Marauders and Sents need to be balanced quick

BIackDynamite

I honestly dont feel like playing this game with the current class balance and I know others feel the same way.

Its usually like 5 sents and marauders on each team and I think we already know how OP they are.

Why log on to a broken game?

I will most likely let my subscription end and wait for them to fix the problem before paying for this P o S.

There is just no point paying for a game that is so broken its not fun to play. PvP is a joke.

Who knows how long it will take them to get their head out of their arse...

I honestly dont feel like playing this game with the current class balance and I know others feel the same way.

Its usually like 5 sents and marauders on each team and I think we already know how OP they are.

I will most likely let my subscription end and wait for them to fix the problem before paying for this P o S.

There is just no point paying for a game that is so broken its not fun to play. PvP is a joke.

If you feel that Maras/Sents are OP, then you shouldn't be PvPing. At all. They're damage output was barely buffed. Mostly they just have better overall balance now in favor of them being able to survive like most of the other classes already had. Maras/Sents were absolutely useless before 1.2, unless you were a very good player. Now, they're on par with other classes. But of course, as soon as a class gets buffed and can now actually kill other classes, they must be OP. Learn how to play against them instead of just chalking it up to them being OP. Because let's face it, if a class can kill you it must be OP, right?

It is absolutely ridiculous to allow Carnage to root 3 different ways.

It is absolutely ridiculous to allow Annihilation any kind of self healing.

It is absolutely ridiculous to allow Ravage to hit for as much as it does.

It is absolutely ridiculous to allow 99% mitigation without reducing outgoing damage by also 99% -regardless of cost.

It is absolutely ridiculous to allow 20% mitigation to ALL damage.

It is absolutely ridiculous to allow the class to vanish.

The class is the definition of a massive crutch in PvP. Game designers are bending over backwards to dumb down the class and make it as easy as possible to play.

It is absolutely ridiculous to allow 99% mitigation without reducing outgoing damage by also 99% -regardless of cost.

The class is the definition of a massive crutch in PvP. Game designers are bending over backwards to dumb down the class and make it as easy as possible to play.

This whole game is ridiculous!

Well I am on Jedi Covenent, and its one of the more populated (if not the most) servers out there.

I am going to say that you are first of playing pre-50 PVP, because the republic are still rolling knee deep in Commandos and Sages and Gunslingers... you may get 2 melee on their teams, usally just one. They do JUST FINE. Next, because of the shock value of expertise changes, everyone is rolling a mara to be the FOTM and may even enjoy it before they get to 50... which is EASY with any class if you know what you're doing. Post 50 the game changes entirely and if you seeing more than 3 sents ot Mara's in a pvp group its going to be pre 50 (exceptions not with standing)

Edited by Blloodbane

Over blown and way misinformed.. and you blending 2 skill trees....love how you list everything together and not define the sperate trees.

1. Three roots? Excuse me we technically have ZERO, but 2 abilties can be specced to root, Ravage and Deadly Throw. Are you thinking of Force Choke as a root?

2. Anhilation's healing is not THAT good, contrary to what you think.

3. Ravage hits for a max of 4.7K over 3 seconds and can only root if you are a Carnage and spec in to the root. BTW, the Mara also has to sit there to finish it, they cant move or they interupt their own ability, hence why many GOOD players pop off a KB (which Maras have no KB, Push or Pull ability)

4. Undying Rage is 5 seconds... Ummm you do know its not god mode, you can stun, root, or *gasp* move away.

5. I suppose no other classes have damage mitigation (Agent/Smuggler anyone) in medium armor or less and is DPS oriented?

6. Oh you're talking about force camo a 4 second combat withdraw that can be hunted down easily if you know how to do it?

Really? Seriously? Want to go down this route... Gunslingers and their mirror have MORE roots and Snares, plus the cover, Plus a KB ability, plus the healing that makes anhilation healing look like a joke and they can stay ranged too and lets not forget steath too!! OMG!!! :rolleyes:

I am going to guess you play a squishy...

Edited by Blloodbane

Over blown and way misinformed.. and you blending 2 skill trees....love how you list everything together and not define the sperate trees.

1. Three roots? Excuse me we technically have ZERO, but 2 abilties can be specced to root, Ravage and Deadly Throw. Are you thinking of Force Choke as a root?

2. Anhilation's healing is not THAT good, contrary to what you think.

3. Ravage hits for a max of 4.7K over 3 seconds and can only root if you are a Carnage and spec in to the root.

4. Undying Rage is 5 seconds... Ummm you do know its not god mode, you can stun, root, or *gasp* move away.

5. I suppose no other classes have damage mitigation (Agent/Smuggler anyone) in medium armor or less and is DPS oriented?

6. Oh you're talking about force camo a 4 second combat withdraw that can be hunted down easily if you know how to do it?

Really? Seriously? Want to go down this route... Gunslingers and their have MORE roots and Snare plus the cover plus the healing that makjes anhilation healing look like a joke and they can stay ranged too...

I am going to guess you play a squishy...

Actually we do have ONE root as a base ability, force leap procs a 1 sec root that can be used VERY effectively.

People think of undying rage as antifun because they want to kill sents 1v2 every time.

Ravage I don't even care about, I'm watchman spec and they could make normal damage interrupt that ability for all I care, I just use it on morons that don't move.

We do have more damage mitigation abilities than any other class in the game, that's what I like with the class, it's like playing a DPS oriented paladin that actually WORKS.

What people are whining about is that apparently camo removes roots, it doesn't do that for me but hey! I'm sure some spec allows you to do that.

And lastly, gunslingers have no healing, get your facts straight. They ARE however the class you want to play if you want to eat Marauders alive, but noone apparently realizes this, level 50 or otherwise.

There is no other redeeming value to the tree. Remove this, and you've removed the viability of the tree.

The tree gives up reliable burst in order to have this self healing to enter a sustain-fight style. Remove this, and the tree isn't viable.

Eh, it was a useless skill before, now it's useful. It's also THREE seconds where you can easily counter it. Hint: Walk away or stun.

This removes the entire point of the skill reducing it to the single use of surviving if you have a healer. Root and walk away.

We're forced to stay in melee range at all costs. I played sentinel before they had this, it was bad. However, just use a 4s stun, wait one global after the stun runs out, and poof, it's gone.

Again, a class that is forced to stay in melee. Without this and GBTF, it's kill on sight, there's no thought process behind target priorities when there's a sentinel around, just kill them outright. Play the class a bit, and you'll see that "ridiculous" is just your way of raging.

How to kill a Marauder/Sentinel: (Sinse you're complaining I'm going to guess you're a Sorc. If not then you just do not know how to play)

(Madness build)

-Force Lightning until they jump on you like a rabid kangaroo.

-Death Field with death mark proc (try to get some other people in that deathfield too.. you'll heal up that damage the kangaroo did to you when he pounced on you)

-Overload ( to put some distance between you )

-Crushing Darkness (it'll be instant if Wrath proc'd)

-Affliction

-Creeping Terrors

-Static Barrier

-Electrocute

-medpack (What? you don't buy or craft medpacks.. lol, you're new here aren't you)

-Shock

-Forcelightning

= Dead roughly 3 to 5 seconds

Do not rely on standard rotation of skills. Have a rotation for each class as well as a general rotation. I'm not going to attempt to put distance between me and another ranged dps. It's a wast of time.

There is only one class that can 1v1 me when I play my Sorc and that's a Smuggler/Operative.

Only sentinels and marauders think the class is fine.

I wonder why.

Only people who don't play the class or didn't understand the class (and likely still don't) think the class is stronger now than pre-1.2. We were more valuable to a team before 1.2. Sure, we hit a little harder now, but it came at a huge cost to utility.

Beyond that, like 99% of the QQ, the mara/sent QQ says "NERF THIS NAO!" and they don't even consider what happens after that nerf hits. See: nerfing our defensive cooldowns.

Edited by Apocalypse-

Actually we do have ONE root as a base ability, force leap procs a 1 sec root that can be used VERY effectively.

People think of undying rage as antifun because they want to kill sents 1v2 every time.

Ravage I don't even care about, I'm watchman spec and they could make normal damage interrupt that ability for all I care, I just use it on morons that don't move.

We do have more damage mitigation abilities than any other class in the game, that's what I like with the class, it's like playing a DPS oriented paladin that actually WORKS.

What people are whining about is that apparently camo removes roots, it doesn't do that for me but hey! I'm sure some spec allows you to do that.

And lastly, gunslingers have no healing, get your facts straight. They ARE however the class you want to play if you want to eat Marauders alive, but noone apparently realizes this, level 50 or otherwise.

Oh I did forget the force charge root... and can be specced to hold a little longer... so they do have one root, the other 2 roots can only be specced in to high in the carnage tree.

ok the healing on gunslingers... not sure.. I seen the hat and the coat and a gun and see them run around shooting and stunning... I think the ability is called HOT, some kind of on the run heal they can spam.

Oh I did forget the force charge root... and can be specced to hold a little longer... so they do have one root, the other 2 roots can only be specced in to high in the carnage tree.

ok the healing on gunslingers... not sure.. I seen the hat and the coat and a gun and see them run around shooting and stunning... I think the ability is called HOT, some kind of on the run heal they can spam.

Hat, coat, running, stunning, healing? That's a Scoundrel, not a Gunslinger.

We're forced to stay in melee range at all costs. I played sentinel before they had this, it was bad. However, just use a 4s stun, wait one global after the stun runs out, and poof, it's gone.

If Marauders didn't have one of the highest damage outputs of any AC, I would agree that this is a sensible counter.

If the Marauder doesn't break the CC, you haven't actually gained anything. You've halted combat for 4s. The best use of a stun is when you can actually damage them while it's on. Given that most classes don't have equal DPS to Marauders, I'd say you haven't gained anything by doing that. They've lost a cooldown which was, at worst, going to help them win, not be the overriding factor that makes them win.

What if the Marauder breaks the CC? If they've applied a snare to you (and why wouldn't they, they have a 12s slow with no cooldown), you'll still have to be walking slowly away, all the while they are putting out more DPS than than most classes could muster, even if you weren't busy NOT attacking them to let the cloak of pain fade. By the time their cloak does fade, you'll be too far down in Health to make a reasonable recovery.

Or do you apply another CC (if you're lucky enough to have multiple instant CCs)? That's an equally bad idea. As soon as that ends, they'll be full resolve, and only to happy to finally use their leap to get in close, and dish out more damage than you could, without fear of being knocked back or further CC'd.

Yes, I have a marauder. And I'm not bad. And as far as I can see, in any situtation where you try and circumvent a Marauder, when they are played well they have tools to deal with it. The same is not the case for anyone dealing with a marauder in it's current state.

Oh, and before you get in with the whole "But the Marauder might not have all his abilities off cooldown". Well their opponent might not have a stun off cooldown either. Or some other "vital" ability.

Yeah, just to clear a couple things up first, Gunslingers can not heal, nor can they stealth. That is a Scoundrel you're thinking of.

Second, I play a Scoundrel, yes a squishy Scoundrel with thin armor and precious few defenses. I don't play any force user classes higher than level 15 or so, and I say Marauders and Sentinels are fine. Do they do massive damage? Hell yeah, but it seems to me that's what they are supposed to. They are the only class I really worry about in close quarters. When they are not around, I can pretty much rip people apart at close range with impunity. However, when Marauders/Sentinels show up, I really need to be on my guard, as they can rip to me shreds in seconds. I call that pretty balanced, in my opinion.

Like another said before, get a good ranged class focused on them, like a Gunslinger, and they go down pretty quick. All classes have their strengths and weaknesses, you just have to hope your team has the proper class composition and knowledge to counter the enemy, it's that simple.

Edited by Supernautilus

They think they are just way better players and everyone else needs to l2p. It's an ego thing.

I think it may be a gear issue. I used to have problems with them until I started getting my Battlemaster gear. Now I destroy Marauders/Sentinels. It's a challenge but I do not think they are OP. I think it is all very well balanced and people do not need to just learn to play but all learn to play as a team. Having a game plan is better than no plan at all. I have lost many WZs because people refuse to play as a team. No-one wins by playing the lone hero.

Only sentinels and marauders think the class is fine.

I wonder why.

Maybe because they see not only strenghts, but weakness of their class too?

I laugh at every single "mara/sent are OP after 1.2 patch" because spec most marauders use (annihilation) was nerfed hard - removal of 80% run speed predation and 100% damage mitigation from force camo is a serious nerf. Additionaly, removal of quick recovery talent nerfed them too (not much, but still). Ravage buff is meaningless, because annihilation spec rarely use it - in its previous form it was a dps loss to use it (because it is not building rage/fury). There were no other changes to this tree.

Question - if you think marauders are OP, why didnt you cry for nerf at the relase of the game? They were (anni spec) stronger than now, much stronger even, because of bug in their talent tree, that instead of increasing crit damage of their dots just increased their dots damage. But to make things funnier, marauders were considered weakest class in game then.

Maybe because they see not only strenghts, but weakness of their class too?

I laugh at every single "mara/sent are OP after 1.2 patch" because spec most marauders use (annihilation) was nerfed hard - removal of 80% run speed predation and 100% damage mitigation from force camo is a serious nerf. Additionaly, removal of quick recovery talent nerfed them too (not much, but still). Ravage buff is meaningless, because annihilation spec rarely use it - in its previous form it was a dps loss to use it (because it is not building rage/fury). There were no other changes to this tree.

Question - if you think marauders are OP, why didnt you cry for nerf at the relase of the game? They were (anni spec) stronger than now, much stronger even, because of bug in their talent tree, that instead of increasing crit damage of their dots just increased their dots damage. But to make things funnier, marauders were considered weakest class in game then.

Careful, using logic has the side effect of scaring them off.

If you feel that Maras/Sents are OP, then you shouldn't be PvPing. At all. They're damage output was barely buffed. Mostly they just have better overall balance now in favor of them being able to survive like most of the other classes already had. Maras/Sents were absolutely useless before 1.2, unless you were a very good player. Now, they're on par with other classes. But of course, as soon as a class gets buffed and can now actually kill other classes, they must be OP. Learn how to play against them instead of just chalking it up to them being OP. Because let's face it, if a class can kill you it must be OP, right?

"abosutely useless before 1.2"!?

Bwahahahaa! You're kidding right? I could burn down BM geared players in my dailies modded pve gear pre 1.2 with my Sent alt. and no, I'm not good a good Sentinel player by any stretch.

I will agree though that Sent/Mara are fine atm. The problem stems from the across the board dps increases many classes have seen, which Sent/Mara befitted greatly from, since they already dps well. Add in the nerfs to heals, and you wind up with an already good class that performs even better.

There was nothing wrong with dps Sorcs before 1.2, but the QQ brigade kept up the pressure until they got what they wanted. The same will happen to Sent/Mara. It's inevitable, unless BW scales back the TTK and ups healing a bit.

I play a level 50 BM Marauder, and to everyone who says, oh yeah, they burn us to shreds in a couple of seconds, that's the freaking point of our class. A good marauder will never full on charge into a battle, no if we did that, we would get focused and go down in 2 seconds. A marauder needs to pick his targets carefully, and for me, that usually is either the sages without the bubbles healing in the back or a target with >1/2 HP left. Yeah, it ain't too hard to burn those targets down when your class is designed for massive DPS, no group survivability. Our name should be turned to "assassin" if you truly think about it, because there's no way we are going to win without heal/guard on a 3v1, as many people claim they can.