Regarding server queues

StephenReid

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is good to hear that this is being looked at, because this is a serious problem.

As I type this, I have already been in a queue for 1.5 hours on The Red Eclipse EU. I am still 600th in the queue 1.5 hours later. Incidentally, I hope the "queue monitoring" we keep hearing about is actually listening to the community on this, and not just looking at the the estimates on the server list, which are not even close to accurate... mine says 40 minutes for what is looking to be another 3 hour wait, just like yesterday.

It does seem utterly bizarre and ironic that as a consequence of taking up the early guild setup offered before launch, all the guilds were crammed into a handful of servers which are now impossible to get on at peak time, so all the early community building was completely pointless. The guilds that took up the offer to build the community early on are now being punished with an unplayable situation, while the people who did not support the early community build and were not assigned specific servers have a far easier time getting into the game.

It seems an odd lesson for Bioware to teach its fledgling community that it's better to go solo and not try to work as a guild than it is to group up and try to develop a vibrant, lively guild environment. Hopefully they will learn as much from this as we are.

Oh, yay, I'm 582 in the queue now. 1 hour 38 mins down, probably as much to go.

I have not crashed once & there has never been a queue. :)

Great Game!

Me too.

Been on my assigned server since day one and not one que yet.

The lack of understanding here is LOL. This isn't like opening a lemonade stand on the street corner. Most people here would probably fail in that venture too. Judging by most of the posts here you'd all buy too many lemons and cups and not make enough money to cover your expenses.

No probs with queues at launch, to be expected. However queues for 1 hour upwards to get into Frostclaw on EU is just to much really. My guild was deployed so bar moving everyone and starting again we're stuck.

Please let people/guilds move to other less populated servers asap to even the load.

The following is a brief statement from Jeff Hickman, Executive Producer, Live Services:

" Either way, we have one clear objective – to make sure folks have fun.

While we can’t promise that there won’t ever be queues, we can promise you that we are taking this matter seriously and constantly reviewing them to make sure that they are manageable and reasonable."

THIS IS NOT FUN. 3 days in a row waiting cues of over 3 hours after work is unacceptable. I will not subscripe and redeem my code until its fixed. There are ppl outthere who cant play from 6-11 AM when the cues are empty.

An hour I accept on launch, but 4 hours is stupid. As part of a guild I too have been assigned the server of EA's choice, so why am I being penalised for their poor server management.....?

Awesome game when you can get in - but you'll kill it stone dead if this isn't sorted by full release. And i'll go back to WoW, where I can enter the game instantly.

The following is a brief statement from Jeff Hickman, Executive Producer, Live Services:

"We know there have been questions about the queues on the servers, so we wanted to take a moment to give you some insight.

In order to ensure that the service would be smooth and stable, we staged how we brought people into the Early Game Access program, adding people in waves. As you know, there are a lot of folks who want to play the game right now and we want to make sure they have lots of people to play with. Balancing this with figuring out when to bring new servers online to help alleviate the size of the queues is part art and part science. On one hand, you do not want people to wait too long – on the other hand, you want to make sure that people have a dynamic, engaging community to play with for long after launch. Either way, we have one clear objective – to make sure folks have fun.

While we can’t promise that there won’t ever be queues, we can promise you that we are taking this matter seriously and constantly reviewing them to make sure that they are manageable and reasonable."

Lots of text, zero substance. Everyone knew and understood this already. We can also deal with queues, but hour plus queues are unacceptable. What we want to know is what you are going to do about it. All this says is you will continue to look and maybe bring up another server. What about other options? Raise the server limit; add a grace period that will allow those who waited go to the front of the line when bumped off; server transfers for guilds that were assigned to over populated servers, etc. How about some real answers and not some wall of placating drivel?

Edited by Darth_Mister

On one hand, you do not want people to wait too long – on the other hand, you want to make sure that people have a dynamic, engaging community to play with for long after launch. Either way, we have one clear objective – to make sure folks have fun.

If you care for us to have fun, than do something for it. Standing in Q 5+ hours is really no fun. And dont play games with words and tell us what exactly are you going to do with this situation.

- why dont you allow a guild migration to less populated servers? or when will you allow it?

- why theres no grace period after disconnect or game crash? will you fix it? when?

- what is the population cap now? whats the maximum cap the servers are tested to manage? why dont you raise it? when will you raise it?

Give us straight answers, we already are paying customers and we get more queueeeeeeeees than the game itself...

My server said 25m and my alt server said 10m...I was debating to jump to my alt. I, did not do that and just waited out the 348 que time of 25m. In the end, it wasn't 25m, it was 45m and I am at #24 in line.

I am already informing my guild that I am heading to a new low population server. I would very much like to stay with them and my lv 28 Juggernaut, but I also rather play the game. I will always make new in-game friends, but still server que's for over 15m's is silly.

2 hour waits.

Get disconnected, game crashes, need to restart for any reason, you're placed back in the queue.

These are what's unacceptable, not the fact there is a simply a queue. I'm sure most of us prefer none, but also don't mind waiting an reasonable time. We also think it's ridiculous having to wait in that queue if we were just on moments ago, that's not a new technology. Most MMO's have it at launch ever since WoW found a way to let you back in.

Edited by Cambin

While waiting in extended queues sucks, there IS an alternative...

Roll onto another server. Yes, you avoid hanging out with your friends, but you know what? Your friends can join you there...

What, honestly do you expect them to do? Just let everyone in, collapse the entire server base? Come, come now. That's not an acceptable solution. They've got more servers coming up (if they're smart), they can't create servers just for you, or just for your guild, or just for (insertfriendhere), that's insane.

The game is decent, it's popular. Yes, being queued sucks, but it's a part of any decent game. As I've said many times, I'll take being in a queue, any day, over being in a game that's shoddy, laggy, and incredibly unstable. From what I've seen, they're doing the best that they can, despite what the complainers are saying.

Keep up the excellent work, ignore the whiny trolls.

Me too.

The lack of understanding here is LOL. This isn't like opening a lemonade stand on the street corner. Most people here would probably fail in that venture too. Judging by most of the posts here you'd all buy too many lemons and cups and not make enough money to cover your expenses.

What lack of understanding. Bioware have failed to provided an adequate service, thats absoultely clear.

the real issue that caused the game ques is server "Population" Notice. It only shows the number of people logged in not ~ to the number of people with active Toons.

there should be a way to load balance, with a "# of active players" give each server a rating 1-5 based on how many people logged in within the last month on the servers. Avg out the scoring across all servers so 5-Most and 1-Fewest players. that way the Population can be speard not just the users currently logged on at a given time.

I joined the queue to Tomb of Freedon Nadd about 3 hours ago.

At that time the line was 2200. (Estimated wait: 2h 15m)

Now my position in the queue is 900.

1h 15m later still 410 in the line front of me.

So far 4h 15m in queue.

Looking through some of the other articles here, you have mods/developers posting that new servers are available. That's nice and all, but being in a guild that was placed on a server that now has a crazy queue, and wanting to play with my friends, this doesn't help me. Can you give us guildwide transfers to less populus servers? Because I'm annoyed seeing several Moderate to Very Heavy servers without queues at all that I don't want to play with due to my friends NOT being there. I also don't want to have to start a new character.

Me too.

Guys you are just fools or you are working in BW saying such words? Of courese there are still few servers with statuses Light, Standrd, heavy or very heavy. But be sure it`s on time. Also my server (hex droid) was just heavy yesterday, today it is already full with 1 hour real queue (apprx. 450 players). It will only grow. Do u understand that when I created character here I did not know that i would had a big queue but I cannot recreate character every time when next server I use will be 'full' of players.

Really stop doing a cra* in community and enjoy the game while you server is not 'full'

The ONLY question that I want an answer to is: WILL YOU INCREASE THE CAP OF HOW MANY PLAYERS THAT CAN BE LOGGED IN ON THE SERVER OR NOT?

This would be nice to know because I would change server if the cap ATM is the cap at retail. 1-2 hour long queues are not acceptable when people are starting to raid or get more serious. Better to change now than when my char is lvl 50.

Sry for the caps

Seriously ancorhead is overpopulated. I went to a bar, to have some drinks with friends, and I was still in Que. How will I be able to raid, if ques or 2 and a half hours? Raise your caps on servers and allow guild transfers...as in a gm can move all the guildies to another server. OR process refunds...I want to play but not if it means everyday I will have to wait (which it has been so far). Other than that the game kicks every games arse and is great. Oh and fix the bug for retaliation (sometimes I swing my saber a billion time before it hits and procs blade barricade).