Planetary Load Times

IasonEvan

Players,

Please post your Planetary/Fleet Load Times here. If you want to talk about load times please post them in the myriad other threads created. I would just like to see as big a community sample as we can get going here. I am very interested in the results. I have timed my load times into planets and they have increased significantly since 1.2 went live. Thanks for posting.

Alderaan, Tattooine, Corellia, Balmorra, and Belsavis, all take 3-5 minutes to load.

Nar Shaddaa, Ilum, Hoth, Coruscant, and Dromund Kaas all take 2-4 minutes.

Quesh, Starter planets, take about 1-2 and a half minutes.

The Fleet and my ship take about 45 seconds.

Again, please refrain from computer specs and conversation, I just want load times. I only want to see what people's times loading the game are out of curiosity. Thanks again.

About 3 seconds no matter what area I am loading. 5 seconds tops if internet slows on me.

Fin

edit: no change in load times pre or post 1.2

Edited by Fineth
added comment

About 3 seconds no matter what area I am loading. 5 seconds tops if internet slows on me.

Fin

edit: no change in load times pre or post 1.2

I know he said no specs, but I want you to tell us what machine could possibly load these areas in 3-5 seconds. I have a decent machine and its take upwards of 30seconds-1minute depending on the planet. Until i hear an explanation, i'm calling bs.

Players,

Please post your Planetary/Fleet Load Times here. If you want to talk about load times please post them in the myriad other threads created. I would just like to see as big a community sample as we can get going here. I am very interested in the results. I have timed my load times into planets and they have increased significantly since 1.2 went live. Thanks for posting.

Alderaan, Tattooine, Corellia, Balmorra, and Belsavis, all take 3-5 minutes to load.

Nar Shaddaa, Ilum, Hoth, Coruscant, and Dromund Kaas all take 2-4 minutes.

Quesh, Starter planets, take about 1-2 and a half minutes.

The Fleet and my ship take about 45 seconds.

Again, please refrain from computer specs and conversation, I just want load times. I only want to see what people's times loading the game are out of curiosity. Thanks again.

the most ive ever taken was 1-2 minutes to load anything in the game. and thats on a laptop

I'd say that load times are my top issue with the game at the moment.

There are times when I don't log in at all because I simply don't want to spend so much time staring at the load screens.

When I eventually unsub, I can guarantee load times will be mentioned in my exit commentary.

There are times when I don't log in at all because I simply don't want to spend so much time staring at the load screens.

When I eventually unsub, I can guarantee load times will be mentioned in my exit commentary.

Load times only please. Thanks.

Only leave load times please.

Actually you requests no specs, i assume you mean "only leave load times" which i gave 30 secs to 60 secs before and after the patch.

edit: cool, when you edit your post it shows up in its new edited form even on people that have quoted you

Edited by TheRealRainier

Can't you just unsub without the commentary?

Well, I never sat there with a stop watch but that said I find myself thinking more often "why does this take so long".

Can't really say if 1.2 related.

With some other games a fresh install helped, I don't really feel like downloading everything again though.

Pre 1.2, all planets/locations no longer than 10-20 seconds.

Post 1.2, most locations have double to triple load times (30-60+ seconds), worse on shared planets between both factions such as Belsavis where the load times are tripled as well as the idiotic splash screen that obscure the screen when you have finish loading into the planet. You're already loaded, can move around, yet the splash screen is obscuring the entire screen for 2-4 seconds.

The loading times have been increasing as the patches piled up, it was happening shortly before 1.2 with the last few patches pre 1.2, but definitely more noticeable post 1.2.

Shared locations are the worse offenders I find (50-60+ seconds), even the fleets don't take that long.

They have definitely gone up across the board since 1.2. Usually 20-30 seconds or so for "small" areas such as ship/fleet. For the bigger planets, upwards of 45-50 seconds.

In general, I'm feeling between a 10 to 20 second increase in load times overall since 1.2 went live.

I base most of my timing data on when random warzone queues pop while I'm in transition, and how many seconds are left on the queue timer. Generally speaking this is okay, as 80%+ of my warzones usually queue from the beginning (1 minute 20 seconds). I do admit there can be SOME error though, as some queues pop with shorter timers occasionally.

My planet load times are so bad I usually have something to read handy to give me something to do while I'm waiting. I'll time some today and add actual times here. Only difference I've noticed since 1.2 is that sometimes the loading screen goes on so long it crashes the game, or I get so bored of waiting I shut it down and restart.