Regarding server queues

StephenReid

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ha freedon nad here aswell man i feel the pain :p Planned to hop on swtor before i start work at 12 but dosnt look like i'll be getting on at this rate :( got up at bloody half 8 on a sunday to play a game and by 9 am its got fekin massive queues? Edited by Demoniceus

Why are we still waiting for some sort of information from the Devs?

Multiple choice?

1. You wouldn't like the answer.
  2. You didn't like the answer. (Dump all progress and find an only 2 hour queue.)
  3. They don't know the answer.
  4. The "whose mess is this?" finger-pointing has formed a circle.
  5. Nobody's there. (Everyone is currently fleeing the country.)

The problem clearly is this: too many customers. What they're choosing to do about it is best summed up in this demotivational poster.

ha freedon nad here aswell man i feel the pain :p Planned to hop on swtor before i start work at 12 but dosnt look like i'll be getting on at this rate :( got up at bloody half 8 on a sunday to play a game and by 9 am its got fekin massive queues?

Aye its pretty sick, i got up even earlier but seems to have been in vain now due to client crash. :(

If they offered transfers now i think i would take it and i know a lot of my guild feel the same. We starting to regret trusting our guild placement bigtime.

Multiple choice?

1. You wouldn't like the answer.
  2. You didn't like the answer. (Dump all progress and find an only 2 hour queue.)
  3. They don't know the answer.
  4. The "whose mess is this?" finger-pointing has formed a circle.
  5. Nobody's there. (Everyone is currently fleeing the country.)

The problem clearly is this: too many customers. What they're choosing to do about it is best summed up in this demotivational poster.

I like you. :D

Aye its pretty sick, i got up even earlier but seems to have been in vain now due to client crash. :(

If they offered transfers now i think i would take it and i know a lot of my guild feel the same. We starting to regret trusting our guild placement bigtime.

Aye Unnamed here few folk defo feeling the hurt good few members just playin on different servers till release then planning on rerolling but i aint got the time or patience to play a char then reroll again 3 times including beta lol

Dear Bioware,

so far I really love SWTOR and I don't regret having ordered the CE back in July.

But I agree with the previous posts in this thread, you definitely have got to do something about those queues, they're unacceptable.

And please don't let that 'something' be a statement that boils down to "just start a new character on a new server".

Thank you.

This is far the worst money ive ever payed, preordering this game - being on TFON server with a guild not being able to play due to queues :(

i have had the oppotunity to logg on for 3 days now, and ive played for like ½ hour (not all us have the whole day off to play)

This is just not good enough, i feel cheated and im getting more and more annoyed - so close to giving up my subscribtion as i bought this game to play with old friends online. So dont just wanna logg on another server to run around playing alone

Unfortunately we are stuck on that crap server.

This is far the worst money ive ever payed, preordering this game - being on TFON server with a guild not being able to play due to queues :(

i have had the oppotunity to logg on for 3 days now, and ive played for like ½ hour (not all us have the whole day off to play)

This is just not good enough, i feel cheated and im getting more and more annoyed - so close to giving up my subscribtion as i bought this game to play with old friends online. So dont just wanna logg on another server to run around playing alone

Unfortunately we are stuck on that crap server.

lol i made a thread called swtor game for the jobless cause i reckoned u could only play it with 24 to do nothing but queue got closed within like 17 pages in 30 min

Yesterday I made queue 5h from 18:00 CMT to 23:00 CMT.....annoying...obviously in ToFN, the only server that has queues at 9:00 CMT....you haveto do something with that because start frsh in another server is not an option at lvl 30.

Tomb of Freedon Nadd needs fixing. you dont seem to understand people dont just quit their main characters after putting so much effort in. all my friends/guild are on ToFN so we wont quit. server transfer is the only way we will move now. so bring in server transfers for this server please.

This 'update' basically says "Hi we know there are queues, tough luck"

I think you could increase the total number of players allowed on a server. I never have any of my mobs camped or anything. Feels like a SP game atm.

Hi everyone,

Thanks again for your patience while we gathered more information for you. At this time, Customer Service is going to help move you off of Taris so your characters are no longer stuck. While this won't fix the core issue on Taris (which is still under investigation), it will allow you to once again use those characters.

If you haven't already, please submit a ticket to Customer Service with all the details about your character (Name and Server). If you aren't able to do so in-game, you can do it from our website here. Please only submit one ticket, and then hang tight until CS is able to respond and assist you. This may take some time, so in the meantime either take the night off or play with a different character.

Thanks again for all the information! I'll update you all when I can regarding the state of Taris.

In case some havent seen this regarding the memory leak

Sunday morning and 140 people in the queue for Legions of Lettow already... Sigh, I want to play the game with the character I put time into not wait in queues for hours every time I want to play.

I would gladly transfer my character to a less populated server to play it.

My Question is are you offering server transfers for people? I was the first of my friends in the game by a full day by the time they got on the server was full and had 1 to 3 hour ques so they rolled a lower pop server. Anyway I can move my character to that new server?

The following is a brief statement from Jeff Hickman, Executive Producer, Live Services:

"We know there have been questions about the queues on the servers, so we wanted to take a moment to give you some insight."

allow me to give you some insight... 4+ hour ques does not get the game subs... ;)

lock servers ?

First and foremost, love the game and I think the EGA has gone exceptionally smooth compared to other mmo launches. I imagine this was part of the thought process behind the concept.

I would just like to add my support to an idea others have suggested, adding a protected time frame for disconnections. Rather than being automatically placed back at the end of line.

I logged into The Swiftsure around 6:50 pm MST and finally got past queue at about 11:25 pm MST. Around 2:50 am my cat went bonkers running around like a crazed cat and stepped on my surge protector's reset button. I immediately rebooted and logged back in (within maybe 2 min) to find myself position 857 in queue, a disheartening situation.