Regarding server queues

StephenReid

You all know that there is laws about getting the produckt you pay for... in this i mean i paying for playing time eatch mounth... so atm im making a list of queue time and will be sending and official letter wanting a payment back for all the time i could have played but was stuck in queue... !!! hope everyone ells will do this same cause this is 100% unacceptabel..!!!

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah over 3hrs for my server bloodworthy theres a few other "full" servers but wait times seem to be an awful lot less. I was on from prettymuch the start and it seem you filled one server up to capacity and moved onto the next and so on and so forth, pretty ******** way of doing it in my humble opinion but well there you go, if you tell me it's going to get better at the actual launch then i'll believe you but at the moment you stuck my guild on a server that has waiting times for almost 24hrs of the day half of us have levelled characters to the point where we dont want to just reroll elsewhere and the other half don't have the time to sit and wait 3hrs a time to play, so yeah thanks for runing the first few days of guild life for us, here's hoping i dont have any more guild dropouts due to this and it gets better.

if i tell you you can buy my car for 10k euro , and i give you for free a phone, you payed for that phone ....

then if early acces is for free why my mother cant play ?

Everyone who will start on the 20th will have paid the same as everyone who got free access. Deal with it.

If you know there are going to be Ques as long as an hour or more...you are over populating the servers. Cap them and adjust as people leave. You will ruin this game quickly if you have long wait times. That or offer guild transfers to empty new servers FIRST...before opening them to the public on release....

I already am canceling my preorder...

Thinking about that, too.

Great game, shame so many people can't play it.

I couldn't agree more!

If they would at least acknowledge the problem instead of giving only hollow phrases in typical corporate statements.

On 20th the servers will implode.

Thinking twice if i'm going to buy the game, i dont care if i loose 5 euros, way better than loosing my mind in 6 hours queues!!

This message leave the feeling that they dont even care what paying customers are going threw!!

Its not even official launch and to many f*** ups alredy.

I accidently hit my windows key earlier, tabbing my game out... and it crashed

I login, 400 person queue.. 40 minutes later im down to 25 in the queue, when an error pops up (server error 3)

I try to rejoin my server.. 794 person queue.. estimated 50 minutes

Sad times :(

6 hours queue on TOFN, the game estimates it to 2 hours.

And we all know it is that way because people are using anti-afk measures to stay online until servers are down for maintenance. In another game they solved it by setting a limit on how long anyone could be online before getting kicked out by the server, I think it was 24 hours.

Screw Fatman ...

I'm close to saying the same. I've been bugging my guild to switch to some other server, but we'll probably just try and sit tight for now.

I usually just roflcopter any of the complaint threads, but this is one complaint I'm going to fall in line with. I came home last night and was about to head to bed when I finally logged in. I played for roughly an hour before falling asleep. So 2 1/2 - 3 hours of waiting, playing for about an hour and then sleeping.

This afternoon I've been waiting for 30 minutes thus far. Luckily enough the suggested wait time is 40 minutes and I only have about 20 or 30 minutes left (still at 296 in the queue).

You all know that there is laws about getting the produckt you pay for... in this i mean i paying for playing time eatch mounth... so atm im making a list of queue time and will be sending and official letter wanting a payment back for all the time i could have played but was stuck in queue... !!! hope everyone ells will do this same cause this is 100% unacceptabel..!!!

I am just as mad as you about the queue times but umm just so you understand this is early access the billing cycle has not even begun yet and you have not received your "product" because it is released the 20th what you are playing now is merely complimentary early access.

Regardless your letter is pointless even if it was launch, plenty of MMOs have queues you can't get your money back because you are still capable of choosing a different server without a queue and playing the game. However this obviously pisses people off and they lose customers like that so the obvious solution is to release new servers and allow free transfers from full servers to those newer ones thus solving the problem.

DCed a couple of hours ago. When I loged back on I was put in a 1 hour 40 min q. After 1 hour and 20 min I get an error and had to restart the Q. So I joined up again, and AGAIN after 1 hour and 10 minutes I got another error. Would have thought errors like these would be fixed during the beta. Joined up in the q again now, only 1135 people to go! However if I know this right I'll get another error when theres 400 people in front of me... PLEASE make free character transfer available from the full servers, you'll be doing us a favour AND your self! Edited by Olekalvo

Grace period for crashes would make this problem even bigger. Now Tomb of Freedom Nadd has a que time of roughly 4 hours (well bull states it is 1h 50 min but after 2 hours I have not moved passed half the que). Think how bad it would be if people crashing would be let back in again without beeing put last in the que...

These exploding threads are already a clear evidence that you failed in the part when you wanted people "to have fun". People are here for hours as they cannot even play the game.

This is bollocks. I have to wait 1h30 minutes to play on Legions of Lettow and this server was (obviously) low population when I created the character. How on earth is that enjoyable? Some people (like me) have only evenings to play the game, so asking to reroll from lvl 20 to lvl 1 on a new server now is unreasonable.

BW, I want free character transfer to a server with no/low queue so I can actually spend my time playing the game and not starring at the queue progress bar. This is silly:mad:

Queues aren't the problem. The problem is the lack of grace period when getting disconnected. After waiting a few hours to connect, disconnecting after a few minutes and having to wait hours AGAIN is not a nice thing.

Agree!

Most stupid things what you done right now is put a players who just disconnecting from server for few seconds (by ISP) in a middle of exp. Flash-point to a queue AGAIN - when whole team WAITING for that player to continue a mission. (happend me right now)

Its too HARD to thing smart and creative making a verry important part of a server system? or its just lack of experience in making MMO games at Bioware team?

Im waiting 40 min to log, after few minutes I join to flash-point group some minutes after my ISP just down my internet connection for a 5 or more seconds.

Game server drop me from game and I just log in a 2 sec again - and so? Im AGAIN in a queue for 40 or more minutes and my group doing flash-point without me and I must start this flash-point AGAIN and AGAIN looking for a group.

- this is stupid and no FUN!

Im not a kid, and after work I have only small time for gaming in a normal day - why I can't play normaly? I have no time for waiting, waiting and makin same things again and again.

Edited by LarenX

I am just as mad as you about the queue times but umm just so you understand this is early access the billing cycle has not even begun yet and you have not received your "product" because it is released the 20th what you are playing now is merely complimentary early access.

Regardless your letter is pointless even if it was launch, plenty of MMOs have queues you can't get your money back because you are still capable of choosing a different server without a queue and playing the game. However this obviously pisses people off and they lose customers like that so the obvious solution is to release new servers and allow free transfers from full servers to those newer ones thus solving the problem.

i payed 5 euro's for this "complementary" acces.....

you did not pay for an early access, that 5$ are from the final prize of the game, you just paid that 5$ before the launching to be sure that you have a copy.

anyways, the queue is outrageous, the explanation is absurd, i have been playing MMO´s for a while, and this is by far the longest queues i have. they are doing an awful job, not only with this problem, but with even other more important, for example my collector´s edition came without a game code, and so far no one have answered me about my code, it´s really annoying, because the 20th is around the corner and i just paid 150$ for a big box with no game code....

Seeing as I was billed for the early access code it would appear you are incorrect.

10.30 i log in with 200 players in queue on freedon nad.

go afk for lunch and get obviously disconnected because i didn't want to macro things to occupy my slot (being honest... what a stupid thing...), discouraged i finally decide to log in at 15.00 and get 2001 players in front of me with an estimated wating time of 2.3h...

at 20.02 i finally log in that means 5h of queue, 5h on an avrage of 16 waking hours a day, one third of my waking ours in a queue.

and we are in early access!!!! what the hell is going to happen when the game is launched? every day more servers cap their populations and every days queues become longer, it's possible that only the preorders can bring this mess? it seems like you have enough slots to accomadate all the preorders and obviously this means that you created this queues in a scientific manner.

what kind of perverse sicence is to make servers explode of players making everyone angry as rabid monkeys and then having to find a creative way to solve the problem with migrations, boosts in servers hardware and so on when you could simply have bigger servers without queues and then after one or two months merge the underpopulated ones? what is more effective?

honestly i'm very disappointed and those words from devs do not make me feel any better, it's complete madness to build an mmo with the aim to have queues, queues should be something exceptional not part of the project! if you forsee a system with 10mins queue you will have servers with 5-6h queues it's so obvious!

i hope you manage to solve all of this asap, if you can tell a good day from the morning i start to think that maya's calendar is pretty much correct!