Regarding server queues

StephenReid

you should really do something about the queues, get some friggin bigger servers that can support more players online and yeah, a grace period of 5 minutes would be nice in case of a disconnect. "much to learn you still have, bioware" about mmo's

agree

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am very, very disappointed. I dislike starting a new char only because the queue for my current server is full. If you don't allow character transfers for free or simply solve this queue problem I will close my account again and you lose one paying customer.

AND I BET MANY MANY OTHERS WILL FOLLOW - GUYS I HOPE YOU REALIZE YOU ARE DESTROYING A GREAT GAME !!!!! START MOVING AND STOP TELLING NONSENSE!!!!

I have been booted from the server several times since launch and instantly sent to the back of the queue again.. It is incredibly frustrating to be sent to the back after you have waited your turn to get in!.

WoW had this issue at launch. Surely these lessons have been learnt.

Simply give a 3-5 minute grace period to allow someone who gets booted to get back in before they are sent to the back of the queue AGAIN!

Very unhappy Trooper (currently sat in the queue AGAIN today):mad::mad:

Free migrations would help.

quite true BUT they are not at all a fix for the issue as most of us whom have been in the game for some time have built up friends and sense of community already, most people will want to stay on their server... that's why we came up with the 1 to 6 step approach i posted earlier.

Frustrating isnt the word.

Logged on 10am this morning, no issues with ques.

Logged off to switch to 2nd account at 11.30 (2 accounts due to pre registering guilds) and guess what 30 mins que with 484 people in front. at 11.30AM

I'll put up with this as i have not yet paid a subscription (30 days free with game purchase) but if this situation is not resolved by the time my 1st sub is taken and we still have queing issues, then me and many of my fellow guild members have already stated we will cancel our subscription.

As i only have limited game time due to work, i will pay for a game i can log into with no issues at all to play.

As for moving servers as many have stated, guilds have come across as guilds from other games. People have played together for years and making toons on less populated servers is not an option for us.

Simply put the amount of English PvE servers for EU players is no where near enough and i fail to see how you can have these issues as all current players have paid for early access so you should of known the numbers involved on servers

As probably most everyone has complained about the ques are very long, it's a bit annoying but I can live with that HOWEVER if you get disconnected you have almost ZERO time to reconnect.

Yesterday I queued for 3hrs before I could play and as I said that wasn't TO bad. I played for about an hour or two and then I got disconnected for some reason, maybe I got kicked out of the server due to overload or whatever who knows... When I tried to start SW:TOR nothing happened (the program wouldn't run) so I rebooted my comp (this only takes like 0,5-1 minutes) and tried it again. SWTOR started just fine and I could log in but I was placed in queue and had to wait for another 4hrs before I could play....

REALLY!? From being kicked out it only took me like 3minutes MAX before I was back and I still get queued... I don't find that acceptable at ALL! I can plan my evening around long ques when I want to start to play (I just que myself a few hours before I want to start) but I shouldn't get my "gaming evening" ruined just because your servers (or my connection) are a tiny bit unstable.

Please fix this!

Gotta agree, game is not even on release day and we have que's. I think its time you release some more servers, and re-deploy some guilds from servers with que's.

Almost every guild is going to still have some folk who did not pre-order at all, so the que's are not going to go away unless new servers and new redeploys are done.

This. We expect a further 80-100 members from our Star Wars Galaxies guild over Xmas to join (or try)

From what I can, the biggest issue here is that they assigned guilds to the servers before they were populated, forcing lots of people onto one server (and as they only had certain servers lined up before the launch, that means there's a select few that are ridiculously populated).

I've got to echo some of the comments made here; You need to increase the capacity of those servers or provide a work around. The only real option that seems to come to mind is to offer free transfers for people, making them pay would definitely not be reasonable.

I thought that maybe another option that would be cool (although I doubt it would ever be implemented) is if you say on the server screen "I want to connect to THIS server" when you log into a less crowded one. Meaning people could play the game and then quickly transfer over to the other server when a slot becomes available. But, then again, that's a workaround for long server queues, that really shouldn't be happening on launch. And it certainly wouldn't help the situation that's been highlighted here; You're doing an operation or a flashpoint (hell, even a heroic) mission and one of your group disconnects, you're currently screwed if you're on a full server.

...click on holorecord....crash....position in queue 1054

This thing must be fixed !

1. Protection for ppl who crashed and loging back

2. Change limits for servers

3 Free character migrations

agreed

game just crashed on me and had a fifteen minute wait to get back in (fifteen minutes is not alot but shouldnt have happened anmyway)

get back in game crashes again before i even moved waiting another half hour to get back in again.. will it crash again and i'll wait an hour next time..

totally unacceptable. please sort it out.

This is a joke right? This has to be a joke!!!

I just wait for 2 hours all the time to get in the game.

Mostly i have arround 750 folks waiting in line!!!

I ordered the collecters edition, but somehow this is just a rip off.

Early game access!!! LOL

You just use all the People that right now Play the game as just simple Beta testet.

I sure hope, i get another month free.

This sucks!!!!!

Now i wait for 1.25hour and still see only the loading screen, not even the serverlists!!!

thank you for this great time, i'm sure everyone is as happy too!

Ok I can understand a (small) queue in a peak hours.

However, it's now 12 p.m. and I'm 492 at The Red Eclipse. IT IS AN ABSURD!

I can't cancel my subscription as I bought a pre paid 60 days card. However if I don't get an option to move to less populated server (think Sith'ari) I won't buy a new one.

Edited by Llostris

funniest thing:

the only ppl queueing are the guilds which have been deployed by bioware.

i could puke on my screen when i see that my guilds server has an estimated queue time of >1h (which basically means 2 1/2 hours) and all the other servers just say "standard load".

this is really pissing my off. when we would've catched a server on our own, we wouldn't have to wait.

can't say more than "epic fail bioware".

thanks alot

for what was the Guild-Pre-Assignment? for example... our server is one of the fullest german ones... and its a Roleplaying server... And i found many non-rp guilds there that did'nt mark roleplaying as it favors and they got placed on OUR server, and on top, it were so many... and because of that we are getting queues...

In the open beta the servers had around 10 instances running of every zone. I am only seein 2 on swiftsure. So a simple fix is, lock the servers and max capacity. Simple. But I have spent another day in queues getting kicked due to 1003 errors and this game can go rot in hell. Also I have a job and only a few hours to game a night I will be spending those hours back in Skyrim and playing Dota2 and maybe re subbing to WoW.

Saturday i got DC at 04.30pm CET i got back into the game 11.15pm CET duo the que.

Honestly 6h 45min wait time is a tad to much. If this is what we have comming the first month of play i c no reason to actually play in that time...........

I hope you have a plan for the release on 20th Dec otherwise you will loose a **** load of money course people wont take that. I know many say that MMO are like this in the start but the way I look at it is very simple.

Since you are able to trow out Early access you must have a idea about how many there actually play during the early access time. So i wounder how in the world you can stuff

Tomb of Freedon Nadd to waaay over limit and still have loads of PVP Europe servers there are light in population.

Only thing there comes to mind here is some intern working for free must have made a sligth error while doing the math on players assigned to server.

Im sorry to say but i expected alot more from a setup holding EA / BIOWARE / Lucas Art. These companys should actually know what they are doing and this should never had happend.

I give em to Thuesday to figure this out and hopes for the best. If not there is a solution im sure the people will make this and other treads glow red hot with complains.

But on the other side The game is awsome and when (i say when course they arnt so dumb they wont fix this in time) this que problem is fixed. Im sure it will kick *** towards all other MMO there is (yes even WoW will c the end of it)