Curious if Bioware is getting rid of PvP...?

DarkHelsing

You get stunned when you are running , get knocked out of stealth also when you are attempting to transform (or explode if you wait long enough) in WZ's just like if you are sitting in fleet, I've exploded from it also (not exploded from dying to a player, just from the disease) so you do not know what you are talking about, it does wreck pvp, and its not just oh I'll use x to get rid of it, you die, gets rid of that, and then you kill someone in pvp and it spreads back to you again and again and again.

But I do agree with the OP, bugs during WZ's just getting worse, exploits that are not being fixed or simply ignored, performance is the worst in WZ's when its not an issue in PvE, balance is TERRIBLE and yes worse than beta and on release, I've unsubbed, and if its not fixed before the free month is over then I'm out, not paying for a game like this that's for sure, specially since I'm in it only to PVP.

Ok, least I'm not insane and on the only one this has happened to.

I have to assume that the rest of the flames are from people that are either bored, or have no idea what I am addressing.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^

Just thought I'd quote myself, as attempting to give reasonable, polite feedback to your question seems to have gotten lost among the name calling and bickering. My apoligies for doing so.

May I also point out, that a raid can take hours, even days to organize and schedule, where as in Pvp you can solo queue and potentially be earning some reward, even if it's a loss for 70-80 comms?

I don't believe Bioware is purposefully trying to ditch pvp, or that the content/rewards is lopsided towards Pve. just my thoughts.

I am about to respond, was dealing with the flamers first so I could have a discussion with you.

Oh wait... hang on. You weren't stating a bug or something, you were stating they had a PvP based WZ event?

Yup, missed it. So I digress on that part of the issue, knock item #562 off the list.

WZs aren't the only place to PvP, try flying off fleet and going to the open world. Why does everything have to give a reward other then the satisfaction of smashing another player.

Why are you so negative? This event, incorporated a PvP aspect that events typically don't do, there was even a PvP vendor reward! I think they did a great job to incorporate pvp players and have them engage in world pvp. You could essentially control the world event area. Control is power, power is fun.

They are definitely not getting rid of pvp, though there have been minor setbacks. As for the rakghoul event, (which has increased world pvp on pvp servers, It is unfortunate you've been effected like this, I've never had a real issue, and as someone else mentioned, there is a cure. It's 2k, (kinda sucks) but if it's really an issue, then the cure is worth it.

I’m surprised you stated world pvp went up. I’m on two different PvP servers and both are dead when it comes to world PvP. All the Flash Points are accessible via safe zones, and only random ones and twos stuff happens while class questing. I cannot comment on every server, which is why I get curious about questions like these, because I can only go off from what is reflected on the two servers I play and from what is complained about on these boards.

The 2k thing, it is lame, considering that’s pretty much all you get from a lost WZ.

I don't believe 8 man queueing is possible yet, so the only premades are 4 premades + 4 pugs, or if lucky, 2 premades that work well together hitting the same match. Those 4 pugs lose matches for premades... constantly. It's annoying.

We can 6 man Que, so I doubt it stops there. So that’s either an educated guess, or an ignorant guess depending on how much of a troll one is.

As for your other statement. A raid (played well) takes about 2 hours at least, and has 4-5 bosses. Each boss drops maybe 4 pieces of gear. That's 20 pieces divided by 8 (assuming an 8 man raid), or 2.5 pieces per person. However, just because it drops something, doesn't mean it's for you, or useful, or that it will go to you. I've done raids where I received nothing, and some raids I made out with 2 pieces. For atleast 2hrs work, assuming no wipes and decent clearing.

I’ve never had a raid that didn’t yield something for everyone. Be it a crafting mat, or a schematic, or a weapon, or a piece of armor, or a relic. I could be just have a stupid lucky group when it comes to raids, or perhaps that’s why we do masterloot so everyone gets something. But that aside, 2 hours or raiding versus 2 hours of WZ… 2 hours of WZ might yield an average of 800-900 coms. It takes 3000 WZ coms just to get 1000 WH, and the cheapest item is 1250 WH (and that’s only if you take into account that you already have the BM version, because you need the BM version as well). Do the math on that, on how many hours it would take to get the cheapest piece of gear. It’s horrible imo.

A win in a warzone (like playing well in a raid) is about 120 comms or more, and It is not unreasonable to receive 3-4 matches an hour. (Huttball is the longest, but must be won early for best reards.) That's 6-8 games, or 720-960 comms + your daily 99 comms. Should be about enough to buy a guaranteed useful piece of gear.

(And correct me if I'm wrong, doesn't an Operation lock out upon completion until the next week?)

I pretty much answered this above.

Edited by DarkHelsing

I’m surprised you stated world pvp went up. I’m on two different PvP servers and both are dead when it comes to world PvP. All the Flash Points are accessible via safe zones, and only random ones and twos stuff happens while class questing. I cannot comment on every server, which is why I get curious about questions like these, because I can only go off from what is reflected on the two servers I play and from what is complained about on these boards.

The 2k thing, it is lame, considering that’s pretty much all you get from a lost WZ..

The event area itself became a live pvp zone on pvp servers, atleast for the first few days. Even on pve servers, I heard a few compliants (don't ask why they were pvp' flagged, I asked that myself) of people being attacked during the event by the other faction. Whether or not this succeeded, I believe this was an attempt on BW's end for some form of world pvp.

We can 6 man Que, so I doubt it stops there. So that’s either an educated guess, or an ignorant guess depending on how much of a troll one is.

I'll admit, I might have been wrong. I remember hearing much complaining that 8 man queue's not being added, and this may have changed. My apologies. However, the addition of an 8 man queue option is another example of BW's attempt to increase pvp appeal, it has unfortunately resulted in PuG's needing to form their own premades.

I’ve never had a raid that didn’t yield something for everyone. Be it a crafting mat, or a schematic, or a weapon, or a piece of armor, or a relic. I could be just have a stupid lucky group when it comes to raids, or perhaps that’s why we do masterloot so everyone gets something. But that aside, 2 hours or raiding versus 2 hours of WZ… 2 hours of WZ might yield an average of 800-900 coms. It takes 3000 WZ coms just to get 1000 WH, and the cheapest item is 1250 WH (and that’s only if you take into account that you already have the BM version, because you need the BM version as well). Do the math on that, on how many hours it would take to get the cheapest piece of gear. It’s horrible imo.

I thought we were only refering to ready to use gear, as those are generally the most desirable and have the most effect on your character via stats, increased hp, damage, etc... But that isn't too important.

It would help, and I apologize for not knowing at the moment, if someone could confirm the weekly operations lock out per operation upon completion, as I'm fairly certian this is the case. I will also mention that the higher teir operations for Rakata gear take longer and have a much higher chance of failure.

1250 WH (cheapest piece, but only one I have confirmed.)

1250 x 3 = 3750 comms (1:3 ratio)

3750/120 = 31.25 games (120 comms per game, a fair average for a 'decent' player.)

31.25/4= 7.8 hours (4 games per hour)

8 hours of pvp for one piece, excluding the BM piece requirement (Since to do a Nightmare/HM Op, you can't seriously try it without atleast some pieces of tier 2 pve.) I would also note this calculation does not factor in daily or weekly comms, which may add another 198 to 792 comms weekly.

Compared to a raid, 2-4 hours of actual game play work without guarantee of a useable, tier 3 piece, maximum 3 raids a week, assuming you can find, organize, and run all 3 in that week.

Personally, I don't like the odds on either of them, but they are not entirely skewed in either direction, when raid organization and scheduling are factored.)

The event area itself became a live pvp zone on pvp servers, atleast for the first few days. Even on pve servers, I heard a few compliants (don't ask why they were pvp' flagged, I asked that myself) of people being attacked during the event by the other faction. Whether or not this succeeded, I believe this was an attempt on BW's end for some form of world pvp.

I'll admit, I might have been wrong. I remember hearing much complaining that 8 man queue's not being added, and this may have changed. My apologies. However, the addition of an 8 man queue option is another example of BW's attempt to increase pvp appeal, it has unfortunately resulted in PuG's needing to form their own premades.

I thought we were only refering to ready to use gear, as those are generally the most desirable and have the most effect on your character via stats, increased hp, damage, etc... But that isn't too important.

It would help, and I apologize for not knowing at the moment, if someone could confirm the weekly operations lock out per operation upon completion, as I'm fairly certian this is the case. I will also mention that the higher teir operations for Rakata gear take longer and have a much higher chance of failure.

1250 WH (cheapest piece, but only one I have confirmed.)

1250 x 3 = 3750 comms (1:3 ratio)

3750/120 = 31.25 games (120 comms per game, a fair average for a 'decent' player.)

31.25/4= 7.8 hours (4 games per hour)

8 hours of pvp for one piece, excluding the BM piece requirement (Since to do a Nightmare/HM Op, you can't seriously try it without atleast some pieces of tier 2 pve.) I would also note this calculation does not factor in daily or weekly comms, which may add another 198 to 792 comms weekly.

Compared to a raid, 2-4 hours of actual game play work without guarantee of a useable, tier 3 piece, maximum 3 raids a week, assuming you can find, organize, and run all 3 in that week.

Personally, I don't like the odds on either of them, but they are not entirely skewed in either direction, when raid organization and scheduling are factored.)

Good response, but the math you present is way to prefect. Factor in que times of 10-30 minutes inbetween matches, or getting stomped by premades of Patch 1.2 buffed classes and walking away with 90 coms. So bring the average com earnings down to 100-110, and jump the time up from anywhere between x2 to x4. Now add into the equation a WZ you can't stand, at least during the raid process you get to pick a raid you like to do.

Now, expanding the equation; here's the pricing list:

3200 top tier tokens + 1 equal BM piece = top Tier Chest

2225 top tier tokens + 1 equal BM piece = top Tier Legs

2425 top tier tokens + 1 equal BM piece = top Tier Head

2000 top tier tokens + 1 equal BM piece = top Tier Gloves

2000 top tier tokens + 1 equal BM piece = top Tier Boots

1425 top tier tokens + 1 equal BM piece = top Tier Belt

1250 top tier tokens + 1 equal BM piece = top Tier Bracer

3475 top tier tokens + 1 equal BM piece = top Tier Off Weapon

3475 top tier tokens + 1 equal BM piece = top Tier Main Weapon

1425 top tier tokens + 200 WZ tokens = top Tier Ear

1425 top tier tokens + 200 WZ tokens = top Tier Implant

1250 top tier tokens + 200 WZ tokens = top Tier Relic

Only one item on that list is 1250, the relic is stupid close so I'll go ahead and say 3 items. That's it. The rest only further blow out the time required to farm them. It's disgusting now matter how you look at it, and that's why ques are super long, people quit if they even remotely feel they might lose, and other players are unsubbing... prior to patch 1.2, goals appeared to be much more reachable, which in turn meant for people that were excited to play and wanted to keep playing, win or lose, which had lower que times, which meant even more games could be played. Now it's just a mess. Class balance out of whack, the que system has no logic behind it at all, the purchase system is daunting to even look at, and they keep pushing things like Expertise to further divide something that needs no division. It's sad.

Edited by DarkHelsing

I PvP, mostly in a solo fashion and I love 1.2. The games are fast, the rewards are good, and I am having a good time.

The sarcastic title is completely unecessary and reeks of typical nerd rage. Try having a reasonable discussion next time.

The sarcastic title is completely unecessary and reeks of typical nerd rage. Try having a reasonable discussion next time.

No more than your response, least I'm trying to discus it, not throw out insults to posters because you feel their view is inferior to yours and thus you must be right and thus you must have a better point by default without any more explanation other than insulting the other person for not being you.

Thanks for the bump.

Edited by DarkHelsing

You will probably get banned for spreading misinformation. I hope you feel it was worth it to fool the two people you tricked.

The only effect the event has is if you are infected and die while in a feverish state you will blow up and infect others you splatter over. You can also die from the disease if you're in feverish state too long without dying. It takes roughly an hour, I've died a grand total of one time from being feverish as I managed to go 4 straight warzones without a single death. The chances of you doing that is very rare, you'd have to be a healer and probably on a premade, and you'd have to manage to avoid getting focused or chain cc'ed to death.

In open world PVP yes maybe you keel over from the disease. Haven't had that happen to me personally but I can take your word for it. But definitely not in warzones, which you claim it stopped you from capping a node at, which is just impossible.

Actually you also spontaneously convulse from time to time and are unable to do anything.

I went an entire match without dieing until the damn disease killed me... I wanted to throw my keyboard out of the window.

Yes the grind is huge for WH stuff. But it's supposed to be, while people are grinding most other players will be in BM gear since it's easier to get. So you'll have a somewhat even playing field for a longer time. I said somewhat because you will have players grabbing WH stuff from time to time and powering up in small increments.

This also helps low pop servers where one faction dominates the other. If it were any other way the dominate faction would be in WH gear in like a week and would get weeks of gear advantages until the smaller populated faction geared up.

It also has the added bonus of making the acquisition of even one piece much more meaningful. You even have a micro tier for BM and WH gear in crit crafted versions. So yeah the grind is long but I'd rather that than just give everything up on a silver platter.

No more than your response, least I'm trying to discus it, not throw out insults to posters because you feel their view is inferior to yours and thus you must be right and thus you must have a better point by default without any more explanation other than insulting the other person for not being you.

Thanks for the bump.

Why the sarcastic title? I'd love to hear it.

And please tell me why I am not allowed to have a good time in 1.2.

Edited by Arkerus

The Rkghoul event promoted Open World PVP, if you missed it sorry about your bad luck, it was a ton of fun and I had some good fights with pubs I usually only see in WZ's. Not to mention it was nice to use Call on the Force and have my companion whooping *** in pvp, but whatever.......continue the QQ

The Rkghoul event promoted Open World PVP, if you missed it sorry about your bad luck, it was a ton of fun and I had some good fights with pubs I usually only see in WZ's. Not to mention it was nice to use Call on the Force and have my companion whooping *** in pvp, but whatever.......continue the QQ

Yeah, promoted maybe, taking place nope. But hey, what's everyone say that can't discuss a point "just re-roll on a server that is populated"... so yeah, thanks for the bump.

You will probably get banned for spreading misinformation. I hope you feel it was worth it to fool the two people you tricked.

The only effect the event has is if you are infected and die while in a feverish state you will blow up and infect others you splatter over. You can also die from the disease if you're in feverish state too long without dying. It takes roughly an hour, I've died a grand total of one time from being feverish as I managed to go 4 straight warzones without a single death. The chances of you doing that is very rare, you'd have to be a healer and probably on a premade, and you'd have to manage to avoid getting focused or chain cc'ed to death.

In open world PVP yes maybe you keel over from the disease. Haven't had that happen to me personally but I can take your word for it. But definitely not in warzones, which you claim it stopped you from capping a node at, which is just impossible.

I watched our balll carrier in huttball DIE from the plague. This game's biggest mistake is not taking PVP seriously. The POINT pf an MMO is to PLAY with other people, MMOS are NOT single player. It's time to grow up and accept what the consumer base wants.

The sky is falling... a one week event has inconvenienced some people, oh noes!

No no, nothing like that, it's just one more thing to add the to straws on the camels back... I'm curious if they are trying to get it to break on purpose.

Edited by DarkHelsing

Yeah, promoted maybe, taking place nope. But hey, what's everyone say that can't discuss a point "just re-roll on a server that is populated"... so yeah, thanks for the bump.

Damn, sorry again about your luck. Any time I went to the event area on Tatt, I had some good fights. Griefed a guy for awhile, got jumped a couple times, jumped a couple people, and had a bunch of good one on one fights. Also got a nice green/black saber with 41 expertise.

That being said, I agree that the pvp on this game is a total afterthought for a variety of reasons and has been a huge disappointment for me. I just thought the Rakghoul event was a pvp bright spot for me on the game for a change. See you on the GW2 beta!

Damn, sorry again about your luck. Any time I went to the event area on Tatt, I had some good fights. Griefed a guy for awhile, got jumped a couple times, jumped a couple people, and had a bunch of good one on one fights. Also got a nice green/black saber with 41 expertise.

That being said, I agree that the pvp on this game is a total afterthought for a variety of reasons and has been a huge disappointment for me. I just thought the Rakghoul event was a pvp bright spot for me on the game for a change.

The PvP server my main is on, I get reemed if I kill someone in Ilum (prior patch 1.2 when you had to collect those things), all because server PvP is SO dead that when someone dies to it, it's a big deal.

See you on the GW2 beta!

Theif! Just not sure what race yet.

Edited by DarkHelsing