Remove the rakghoul plague now

I have no problem with this but jesus move it off the fleet....I do a fleet pass and I have just to quit the game because my screen is black besides my UI.

Please dont make events mean cluster-**** on the Fleet.

That has nothing to do with being infected or anything, it has more to do with loading times which is a larger problem than just "due to the event".

Edited by Freyar

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May I make a suggestion.

Since this event ends most likely on Tuesday when mainteance is done (depending on your time zone) may we cease arguing since it will be over and the pros and cons have been stated numerous times so bioware can read them and decide, if any, what improvements or changes they need to make for the next event and I do hope there are more events, just no rakghouls please lol.

Enjoy and take care. ;)

From Support:

http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/1880

Partially within:

Zone Disruption

This refers to disrupting locations within the game so that it inhibits the play of or provides a level of disruption to other players. This can include excessive disruption of player sponsored events or gatherings, excessive use of sounds or visuals, blocking areas of the game, pulling creatures over and over so no one else may kill them, and killing specific vendors, key creatures or quest givers for no reason other than to cause disruption or ‘grief’ to others.

Player-vs-Environment (PvE)

On Player-vs-Environment servers, you have the option to role-play as your character, and player-vs-player fights must be agreed to by both sides or conducted in PvP-designated areas.

Isn't disrupting a player-sponsored event. Womp womp wooommmmp. This is a game sponsored event, or should I say a world event.

If this ever comes back around they need to do something like penalize people who blow up three or more times in a row like deducting awards instead of giving them.

Yeah, no.

Edited by tehsaturn

From Support:

http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/1880

Partially within:

Boy you are really reaching.... not sure how being infected with the virus can be called a "Zone Disruption". None of the examples listed in that section even remotely relate to this event.

You're still trying to call this an attack? Well, the New Player Guide you like to use as reference actually covers that too:

When you start playing the game, you are given a few basic attacks and abillities that are unique to your class. These abilities differ for each class, but they generally serve the same purpose. To use these abilities in combat, all you have to do is click on an enemy to target them and then either: A.) Press the corresponding numeral key on your keyboard to activate a particular ability, or B.) Left-click on the ability you want to use.

As there is no button to push to spread the virus.... and left-clicking does not spread the virus... it's not an ability used in combat... and hence not an attack.

in all honesty the only problem i have with this event...is that i have 4 corso riggs customizations along with 2 other republic companion customs as a imp player. i dont want more incentive to play a different class, i would've liked to see at least one for my class, or at least not get a bunch of doubles. guess i'll have to wait till the next outbreak, if there is another.

in all honesty the only problem i have with this event...is that i have 4 corso riggs customizations along with 2 other republic companion customs as a imp player. i dont want more incentive to play a different class, i would've liked to see at least one for my class, or at least not get a bunch of doubles. guess i'll have to wait till the next outbreak, if there is another.

lol. i got almost the same thing. 2 corso and 2 of someone else. i didnt get any for the class i play, but it was fun

this would be like joining a basket ball team, realising you dont like the hoop and then complaining about it expecting them to change it to more like how you want it to be, where as in reality if you didnt like the sport you just dont play it, you dont whinge and whine and try to get it removed and ruin the fun for everyone else. The players trying to get this event stopped are the kids who ruin other kids birthday parties because its not their day and they dont get to decide the activities at the party :D

when you bought the game you bought access to it, that is all, your acting like its your sandbox how dare they change something in it... well sorry its not your sandbox at all.

Edited by Sleeplessfox

this would be like joining a basket ball team, realising you dont like the hoop and then complaining about it expecting them to change it to more like how you want it to be, where as in reality if you didnt like the sport you just dont play it, you dont whinge and whine and try to get it removed and ruin the fun for everyone else. The players trying to get this event stopped are the kids who ruin other kids birthday parties because its not their day and they dont get to decide the activities at the party :D

when you bought the game you bought access to it, that is all, your acting like its your sandbox how dare they change something in it... well sorry its not your sandbox at all.

I approve this message :D

Not so much; simply dislike basketball, and wish to play something else. But when the waterboy comes over and spills the Gatoraid on me, and this forces me to choose between whether to suit up or lose my gym pass (even if they pay me a lot for it), it does not seem so much as fun; but harassment. Pass.

Not an attack? Perhaps; perhaps not, but is still covered here:

Bug Exploitation

There may be times when the game has a bug in it that, if exploited, can give an unfair advantage to a player. At BioWare we do our best to make a game that has as few of these bugs as possible, however due to the constantly evolving nature of Star Wars™: The Old Republic™, these may crop up at times. Please refrain from taking advantage of any mechanic in the game that gives an ‘edge’ or unfair benefit in any way as this can result in temporary or permanent account suspension.

Should you encounter a bug please report it by accessing the Customer Service Help Request menu in the Star Wars: The Old Republic game client and submitting a ticket under the Bug Report category. Please include as much information as possible in the report to enable us to reproduce and classify the bug.

Not so much; simply dislike basketball, and wish to play something else. But when the waterboy comes over and spills the Gatoraid on me, and this forces me to choose between whether to suit up or lose my gym pass (even if they pay me a lot for it), it does not seem so much as fun; but harassment. Pass.

I gotta give you credit. You haven't wavered in your insistence that you were brutally attacked and your swtor experience has been ruined and that guy deserves to be executed despite all of the arguements stating that it wasnt greifing Kudos to your persistence.

I gotta give you credit. You haven't wavered in your insistence that you were brutally attacked and your swtor experience has been ruined and that guy deserves to be executed despite all of the arguements stating that it wasnt greifing Kudos to your persistence.

Spoiled, but not to the point of leaving. In fact, my re-sub should be in this week with another free 30 days atop that, so it is mostly good. Simply want this game to be Griefer Free, and avoid the past problems of other MMO's and m/p games.

Not opinions.... please show me where it says that there are areas that are safe? Please show me where there are rules that are PvE specific. Most importantly, please show me where the actions you are describing violate any of these rules?

You conveniently left out a few important parts of the harassment policy. I'll include them for you:

Harassment consists of misuse and/or abuse of game mechanics and verbal harassment with the intention of distressing and offending other players. Game mechanics allow players to interact with the world and each other. For example, the ability to block a doorway is a game mechanic. Use of game mechanics like these is by no means considered harassment in and of itself. The key to determining whether the mechanic is being misused or abused is to determine "intent." Reported incidents are not considered harassment until it is determined by the SWTOR CS that it was done to intentionally to cause distress or to offend other players.

Since part of the event includes a quest to infect other people, I think you'd have a hard time proving that their intent was to distress you, rather than trying to complete that quest.

You are dense. PvE servers vs PvP servers. Hence why people choose to play on a PvE because they don't want to stress about the PvP crowd and for a good reason, see the results when you have to deal with them. You just prove my point each time you open your mouth.

lol. i got almost the same thing. 2 corso and 2 of someone else. i didnt get any for the class i play, but it was fun

That is because Corso is inherently infectious..... viral even... causing intense loathing and shivers at times^^ The kit might even improve his rugged good looks !

on topic : While I agree that unasked for flagging for PvP through ingame actions/inactions on part of the "exploding" player is a stupid design oversight by Bioware.....

..... I also consider this mammoth thread ( threads infact) to be utterly out of proportion to a 10 minute "cooldown" to get rid of the PvP flagging. Really ? 10 minutes ? LOST ? Stood in a traffic jam recently ?

Get a grip, peeps !

Oh, loved the event

so was thinking, you know how when you enter a spaceport infected 2 containment officers start attacking you and you cant leave the area till you kill them or die? maybe there is a reason for the flagging. you're infected, and should be killed on spot to prevent further infection. it is a threat to both factions, thus the pvp flagging.

as a pvp player, this was a great way to make world pvp happen. the first day there where raids from both factions covering the shipwreck. a couple days later the ghanking was over and ppl where more focused on getting the quests done then snagging easy kills.

....oh i hope you guys didnt go into outlaws den and expect not to get attacked.

Edited by SamuraiCrazy

so was thinking, you know how when you enter a spaceport infected 2 containment officers start attacking you and you cant leave the area till you kill them or die? maybe there is a reason for the flagging. you're infected, and should be killed on spot to prevent further infection. it is a threat to both factions, thus the pvp flagging.

as a pvp player, this was a great way to make world pvp happen. the first day there where raids from both factions covering the shipwreck. a couple days later the ghanking was over and ppl where more focused on getting the quests done then snagging easy kills.

....oh i hope you guys didnt go into outlaws den and expect not to get attacked.

That is great on a PvP server where PvP is not only meant to happen but chosen to happen.

Not so great on a PvE server where the server description clearly states that all PvP must be consensual.

And no, if I go into The Den, I know what I'm getting into and even if I didn't...those big RED notifications are kinda a hint. Heh.

Fair. But how much could the plague really affect him in the hours it will take him to get it? All the time getting DNA samples for the trouble like the rest of us...
it interrupts his play... and for some people (myself included) that's a bigger cost than any supposed benefit.

If a Sage/Sorcerer Lifegrips you in a dungeongroup. Do you consider that grieing also? Since its pretty much the same amount of interference with you char.
I'm pretty sure that can only be done by people in your party, so that's consensual. So that's not really analogous to the plague.

In wow: you can only have the costumes (from it's various events) that prevent you from acting applied by people in your party. You can't do that to random person standing in the bank.

If the plague could only be spread to people in your group, the person you're arguing with wouldn't have ever gotten infected...

Please go back to your Skyrim mr 1 complainer.
Eh, perhaps the other 40 or 50 people (or perhaps even 80 or more, since I didn't keep track in the first couple of threads about it) had better things to do than post over the weekend? Edited by ferroz

Boy you are really reaching.... not sure how being infected with the virus can be called a "Zone Disruption". None of the examples listed in that section even remotely relate to this event.

You're still trying to call this an attack? Well, the New Player Guide you like to use as reference actually covers that too:

When you start playing the game, you are given a few basic attacks and abillities that are unique to your class. These abilities differ for each class, but they generally serve the same purpose. To use these abilities in combat, all you have to do is click on an enemy to target them and then either: A.) Press the corresponding numeral key on your keyboard to activate a particular ability, or B.) Left-click on the ability you want to use.

As there is no button to push to spread the virus.... and left-clicking does not spread the virus... it's not an ability used in combat... and hence not an attack.

I have to ask... are you a lawyer dude.. thats one hell of a good argument...lol

I wanted nothing to do with this stupid Rakghoul Plague event, but no matter what, I get forced into it. I've seen some dumb events in MMORPGs over my time, but this one takes the cake.

you could have easily asked for vaccines from people.. i had a ton i gave away..when i had everything i wanted from the event i innoculated myself and even asked for a few from other players..

you chose to remove yourself from the event and as a biproduct of that you became infected and died.. had you interacted with players you could have had vaccines free.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.