary is also going to need 1 PVP and 1 PVE set built, and the PVP set would require all the mods moved as well.

What I am wanting to do would cost a tremendous amount of credits, and I do not believe the reason bioware would have for placing this cost on me is justified. If it is supposed to be a credit sink well that is an ignorant way to do so in my case because the only reason I would farm the credits would be to sink them in this manner to begin with.

Would rather spend my time PVPing and occasionally doing an operation with my guild, not so much massive PVE farming and tradeskilling for profit.

Im never broke.Ill repeat that , im never broke.You can make credits with space missions, ground missions and pvp.I like the credit sinks.i can make 100 to 400k a day if im really on the ball.Minimum 100k if im lazy.

/disagree with this idea

Im never broke.Ill repeat that , im never broke.You can make credits with space missions, ground missions and pvp.I like the credit sinks.i can make 100 to 400k a day if im really on the ball.Minimum 100k if im lazy.

/disagree with this idea

It's not about being broke or not, it's about forcing me to do content I have no interest in just to afford to modify armor I already own. If I already own two pieces of armor, which I have put effort into acquiring both pieces of armor, then why make it even more difficult for me to simply combine those pieces of armor?

You can like credit sinks but you have not actually argued against this suggestion, which is making people pay more when they end up with less in the end.