Official Q&A Thread for April 27th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

JovethGonzalez

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are drops for Treasure Hunting going to be more random now? For example, the Elegant Modified Lightsaber/Double-Bladed Saber, I keep getting them in drops in Treasure Hunting, and assuming that everyone else is, they are basically worthless.

Will there be a way to transfer items to characters on the same account, but on different servers?

I know plans for an account based bank is in the works, and I am wondering if it would include this ability. Unless I am mistaken the GTN and Mail can only allow items to be transferred to characters on the same server, so with my Pub and Imp characters on completely different servers, they cannot exchange items between themselves, even though they are all under my account.

As a case in point, my Pubs are on a light server and unable to do the Tatooine quests for the world event plague, but my Imps are on a populated server and thus have been able to gain DNA samples in order to get the vendor items. It would be nice to be able to have my Imps send my Pub characters the extra items to use, but at this point in time, there is no way for me to do that.

Also, since Character Transfers are a big topic, would it be possible to have a system that allows us to check which servers would not have any conflicts with our character or Legacy names?

From the looks of things with the A-P transfers, you only find out after the fact when you have to change a character/legacy name. It would be nice to be able to pick servers that will not have a conflict, therefore not require a name change.

BJ

Edited by BJWyler
Other question

Patch 1.2 brought combat logs wich was in fact pretty much needed and i applaud BW for that, however, guilds still need more data info reguarding what's happening in operations.

That data is needed not only for raid meters but for GM's/RL's to be able to import the correct information in our websites for DKP's/Attendance post processing, i.e. item drops information and who got the item. As it is, everything is being made manually, its doable ofc but not pratical.

Is there a plan in the near future for combat logs containing that kind of information, so our webhosts can start accepting those .xml files into their sites?

Edited by Kophar

Currently there appears a huge increase in ability delay as of 1.2 on my Assassin with Wither and Shock failing to activate and still resetting global cooldown within rotation. This is the biggest frustration for me in terms of threat or DPs performance. Is this getting fixed soon?

Activating an ability when cooldown still in effect should NOT RESET global cooldown which it does currently. This means at the moment nearly every fight when this occurs, no ability can be used for 3 seconds!

Edited by TheRedNalroni
Clarrifying

Are there any plans to increase the amount of characters a Guild can have? I belong to a large guild well known guild that is now over max characters so we had to create another smaller Alt guild. This poses all sorts of issues including no access to Guild Bank, Guild List and other issues. Please let us know if there will be an increase coming soon. Not to mention I do not get to proudly display my Guild name on my character.

There was talk about providing schematics for Quest unlock armors (specifically things like the Saber Marshalls robes). Is this actually present in 1.2 and if so where are they due to come from? I've not seen any quest armors appear on the GTN either as schematics or crafted items as of yet.

Three

Do you think that you guys will be able to "catch up", so that you can deliver all the content that you promise? Do you feel that you may have bitten off more than you can chew with this undertaking? Will you continue to follow this WoW-ish game model for future content?

Edited by G_Vega

With the ability to remove armorings from loot drops and put them into moddable gear, one segment of the companion population is left out: droids. Droids do not have head/chest/gloves/boots/pants slots and therefore cannot use any of the armorings taken from these drops. Is there going to be a work around for this? As it stands in order for a droid to be viable compared to a non droid counterpart you would already have to pay the high fee of moving mods to a piece of droid armor. Please give our robots some equality!

Will Bioware repair the bad itemization decisions they made in 1.2 as it negatively impacts a number of classes?

Ex. Putting tank armoring in dps gear for new PvE sets (Black Hole, Campaign) Sentinel has 3 of 5.

Increasing Sage health pools, making their 'sacrifice' conversion higher HP loss and therefore harder for them to recover and heal since it works off of a percentage. There's more, but I don't want to go on a diatribe.

Seems like you are catering to first time MMO players too much, most of your user base has probably been playing similar titles for years now and Nightmare mode does not live up to its name, but I'm also talking about just general questing. Everything seems too easy to accomplish. With our recently buffed Legacy companions, it just got even easier.

Are you happy with the current difficulty level of the game?

If yes, what is the reasoning for easy game play?

If no, please explain your plans to up the difficulty.

I've spent many hours in the game for my main (and now my alts) collecting all the holocrons and had great fun doing so... oh the memories, the deaths, the puzzles... the same missed jumps over and over again...

However, other than the sense of personal satisfaction, there is nothing to signal to others that I completed this task.

Do you have any plans to include a title for someone who collects all holocron codex entries?

I'm afraid this is a rather complex question, but I'll do my best to summarize it reasonable Q&A form. Please note that this *isn't* a complaint about healer balance at all, just an inquiry into the process of balancing them.

There are quite a few scaling factors that affect healers differently than damage-dealers; Trauma affects heals (but not damage), Expertise improves healing at half the rate it does damage, the power stat affects healing less than it does damage. How are these (and other mechanics) adjusted so that scaling of healers is proportional to scaling of damage dealers in PvP?

Are you planning to give guild leaders some guild management tools in the near future such as

ability to send mail to the entire guild, something that tells who left guild, who joined guild and who invited them, maybe a schedule/calender to post guild events so all members can see it, to name a few?

Thank you =)

What is the intended function of the PvP flag on non-PvP servers? My instinct tells me that it signals to players on the opposing faction whether you wish engage in PvP. However, as there are circumstances that can cause your flag to come on in the open world without your own consent, the flag seems to serve more as a warning to the player that they are vulnerable to PvP attacks.

I recently rerolled on another server due to population issues and made a Concealment Operative, its great I love it, reminds me of my rogue on WoW. however I have a problem with dpsing a few bosses.

the problem is at least 25% of my damage comes from poison tech (been using a parser to measure) but on certain boss mechanics like 4th boss in EV I cant get behind the boss to apply my poisons with backstab.

are you looking into this? is there going to be another way to add my poisons to the target other than / instead of backstab so I'm not restricted with positional requirements?

There has been alot of community talk and discussion over Same Gender Relationships on the forums since it was originially discussed, but there has been no word from the developers in quite some time. Why haven't the developers at least given some slight update concerning this to the community?