Lack of alien races

RemVos

What do you mean lack of alien races? Of the 9 races in the game 7 are alien and another one isn't really a separate race. So there is really only 8 races, 7 of which are aliens. So what are you suggesting? They drop humans and go 100% alien?

I'm not saying 100% alien but I would love to have Kiffar in there. I mean it was one of the big reasons why I wanted this game to make a Kiffar character. Also what about the races like what Yoda is, and what Ki Adi Mundi is.

rule of thumb..if it doesn't speak basic..it's NOT going to be a race added.

the voiceovers would not fit a Rodian..for example..so I doubt we'll see them...like Wookies..not happening.

hmm, as fas as I recall, Twileks didn't speak basic back in the Movies but oh well....

Edited by achwas

Which ones are Alien?

Twi'lek and maybe Sith Pureblood? Everything else is a human with:

Green Human(Mirialan)

Blind Human(lolwut Miraluka)

Cyborg(Shame to the person who thought making a slider an entire race was cool, so idiotic)

Horned Human(Zabrak, there's even a human skin so you can look exactly like a human!! yay!!11)

Blue Human(Chiss)

Human!(Human, this one is the most alien:rolleyes:)

Did I miss any? If I did, it's probably another human with a tiny facial difference.

They are separate races even if they only have different skin color.There's a dffierence between being human and being humanoid. Their Physiology could be completely different because they are aliens.

They simply need more of the less obviously-humanoid species in the game. Star Wars, while being a story of good vs evil, is also a story about diversity and working together despite it. Both the Rebellion and the Republic represent this diversity in the face of adversity, and it's a shame our species choices have boiled down to different colored humans.

When it comes to Star Wars, the chiss are my absolute favorite species. Count me among the blessed who had their species of choice featured as playable (despite having to wait for Legacy to play them in the class I wanted to originally); however, judging by this thread and others, there are a lot of people out there who see their favorite species in the game as an NPC, and I can only imagine their frustration.

There are still more than a handful of popular species who fit the developers' extremely narrow definition of what players want to play: togruta, kel dor, nautolan, cathar, bothan, etc.

It's not even that, it's called "limited time and resources." They could have launched the game with 500 playable races, it would have just cost them another million dollars of development money.

There are 10 different races in the game as it is. I'm sorry that the OP's favorite isn't among them, but I'd hardly say the game suffers from a lack.

I disagree. What we essentially have is eight variations of human.

Human---Granted.

Zabrak---Bumpy-headed humans with tattoos on their faces. Film origin.

Chiss---Blue humans. Expanded Universe nonsense.

Miraluka---Humans with doo-rags on their faces. BioWare nonsense.

Cyborg---Why is this a species and not simply a customization option? Film origin.

Mirialian---Green humans with tattoos on their faces. Film origin.

Sith Pureblood--Red humans. Expanded Universe nonsense.

Twi'leks---These are a good inclusion. Film origin.

Meanwhile,some of the really cool, iconic Star Wars species are in the game, but aren't playable. What?

Rodian

Togruta

Duros

Gand

Nautolan

Kel Dor

And on and on. I hope some of them make it into a game update or expansion. The lack of non-human playable species options is my biggest gripe about the game. Who cares about diddling your companion? I want to play something cool!

Edited by RolyartNala

I believe that Aayla Secura speaks to Master Windu in Basic in Episode III but that scene may have been cut.

There's also the twi'lek on Hutta who speaks basic--the one who gives you the "Black Death" mission.

I disagree. What we essentially have is eight variations of human.

Human---Granted.

Zabrak---Bumpy-headed humans with tattoos on their faces. Film origin.

Chiss---Blue humans. Expanded Universe nonsense.

Miraluka---Humans with doo-rags on their faces. BioWare nonsense.

Cyborg---Why is this a species and not simply a customization option? Film origin.

Mirialian---Green humans with tattoos on their faces. Film origin.

Sith Pureblood--Red humans. Expanded Universe nonsense.

Twi'leks---These are a good inclusion. Film origin.

Meanwhile,some of the really cool, iconic Star Wars species are in the game, but aren't playable. What?

Rodian

Togruta

Duros

Gand

Nautolan

Kel Dor

And on and on. I hope some of them make it into a game update or expansion. The lack of non-human playable species options is my biggest gripe about the game. Who cares about diddling your companion? I want to play something cool!

I completely agree!

I was going to say this. If you want to roll a Kiffar, you can just roll a human and give them a tattoo.

There is no tattoo option for humans in character creation. I know I looked

Edited by RemVos
add on

There is no tattoo option in character creation. I know I looked.

QFT

The people saying we just need to apply a tattoo to our characters, not all classes get tattoos.( and even when they do, they dont even look like Qukuuf facial tattoos)

Yeah I can make a nice tanned human male/female with dreadlike/messy hair but still no tattoo so nope no kiffar look, not even the slightest.

Corso Riggs was kiffar too, before the last beta/launch. So they do have (or well more had) kiffar looks ingame.

Old Corso Riggs look

I wanted a Kiffar too but alas I had to settle for a tanned human beauty.

Edited by Kirameki