Remove the rakghoul plague now

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would protect at least 17 people from the plague right now, that is how many stims I have on me.

The problem is, no one is asking for them.

For an event that is so grevious to everyone, no one seems to want protected from it. Rather, most seem to not be able to run fast enough to get infected.

/boggle

I simply do not use the Chat function; run in Off mode. As for others, who can say; perhaps they believe.... :mon_trap:

If there's no danger, then there's no world event.

Well if it was contained to Tatooine it would still be a "world" event. ;)

Now a "galaxy" event ...

:D

I just wish the "story" fully matched the "effect" of the event. It could have been corrected by stating that the "infection had made its way off of tatooine" and "the infected had been spotted even on capital worlds".

Then it would be more of a match. Not the "everything is being done to contain on tatooine" BS because that just didn't happen from a mechanic PoV.

It should have been harder to get off of Tatooine or in and out of any planets space port via the plot they set up in the story.

:rolleyes:

Sounds messy....

Grey gear for my choices to follow the path of Revan, and to avoid the sim look as others. No OP's or WZ for me; solo Flashpoints only thus far, and by then the gear is too underpowered to help. But did play some good stories.

My definition is fairly simple IMO, and evidently is close to those once seen on the Wiki. And if that emote has a negative effect on the character (eg; Death), then it could be Griefing.

Don't hold your breath for meaningful grey choices. I suspect there are actually very few grey players out there in reality. While I appreciate your desire for grey gear (and I'm not convinced Revan was truly a grey), I am disappointed with the current rewards for reaching Light V as it is. As a side note: my consular was Light V several times before losing it to dark side diplomacy missions. My trooper was at Light 4 and I decided to push him to Light 5 only for the Unity legacy ability. I'll eventually pick up a Dark 5, likely on a future Sith Inquisitor, but keep in mind - you will have to play a very tedious game to keep your character between Light 1 and Dark 1 to qualify for "grey".

In fact, if you do end up running Flashpoints with people, you'll probably feel "griefed" that many conversations inside the Flashpoint will shift you 10% or more (up to 25%) toward Light 1 or Dark 1.

All that said, enjoy storming the castle.

Well if it was contained to Tatooine it would still be a "world" event. ;)

Now a "galaxy" event ...

It would be a planetary event.

I just wish the "story" fully matched the "effect" of the event. It could have been corrected by stating that the "infection had made its way off of tatooine" and "the infected had been spotted even on capital worlds".

Then it would be more of a match. Not the "everything is being done to contain on tatooine" BS because that just didn't happen from a mechanic PoV.

The announcer did change. For the last few days, they have been saying the infection has been confirmed on many core worlds and unaligned systems.

It should have been harder to get off of Tatooine or in and out of any planets space port via the plot they set up in the story.

:rolleyes:

Well, they send two guards at you every time you go to get on/off your ship. Now, obviously this doesn't stop people from using fleet passes.

Don't hold your breath for meaningful grey choices. I suspect there are actually very few grey players out there in reality. While I appreciate your desire for grey gear (and I'm not convinced Revan was truly a grey), I am disappointed with the current rewards for reaching Light V as it is. As a side note: my consular was Light V several times before losing it to dark side diplomacy missions. My trooper was at Light 4 and I decided to push him to Light 5 only for the Unity legacy ability. I'll eventually pick up a Dark 5, likely on a future Sith Inquisitor, but keep in mind - you will have to play a very tedious game to keep your character between Light 1 and Dark 1 to qualify for "grey".

In fact, if you do end up running Flashpoints with people, you'll probably feel "griefed" that many conversations inside the Flashpoint will shift you 10% or more (up to 25%) toward Light 1 or Dark 1.

Not tedious at all for my Sorcerer; was able to balance fairly well, and the challenge to do so was enjoyable.

I had intended to play the BH as Dark hearted, but could not make the decision to kill a father in front of his child early on in the story, so Grey again thus far. Actually, this one is making the choices as he he goes, and will use whatever gear helps on the end results.

It was more problematic to gain Companion approval, as I have skipped some terrific responses in order to portray a more concerned leader.

And for personal interest, my Legacy family is trying to influence universal politics, and work on reparing both Govts, and removing the existing Emprorer. Sadly, I may not be able to finish this tale, but the road getting there will be fun.

Edited by Elhanan

It would be a planetary event.

Yeah yeah .. was just trying to lighten up the thread. :p

The announcer did change. For the last few days, they have been saying the infection has been confirmed on many core worlds and unaligned systems.

Well I haven't been to fleet to listen. But if they did fine. But you have to agree that it was off tatooine by the time most knew about the event to hear the first messages. ;)

Well, they send two guards at you every time you go to get on/off your ship. Now, obviously this doesn't stop people from using fleet passes.

Not enough sir ... not enough. Should have been an entire containment SQUAD to either put down the threat or take into custody to experiment on. :cool:

Edited by Urael

Not tedious at all for my Sorcerer; was able to balance fairly well, and the challenge to do so was enjoyable.

I had intended to play the BH as Dark hearted, but could not make the decision to kill a father in front of his child early on in the story, so Grey again thus far. Actually, this one is making the choices as he he goes, and will use whatever gear helps on the end results.

It was more problematic to gain Companion approval, as I have skipped some terrific responses in order to portray a more concerned leader.

And for personal interest, my Legacy family is trying to influence universal politics, and work on reparing both Govts, and removing the existing Emprorer. Sadly, I may not be able to finish this tale, but the road getting there will be fun.

Like you, I think my Dark 5 character will be the most difficult to play; however, keep in mind that you can "repair" your light/dark inadequacies with the Diplomacy crew mission skill. I'll leave it at that to prevent spoiling anything else.

Please use more smileys in the future then. :p

Well I haven't been to fleet to listen. But if they did fine. But you have to agree that it was off tatooine by the time most knew about the event to hear the first messages. ;)

I believe that message started playing around last Tuesday.

Not enough sir ... not enough. Should have been an entire containment SQUAD to either put down the threat or take into custody to experiment on. :cool:

I disagree. Sure, one of the mobs could have been a strong I suppose - honestly though, it's not like the plague turns you into an actual playable Rakghoul like the WoW version turned you into an undead thing with new abilities. You exploded on people, big deal. It's not like we were given the ability to run around on the fleet as a Rakghoul and attack other people - which, incidentally - would have been cool too! (Obviously, that would have been griefing.)

I liked that there were guards to annoy you, but not WOAH-SO-POWERFUL-KILL-YOU-DEAD guards that would just 1-shot you.

For sure. To have any credit for half way being realistic this is what would have happened. Lets face it....many like the event because of these factors....

1. It is a fast and easy way to make credits. Super duper easy.

2. They enjoy standing around and blowing themselves and friends ( even innocent by-standers in some cases ) up.

3. They like the armor and pets you can get.

Any other type of feelings they are actually involved in a world event is totally off the negative curve when it comes to a rating of realism or immersion. In my opinion of course. :cool:

2. They enjoy standing around and blowing themselves and friends ( even innocent by-standers in some cases ) up.

Please don't use so many words after blowing in reffering to themselves and friends before the word "up" in the future. I was like :eek: then I finally saw the word "up". :p

Edited by Urael

On flashpoints depends on who you run with actually lol. I run with my guild and we always seem to choose the same response (light) lol.

Please don't use so many words after blowing in reffering to themselves and friends before the word "up" in the future. I was like :eek: then I finally saw the word "up". :p

lol! Well...most things when they explode ( granting no other restrictions exist ) do go "up" and "out" too I guess..lol.

So maybe I should have said..."so when they blow themsevles up and out"....:cool:

On flashpoints depends on who you run with actually lol. I run with my guild and we always seem to choose the same response (light) lol.

Group members cannot affect what points you actually earn outside of their choices opening/closing extended alignment dialog options.

My point was, it's very difficult to run flashpoints on a regular basis, participate in the story (rather than just idle out of the decisions) and remain with +- 1000 alignment either way. Now, after accomplishing this (being a grey), the awards are still very disappointing. They are disappointing for Light V / Dark V and the grey awards cannot be more powerful than those.

Edited by Raeln

Yes there is. If you are infected/feverish - you will be attacked when entering/leaving your ship on the Fleet.
As I stated earlier... that's not a believable quarantine for space station or military vessel.

They have absolute control over all points of entry simply by not allowing people to dock, including preventing hostile docking using weapons from the capital ship and by not pressurizing the hangers.

a guy or 2 in the hanger is not a believable quarantine. There's no reason for them to not have absolute control over who is entering the station or those ships.

It's not griefing when there is a daily quest to infect 10 people.
Yes, it's still griefing even then.

If there was truly any detrimental effect to getting sick with the plague
Wasting 10 seconds is detrimental. Wasting 20 minutes due to losign a pvp match, even in an unrated warzone is detrimental. getting stunned is a detrimental effect. Getting and dropped out of stealth is a detrimental effect. Having to spend 10-50k credits per day to stay plague free is a detrimental effect.

Just because you don't find the effects of it to be detrimental does not mean that it;'s not detrimental.

Relax man. If you get this worked up on an unrated warzone match
How am I getting worked up? I'm calmly posting to point out the false bits of your statements.

It's something to do while the project rebuilds.

You are blatantly over-exaggerating the random 2 second puke session stun revolving around getting infected.
Not at all. It happened to me; there are several other similar reports. I'd probably be able to report more instances if I had continued playing after the first time it happened.

What is absurd to me is how someone would be content leveling from 10 to 50 in the same 3 to 4 maps doing the same warzone over and over when that is all you'll have to do at level 50 too.
Yes, we know that you think it's a silly way to play. That doesn't mean that asserting that your way is the right way to play and anything else is wrong is any less absurd.

Your preferred content != the right content to play. Insisting that the people who would prefer to level 10-50 and then play at 50 just doing warzones are doing it wrong is ridiculous.

Group members cannot affect what points you actually earn outside of their choices opening/closing extended alignment dialog options.
It can affect the titles you get (unless they've fixed that) Edited by ferroz

As I stated earlier... that's not a believable quarantine for space station or military vessel.

They have absolute control over all points of entry simply by not allowing people to dock, including preventing hostile docking using weapons from the capital ship and by not pressurizing the hangers.

a guy or 2 in the hanger is not a believable quarantine. There's no reason for them to not have absolute control over who is entering the station or those ships.

Considering that there are supposedly to be hundreds, if not thousands, of docking bays on that Fleet station - I'd say having two guards and a containment scanning probe in each docking bay is believable.

Regarding allowing people to dock - apparently the tech does not exist to scan the inside of a ship prior to docking. Again, I would posit that if this was a permanent addition to the game - then yes, the containment protocols on Fleet would have been more hashed out. It's not though. We're back to it being a 10 day temporary event to go along with the Rakghoul instances.

Nope. Not griefing. Short of exploiting some method of flagging someone for PvP, it is impossible to grief anyone on the Fleet with the rakghoul plague. The existence of the daily to infect 10 other players removes the ability for anyone to be labeled/reported as a griefer.

Just because you don't find the effects of it to be detrimental does not mean that it;'s not detrimental.

The effects are not significant - especially compared to the footprint of other world events in other MMOs that I have experienced in the past.

How am I getting worked up? I'm calmly posting to point out the false bits of your statements.

It's something to do while the project rebuilds.

Not at all. It happened to me; there are several other similar reports. I'd probably be able to report more instances if I had continued playing after the first time it happened.

Yes, we know that you think it's a silly way to play. That doesn't mean that asserting that your way is the right way to play and anything else is wrong is any less absurd.

I didn't say it was the only way to play.

I did say it doesn't make sense to disregard your class story in lieu of dedicated PvP to 50. You are certainly free to do so.

Your preferred content != the right content to play. Insisting that the people who would prefer to level 10-50 and then play at 50 just doing warzones are doing it wrong is ridiculous.

Show me where I said "it was wrong".

It can affect the titles you get (unless they've fixed that)

That makes no difference to maintaining a grey alignment.

Edited by Raeln

You are dense. PvE servers vs PvP servers. Hence why people choose to play on a PvE because they don't want to stress about the PvP crowd and for a good reason, see the results when you have to deal with them. You just prove my point each time you open your mouth.

LOL... what are you talking about? Are you commenting on my saying that there are no specific PvE rules? Possibly you're not understanding what I'm saying? I was pointing out that the rules of conduct are the same whether you play on a PvE server or a PvP server. Obviously the game rules are different... but the Rules of Conduct are not.

I'm happy to know I'm proving your point... I just wish I knew what your point was, then I could do an even better job of it for you.

I have to ask... are you a lawyer dude.. thats one hell of a good argument...lol

Heh, I'm not sure whether thats a good thing or not. I'm not a lawyer... but to be honest, this stuff is so obvious it practically argues itself.

Seriously you're going to use realism as an argument? Playing these games you have to suspend disbelief a bit. I understand you're a big WZ guy.... you think it's realistic to be able to queue up for a WZ from anywhere?

Other than involuntary flagging (which, I understand, cannot happen on the fleet, as it can only be done by the opposite faction) please explain how any of this event can meet the criteria of griefing.

Wasting 10 seconds is detrimental. Wasting 20 minutes due to losign a pvp match, even in an unrated warzone is detrimental. getting stunned is a detrimental effect. Getting and dropped out of stealth is a detrimental effect. Having to spend 10-50k credits per day to stay plague free is a detrimental effect.

Can't argue with there... detrimental effects are detrimental. Welcome to MMOs. World events are nothing new... world events that you can't opt out of are nothing new.

Can't argue with that either.... however, the "right content to play" is the content that BW gives you. They never promised that you could do whatever you want... they promised, and delivered, a story-driven MMO. This event is an element of that story.

Heh, I'm not sure whether thats a good thing or not. I'm not a lawyer... but to be honest, this stuff is so obvious it practically argues itself.

Perhaps it does; certainly has no sway with me. :D

Griefing: everyones problem, as everyone is affected; not just the initial victims.

Perhaps it does; certainly has no sway with me. :D

Griefing: everyones problem, as everyone is affected; not just the initial victims.

That's because you pick and chose what facts to accept. You have not been able to refute a single point I've made, other than to say... "Nope, I don't believe that".

Edited by Dralanna

That's because you pick and chose what facts to accept. You have not been able to refute a single point I've made, other than to say... "Nope, I don't believe that".

if it makes you feel better. the person you quoted as well as many others did this in the pre launch forums. the game wasnt centered on exactly how they wanted it, so it was DETRIMENTAL.

...as for wz....it wasnt a huge deal. oh noes we have a new cc tool that goes off maybe twice in a match. a 2 second stun isnt going to get you killed, the part that got you killed was a player knowing when to take advantage and a lack of expertise gear.

if it makes you feel better. the person you quoted as well as many others did this in the pre launch forums. the game wasnt centered on exactly how they wanted it, so it was DETRIMENTAL.

...as for wz....it wasnt a huge deal. oh noes we have a new cc tool that goes off maybe twice in a match. a 2 second stun isnt going to get you killed, the part that got you killed was a player knowing when to take advantage and a lack of expertise gear.

You are right in that there were, and apparently are many of us concerned of Griefing.

Given that Griefing interferes with another's enjoyment of the game, and the style I prefer does not, it is rather an easy choice. Or so I believe.