The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Healing, definately out of control at the moment. need some sort of check on them

Kracin

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's pathetic that a balanced team of 1-2 tanks, 4 dps, and 1-2 healers will lose 70% of warzones to a 3 healer, 3 tank, 2 dps team. That's a grossly overpopulated team that shouldn't dominate warzones. I'd attribute the effectiveness of this strategy more to the current warzone designs that include fast respawns, and survivability/node spamming > all.

This game really needs a bigger more spacey warzone with less reliance on your ability to simply stand and survive on a node for as long as possible (i.e. alterac valley or arathi basin, before you say AB is like civil war, AB is bigger and has 5 nodes where a tank/heals exclusive team would get way too spread out and probably won't be able to respond as fast as your able to turtle a node in civil war). Novare is a step in the right direction, but it's still too small.

Excuse me if 75% of my isn't tanks/heals. Guess I'm outta luck?

With three available roles: DPS, Tank and Healer, I expect a balanced 8-person team to contain 2-3 of each role (2.667 of each role, to be exact), not the heavily-weighted group you describe above. That may work in PvE, where encounters are static and can be tuned for a specific make-up. But in PvP, where both sides are chosen by players, I would aim for an even spread of all roles.

Edited by signahead

after a long night of pvp. premade and solo, i ran into countless groups of healspam teams.

these teams didn't have the dps to down anyone quickly, but rather outlasted the entire opposing team through crosshealing,

last game i played was 3 dedicated healers and 3 off healer. and by off healer, i mean there are 3 dps specced sage/operatives that will spam their heals onto healer to keep them up in between AOE stunning the enemy team. unless you have a team full of geared out dps there is almost no way to focus all of the healers down while they sit there and chain heal each other around a node while spamming knockbacks, stuns, while their 2-3 dps run wild the whole match getting heals from 2-3 people at at ime because everybody is tossing hots out constantly.

something needs to happen.. either mitigate the healing done by a dps spec severely to make sure that there are no super hybrid healers running around cross healing just to outlast people. or **** it, nerf the healing even more. after all of the problems with overpowered healing, it is even more of a problem now with hybrid specs that will off heal healers on the side to keep them alive long enough for them to outlive your stuns/inturrupts in the fray. making it damn near impossible to kill any of them fast enough to make a difference.

anyone else run into this lately?

This is why all the healers got nerfed in 1.2

And now your complaining that they adapted?

For the first time in my life... L2P

The healers here saying they were nerfed or healing has changed in 1.2 really need to learn to play or actually spec for healing now and not just have a dps build with a little healing. if you spec for healing and survival and gear yourself for the healing and survival you are going to be very close to un-killable by bad players and teams who do not focus and use CC properly. I have to hand it to Bioware for pvp in 1.2. Team v team format now needing much more skill and teamwork than before was suprising. The divide between bad players and good players has increased a ton since 1.2, reading these and class forums have shown it. Maybe some should think about returning to WoW or Hello Kitty Island instead of wasting time posting on the forums. As a heal spec operative it pretty easy to 3v1 bad players who do not look at buffs and watch cast bars. PvP is already easy with tab targeting, heaven forbid you actually have to learn other class ability animations, cast times, and buff symbols. Its also seems its too complex for some to put cast bars in the middle of their UI and use interupts. Really hope bioware does not listen to bad players who should not even be on a pvp server to begin with.

You have no clue for someone who is so proud of his game play. 5 matches into 1.2 with the best gear and considered a top healer, I was being disposed of in under 8 seconds. I could not heal party members because they were dieing in under 3 secs . Possibly healing is not as bad as stated but then that would make dps way over the top since 1.2. My guess is it is a combination of both. Gear is not the cause for healers doing poorly in WZ's. It is the non ability to survive , cross heal, or heal party members to bring a long balanced battle to an end. There is no excuse to cripple healers because a few players have the mentality that healers should always stink, and dps reign in every game. If you were truly the legend in your own mind, you would realize how integril good healing is to a balanced fight. You should have used that skill to win in WZ not QQ about healers.

No rated team worth their salt is going to bring more than 2 healers, and one of those might even be a hybrid. Expertise favoring damage done ensured that.

I highly doubt any ranked team would bring even 1 healer at this stage. Healers are nothing but a liability to your team now. You would be best off with 8 powerhouse dps. :rolleyes:

I think the problem is PuG groups & not being able to communicate efficiently. I was on a alderaan warzone fighting against a team that had 5 healers and lets just say we couldn't kill anyone. Now if we had the ability to coordinate and communicate better, then we could have put up a better fight. It's very difficult when you get on a team of 8 in a PuG with no voice chat whatsoever. typing commands takes time away from objectives, people don't want to listen to typed commands & then you get people who want to run off and do what they want to do instead of playing as a team. Thats why it's better to roll with guildmates in teams of 4 with voice chats. I honestly can't wait till we can Que with teams of 8. I'm interested to see what new problems come up when you have full 8man premades. Until then we just play the hand we're dealt and do the best you can. On a side note i would be indifferent to diminishing return healing for example city of heroes has a diminishing return system in which you get healed less and less over a short period of time. Would you think a diminishing return healing system would be stupid? What do you think about the stealth nerf to medpacks to 1 heal per fight.

after a long night of pvp. premade and solo, i ran into countless groups of healspam teams.

these teams didn't have the dps to down anyone quickly, but rather outlasted the entire opposing team through crosshealing,

last game i played was 3 dedicated healers and 3 off healer. and by off healer, i mean there are 3 dps specced sage/operatives that will spam their heals onto healer to keep them up in between AOE stunning the enemy team. unless you have a team full of geared out dps there is almost no way to focus all of the healers down while they sit there and chain heal each other around a node while spamming knockbacks, stuns, while their 2-3 dps run wild the whole match getting heals from 2-3 people at at ime because everybody is tossing hots out constantly.

something needs to happen.. either mitigate the healing done by a dps spec severely to make sure that there are no super hybrid healers running around cross healing just to outlast people. or **** it, nerf the healing even more. after all of the problems with overpowered healing, it is even more of a problem now with hybrid specs that will off heal healers on the side to keep them alive long enough for them to outlive your stuns/inturrupts in the fray. making it damn near impossible to kill any of them fast enough to make a difference.

Don't you know, healing is dead in 1.2.

:D

ROFL.

No, just no.

Lets go into the wonderful world of Crowd Control, otherwise known as CC. Within the mechanics of this game we call Star Wars there exists abilities that keep other players, "the enemies", from doing anything for a short while. Unless its some ability like AWE, or Flash grenade.. that **** lasts for like 8 seconds.

You dont know what abilities do, but you discuss balance..... yeah....

I think we got ourselves a comedian.

You are aware that for PvP to even work that players have to die right? I mean, you DO know that right?

That's the role of DPS. Healers, on the other hand, try to put that off as long as they can.

You're wrong. PvP doesn't mean anything has to die, all it means is "player versus player" as in it can be anything competitive that pits one person against the other.

You're wrong. PvP doesn't mean anything has to die, all it means is "player versus player" as in it can be anything competitive that pits one person against the other.

Quoted for truth. There are too many people out there that believe that massive amounts of death make for enjoyable PvP, or "just" PvP for that matter, when it couldn't be further from the truth. The purpose of PvP is to engage players vs other players competitively. Deaths and kills aren't necessary unless it's an objective-based PvP system, where one team needs to eventually kill their opponent, or die by their opponents hand, so that the team has an opportunity to fulfill the objective.

Personally, I like games that have very little death, so that when, no if, you kill someone, it's an achievement. Furthermore, if you kill someone in a rated system that is ranked higher than you, it means even more. Less deaths builds value of for your toon. I find SWTOR to be just a "fun" game to play, rather than a true test of skill on the PvP field. Too many deaths builds an overall apathy to death, and people end up not caring anymore if they die. It diminishes the accomplishments of a player that can truly, and consistently, kill someone, or better yet, kill someone without being killed themself. Too many deaths ruins the game overall, because then it starts to become just a zerg-fest, or dps-fest. Can that style be fun? Sure, seeing big numbers on the screen can be fun at times, but fun can also be in the form of fighting/attacking for 15 minutes straight (the full duration of a wz) because you know how to manage the strengths and weaknesses of your toon well enough to prevent your death. I'd rather choose the latter.

Healing's almost useless in this game- with short spawn timers, damage dealers can just get back into the fight quick if they die. Also, most objectives rely on your team being able to kill very fast. Healers do indeed stall other teams while you're defending- but on the attack a healer is nearly useless compared to a dps- whereas a dps doesn't become less effective while defending a node.

Basically- they've made it so dps can win attack and defense, and healers can stall defense but not win on attack- and even then, to stay alive as a healer you need a cluster of healers, tanks to keep you up, and to be fighting bads.

Unlike the healer-mains in this thread upset they can only 1v3 dps now, yes this is a well-known issue and bioware is slowly nerfing heals to bring them in line with the rest of us.

I know just how OP healing has been since release (in pvp) and I won't play a healer for that reason (did, was bored/disgusted by it, quit playing it).

The healers here saying they were nerfed or healing has changed in 1.2 really need to learn to play or actually spec for healing now and not just have a dps build with a little healing. if you spec for healing and survival and gear yourself for the healing and survival you are going to be very close to un-killable by bad players and teams who do not focus and use CC properly. I have to hand it to Bioware for pvp in 1.2. Team v team format now needing much more skill and teamwork than before was suprising. The divide between bad players and good players has increased a ton since 1.2, reading these and class forums have shown it. Maybe some should think about returning to WoW or Hello Kitty Island instead of wasting time posting on the forums. As a heal spec operative it pretty easy to 3v1 bad players who do not look at buffs and watch cast bars. PvP is already easy with tab targeting, heaven forbid you actually have to learn other class ability animations, cast times, and buff symbols. Its also seems its too complex for some to put cast bars in the middle of their UI and use interupts. Really hope bioware does not listen to bad players who should not even be on a pvp server to begin with.

slightly off topic here but tab targeting in this game is absolutely useless.

Just 2 weeks ago people were ************ how nerfed healers were....you guys need to get your stories straight.

Is this a Joke, when the healer is focus fired the QQ rains about how fast the team dies. if the team has no healer when the que drops, the QQ is legendary because they drop like flies. what the OP is suggesting is nerfing the healers even more? with the expertise change dps'ers are much more potent, after 1.2 i have noticed a def change in my abilities to effectivley keep people up. I love healing but i think the OP is wrong about nerfing us even more.