Remove the rakghoul plague now

And I'm calling shenanigans. If you were really doing that repeatedly, a GM would have reminded you not to report people abusively, and if you had continued, you'd eventually get banned yourself. So no, I don't believe you when you pretend you report all the people you see with the plague infecting others "without permission (lol...)".

What you are doing here is pretty obvious... everybody knows how it's usually called, including yourself ;)

He has actually stated that he hasn't reported anyone yet, this surprised me too since I was sure that he had, what he is doing though is encouraging others to do so.

Edited by Runeshard

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just dont see how people can think exploding on someone and forcing them into pvp is an exploit.. sure its ******..and it is kinda underhanded. but you ARE on a world where both factions can mingle. there are quite a few where they can not.. You should expect at anytime to see a pub or imp char...Whenever I expect to see one I am aware i might be dragged into pvp..

though that isnt my issue..my issue is no one has proven that it isnt working the way devs intended it to.. they havent said so..and youve shown no proof of it either.

The only time someone exploding near you can be considered griefing is if it is accompanied by taunts and insults via chat or whisper, or if they've been following you around when you've clearly expressed to them that you don't want to have them near you since you don't want to get infected. That's it.

I too was sure that you yourself had already wasted CS time with reporting people who didn't fall into those two criteria, though encouraging people to do so, assuming that anyone would do that, isn't much better. If you actually convince someone to report people due to merely having exploded near them this person may get into trouble for what would be considered a trivial matter, if they repeat the action enough times that is. Don't think they'd get into trouble for doing so just once or twice, though that is still a waste of CS time.

You may have the right to be wrong if you wish. As for me, I shall allow Bioware decide on their RoC/ ToS / PvP rules.

And there are a lot of folks assuming out there; it shows.

I just dont see how people can think exploding on someone and forcing them into pvp is an exploit.. sure its ******..and it is kinda underhanded. but you ARE on a world where both factions can mingle. there are quite a few where they can not.. You should expect at anytime to see a pub or imp char...Whenever I expect to see one I am aware i might be dragged into pvp..

though that isnt my issue..my issue is no one has proven that it isnt working the way devs intended it to.. they havent said so..and youve shown no proof of it either.

I'll give this a go...

Yes, intermingle...no PvP. On a PvE server there should NEVER, EVER be a case where PvP is forced on a PvEer. They chose a PvE server for a reason and even on PvE servers there are consensual PvP areas so there is no need to force PvP on those who intentionally chose a PvE server.

You may be right about your last paragraph but boy, that would be a real dumb thing for them to do given THEY are the ones who decided to have PvP and PvE servers. Plus the fact that they have already fixed a couple of glitches (AoE exploit for one) that were similar (forcing PvP when not desired).

Not on a PvE server; reason I was so carefully directed there by the PvP crowd pre-launch. ;)

As for working as intended, I am not going to presume the the thoughts of the Devs; will try and inform them as others have on what is occuring, and allow them to clean up the Goo on Aisle 3.

I'll give this a go...

Yes, intermingle...no PvP. On a PvE server there should NEVER, EVER be a case where PvP is forced on a PvEer. They chose a PvE server for a reason and even on PvE servers there are consensual PvP areas so there is no need to force PvP on those who intentionally chose a PvE server.

You may be right about your last paragraph but boy, that would be a real dumb thing for them to do given THEY are the ones who decided to have PvP and PvE servers. Plus the fact that they have already fixed a couple of glitches (AoE exploit for one) that were similar (forcing PvP when not desired).

I guess that is where you and i differ.

even though i play on a pve server and beleive the two can be kept seperate and the game is fine that way.. The premise of this rakghoul plague is thus.

outbreak of plague, the imperial fleet says if you see anyone with rakghoul plague terminate immediately.

that right there tells me ICLY and oocly that at anytime I could be pvped if i take part in this event, head to tat.. i might be killed.

I take responsibility for that by if i dont want to not get killed i dont go.

that being said..

I dislike the thought you can be forced into pvp but i also hate the fact that pve's can claim immunity to any form of pvp then spam the complaints and the griefing reports about people who in my opinion still arently griefing at all. sure its not the fairest thing to do..but its not exactly griefing either.

even though i play on a pve server and beleive the two can be kept seperate and the game is fine that way.. The premise of this rakghoul plague is thus.

outbreak of plague, the imperial fleet says if you see anyone with rakghoul plague terminate immediately.

that right there tells me ICLY and oocly that at anytime I could be pvped if i take part in this event, head to tat.. i might be killed.

that being said..

I dislike the thought you can be forced into pvp but i also hate the fact that pve's can claim immunity to any form of pvp then spam the complaints and the griefing reports about people who in my opinion still arently griefing at all. sure its not the fairest thing to do..but its not exactly griefing either.

RP like PvP is not a reason for Griefing; ie breaking the rules of the server and game.

RP like PvP is not a reason for Griefing; ie breaking the rules of the server and game.

true.. i agree.. but in the defence of the people playing the event.. how is exploding on someone and making them pvpable breaking a rule?

its no different than being healed and dragged into pvp. (which has happened to me) sure its by my own team..

but its just a concequence of playing this particular event.. perhaps they will modify the next one ( i for one hope they will though i think the event went well)

that being said..

Yup, we're just going to have to agree to disagree here. :)

Some may comprehend; some may not read at all:

No reason to be snide, you can hardly blame anyone for thinking that you report people left and right considering how you carry on. If I had missed the very few posts in which you stated you haven't reported anyone yet I would still be under the impression that you had indeed done so numerous times.

He has actually stated that he hasn't reported anyone yet, this surprised me too since I was sure that he had, what he is doing though is encouraging others to do so.

I think his lack of reporting anyone about the issue shows clearly that he doesnt believe it is griefing and he knows he will get in **** if he reports that many people...and yet he encourages others to do it. thus doing the dirty work and getting in trouble (potentially) instead of him....

if he truely believed it was griefing he would have reported people.

Yup, we're just going to have to agree to disagree here. :)

no dont get me wrong.. very valid point you have.. just two sides to a coin. no easy solution. bit of a bother for the devs like most games.. balancing the game dynamics and the player happiness.

most games it seems the more balanced the game the more unhappy people are:P

You may have the right to be wrong if you wish. As for me, I shall allow Bioware decide on their RoC/ ToS / PvP rules.

And there are a lot of folks assuming out there; it shows.

By your own admission you have not yet done so, you simply encourage others to do so. Be kind enough to at least inform the people you try to encourage in this manner that if they keep reporting things like someone exploding near you from the infection that there may be consequences, if CS informs them that these are not grounds for reporting someone.

I think his lack of reporting anyone about the issue shows clearly that he doesnt believe it is griefing and he knows he will get in **** if he reports that many people...and yet he encourages others to do it. thus doing the dirty work and getting in trouble (potentially) instead of him....

if he truely believed it was griefing he would have reported people.

It was Griefing, but Report what exactly? The GGG was behind me in a crowd, and detonated when I turned. I then purchased a serum dose since I was at the Med Station when attacked, and reported to my shuttle.

Since then I have posted on the Forums; both on here and Official Threads. And I belive all of that is acceptable.

Edited by Elhanan

It was Griefing, but Report whu exactly? The GGG was behind me in a crowd, and detonated when I turned. I then purchased a serum dose since I was at the Med Station when attacked, and reported to my shuttle.

Since then I have posted on the Forums; both on here and Official Threads. And I belive all of that is acceptable.

did he kill you just once?

mock you ? continue to harras you?

insult you or any fat members of your family you may or may not have ( not saying you do..)

the definition of griefing is well documented in their support section and though it is a pain it doesnt seem to fit to me..

no dont get me wrong.. very valid point you have.. just two sides to a coin. no easy solution. bit of a bother for the devs like most games.. balancing the game dynamics and the player happiness.

most games it seems the more balanced the game the more unhappy people are:P

We agree here too. I think were I an MMO dev, I'd be checking out bell-towers and my ammo stock. :)

We MMOers are a tough crowd to keep satisfied because we are so diverse and so opinionated!

did he kill you just once?

mock you ? continue to harras you?

insult you or any fat members of your family you may or may not have ( not saying you do..)

the definition of griefing is well documented in their support section and though it is a pain it doesnt seem to fit to me..

They detonated in a possible Safe Zone x3 (ie; Med Bay, Cantina, Fleet) of a PvE server w/o asking permission. The infection continued to harm me, as death was to be the result. Instead, I spent 2k out of 6k on a dose, and left the station for the Capitol. And since gaining my ship, my Main and this Alt remain in relative quarantine until the event is concluded.

Do I know that the Player intended to spoil my play? No; we never talked; just resulted in same results. But since they chose the Cargo/ Med Bay to stand with a crowd around them, I shall let Bioware decide if it Griefing,.to me it is rather clear.

And thanks for the direction; had not seen this before:

Zone Disruption

This refers to disrupting locations within the game so that it inhibits the play of or provides a level of disruption to other players. This can include excessive disruption of player sponsored events or gatherings, excessive use of sounds or visuals, blocking areas of the game, pulling creatures over and over so no one else may kill them, and killing specific vendors, key creatures or quest givers for no reason other than to cause disruption or ‘grief’ to others.

The other Player achieved a lvl of disruption, which included a gathering at a Merchant.

Edited by Elhanan
Add Info

They detonated in a possible Safe Zone x3 (ie; Med Bay, Cantina, Fleet) of a PvE server w/o asking permission. The infection continued to harm me, as death was to be the result. Instead, I spent 2k out of 6k on a dose, and left the station for the Capitol. And since gaining my ship, my Main and this Alt remain in relative quarantine until the event is concluded.

Do I know that the Player intended to spoil my play? No; we never talked; just resulted in same results. But since they chose the Cargo/ Med Bay to stand with a crowd around them, I shall let Bioware decide if it Griefing,.to me it is rather clear.

One incident is enough to send this guy into full panic mode. Rather than getting on with his day he holds up in his ship and complains on these forums.

And thanks for the direction; had not seen this before:

Zone Disruption

This refers to disrupting locations within the game so that it inhibits the play of or provides a level of disruption to other players. This can include excessive disruption of player sponsored events or gatherings, excessive use of sounds or visuals, blocking areas of the game, pulling creatures over and over so no one else may kill them, and killing specific vendors, key creatures or quest givers for no reason other than to cause disruption or ‘grief’ to others.

The other Player achieved a lvl of disruption, which included a gathering at a Merchant.

you do realize that it is easy to see if someone is about to explode.. and that it is the only time they can infect you...and that you can be infected by mobs on tat...are they griefing too?

I see that it has upset you..and for that I am sorry, but i really think you are over reacting..

hell you do not even suffer a death penalty anymore until the plague event has been finished.

I really do not see how this is harmful to you.

One incident is enough to send this guy into full panic mode. Rather than getting on with his day he holds up in his ship and complains on these forums.

Actually, I have spent this week getting that ship, as I was only 10th at the time which was last Sunday. No panic; just extreme caution as I want no party with the Plague or Griefers.

you do realize that it is easy to see if someone is about to explode.. and that it is the only time they can infect you...and that you can be infected by mobs on tat...are they griefing too?

I see that it has upset you..and for that I am sorry, but i really think you are over reacting..

hell you do not even suffer a death penalty anymore until the plague event has been finished.

I really do not see how this is harmful to you.

Not so easy when they are behind you. And this was on Sunday; the first any had heard on the Event. At that time, there were no mobs of infected; just the usual crowds of classes and hovercraft around the area in question.

Since that time, I had a couple of others try this on the capitol marketplace, but they messed up and got too close, so the haze of oneappeared over the inventory I was browsing, and the other made retching sounds. I did not report them, as I was uncertain any more as to what areas were considered safe, as it was my understanding that all Core worlds were to be off limits.

Not so easy when they are behind you. And this was on Sunday; the first any had heard on the Event. At that time, there were no mobs of infected; just the usual crowds of classes and hovercraft around the area in question.

Since that time, I had a couple of others try this on the capitol marketplace, but they messed up and got too close, so the haze of oneappeared over the inventory I was browsing, and the other made retching sounds. I did not report them, as I was uncertain any more as to what areas were considered safe, as it was my understanding that all Core worlds were to be off limits.

wait a second.. capitol marketplace would make the people the same faction as you..

how can someoen of the same faction as you pvp you?? thats your complaint isnt it? that they force you into pvp by infecting you with an explosion then kill you??

wait a second.. capitol marketplace would make the people the same faction as you..

how can someoen of the same faction as you pvp you?? thats your complaint isnt it? that they force you into pvp by infecting you with an explosion then kill you??

Yup, that's his complain in a nutshell.

Same case for the Fleet; Griefers have no allgiance.

If I am attacked by anyone and forced into gameplay which was not my choice, I do not care if they were Guild mates (of which I have none). It is not their choice what I do with my paid time; that is mine.

And I do not care if the deaths that may result leave one bathing in Green Gooey riches; that is not my choice to gather any of them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.