The end of the arguement. Is SWTOR in decline? Can it be saved?

Sheff

In other words, we are stating what we see based on factual data, your are declaring to be true and absolute what you personally feel to be true.

Seems to be a common theme in these games and threads. ;p

I live too long on this world and played too many games before to believe this "factual" data when my eyes see completely diffrent - by the way I didn't say subs are decreasing. I said that active players number is going downhill with epic speed. Also when I give examples from the past (Age of Conan? Warhammer Online? Anyone got lightbulbs over their heads? No?) I'm considered hater, troll, antifan. O rly?

Please be yesman elsewhere, beyond my favourite hobby especialy if it features my favourite universe. (see analogy? same as "you don't like - go away")

Edited by Marrond

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See ya next year when the game is still floating just fine! ;)

Excuse me? Can you please elaborate a bit more why you're anticipating my arrival at 2013?

Your sentence was a bit....confusing and not very clear.

Thank you.

Edited by Samvan

Cause I'm not paying for the game anymore, yet I'm still here.

Ha Ha.

Do you get it? I can do whatever I like to, unless its inappropriate, until my subscription runs out.

Sorry to break it to y'all but I'll be here for another 30 days and there's actually nothing you guys can do about it.

I think he got that bit. What is puzzling is WHY you would want to sit around on the boards of a game you apparently dislike and pester people? It does seem a bit, well, silly. But you're right, you absolutely have the right to do that.

*plonk* <----That's what I can do about it. :)

Edited by DieAlteHexe

I think he got that bit. What is puzzling is WHY you would want to sit around on the boards of a game you apparently dislike and pester people? It does seem a bit, well, silly. But you're right, you absolutely have the right to do that.

*plonk*

Sir, do you actually read MY posts or do you just read the posts of the people arguing against me?

Cause I have absolutely explained this and I recommend you either reading, or re-reading my posts before you ask the same question.

Thank you my dear german friend.

Yeah I will say this; BioWare needs to shut off forum access the moment people cancel because all they are going to do is troll and disrupt the forums.

Nah, they don't need to do that. People see them for what they are and are not at all convinced of their hyperbolic rhetoric.

Nah, they don't need to do that. People see them for what they are and are not at all convinced of their hyperbolic rhetoric.

And there's always the /ignore feature. I've taken to using it liberally lately. Interestingly it's not all that many people, just the same ones over and over. Once on /ignore it makes most discussions much more pleasant.

Well if you looked closer in all this QQ you would figure out one basic thing. The most complain is "why it isn't WoW". The game offers completely diffrent game design and mechanics, just like GW1 did back then - and yet GW2 is completely diffrent from GW1.

Now you might say - "yet you are complaing why SWTOR isn't WoW too". I don't want it to be WoW - I personally don't like nor play WoW. Yet both games in terms of game mechanics are mostly the SAME, yet SWTOR is missing a lot content which in my and many others opinion would make game better. SWTOR is ok as long as you're planning play it only in a short run. After that stairs appears.

You guys say game is ok, I say it SHOULD be better. You say WoW had back then same problems - I say we have 2012 and situation of WoW back then is nowhere near to situation of SWTOR now. You say BW stated there's 1,7m subs - I say what I see in game. You say SWTOR won't die - this is one thing I can agree with you, because even if game would be far worse than it is, hardcore SW/BW/EA fans would keep it alive anyway and I am sadly one of them (SW fan[atic]). All I don't understand is this global "yesman" attitude in common.

Well I don't understand EA haters so we are even.

But keep in mind that GW and GW2 can sell a box and that person never has to log in and they are counted Arenanet never has to lift a finger to further their success. BioWare has to work for it every day with a very large and very well financed lobbying group that wants to see any BioWare product fail.

I have stood in lines at SDCC/PAX Prime and seen people give Daniel Erickson and Stephen Reid the finger as they walked by and shout insults that would make a priest Kick your butt. I hear people talk about typical gamers and I have to explain to them that those aren't gamers they are bitter trolls with an agenda.

I'm far from a yesman, I have many rants on this forum about the sound and bugs, I want to see the game do better too...but I'm not going to behave like a jerk doing it.

But you haven't even asked why I'm dissatisfied. You're instead arguing that I have no rights to be here and I have no rights to make my voice heard since I'm "attacking" the game, which I am definitely not.....just criticising it. As far as I know, criticising a game without any personal insults are allowed.

Are we now going to move to the passive aggressive game, where one declines to admit the action once cited for such, then proceed to accuse the other of the behavior? This was your first post. There was no need to ask since you presented a declaration, then proceeded to shout that you would continue to do so.

This game has hit the iceberg.

We should all bail out before it sinks!

TORTanic here we come.

Nothing more or less transpired here, and luckily, due to the written word the conversation can not be convoluted and twisted in the intended manner.

Had you posted logical argument backed up with factual data, past experience, even anecdotal evidence, that evidence, and not your attitude would have come into question and there in is where they debate would lay. You did not, and now you are attempting to accuse me of behaving in a childish manner now that your behavior has been called out. That tactic works only when two are exchanging words, not when there is a trail of written evidence. ;p

Well I don't understand EA haters so we are even.

I understand EA haters - what they did to WHO is UNACCEPTABLE. What they're doing to their other games is unacceptable too. They're making good games overall but they didn't learn yet that if game went to shops already and it's not polished/finished they will have to do this after release which seems to hurt them very, very much because they're avoiding it as hell. There are so many examples of this. The one why I might hate them is what they did to BF series for example. BF2 was patched properly few years after release. BF3 is over half year after release yet still they can't patch some basic issues and bugs. It's very wide story for another topic - although it's acceptable (which should be anyway) in SP, MP games in one or the other way, it's completely unacceptable in MMO market.

And there's always the /ignore feature. I've taken to using it liberally lately. Interestingly it's not all that many people, just the same ones over and over. Once on /ignore it makes most discussions much more pleasant.

Yes Ignore is a wonderful thing.

And yes it is the same fifteen people...the odd thing is some of the names change but the over all writing styles are almost identical.

/tinfoilhat

And yes it is the same fifteen people...the odd thing is some of the names change but the over all writing styles are almost identical.

/tinfoilhat

Ive noticed this also. I also notice they have no real complaints. Its always generalized "I dont like this". They expect a complete re-write of the game from the ground up. All to keep that little $15. Also it is ego. This person is telling Bioware "You dont know who I am!". They are right we dont know and honestly dont care. Its one person out of millions.

/tinfoilhat

I hadn't noticed...unless you mean the SHOUTING bits and those tend to just go in one eye and out the...wait, that doesn't work...I pay them very little attention.

I really enjoy a good debate but man, some of these folk aren't in the least bit interested in debate or discussion, they just want to SHOUT.

Ugh.

I told a bit of a fib earlier, we DID loose one person. I'd forgotten, her puter melted and she's not yet gotten a new one and has no time frame of when she will. :(

Had you posted logical argument backed up with factual data, past experience, even anecdotal evidence, that evidence, and not your attitude would have come into question and there in is where they debate would lay. You did not

Oh believe me dear Blackardin, believe me that I've tried.

Ever heard of Horrid FPS? I have aswell made topics about my issues with a good tone, with results of being attacked. What my first post did was nothing insulting.

I reported that in my eyes the game is sinking, warning other people to evacuate before it sinks. Nothing less and nothing more. Please explain how that is offending, it's not.

and now you are attempting to accuse me of behaving in a childish manner now that your behavior has been called out. That tactic works only when two are exchanging words, not when there is a trail of written evidence. ;p

This is very wrong, now you're certainly assuming things. Please quote me where I used the terms "childish" "kiddy behaviour" as a personal attack towards you. No, there is nothing. Infact there have been attacks towards me claiming that my posts and "opinions" are childish.

I haven't personally insulted anyone, infact I've had a very good tone and been a very nice guy :)

Edited by Samvan

But keep in mind that GW and GW2 can sell a box and that person never has to log in and they are counted Arenanet never has to lift a finger to further their success. BioWare has to work for it every day with a very large and very well financed lobbying group that wants to see any BioWare product fail.

You're completely missing the point with this post. Arenanet doesn't get any money if players play or not - if players are not playing it's even better for them (less cost to keep up servers running). They only get money from retail box (which was little over half price of SWTOR to be precise) - and BW got outrageous of money from retail boxes + subscribers. Even when subscribers don't play. BW has to work hard everyday to keep that subscribers in place if they want BONUS money.

Oh believe me dear Blackardin, believe me that I've tried.

Ever heard of Horrid FPS? I have aswell made topics about my issues with a good tone, with results of being attacked. What my first post did was nothing insulting.

I reported that in my eyes the game is sinking, warning other people to evacuate before it sinks. Nothing less and nothing more. Please explain how that is offending, it's not.

This is very wrong, now you're certainly assuming things. Please quote me where I used the terms "childish" "kiddy behaviour" as a personal attack towards you. No, there is nothing. Infact there have been attacks towards me claiming that my posts and "opinions" are childish.

I haven't personally insulted anyone, infact I've had a very good tone and been a very nice guy :)

You have been posting for about 5 pages now? I must say, You have one and one only statement right? If somone reads all your posts right now I think people would consider you Self centerd.

You got you'r 30 days game time, we get it. You wanna stay here for 30 days?

I understand EA haters - what they did to WHO is UNACCEPTABLE. What they're doing to their other games is unacceptable too. They're making good games overall but they didn't learn yet that if game went to shops already and it's not polished/finished they will have to do this after release which seems to hurt them very, very much because they're avoiding it as hell. There are so many examples of this. The one why I might hate them is what they did to BF series for example. BF2 was patched properly few years after release. BF3 is over half year after release yet still they can't patch some basic issues and bugs. It's very wide story for another topic - although it's acceptable (which should be anyway) in SP, MP games in one or the other way, it's completely unacceptable in MMO market.

What they did or do is no different than what Activision or any other publisher dose, there are no "good guy" mega corp publishers...I know because I have consulted for three devlopers in my lifetime and if money didn't matter and they had creative freedom we would all be better off; yet the business isn't like that and it is a business.

I could care less who is publishing If a game is fun to me I buy it and play it until it's no longer fun because I am a gamer, not a wall street speculator or a Armchair developer. if a developer screws up I vote with my wallet and they never hear from me again, because my lack of financial support and silence speaks louder than any forum rant.

There are hundreds of thousands of self important forum lobbyist, some of which actually get paid to be so; and I want be so hypocritical to hate one company that is no different from ever other one.

"Want" and "want".

I'll use it because it's been given free. Do you always refuse free food if it's not toxic/disgusting?

So...you eat toxic/disgusting food then is that what you are implying with all this? Don't get it.

Guild name, officers, web site, constitution. The corporation did, in fact, move in its entirety. Losing a few players has no bearing on that. Would Walmart be insighting hyperbole if they moved their entire operation from Boston to Toledo if they lost a few employees in the process?

You have done well to demonstrate my point there, skip. *sigh*

They would if they implied with hypebol that they didn't yes, skip. :)

Edited by Goretzu