The Ship GTN. Who Has Purchased This?

IasonEvan

This post comes from a desire to learn how many people have purchased this so far, and to know whether or not I should take the plunge and get this yet, or to wait til more people do so. We know so far that it is connected to the Nar Shaddaa Neutral Hutt Network. Please sign up for this thread and leave what server you are on and whether or not you have purchased the Ship's GTN yet. This will start to let people know when is a good time to buy their Ship's GTN as it is not an insignificant purchase.

Server: Ajunta Pall

Purchase Status: Not Purchased.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't gotten one yet, although it is on my list of "things to get" when I have the money.

What I have heard is the ship GTN is linked to the Hutt Trade Network and not to your faction's specific GTN. That may or may not affect your choice - in my case I would consider it a plus. I do plan on purchasing at least one and then my various other legacy characters can send stuff to list to him to list.

Unless it connects to all factions, it seems way overpriced. No one uses the Hutt network and this only moves it towards being a millionaires club. The one thing you don't want in a trading house is exclusivity. You want to reach as much of the population as possible. I'm passing. Give me something useful like a cross faction trading terminal.

Unless it connects to all factions, it seems way overpriced. No one uses the Hutt network and this only moves it towards being a millionaires club. The one thing you don't want in a trading house is exclusivity. You want to reach as much of the population as possible. I'm passing. Give me something useful like a cross faction trading terminal.

Isn't that sort of the point? I figured they made it the Neutral GTN just to encourage people to use it. If more people use it out of laziness for not leaving then their ship, then the Neutral GTN will get some use. Because as is, how many use it? I tried using it to sell Sniper Rifle drops my Trooper got, but no one ever bought. About the only things that seem to buy are the crafted armor that required classes of one side or the other(usually sold by people who have the recipes for the opposite side and have no use for them on their own side).

Isn't that sort of the point? I figured they made it the Neutral GTN just to encourage people to use it. If more people use it out of laziness for not leaving then their ship, then the Neutral GTN will get some use. Because as is, how many use it? I tried using it to sell Sniper Rifle drops my Trooper got, but no one ever bought. About the only things that seem to buy are the crafted armor that required classes of one side or the other(usually sold by people who have the recipes for the opposite side and have no use for them on their own side).

but there is an insane tax on the neutral broker now. Better to just have a toon on both sides to mail items back and forth.

Once Bioware opened up cross faction mailing with in our own account, the neutral broker has become obsolete.

Edited by illgot

As long as it is neutral faction I certainly won’t purchase it

Fortunately I am not forced to purchase it, so it really doesn’t matter to me :)

Now if the Neutral faction GTN ever becomes the standard GTN I might... but that won’t happen as long as the fleet ( where most people hang out and buy and sell ) are faction GTN's

Please sign up for this thread and leave what server you are on and whether or not you have purchased the Ship's GTN yet.

I fail to see how this is going to help anyone really. There are a million subscribers to this game scattered across 200 servers you know.

The on ship global AH will only be benificial after about 6+ months... when eveyone has one.

Edited by FooBard

They intend to merge the trade networks somewhere down the line, so it'll be worth using eventually, if not just yet.

Source: Interview with Daniel Erickson on Mos Eisley Radio.

Edited by Munkerz

This post comes from a desire to learn how many people have purchased this so far, and to know whether or not I should take the plunge and get this yet, or to wait til more people do so. We know so far that it is connected to the Nar Shaddaa Neutral Hutt Network. Please sign up for this thread and leave what server you are on and whether or not you have purchased the Ship's GTN yet. This will start to let people know when is a good time to buy their Ship's GTN as it is not an insignificant purchase.

Server: Ajunta Pall

Purchase Status: Not Purchased.

Server: Rubat Crystal

Purchased? No, not purchased.

Right now, I have no intention of buying it. I'm going to wait and see if others do jump on it to buy. The idea I'm sure is to make it so there's a way to access the neutral GTN without having to go to Nar Shaadaa. But I'm thinking at the price they have it at, it might be too expensive to really make it so the Hutt GTN becomes a viable second marketplace. Myself, I could buy it...but why, I can think of many other things I'd rather buy.

I'm not advocating lowering the cost of it on the ship per-se, although I do think it would help. What I really think needs done is to have a couple Hutt market terminals on the fleet. I think if one didn't have to run to Nar Shaddaa to even use the neutral GTN one might actually see them used.

They intend to merge the trade networks somewhere down the line, so it'll be worth using eventually, if not just yet.

Source: Interview with Daniel Erickson on Mos Eisley Radio.

Link? I'm curious about this, never having heard it anywhere else before.

Pretty much this.. With being able to mail to my legacy characters I don't need a neutral GTN to move products from one side to the other which is what that other one was primarily used for in that other game.. When I've viewed it, there doesn't seem to be a lot of stuff posted on it, so that means no traffic.. Why invest in something that won't even pay for itself.

Pretty much this.. With being able to mail to my legacy characters I don't need a neutral GTN to move products from one side to the other which is what that other one was primarily used for in that other game.. When I've viewed it, there doesn't seem to be a lot of stuff posted on it, so that means no traffic.. Why invest in something that won't even pay for itself.

But if everyone has that attitude, then it'll never have anything for sale on it, making the problem even worse. Thus BioWare trying to get people to use it by making the shipboard GTN the Neutral one. You can't fault them for trying.

I wish people would think farther than 3 feet in front of their nose for a second. If everyone were to buy one and use it instead of the fleet GTN's, then the neutral would be then be a)more convenient, because you don't have to go back to the fleet to use it and b) have MUCH more on it, because both factions are using it. Stop whining for a minute long enough to think through the advantages for goodness sake!

check for future patch notes.

They are going to be merging neut/imp/republic GTN's into a single server GTN. Check out the links listed earlier in this thread for where the Dev said it (MosEisleyRadio-Podcast)

They are going to be merging neut/imp/republic GTN's into a single server GTN. Check out the links listed earlier in this thread for where the Dev said it (MosEisleyRadio-Podcast)

ya that's what is bs tho. I don't have time to listen to podcasts nor do i want to wait for 3 months for this to be implemented.

I think it should have been more clear before I purchased it or they should have waited to release this "convenience" legacy until it was ready.

my 2c

ya that's what is bs tho. I don't have time to listen to podcasts nor do i want to wait for 3 months for this to be implemented.

I think it should have been more clear before I purchased it or they should have waited to release this "convenience" legacy until it was ready.

my 2c

...Did the words "Unlocks a neutral GTN terminal" in the tooltip not process in your brain? It says it right there. It was perfectly clear.