Bioware doesn't know how to do rewards. (Screenshots provided)

LegionAlpha

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6092/21medals55kills.png

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/7195/140coms.png

Now here is the deal. In the first link i go 55 kills 0 deaths with 200k damage. I hit 21 medals (gold status) and i end up only getting 88 coms in a voidstar where we capped door one and prevented a cap on our defending round, perfect game amirite? In the 2nd picture i go 13kills 3 deaths with barely 85k damage with 8 medals (silver status) and we win the hutball 6-0 but i get 140 coms?

Now tell me, how dumb is that lol. I thoroughly think bioware has no idea what they are doing with pvp, but hey, who am i right? Just providing evidence.

you get rewards according to how fast you win so if you didnt make it to the end in void and fought the whole match out it was an even fight win

6-0 in huttball you crushed the enemy team and that rather fast giving you the time bonus

you get rewards according to how fast you win so if you didnt make it to the end in void and fought the whole match out it was an even fight win

6-0 in huttball you crushed the enemy team and that rather fast giving you the time bonus

Which really is a bad reward system as a lazy afternoon stroll 6-0 huttball PvP without resistance is more rewarding than the most challenging and hard fought over battle very close to a draw.

The system here is actually that the reward scales on the score. Once you get 8 medals, you stop getting rewards based on medals.

The rest of the commendations you gain come from the score. You won 1-0 in one of the games. Therefore get 8 medals, and 1 "score" weighting on your rewards.

The other game, you got 8 medals, and 6 "score" weighting on your rewards. The rewards are not about personal stats, they are about team stats. And your team was unable to cap more than 1 door.

This is entirely possibly because you defended first and immediately got the first door ending the game... which is an inherent flaw in the new Voidstar design, but has nothing to do with bioware calculating the rewards incorrectly.

i guess it works this way: maximum valor the game gives you is something around 88-90, the factor that allows you to surpass that are the mvp votes.

well according to the second screen shot, he received 0 mvp votes, yet gotten alot more that time.

My guess would be it was punishing his premade or something. Too see the scoreboard looking so loopsided and EVERYONE with high amount of gold medals for a near even game looks weird.

@the other poster mentioning time done, you can only go so fast when your team starts out defending(voidstar), cause once they went attacker second round they auto win after they get one door which looks to be the case according to the screeny( the time past from the round start)

edit: what the poster said above for the score calculation being due to voidstar design flaw/oversight.

Edited by Washizuka

The rewards that you gain are based on team and group effort or medals. It was implemented last patch. So if one player joined late or didn't participate, the whole team suffers.

No late joiner could amass the near same amount of objective+medals in conjuction with the rest of the team like that, looking at the numbers everyone was there from the get go as everyone had over 17 medals

It's time based.

You won quickly... good job!!

or

The match was drawn out, nice job but not as much ownage...

makes sense to me. better than people owning and wanting to stay longer. if you are winning continue to win quickly

your own personal kills or damage or w/e the F don't mean sh*t compared to winning the game.

Edited by VoidSpectre

The system here is actually that the reward scales on the score. Once you get 8 medals, you stop getting rewards based on medals.

The rest of the commendations you gain come from the score. You won 1-0 in one of the games. Therefore get 8 medals, and 1 "score" weighting on your rewards.

The other game, you got 8 medals, and 6 "score" weighting on your rewards. The rewards are not about personal stats, they are about team stats. And your team was unable to cap more than 1 door.

This is entirely possibly because you defended first and immediately got the first door ending the game... which is an inherent flaw in the new Voidstar design, but has nothing to do with bioware calculating the rewards incorrectly.

Yep, we defended door 1 and capped door 1 and game ends. Not my fault that i can't get more doors. Warzone auto ends. The match was tough though on both sides, took us down to the wire to cap it with 7 seconds left. #logicfail on bioware part.

This makes the most sense and explains what we are seeing. Can anyone refute this?

One reason why I don't like the voidstar changes with it ending early, if it were full duration like pre 1.2 you'd probably get at least 100 more comms out of that. In a long huttball (all the way down to 0s) I got 144 comms, I was surprised so it's possible to get lots of medals if the match goes on for long. I even got 96 comms on a loss as well.

Now, what the F was wrong with pre 1.2's rewards?

And that's lots of inq's vs lots of knights, knights seem to be the FOTM on my server.

Edited by Sookster

It's time based.

You won quickly... good job!!

or

The match was drawn out, nice job but not as much ownage...

makes sense to me. better than people owning and wanting to stay longer. if you are winning continue to win quickly

your own personal kills or damage or w/e the F don't mean sh*t compared to winning the game.

But if its a close drawn out match, why the hell am i not getting compensated for that in my rewards? Took us down to the wire to cap the door and win. 0 deaths, killing EVERYONE i could get my hands on. EVERYONE on my team had 17+medals. Now i see where you're coming from but i am looking for an explanation.

To get max medals i must let the other team score in voidstar up to last door so then my team can hopefully trash through the doors to get more coms? Im sorry thats not the objective, thats called banking on a failed design flaw and luck of the pugs. Thats NOT pvp... thats stupidity of bioware.

In hutball, if my team is trashing them and they are trashing us, ball is going back and forth and its close and everyone is racking damage and kills and finally i get a score to win us 1-0, why should i only get 8medals and 50 coms most likely?

Bioware needs new metrics to actually account for what they call "PeeVeePee". Seems pretty failed.

Yep, we defended door 1 and capped door 1 and game ends. Not my fault that i can't get more doors. Warzone auto ends. The match was tough though on both sides, took us down to the wire to cap it with 7 seconds left. #logicfail on bioware part.

If this is true, then I'd argue you got what you deserve. The good teams that attack second and get the first door in the first minute of the match are the ones getting screwed.

I know my premades always collectively sigh in vent when we defend first.

Edit: It's worth noting that even in the scenario I described above (the "screwed" scenario) you are still getting good rewards for 8 minutes of play (instead of 15). It's just not as good as a quick and successful attack round followed by a flawless defense round.

Edited by LarryRow

One reason why I don't like the voidstar changes with it ending early, if it were full duration like pre 1.2 you'd probably get at least 100 more comms out of that. In a long huttball (all the way down to 0s) I got 144 comms, I was surprised so it's possible to get lots of medals if the match goes on for long. I even got 96 comms on a loss as well.

And that's lots of inq's vs lots of knights, knights seem to be the FOTM on my server.

Well played inquisitors will smoke any warrior.

If this is true, then I'd argue you got what you deserve. The good teams that attack second and get the first door in the first minute of the match are the ones getting screwed.

I know my premades always collectively sigh in vent when we defend first.

But im saying if it is a close match. Why should we be punished for fighting good players vs good players? Seems like bioware doesn't know how to support pvp either.

But if its a close drawn out match, why the hell am i not getting compensated for that in my rewards? Took us down to the wire to cap the door and win. 0 deaths, killing EVERYONE i could get my hands on. EVERYONE on my team had 17+medals. Now i see where you're coming from but i am looking for an explanation.

To get max medals i must let the other team score in voidstar up to last door so then my team can hopefully trash through the doors to get more coms? Im sorry thats not the objective, thats called banking on a failed design flaw and luck of the pugs. Thats NOT pvp... thats stupidity of bioware.

In hutball, if my team is trashing them and they are trashing us, ball is going back and forth and its close and everyone is racking damage and kills and finally i get a score to win us 1-0, why should i only get 8medals and 50 coms most likely?

Bioware needs new metrics to actually account for what they call "PeeVeePee". Seems pretty failed.

wrong

balance between warzone rewards might be needed

BUT in every single warzone winning quickly is the most rewarding path. this is the way it is. try and win, try and win as quickly as you can. that seems simple and obvious. don't play the medal game play the game to win(this gets you the most medals) DUH

like i said the difference being which WZs reward more might need adjusting. a quick win in huttball vs a quick win in voidstar might need balancing. but quick wins are still rewarded the most.

Edited by VoidSpectre

Voidstar needs its bonus normalized. Right now you only get the maximum bonus if you get all the way to the core. If you only get through 1 door + bridge its 90 comms, 115 for 2nd door.

I really cringe when I get this war zone when its premade vs premade because its easy for two competent teams to prevent the other from getting through the first door then at the end the game randomly chooses a winner

The reward? 90 comms for win, 60 for loss. Really -- was it worth me doing 400k dmg and 150k protection for this?

Edited by ComeAndSee

You get more rewards based on how badly you beat the other team. It's like a slaughter rule. While you get extra medals for quickness. You get more comms for a 6-0 match than a 6-5 match done in the same time.

To get the most comms, you need to get to 8 medals and beat the other team badly. ie. 6-0 Huttball, get to the end in Voidstar and hold them before the first door. win Novarre Coast 100-0. Close games give squat.

I'm still seeing commendation/credit reward disparity. I understand one of the factors is based on time, another on total medals/performance, but I've been in many WZ's where we've won in the quickest alotted time possible (i.e. defending first in a voidstar while completely preventing any bomb plants and planting within 40 seconds of attacking round), I've had the most medals in the match and still only gotten ~ 80 comms (base, each mvp vote is +1 comm) and ~ 3200 credits. Whereas I've won less decidedly quick matches while putting out less performance and getting ~ 140 comms (base, again), ~ 6200 credits for only having 3rd/4th most medals.