Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Does anyone still play scrappers?

Coyotecalls

Lethality is actually really strong now.

I would recommend checking it out if you don't think scrapper/concealment is living up to what you think it should.

How exactly has Lethality/Dirty Fighting gotten any stronger? Lingering Toxins/Nice Try is only a small improvement that shouldn't be making that much of a difference.

Or did you mean that Lethality has gotten stronger in comparison to Scrapper/Concealment?

I haven't played Lethality since 1.2 but I always thought it hadn't changed much. If it really is strong now I need to check it out... But I kind of doubt it.

Still slogging along with my scrapper... it's a PITA, but after something of 24 days worth of /played time, I really don't have it in me to re-roll, re-grind, and re-gear. I manage to do well enough in warzones, but only because I only queue with my guild, and we generally know each other well enough to pull it off. In a PUG setting? Forget it. Scrapper doesn't have enough mobility to carry a bad team like other classes do. It really and truly is a support class at this point in time.

Dont take to much advice from these forums, people are just terrible and then cry on the forum, I still wreck wz on my scrapper, yeah its a little clunky with the backblast change but I still wreck, sorry you guys are just terrible

Still playing War Hero Scrapper in PvP. Still topping Deeps charts, usually up there in medals. Occasionally another scoundrel on my server is on and he is dropping 390K pretty easily. It's still a good class, the nerfs weren't great, but hey, I like the play style. It'll take a lot more for me to leave. :wea_02:

You CAN own on a scrapper.

However you can do the same thing 50-75% easier on any other dps class. Even their mirror class(operative) has an easier time because their version of backshot has much faster animation and much looser definition of "back".

In other words you really have to put out effort on a scrapper spec to do the same thing a sentinel or sage does in a few clicks. No position requirements for them, even if their attack does 3x the damage of backshot.

I have a commando and I have a scoundrel. Produce more kills and damage with a gunnery specced commando than I ever will on my scoundrel, namely because of range and the ability to really burst down someone who needs to die NOW. Which is what scoundrel scrappers USED to be able to do, but can't anymore.

You CAN own on a scrapper.

However you can do the same thing 50-75% easier on any other dps class. Even their mirror class(operative) has an easier time because their version of backshot has much faster animation and much looser definition of "back".

In other words you really have to put out effort on a scrapper spec to do the same thing a sentinel or sage does in a few clicks. No position requirements for them, even if their attack does 3x the damage of backshot.

I have a commando and I have a scoundrel. Produce more kills and damage with a gunnery specced commando than I ever will on my scoundrel, namely because of range and the ability to really burst down someone who needs to die NOW. Which is what scoundrel scrappers USED to be able to do, but can't anymore.

At some point we must make a choice between what is right and what is easy.

Yes, still playing. It's obviously a nerf, but I'm learning to make it work. Notably had to switch from solo to BAF in WZs.

Excellent. I really think people have a such a hard time adjusting to change. I see it as a new challenge to overcome and win.

That's the problem with classes that are even slightly OP. People get used to one tactic that only works because it's OP, and when it's brought into balance, you can't do that same tactic anymore.

Dont take to much advice from these forums, people are just terrible and then cry on the forum, I still wreck wz on my scrapper, yeah its a little clunky with the backblast change but I still wreck, sorry you guys are just terrible

Agree, i love this class, i have 50 lvl Guardian, Linger for a long time and Scrapper since 1.2. And i have some points about Scrapper:

1. Story was easy to complete (or super easey)

2. U can solo Heroic 2+ for your lvl without problems, some of them without fight.

3. Corso = good, just equip him, killing mobs with him is funny and fast, u don't need to use healler.

4. In PvP u're very good after all nerfs (i just not even play before nerfs, but now scrapper is very good). From 10 to 39 lvl u are just good, from 40 to 49 u are god in PvP. At 50 lvl in stupid recruit gear u can kill sorcs and snipers no problem 1 on 1, when u'll have some BM pieces u can attak everyone, but nice geared havy armor kinda hard to kill, but with cubes and despairing act (use it when they activate uber shilds) it's ok.

5 and main. Shotgun and Flechette

They do on my server, I was in a warzone Friday with 7 scrappers and 1 sage. It was one of the most fun Voidstars I have ever done. Fists were flying everywhere.

This happened to us. 7 scrappers (including me) 1 Sage. Everyone got a share of groin kick and getting face planted all over the place is so funny.

There was this one sorc that got owned so bad i think he left the WZ. 7 of us shot him with shoot first :wea_14: the next thing that sorc knows is that he's at the spawn point. :D

This happened to us. 7 scrappers (including me) 1 Sage. Everyone got a share of groin kick and getting face planted all over the place is so funny.

There was this one sorc that got owned so bad i think he left the WZ. 7 of us shot him with shoot first :wea_14: the next thing that sorc knows is that he's at the spawn point. :D

Hehehehe.... BARFIGHT!!

:p

so freakin funny man. had my headphones on that game and all i hear the groinkick and shotgun's firing all over the place.

Ya, same here. The sound alone was so funny. All I could hear shotguns and fists. I think I laughed a full 20 mins after the match was over.

I go back and forth between healing and scrapping :D I can still put out 300-400k dmg or more on good rounds...and it is a lot harder to take people out, but is still enjoyable if you're rolling with some other good dpsers.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.