For the love of the Force, add a global search to the AH

Amnolith

The auction house or Galactic trading thing is the most unfriendly UI I have seen in the game.

Every other part of the game feels smooth and simple and intuitive besides this one.

I sincerely hope that you are actively working on letting us do a search for items without having to drill down tree menus as this is honestly ridiculous. Not sure who thought this was a great usability feature but honestly it is so frustrating that I don t think I will bother touching the AH until it is fixed.

Its like wanting to do a search on ebay for Bacon and having to drill through:

- 1st menu: FOOD

- 2nd Menu: ANIMAL PRODUCT

- 3rd Menu: PORK

- 4th Menu: FRIED COOKING

then have to press SEARCH

honestly...this is not intuitive or user friendly. You GOT to improve your AH

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its like wanting to do a search on ebay for Bacon and having to drill through:

- 1st menu: FOOD

- 2nd Menu: ANIMAL PRODUCT

- 3rd Menu: PORK

- 4th Menu: FRIED COOKING

then have to press SEARCH

honestly...this is not intuitive or user friendly. You GOT to improve your AH

Its worse than that. Once you hit search, you get everything from Pork Cracklins to Sausage links, to Fried Ham Slices @ 10 results per page.

THEN you can narrow the search to "bacon".

Why? So people can load up the servers by doing a global search? C'mon now, the way they have it works just fine. Yes, it's a bit more work, but there's no reason for a "global search". You should know what you're looking for to begin with.

Yeah. That's what we're asking for.

If I know I want "Nylasteel", then I should be able to just search for "Nylasteel" without having to jump through half a dozen hoops.

It just doesn't make sense the way it is.

It just doesn't make sense the way it is.

No, it makes perfect sense the way that it is, just not to you.

Go into the auction house

Fill out a couple dropdowns

search

This, opposed to doing a global search which is going to let every kid in the world load the servers down incessantly. Yeah, I'll take the way they have it now. Inconvenience? Hardly. I was able to find everything I was looking for within 30 seconds or less.

Inconvenience? Hardly. I was able to find everything I was looking for within 30 seconds or less.

Yeah, and if there was a global search, I could find the exact item I need in < 5 seconds.

Open AH, right click item, search. click buy, and have my item while you're still faffing about with a drop down menu.

There is no honest way to defend that UI...if you like to drill down several drop downs and spend 30 seconds to be able to find a single item then maybe you are a masochist.

Since I am new at this game I have no idea what some objects and items are...especially what category or classification they are under. Now that I am learning crew skill I need to get items to make other items. If I am asked to provide something called "A regulator" i would expect to go to an auction house and search directly for "regulator"...instead of having to know what classification, product, type, origin, date of production, radiation type, material, field generator, converter system it is under.

This is one of the key player-on-player features within an mmo. You are passively interacting with more players when you us the GTN than at an y other time. This experience needs to be made to be positively encouraging otherwise as many others have said people will just vendor istead to save what they perceive to be an unneccessary pain in the butt.