SWG PvP vs SWTOR PvP

Yoverion

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aesthetically, TOR beats endless shower of gold star stickers and sparkles and rainbows and annoying flytext.

As far as actual PVP goes... I miss my scyk. If there was one thing I wish I could have taken with me out of SWG, it was that ship. I put a lot of work into that little monster.

PvP at almost every stage was better or equal to SWG.

Pre-CU was by far the best PvP I've ever experienced in any game I've played. Leaps and bounds better than this game.

CU was still very fun, but the "upgrades" gutted it a bit. Much better than swtor though.

NGE was a huge leap backwards to try and attract the WoW crowd. Huge failure. However, mechanic-wise, not much different than current swtor. The one serious improvement over NGE SWG is the animations. That's about it.....

PvP at almost every stage was better or equal to SWG.

Pre-CU was by far the best PvP I've ever experienced in any game I've played. Leaps and bounds better than this game.

This right here. I have so many memories of running into a rebel town and taking it over...they get on the horn and next thing you now you have hours of open world pvp. Only downside of the precu pvp was mind fires...Fing hated that but my best bud was a Mdoctor so it was all good.

SWG pre-CU was the most fun I've ever had in any MMO especially in the first 3 months of launch where it was a big battle between Anchorhead vs Bestine, there were also tons of fights on almost every planet (Lowca xfer'd to Flurry, Tarquinas and Radiant) and raiding player city faction bases. In the CU pvp was fun, BH'ing was crazy awesome but healing was overpowered due to mindpool that you couldn't do anything about. NGE combat was stupid and we've had huge zergs in Restuss a couple summers ago which turned into a lagfest (took me 3 minutes to spawn). Edited by Sookster

This right here. I have so many memories of running into a rebel town and taking it over...they get on the horn and next thing you now you have hours of open world pvp. Only downside of the precu pvp was mind fires...Fing hated that but my best bud was a Mdoctor so it was all good.

This is why I went with a 1h saber on my knight. The mind damage it did was devastating, and black barring someone's mind bar was epic win.

My guild was one of the larger PvP guilds on the server and we had an imp city right next to ours. We used to camp the crap out of each others cities when not on tat for ah v bestine.

This game kills SWG in instanced pvp, but I used to love hanging out in Restuss either taking or defending the city. I also loved that the Jinzu razor only dropped inside the city, forcing players who normally would never PvP to come out to play :)

SWG didn't have instanced PvP until near the end of the NGE. In general instanced PvP should be a filler for WPvP when server population is low. Instanced mini-games become boring.......fast.

This is why I went with a 1h saber on my knight. The mind damage it did was devastating, and black barring someone's mind bar was epic win.

My guild was one of the larger PvP guilds on the server and we had an imp city right next to ours. We used to camp the crap out of each others cities when not on tat for ah v bestine.

My main pvp'er in SWG was a mon calamari, 7K mindpool for the win, even better as a swordsman/doctor being able to cleanse the dots. I've had times when I wsa the last one alive and being able to live long enough against several to take a few down with me. lol

SWG is the only game I've ever played in which I knew it was time to go to bed when I noticed the sun coming up. That's how fun WPvP should be.

100% crafing based gear truly limited resources

99% player driven economy

Player built bases

Player built cities

Planetary control through PvP domination.

Edited by HuntinSikness

No one will ever EVER say that garbage NGE **** is better than what this is.

Pre CU was great and the CU was not that bad IMO but still pre cu was the best.

Even tho I'm a huge fan of Pre CU sWG, played from 2003- CU going on test (end of 2004 iirc).

SWG PvP pre CU. First it was fencer def stacked with stun batons that had no defence against, was later they added stun mitigation.

Then it was CM/master rifles with mind disease spam and headhits with exploit sliced T-21s.

Not to mention the Dizzy/KD spam head hit from def stacked TKA.

Then came the Jedi with the exploit of stacking practically unlimted crystals in their lightsabers from the bug caused by crossing server lines on planets.(Or zone lines if you call em that^^).

Yes, SWG pvp pre CU was awesomely..... FoTM.

Albeit I had a huge amount of fun defending and attacking bases.

But it was anti-grind. Every combat profession aside from BH could be leveled in 1 day without creating a new character.

Bh wasn't a combat profession on its own either, it had tools but for the most part you picked a type of weapon and trained around, a master bh was combat ineffective compaired to a pistoleer fencer 3040 bh.

Edited by JaxinRiens

Bh wasn't a combat profession on its own either, it had tools but for the most part you picked a type of weapon and trained around, a master bh was combat ineffective compaired to a pistoleer fencer 3040 bh.

What? A MBH was able to use a pistol that had a speed of 3.9 or 5.2 and fire it every 1.0 seconds, they had some pretty crazy abilities like fireKD (which got nerfed in a way) but eye shot was very good and so was the LLC if it was modded with krayt tissues. I've run several different BH builds; BH/carb, BH/pistol, BH/TKA, BH/ranger 0040 (pre-9 when tracking droids were broken), etc. and BH/pistols was so effective.

Yup, most people only grinded enough bh for the title or to take missions. Other than that they'd usually stack defense classes to try and out-last a Jedis force bar.

I only lost to a bh once, and that was as a half templated padawan. As a full template knight I would purposely gain visibility.

Hard to compare.

Not comparing the NGE because it was just so horrible it literally killed the game.... the pre-cu and CU were awesome. I like the CU best because the game seemed most active during this time atleast for me.

I think SWTOR is overal better due to graphic enhancements and an overall more managable and less buggy fighting system.

One thing I wish this game had is a Bounty hunter system like SWG did. It was really fun and interactive system. You also got a crash course in who was able to hold their ground in pvp.

Tbh SWG pvp was so much better than this game's pvp. I only played in the nge, but i can say the combat was so much more responsive and fast, world pvp was awesome, and instanced pvp was better simply because you could just slaughter eachother instead of doing these pointless objectives that no one cares about. Pvp in this game is probably the worst i've ever seen. Edited by Dani

i miss SWG

PvP was really funny

hours and hours playing

i miss the PVP, the instanced PVP, the restuss PvP, and the somewhere in the middle of nowhere PVP also the ForumPvP and the ChatPVP wasepic

PvP is pretty good looking here, graphics and animations are really nice...but is BORING AFTER THE 4th WZ

i miss SWG

PvP was really funny

hours and hours playing

i miss the PVP, the instanced PVP, the restuss PvP, and the somewhere in the middle of nowhere PVP also the ForumPvP and the ChatPVP wasepic

PvP is pretty good looking here, graphics and animations are really nice...but is BORING AFTER THE 4th WZ

Graphically this game is amazing.

Chat PVP lol Removed before game began because they feel we are too rough on eachother. No way to create as much rivalry makes it feel like I am just fighting waves of MOBS in wz's sometimes. Can only interact with republic 90% of the time unless Switch to a IMP toon.

Middle of no where pvp.. there isnt really much reason to leave the fleet alot of the time.. because Flashpoints and all the good stuff is accessed from within. Everything can be done from within the fleet except level grind. which if you really wanted can be done in your ship. They sure made it real easy to be antisocial and anti - world anything

Restuss was nice as were the other pvp bases. Could go in on any Character class.. with a group or solo.. fight the mobs get to find out there are players actually hiding in them or.. hide in them yourself and fight 1 vs 4-10 with assistance from mobs with the right tactics and win.. was awesome.

SWG didn't have instanced PvP until near the end of the NGE. In general instanced PvP should be a filler for WPvP when server population is low. Instanced mini-games become boring.......fast.

You said it best brother...."Instance mini-games become boring....fast." That is the reason why I quit this game. There was no WPvP and I was bored out of my mind just doing mini-game PvP. AND the "Zones" aka Planets to BW SUCK BIG TIME!

PvP in SWG (Pre-CU & CU) were the best PvP in any MMO i've had hands down. Nothing has even come CLOSE to comparing. We need a non-linear MMO like SWG again. With PLAYER cities, vendors, social life, and stuff of that nature.