Rate the Inquisitor storyline 1-10

ncupton

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I give it a 7 or an 8. It isn't a literary masterpiece or anything, but as far as storylines in video games go...I thought it was excellent. It is entertaining and I don't have a problem with the various "collections" you had to acquire like so many people do.

I would give it an 8 or so.

I have played Agent and Warrior to 50, and have enjoyed Inquisitor the most.

Yes it is unsurprising and the plot twists are obvious, but I like the fact that there is no grand conspiracy to foil or ideal to save - nothing but increasing your own personal power.

I like having a storty that is nothing but one naked power grab after the other. Crushing my enemies underfoot as I go from slave to supreme power is extremely satisfying.

I enjoyed myself, but looking back, it needs quite a bit of work to make it a 9 or a 10

I'm leveling an operative right now, and I'm loving it way more right now compared to how I felt at the same level on my sorc (20s). Being Space James Bond is so bada**.

The best parts of the sorc storyline for me were the Khem Val bits. Every time I'd ask him to eat someone brought a smile to my face, and it really was hard for me to

choose between Khem Val or Zash in the end.

Edited by Beslley

Maybe I was expecting too much, but the whole 'Force Ghost' thing seemed a bit ridiculous. Not to mention the title attained at the end, which I felt was a bit ludicrous as well, especially from an RP standpoint. I mean come on, everyone can't be a Dark Council member. I'd probably give it a five or six.

I would give it a 5

I was disappointed by the lack of political intrigue and the ghost buster/possession was a rather lame filler. I wanted a story that took a slave and climb the ladder of power, not a slave ghost buster. The last act was pathetic with Thanaton calling you out because of some slight and it turned into an overt war on Corellia which was something that I thought Inquisitors didn't do. People will enjoy but I was disappointed in the end.

Edited by WTFMF
Spoilers

4/10

I have experience with every story (except Smuggler) at least up to Act 3, whether playing it or watching someone else because I was leveling with them. The Inquisitor storyline had some pretty good bits (end of Chapter 1, most of Corellia), but you really see how weak it is when you play other stories, or consider what lore mechanics suggest it should have been. It's not bad, per se, but it's certainly disappointing.

The whole idea of the class seems to be sort of a 'Sith scholar,' or someone who uses intrigue instead of brute force to accomplish their goals. Kind of like, uh, Emperor Palpatine, considering that the Sorc is pretty much constructed of things he did (except for the random Kamehameha). I was really excited to see how the story would play out.

Right off the bat, you do very little in the way of intrigue. Nearly all the quests are very transparently fetch-questy, or you trying to clean up your own stupid mess. You don't talk or 'seduce' your way into or out of any situations. Your method of persuasion is to zap people with Lightning (which is cool, but, y'know, probably not gonna get you elected anywhere except at a power company). Incidentally, the Sith Warrior gets far more options to persuade and negotiate with people, whether to bargain with them, or turn them to the dark side.

Speaking of dark side, smarter Sith are kind of trademarked by being able to turn weaker minds to the dark side. Emperor Palpatine did the crap out of that. Unless I missed something fabulously, you get to do that zero times. You can attempt it twice, and both attempts will backfire, because the person you thought you convinced was actually totally playing you (Nomar Organa, and Ashara Zavros). Compare this to the Sith Warrior, who can actually succeed in turning people at least as many times as the Inquisitor fails. Anyone you convince to your side is either someone you beat the unholy crap out of, or someone whose bacon you saved, which is...kind of the same as every class, and lots of regular quests. Why are we playing this again? Oh yeah, you can shoot lightning.

Power Base building. You don't. You run around hunting ghosts so you can use them to power your super ion cannon force lightning...or just be barely equal to Darth Thanaton, who as far as I know never used any of those methods, and was just a b-dass from the start. You aren't gaining power. At best, you're stealing it/borrowing it, and there is no intrigue involved at any point in that chapter. You hunt ghosts. You can make friends with one dude to help form a 'power base,' and then do one thing for him. Then you have to go and fix your mess because oops, body and mind are falling apart because apparently that's a thing that happens if you invite a bunch of ghosts into your head and then try to channel the power of the death star through your body. Who could have predicted that?

The climax at Corellia is pretty good, until Thanaton just randomly runs away, so you can fight in front of the Dark Council instead of where the fight was supposed to happen. Just smelled of artificial lengthening, which the class was already ripe with. Also, like someone else said, it was all very 'public' for a class supposedly based around secrecy and intrigue. But it was pretty good if you didn't think about that.

Then, hey, I'm a Dark Council member now, because there's a quota that has to be met at all times, and apparently tripping a member of the Dark Council and causing him to fall on a spike is grounds for promotion. Although the sequence itself is pretty cool, I never really felt like I earned it, because I never really felt like the Inquisitor did anything except accidentally not die a lot.

Overall...not one of the better stories.

Edited by Gnanika

4/10

I have experience with every story (except Smuggler) at least up to Act 3, whether playing it or watching someone else because I was leveling with them. The Inquisitor storyline had some pretty good bits (end of Chapter 1, most of Corellia), but you really see how weak it is when you play other stories, or consider what lore mechanics suggest it should have been. It's not bad, per se, but it's certainly disappointing.

The whole idea of the class seems to be sort of a 'Sith scholar,' or someone who uses intrigue instead of brute force to accomplish their goals. Kind of like, uh, Emperor Palpatine, considering that the Sorc is pretty much constructed of things he did (except for the random Kamehameha). I was really excited to see how the story would play out.

Right off the bat, you do very little in the way of intrigue. Nearly all the quests are very transparently fetch-questy, or you trying to clean up your own stupid mess. You don't talk or 'seduce' your way into or out of any situations. Your method of persuasion is to zap people with Lightning (which is cool, but, y'know, probably not gonna get you elected anywhere except at a power company). Incidentally, the Sith Warrior gets far more options to persuade and negotiate with people, whether to bargain with them, or turn them to the dark side.

Speaking of dark side, smarter Sith are kind of trademarked by being able to turn weaker minds to the dark side. Emperor Palpatine did the crap out of that. Unless I missed something fabulously, you get to do that zero times. You can attempt it twice, and both attempts will backfire, because the person you thought you convinced was actually totally playing you (Nomar Organa, and Ashara Zavros). Compare this to the Sith Warrior, who can actually succeed in turning people at least as many times as the Inquisitor fails. Anyone you convince to your side is either someone you beat the unholy crap out of, or someone whose bacon you saved, which is...kind of the same as every class, and lots of regular quests. Why are we playing this again? Oh yeah, you can shoot lightning.

Power Base building. You don't. You run around hunting ghosts so you can use them to power your super ion cannon force lightning...or just be barely equal to Darth Thanaton, who as far as I know never used any of those methods, and was just a b-dass from the start. You aren't gaining power. At best, you're stealing it/borrowing it, and there is no intrigue involved at any point in that chapter. You hunt ghosts. You can make friends with one dude to help form a 'power base,' and then do one thing for him. Then you have to go and fix your mess because oops, body and mind are falling apart because apparently that's a thing that happens if you invite a bunch of ghosts into your head and then try to channel the power of the death star through your body. Who could have predicted that?

The climax at Corellia is pretty good, until Thanaton just randomly runs away, so you can fight in front of the Dark Council instead of where the fight was supposed to happen. Just smelled of artificial lengthening, which the class was already ripe with. Also, like someone else said, it was all very 'public' for a class supposedly based around secrecy and intrigue. But it was pretty good if you didn't think about that.

Then, hey, I'm a Dark Council member now, because there's a quota that has to be met at all times, and apparently tripping a member of the Dark Council and causing him to fall on a spike is grounds for promotion. Although the sequence itself is pretty cool, I never really felt like I earned it, because I never really felt like the Inquisitor did anything except accidentally not die a lot.

Overall...not one of the better stories.

This is exactly what I thought when I finished the storyline.

I sat through the whole force ghost part thinking where's the political intrigue! I wanted to build a power base up, lurking in the shadows and bending people to my will, before unleashing my power on an unsuspecting rival.

I think, I would rather rate different parts of the story than the whole as one.

Korriban and the first Chapter (except the end) were very weak. I had a few ***-moments where I couldn't believe what just happened, including the situation where the SI gets his lightsaber

A gift that is thrown at me "take it, I don't need it anymore". Are you kidding me? A lightsaber must be taken from a dead hand or dug out of an ancient tomb!

I leveled with a friend and somewhere after Alderaan he started to mock me because I had to get a relic on every single planet! But after all, hes jealous of me because of the end of the SI-Story...

I will give it a 9/10. I actually really loved it. I certainly felt very involved in the main scheme of being a ****** Sith Lord. I loved the interaction with other NPC's which gave my character the impression of extreme dominance and superiority.

The storyline was just fun, powerful, and extremely involving.

Edited by Kotadiatu

The story is nothing special. The artifact then ghost collection is BS. And where the hell the SW lore previously stated that dark side entities can exist like ghosts??? With agent it took me some time before i realized who i am going to fight in the end game. With Inquisitor I knew it was thanaton as soon as I was lvl 16 when he talked to Zash.. Thanaton itself is one of the least interesting antagonists. Traditionalist you say? He is NOTHING compared to Darth Jadus, he is bland, boring and predictable.

I give it 6.5/10 just because they showed me the face of old Zash, otherwise it would be 5/10.

Edited by NoTomorrow

If the sith inquisitor master was someone like darth jadus I would scream with glee a sith that acts like jadus is a perfect fit for the inqusitor as a master but nooooo we had to be drawn into the artifact hunting, ghost busting and ghost hunter. It seems that the sith warrior does what the si was advertised to do since the SW acts like darth sidious and darth vader at the same time.

I love the gameplay mechanics of the class but I give the story of the class 6-7 out of 10

I'd give it a 3/10. The whole story seems to be wrapped around killing the same 8 elite bosses over and over and over, and in the end, after you kill Thanaton for the fifth time, it's all just over. The story just seems to end, and all inquisitors across the entire swtor universe are dubbed the same exact name...Darth Nox of the Dark Council. I'd have to hate to go to one of those meetings.

Edited by Luminastik

2 out of 10.

I just finished this up recently and I found it to be shockingly bad.

Chapter 1

You could say it was obvious what was going on, but considering that Khem just straight tells you that Zash is going to betray you, that's a given. But the whole point of this Chapter is that you're running around on errands to collect items for your own murder. And given that you're supposed to be the intellectual of the two Sith classes, the utter idiocy of putting up with Zash's nonsense was grating.

Chapter 2

So you walk into an obvious trap. Then you go ghost-busting. Umm... why? Why the hell does Thanaton have it in for you. Because you had the bad luck to be picked up by Zash as an apprentice. You're running around doing all this work for the Empire, making yourself useful, and this guy wants to kill you for no apparent reason. BULL****

Chapter 3

Oh, you know those ghosts we sent you to find. They're killing you. Go fix yourself. lolololol When this happened I knew for a fact then that this whole storyline was a massive troll. By the end, I was just glad it was done.

I'd give it a 3/10. The whole story seems to be wrapped around killing the same 8 elite bosses over and over and over, and in the end, after you kill Thanaton for the fifth time, it's all just over. The story just seems to end, and all inquisitors across the entire swtor universe are dubbed the same exact name...Darth Nox of the Dark Council. I'd have to have to go to one of those meetings.

LMAO, exactly!

Overall I would say 6/10

pros:

I really enjoyed playing a sorcerer. I like the mechanics of the class a lot. I also think they did a good job of pushing the story forward, with the exception of chapter 1 which seemed to drag on forever. Khem Val is AWESOME! I like the SI blatant race for personal power, hell after chapter 1 ends everything else is for personal reasons. No master to keep running errands for. And there is something inherently gratifying about having your own cult.

cons:

I have to echo the vast majority of sentiment here, for a "behind the scenes" operator the SI was to upfront about everything. Total lack of subterfuge or subversion. I think the plot works with what the class is supposed to be. Chasing down relics and rituals, but the means of acquiring them was just way to brutish. The very reason I chose to play an inquisitor and not a warrior. Also, Thanaton as the antagonist works for me. I watched the final cut scene with him dieing numerous times I was just so happy to see it. But he wants me dead because my master killed a darth to take his place. Seriously, isnt that how the sith empire works? Seems incredibly far fetched, and ultimately I do not buy it.

overall:

If the story had involved a believable reason for the antagonists to drive the story, and if there had been more political intrigue I would definitely give it a higher overall. Just a quick thought but here goes revised story line: Zash and Thanaton actually worked together to uncover the ritual. I was supposed to be the test subject. Thanaton finds out the ritual backfired, and is trying to kill the SI to cover his own ***. Chapter 2 ends with getting the ghosts. Chapter 3 instead of trying to cure yourself is focused on subverting Thanaton's people as well as getting dirt/blackmailing some other council members so that when it comes down to it they are forced to side with you over Thanaton.