Shinarika - Shadow Breaker [Ultimate Jedi Shadow/Sith Assassin Guide]

Xinika

Hey Shinarika, what are your thoughts on the proccable campaign relics? I was thinking of getting the Campaign Dark Radiance relic for an endurance and sustained damage boost for my tank. On the other hand the Shield Amplification gives a power increase and an absorption boost. What do you think? (I don't really want a burst increase as I'm more of a defensive player).

I think they're effin' awesome for Balance.

Horrible for Infil.

And just smack in between for KC. (More looking at survivability part than damage)

I can see how it can definitely add to more tank value but what other relic would you pair this with? Can I have that information?

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very, very nice guide!

Thanks for that! Are you using the build you suggest in the video for Kinetic yourself? Since you said you do a lot of defending, did you keep kinetic ward in your build?

I'm using the build in the video and running w/o KW.

I can fend off long enough to call for help w/o it.

nice work Shinarika!

a hint: focus target works quite well in this game, use it (set focus target, cast and/or cc focus with focus modifier)

and: use tab to switch targets when there are only 2-3 enemys. you can bind aswell "target nearest enemy"

for situations with more then 2-3 enemys (my binding for this is alt+tab since i disabled some of my keyboard keys/kombinations)

now as for gear setup / stats ive got an question:

my stats atm:

~ 850-1050 max dmg (pri)

~ 470 melee bonus dmg

~ 770 force bonus dmg

~ 21 crit, unbuffed

~ 77% surge

~ 94% acc

~ 950 expertise

im using remodded BM, WH Gloves (acc+power) WH medic ear and WH forcemaster DBLS,

playing dps / healsupport in my wz-lineup

question:

what would you consider as MINIMUM crit on dps kinetic since PA provides only 60% crit (mainly concerning tkt) ?

i realy like those striker implants ( 69 power 53acc each ) giving a huge boost to power and

since im missing ACC anyway it would be great.

on the other hand my crit would drop far below 20%.. i lean towards going for those implants (full power)

OR maybe switch 2-3 enhancements/mods from power to crit. WH head and legs have crit

but not remodding those items would be a huge loss in power (since atm ive got 71 power on both BM head / legs)

any thaughts?

Edited by matyo

nice work Shinarika!

a hint: focus target works quite well in this game, use it (set focus target, cast and/or cc focus with focus modifier)

and: use tab to switch targets when there are only 2-3 enemys. you can bind aswell "target nearest enemy"

for situations with more then 2-3 enemys (my binding for this is alt+tab since i disabled some of my keyboard keys/kombinations)

now as for gear setup / stats ive got an question:

my stats atm:

~ 850-1050 max dmg (pri)

~ 470 melee bonus dmg

~ 770 force bonus dmg

~ 21 crit, unbuffed

~ 77% surge

~ 94% acc

~ 950 expertise

im using remodded BM, WH Gloves (acc+power) WH medic ear and WH forcemaster DBLS,

playing dps / healsupport in my wz-lineup

question:

what would you consider as MINIMUM crit on dps kinetic since PA provides only 60% crit (mainly concerning tkt) ?

i realy like those striker implants ( 69 power 53acc each ) giving a huge boost to power and

since im missing ACC anyway it would be great.

on the other hand my crit would drop far below 20%.. i lean towards going for those implants (full power)

OR maybe switch 2-3 enhancements/mods from power to crit. WH head and legs have crit

but not remodding those items would be a huge loss in power (since atm ive got 71 power on both BM head / legs)

any thaughts?

I'd feel comfy around 18-20% crit. Otherwise stack power like an addict.

Hmm, I'm very interested in the gear stacking side of things here. I've been doing all kinds of calculations and spreadsheets and whatnot to try to figure out precisely how to get the kinds of stats that seem good and which have been reported.

So far, I haven't really seen much of a solid way to stack power without sacrificing Willpower, Crit, or Accuracy to unacceptable levels. Obviously, accuracy is the most expendable, but I really don't think it should be at 0. That, and I've seen people reporting 400 power, 77% surge, and accuracy up at nearly 100% and can't for the life of me figure out what mods and enhancements they could possibly be throwing in to achieve this.

Unless I've made a tremendous mistake, the only possible combinations are Power/Surge, Power/Accuracy, Surge/Crit, and Crit/Accuracy. With those limitations I'm having a real hard time figuring out how to reach those numbers.

This is, of course, taking into account the implants, earpieces, bracers and belts.

Edited by Skolops

Horrible for Infil.

And just smack in between for KC. (More looking at survivability part than damage)

I can see how it can definitely add to more tank value but what other relic would you pair this with? Can I have that information?

for Balance, you recommend them over the pvp relic and/or matrix cube? (I guess the better question is, assuming you have access to any of the campaign ones + pvp ones + matrix cube, which 2 would you recommend as ideal?)

lastly, for balance, which of those would probably be best? (which damage type)

thanks

for Balance, you recommend them over the pvp relic and/or matrix cube? (I guess the better question is, assuming you have access to any of the campaign ones + pvp ones + matrix cube, which 2 would you recommend as ideal?)

lastly, for balance, which of those would probably be best? (which damage type)

thanks

I would never recommend replacing the matrix cube. The PvP relic however I would replace with the campaign.

I'd head for the one with internal damage as it's not mitigated by armour.

Horrible for Infil.

At the moment I'm rocking the matrix cube like a boss because of the stat increases. 50 end, 58 WP, 24 crit is still a nice bonus even at War Hero tier. At WH I will probably lack crit so this will really help. In this case I would take matrix cube and either Dark Radiance or Shield Amplification...

I was also thinking of using both the Dark Radiance and Shield Amplification cubes together. Huge endurance boost, a bit of power and sustained damage, and proccable absorption protection. As a somewhat defensive tank (33/66 tank/dps gear split) this could provide some much needed protection. Thoughts?

Edit: Leaning away from taking out the matrix cube. That's a lot of crit I'd miss...

Edited by trakata

I'm using the build in the video and running w/o KW.

I can fend off long enough to call for help w/o it.

Can I ask what the pros are of not running with KW? Im quite new to to shadow tank pvping and I would have just assumed that KW would be an obvious choice in pvp using a shield generator off-hand... Great video and thanks for your time...

Can I ask what the pros are of not running with KW? Im quite new to to shadow tank pvping and I would have just assumed that KW would be an obvious choice in pvp using a shield generator off-hand... Great video and thanks for your time...

The way the calculations work that the game does for each attack, shielding is very, very easily "overcome" by the offensive rolls and so doesn't work out to be useful.

In PvE you'll find yourself shielding a lot, but in PvP it just doesn't happen enough to make it worthwhile.

Has anyone tried swapping out some mods of the war hero with black hole stuff to stay over expertise soft cap but maximizing other stats? Learning a lot in this thread! Right now I'm looking at the black hole focus and relic like some suggested and I believe that puts you around 1107 expertise. Thanks for all the great information by the way!

On a side note, where exactly does everyone get all this information on stats? If some of the torhead gear is wrong wouldn't mr.robot be wrong as well?

At the moment I'm rocking the matrix cube like a boss because of the stat increases. 50 end, 58 WP, 24 crit is still a nice bonus even at War Hero tier. At WH I will probably lack crit so this will really help. In this case I would take matrix cube and either Dark Radiance or Shield Amplification...

I was also thinking of using both the Dark Radiance and Shield Amplification cubes together. Huge endurance boost, a bit of power and sustained damage, and proccable absorption protection. As a somewhat defensive tank (33/66 tank/dps gear split) this could provide some much needed protection. Thoughts?

Edit: Leaning away from taking out the matrix cube. That's a lot of crit I'd miss...

Yeah, I seriously would not replace the Matrix cube with any other relic.

I think your idea is interesting and you should try it out.

Let me know.

Get to other questions later.

Well, I did the math tonight and as I can confirm (for anyone who was in doubt like myself) that 1100 does indeed seem to be a soft cap of sorts, at least for DPS. I haven't done the calculations for survivability.

In any case, after 1,100 expertise on your own gear even giving an opponent 50,000 expertise doesn't mitigate the extra damage done from adding power or willpower versus adding more expertise.

Well, I did the math tonight and as I can confirm (for anyone who was in doubt like myself) that 1100 does indeed seem to be a soft cap of sorts, at least for DPS. I haven't done the calculations for survivability.

In any case, after 1,100 expertise on your own gear even giving an opponent 50,000 expertise doesn't mitigate the extra damage done from adding power or willpower versus adding more expertise.

Why do you folks doubt me? :)

Im currently saving up my RWZ comms. Should I get War Hero +power implants? if so which implants will i get? FM or Stalker?

Get the FM pieces first. They hold the biggest (Power) upgrades. Implants/Earpieces should be fairly easy to get as well so that's another option to start with. However, sooner or later you will need the FM pieces.

Traded the defense in favour of offense. I still use the shield generator for the health bonus when I swap for defender gear.

Edited by Xinika

Why do you folks doubt me? :)

Ha, sorry. :) Everyone and their brother is saying expertise, expertise, expertise, so its hard not to think it's actually as important as folks say!

Continuing on this point, I'm finding in extended math I'm doing for the other thread on this specific topic that the cap seems to actually be closer to 700, if you're considering power point for point, or 1000 if you're considering willpower point for point.

Ha, sorry. :) Everyone and their brother is saying expertise, expertise, expertise, so its hard not to think it's actually as important as folks say!

Continuing on this point, I'm finding in extended math I'm doing for the other thread on this specific topic that the cap seems to actually be closer to 700, if you're considering power point for point, or 1000 if you're considering willpower point for point.

Keep us updated on your testing.

Nice video!

But i would like to ask why dont you use single target taunt as you can use it 30m and no power cost and it dosent trigger global cooldown?

Allmost every assasin/shadow pvp vid i see lot off times people dont use it. I just wonder why? i dont see the down side off it as its nice to but on some dps hammering our healers. Just wonder have i missed some reson why most people dont user it?

I do use it, all the time. There were just no clips there where I did :p.

Big fan of all of the guides & videos Shin - was wondering if you could give me some advice on where to go next with my character.

I'm Inf specced at the moment and really have no intention of changing as it's a spec that I enjoy PVPing with - but I'm a bit stumped on which stats to be stacking as there are a couple of contradicting sources of information.

My current stats are:

1457 WP, 1164 exp, 100.73% acc, 31.09% crit, 69.54% crit multiplier, 147 power & 1224 force power.

I would assume that going for power next would be the way to go - but are there any stats that I should be sacrificing for it? And how would you suggest going about getting my stats to the required levels? I'm currently in mainly BM gear with a couple of augmented WH pieces and am working towards these - should I be avoiding any of the stalker pieces?

Thanks!

Big fan of all of the guides & videos Shin - was wondering if you could give me some advice on where to go next with my character.

I'm Inf specced at the moment and really have no intention of changing as it's a spec that I enjoy PVPing with - but I'm a bit stumped on which stats to be stacking as there are a couple of contradicting sources of information.

My current stats are:

1457 WP, 1164 exp, 100.73% acc, 31.09% crit, 69.54% crit multiplier, 147 power & 1224 force power.

I would assume that going for power next would be the way to go - but are there any stats that I should be sacrificing for it? And how would you suggest going about getting my stats to the required levels? I'm currently in mainly BM gear with a couple of augmented WH pieces and am working towards these - should I be avoiding any of the stalker pieces?

Thanks!

While I'm not her, I can tell you that adding more power is absolutely the right step, and that typically accuracy is considered sacrificable down to 96% or so. The other big thing is that you can actually make a huge difference in your stats by swapping out the enhancements from other PvP gear without sacrificing as much in the other stats as you would by swapping out entirely different pieces of gear.

For example, with full BM (all augmented with Resolve Augments) I was able to get my stats as follows by swapping enhancements from the Commando Eliminator's Canon and the Knight's Vindicator Handgear. Note that I have the Shadow Buff (+5% Willpower) and the Smuggler Buff (+5% Critical chance):

1509 Willpower

1110 Expertise

96.67% Accuracy

33.67% Critical chance

76.45% Critical multiplier

357 Power

1224 Force Power (which will only go up with a WH Saber or Focus)

Edited by Skolops

I'm just wondering what implants (War Hero) do you use?

War Hero Striker's MK-1 Motivator x2.

My current stats are:

Thanks!

Get your surge to at least 75% then just go full power from there. Your power is WAYYY too low and your crit is FARRR too high for infil. My crit is 19% as Infil/KC and my power is at 842 (L o L ! ! I know, I know.)

Your melee accuracy needs to be around 95-97%.

Just work on getting your WH gear. BM is now outdated.

Edited by Xinika