To those complaints about master strike read

Dirematron

Sentinels ARE A HIGH BURST DPS WARRIOR!!!!! NOT A TANK!!! NOT A HEALER!!!! NOT A AOE DAMAGE DEALER!!!! they did right by the masterstirke ability prior to the uninterupt change it wasnt even a feasable skill to use unless in combat spec or focus watchmen rarely used. Reason its a 30 sec cooldown takes 3 secs to deploy plenty of time to interupt not to mention the sentinel is rooted in place for the duration cannot move or take any action or its disrupted and lost for another 30 secs.

To many people dont know the class and dont realize this. Also to many people dont think hello uninterupt doesnt mean the sent cant be cc'd or stunned problem is this is Stun wars with a ton of not very good pvpers that do nothing but rely on stuns for everything so when its time to actually need it they dont have it cause they used it on some frivolous thing like stunning some guy 30 meters away drinking a beer hurting nobody so they would have 4 seconds to get a extra hit.

LOL learn to play your toons and you will see that you dont need stuns to win lol watchmen sents dont have stuns there the hardest class to play and the good ones use around 10 abilities in a fight with no stuns heck all classes have that ability but most are handicapped with no common sense that if they explore there class they will learn that combinations of abilites can be devastating. Stop complaining that you got hit hard by not stepping away 5 feet to interupt the sents master strike and learn your toons.

Edited by Dirematron

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny thing, sentinels allways say stun through this stun through that, so master strike, rebuke, saber ward, guarded by the force, master strike, well I think the only class with that amount of stuns was the hybrid sorc, and as far as i know it's not possible anymore. So I guess BW should give all classes at least 2 additional stuns to counter the sentinel.

ROFL if they reset it to original it would be the same it hasnt changed for me nor any good sent we already did that much damage lol like i said people who dont know what there classes do hybird socrs/sage yes ops 3 stuns smugs gunslinger/ snipes 3 stuns lol more then just one bud and bioware is actually not listening becuase unlike most ive seen here they dont understand the whole dynamic for example lol guarded by the force was just mentioned um lets see lasts 5 secs not to mention 50% of your current health goes bye bye instantly its a last ditch effort to live ability lol and it was there prior to 1.2!!!!! the only notible change has been valor in tier 1 and force kick nothing else has changed! all sentinel defenses are long cooldowns people without the cooldowns sentinels have only one defense which is kill there opponent lol all those abilites were there prior to 1.2 all of them learn the game guys.

uninterrupted, like that wall of text.

10% or so less damage on MS and it'll be just fine and still a good skill to use.

On my focus guardian, i hit for 8k on my warzone punching bag on my ship when i crit on 2/3 ticks. I've heard sentinels hit even harder than that, so it could use tweaking.

ROFL if they reset it to original it would be the same it hasnt changed for me nor any good sent we already did that much damage lol like i said people who dont know what there classes do hybird socrs/sage yes ops 3 stuns smugs gunslinger/ snipes 3 stuns lol more then just one bud and bioware is actually not listening becuase unlike most ive seen here they dont understand the whole dynamic for example lol guarded by the force was just mentioned um lets see lasts 5 secs not to mention 50% of your current health goes bye bye instantly its a last ditch effort to live ability lol and it was there prior to 1.2!!!!! the only notible change has been valor in tier 1 and force kick nothing else has changed! all sentinel defenses are long cooldowns people without the cooldowns sentinels have only one defense which is kill there opponent lol all those abilites were there prior to 1.2 all of them learn the game guys.

Okay FFS MATE. Use ENTER

10% thats the thing simple math whats 10% of 1k? that would be 100 so 10% of 3k? that would be 300 so instead of doing 3300 would do 3000? so take 15% the strike does potential 1.2k, 540 hit 540hit 2.5k hit thats potential somtimes less . now crit with a 50% mod makes it about 1.8k 750 750 3.7k thats approx.

now raise that by 15% at max out looking at 1,980 compared to 1,800 first hit 825 compared to 750 next two hits 4,020 instead of 3,700 final hit lol thats not a huge difference its the same accross the board such as healers 10% off of a 1k heal is only 100 its not significant when dealing with 15k health bars:-)

It is balance and effect Masterstirke does nasty damage positive

master strike roots the sentinel in place unable to use any ability or move or interupt will occur negative

if master strike is interupted it cannot be used for 30 seconds thats if interupted by opposition or by the sentinel the cooldown still resets

If opposing player moves 5 meters away from sentinel the abilitie is interupted and since the ability roots the sentinel the sent cannot pursue to keep the ability going

Bioware saw this and knew that for the Watchmen spec the abilite was obsolete due to the many drawbacks and tons of ways to avoid it so they took one aspect the interupt ability and negated it allowing stuns cc and god forbid the ability to move 5 meters away still attached lol

they balanced the skill

Sentinels ARE A HIGH BURST DPS WARRIOR!!!!! NOT A TANK!!! NOT A HEALER!!!! NOT A AOE DAMAGE DEALER!!!! they did right by the masterstirke ability prior to the uninterupt change it wasnt even a feasable skill to use unless in combat spec or focus watchmen rarely used reason its a 30 sec cooldown takes 3 secs to deploy plenty of time to interupt not to mention the sentinel is rooted in place for the duration cannot move or take any action or its disrupted and lost for another 30 secs to many people dont know the class and dont realize this. Also to many people dont think hello uninterupt doesnt mean the sent cant be cc'd or stunned problem is this is Stun wars with a ton of not very good pvpers that do nothing but rely on stuns for everything so when its time to actually need it they dont have it cause they used it on some frivolous thing like stunning some guy 30 meters away drinking a beer hurting nobody so they would have 4 seconds to get a extra hit. LOL learn to play your toons and you will see that you dont need stuns to win lol watchmen sents dont have stuns there the hardest class to play and the good ones use around 10 abilities in a fight with no stuns heck all classes have that ability but most are handicapped with no common sense that if they explore there class they will learn that combinations of abilites can be devastating. Stop complaining that you got hit hard by not stepping away 5 feet to interupt the sents master strike and learn your toons.ROFL if they reset it to original it would be the same it hasnt changed for me nor any good sent we already did that much damage lol like i said people who dont know what there classes do hybird socrs/sage yes ops 3 stuns smugs gunslinger/ snipes 3 stuns lol more then just one bud and bioware is actually not listening becuase unlike most ive seen here they dont understand the whole dynamic for example lol guarded by the force was just mentioned um lets see lasts 5 secs not to mention 50% of your current health goes bye bye instantly its a last ditch effort to live ability lol and it was there prior to 1.2!!!!! the only notible change has been valor in tier 1 and force kick nothing else has changed! all sentinel defenses are long cooldowns people without the cooldowns sentinels have only one defense which is kill there opponent lol all those abilites were there prior to 1.2 all of them learn the game guys.

Defeated by Dirematron with wall of text (9999999999999999999 damage)

only time ive seen any sent do over 5k total in a masterstike noting that is if all hits crit is against low geared if they are full bm. same gear lvl not going to happen the average is about 1/3 health bar just seems like more when you have 4 fire dots on ya and get hit with MS ever think about that?

Oh and BW please change the description of MS to..... Uninteruptable means cannot be interupted by using the various class "interupt abilities" inherant to 6 of 8 classes. Skill is still subject to interupt by stun, crowd control, knockback, or moving 5 to 10 meters outside of sent/marauder range.

That should help clarify to alot of folks that really had no clue what you meant by "Uninteruptable"

Sentinels ARE A HIGH BURST DPS WARRIOR!!!!! NOT A TANK!!! NOT A HEALER!!!! NOT A AOE DAMAGE DEALER!!!!

Sents have more defensive CDs than any tank, and often heal for as much as a healer over the course of a warzone. So you're wrong. They're all three.

MS requires a target in range of 4 meters to use, but remains in effect and deals damage to a target up to 10m away.

This means that a 50% snared target cannot move out of range in time to avoid the final hit unless they are already at max range.

Meaning, on my Sorc/Merc, I have to use my one escape/knockback (cant use it unless he already just charged or gg) or my one stun (better pray that the Mara/Sents Undying rage is on CD) to interrupt it, or just eat the 8k damage. Either way, its a losing situation.

Pre 1.2 1v1s against Maras were near impossible, but doable with some skill (speaking from any ranged class POV). Post 1.2 we have to waste an escape or stun on yet another 'counter the godlike mara CD'.

Oh my god, maras had one spell that was interruptable. One way to mitigate/reduce thier damage. Kiting=LOS, interrupts were effective against all classes. Post 1.2 maras can just ignore a fundemental game mechanic.

GG FOTM

Funny thing, sentinels allways say stun through this stun through that, so master strike, rebuke, saber ward, guarded by the force, master strike, well I think the only class with that amount of stuns was the hybrid sorc, and as far as i know it's not possible anymore. So I guess BW should give all classes at least 2 additional stuns to counter the sentinel.

The only time a Sent/Mara is gonna use all those cooldowns in one fight is if he is trying to defend an objective... And if you've forced him to use all those cooldowns, you won because he's about to die now....

True, marauders are supposed to be high dps. No one has a problem with that, the problem is that they also have survivability close to that of a tank, high mobility and group utility that exceeds that of any other dps.

The only time a Sent/Mara is gonna use all those cooldowns in one fight is if he is trying to defend an objective... And if you've forced him to use all those cooldowns, you won because he's about to die now....

Too bad you're already dead and can't take advantage of it.

Sentinal became my main before 1.2 and even i think the recent buff to Master Strike should be removed. It hit hard before the patch and now is just a bit silly. We didn't ask for the buff to it nor need it, the class was fine as it was.

Sentinal became my main before 1.2 and even i think the recent buff to Master Strike should be removed. It hit hard before the patch and now is just a bit silly. We didn't ask for the buff to it nor need it, the class was fine as it was.

Only one spec was really excelling in PVP and the buff to MS/Ravage wasn't just for Sents/Maras....

MS/Ravage was pretty useless for a 30 second cooldown ability...now it isn't.

Obviously you are trying to 1v1 Sents/Maras as a healer...lol

Let's say that was what I was doing, for the sake of argument... Is there a law somewhere that all healers should die in a 1v1? Can you provide a quote from Bioware saying that's the intended result?

Let's say that was what I was doing, for the sake of argument... Is there a law somewhere that all healers should die in a 1v1? Can you provide a quote from Bioware saying that's the intended result?

I can tell you this, stop trying to 1v1 in a warzone where team effort is what wins. If you are a healer, makes friends with a Jugg/Guardian and he will nerf those pesky Sents/Maras with guard, taunt, etc...especially with a healer following him.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.