Superman vs Palpatine

Reeny

Well, since all the Superman fanboys and girls started complaining some years back that Batman made him look like a grade schooler, the writers have been increasing his level of intelligence to where Batman no longer finds it painful to talk to him. :p

This.

Superman is freaking lame. He has gotten so powerful over the years that it reminds me of when you were a kid and everyone pretended to have super powers and one idiotic kid said his power was that he could have as many super powers as he wants. That's Superman. He's that loser.

In the last movie he lifted an island made out of kryptonite whilst a kryptonite shiv was broken off in his back.....but kryptonite is totally a weakness for him.

What a joke.

Final judgment is that Superman is disqualified for being lame.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does people assume that all Sidious would do is shoot lightning like a complete fool? Illusions, Mind domination and using the force to project his voice into Supermans mind to mess with him. Honestly, Sidious could destroy supermans mind with just illusions.

As said before, if Sidious sees his death, he'll just alter his tactics. And I still havent seen anything to counter him being transported(Via Force Wormholes) to a void in space far from any yellow suns, ergo no super powers for him to survive.

This.

Superman is freaking lame. He has gotten so powerful over the years that it reminds me of when you were a kid and everyone pretended to have super powers and one idiotic kid said his power was that he could have as many super powers as he wants. That's Superman. He's that loser.

In the last movie he lifted an island made out of kryptonite whilst a kryptonite shiv was broken off in his back.....but kryptonite is totally a weakness for him.

What a joke.

Final judgment is that Superman is disqualified for being lame.

His name is SUPERman. SUPER-MAN ! How can you not get this ? ? Sids wouldn't stand a chance, EVER.

Why does people assume that all Sidious would do is shoot lightning like a complete fool? Illusions, Mind domination and using the force to project his voice into Supermans mind to mess with him. Honestly, Sidious could destroy supermans mind with just illusions.

As said before, if Sidious sees his death, he'll just alter his tactics. And I still havent seen anything to counter him being transported(Via Force Wormholes) to a void in space far from any yellow suns, ergo no super powers for him to survive.

You know there are DOZENS of people far more powerful than Sid in regards to psychic attacks, and Superman has RESISTED all of them? nvm the fact that, Again, Sid's planning is completely MEANINGLESS when he can't even REACT to Superman wiping him out of existence.

Look at the speed difference

Superman: Massively FTL

Sidious: Not even super-sonic.

You have no argument.

You know there are DOZENS of people far more powerful than Sid in regards to psychic attacks, and Superman has RESISTED all of them? nvm the fact that, Again, Sid's planning is completely MEANINGLESS when he can't even REACT to Superman wiping him out of existence.

You have no argument.

I'd say being able to move faster then the eye can see is fast enough if you can see the attack comming.

You still havent countered the fact that:

- Sidious can see the future

- Sidious can transport Superman via Force Wormholes to a void in space where he would have no powers, due to no suns being close

His name is SUPERman. SUPER-MAN ! How can you not get this ? ? Sids wouldn't stand a chance, EVER.

The fact that his name is "Super"man doesn't exempt him from needing to be interesting or have a defined skill set of powers. In his original iteration he couldn't even fly...he could only "leap tall buildings in a single bound."

Part of the reason why he is a terrible character now is that new writers have continued to make him more and more powerful over the years until he is basically that moron on the playground that I referred to who claims his superpower is "having as many powers as he wants." There is a reason that crap doesn't fly on the playground. It makes the game not fun. Superman does the same thing. He's now not really even that weak to kryptonite.

He is the lamest of all superheroes and as such Palpatine wins by disqualification.

lol super man cant do half the stuff compare to what goku does >.>.

Goku is weak, dont even bring him up.

I'd say being able to move faster then the eye can see is fast enough if you can see the attack comming.

You still havent countered the fact that:

- Sidious can see the future

- Sidious can transport Superman via Force Wormholes to a void in space where he would have no powers, due to no suns being close

1. Sidious can see the future huh? Is that why he never saw any of his deaths coming? lol. He got thrown down a shaft for christ sake and believed the republic was going to be wiped out at the Battle of Endor.

2. Superman doesnt need to have a sun around him to have powers. Plus depending on the version of Superman we are talking about the wormhole wouldnt work.

1. Sidious can see the future huh? Is that why he never saw any of his deaths coming? lol. He got thrown down a shaft for christ sake and believed the republic was going to be wiped out at the Battle of Endor.

2. Superman doesnt need to have a sun around him to have powers. Plus depending on the version of Superman we are talking about the wormhole wouldnt work.

1. Always in motion, the future is - :csw_yoda: That was a future that was only possible because Luke realised aggression was not how he should confront the dark side, and his pleading to Anakin swaying him back to the light.

2. Ok... :confused: So why did his planet get wiped out if all the inhabitents had super powers? *sigh* Fanboys >.<

"Faster than the eye can see" refers to Base Human Sight. Do you know that an object the size a person stops becoming visible to the average person around 300mph? That's not even half the speed of Sound.

And another thing; Sid used Oracles to see the future For Him. And when they told him he'd be killed at Endor, he IGNORED THEM! Way to see the future guy. Sid's a fool. Always has been. Always will be. And he's so utterly outmatched it's not even funny.

You have no argument.

Max Lord had him completely puppeted, sorry. Wonder Woman breaking Max's neck was the only thing that saved ol' Supes on that one. :p

The fact that his name is "Super"man doesn't exempt him from needing to be interesting or have a defined skill set of powers. In his original iteration he couldn't even fly...he could only "leap tall buildings in a single bound."

Part of the reason why he is a terrible character now is that new writers have continued to make him more and more powerful over the years until he is basically that moron on the playground that I referred to who claims his superpower is "having as many powers as he wants." There is a reason that crap doesn't fly on the playground. It makes the game not fun. Superman does the same thing. He's now not really even that weak to kryptonite.

He is the lamest of all superheroes and as such Palpatine wins by disqualification.

You reek of Nolan.

wow, and i thought Star Wars Fanboys were bad. they ain't got **** on Superman Fanboys.....:D

my vote: Sidious. why? i don't like Superman and he should have stayed dead after Doomsday.

In all honesty, I agree. He should have stayed dead when he and Doomsday "killed" each other. Unfortunately, there were so many Superfanboys and Superfangirls screaming at DC to bring him back....

Personally, I cheered and laughed when I read the final page, and I still have a 1st Edition copy polybagged for ****s and grins. :D

Only Superman I liked was the Earth 2 Superman, or Golden Age Superman. He was cool. Still OP like mad, but cool nonetheless. lol

Funny, that's how I see Sidious.

lightsabres use crystals, kryptonite is a crystal.

boom

supernan don't stand a chance against a real supervillian like sidious

..... ummm no. Superman is weak against the radiation from kryptonite not because kryptonite is a crystal. I

. But lets for example say Sideius has a kryptonite light saber. Sups can easily destroy it from a distance since he will be able to feel the effects of the kryptonite from far away.

The villians that use kryptonite usually hide it in a lead lined box until he is close. Obviously sid woud have his lightsaber out.

The reason why Superman would win this fight is because in the DC universe Superman is insanely overpowered. Really all the superheros in the DC unvierse are. It's one of the problems that universe has.

Now if you took marvel characters vs Jedi you would have a much more even match. Say Wolverine vs Sideious

1. Always in motion, the future is - :csw_yoda: That was a future that was only possible because Luke realised aggression was not how he should confront the dark side, and his pleading to Anakin swaying him back to the light.

2. Ok... :confused: So why did his planet get wiped out if all the inhabitents had super powers? *sigh* Fanboys >.<

1. That doesnt even make sense. If he saw the future he could counter it. Theres no point in bringing up seeing the future if its never right.

2. All inhabitents didnt have super powers o.0...where are you even getting this from rofl.

Edited by Girdeux

lol goku is weak right .... goku can move faster then super man teleport to planets .. goku weak watch the movies before you open you mouth :p...I watched all of em i bet you did not you probly know nothing of goku... He been training since martial arts since he was a kid what was super man doing nothing,,,, So goku fought the most powerful beings won... he gets stonger every time you beat him you know nothing about goku so quite :p

Edited by ninjashadowdark

lol goku is weak right .... goku can move faster then super man teleport to planets .. goku weak watch the movies before you open you mouth :p...I watched all of em i bet you did not you probly know nothing of goku... He been training since martial arts since he was a kid what was super man doing nothing,,,, So goku fought the most powerful beings won... he gets stonger every time you beat him you know nothing about goku so quite :p

I know more then you do on the subject, i guarantee you.

1. Goku can only move at the speed of light with IT and has limited range as seen when he couldnt IT to New Namek. Superman moves many times faster then the speed of light, and thats in his weak versions, Stronger versions crossing the universe within 1 second.

2. Akira Toriyama stated in an interview that at the end of DBZ/GT the Z fighters fight at the speed of sound, far below what Superman fights at. With mr. satan being able to see the Buu fights and mr satan dodging Super Buu's hits. Its quite laughable really.

3. Superman knows every form of martial arts on the planet.

4. Goku had trouble lifting what? 10 tons i think it was. If your counting GT he couldnt lift a building and almost got killed by glass and a rotary fan. rofl.

5. Goku is afraid of Needles.

DBZ is far overrated in terms of their abilities.

Edited by Girdeux

..... ummm no. Superman is weak against the radiation from kryptonite not because kryptonite is a crystal. I

. But lets for example say Sideius has a kryptonite light saber. Sups can easily destroy it from a distance since he will be able to feel the effects of the kryptonite from far away.

The villians that use kryptonite usually hide it in a lead lined box until he is close. Obviously sid woud have his lightsaber out.

The reason why Superman would win this fight is because in the DC universe Superman is insanely overpowered. Really all the superheros in the DC unvierse are. It's one of the problems that universe has.

Now if you took marvel characters vs Jedi you would have a much more even match. Say Wolverine vs Sideious

sidious could have a lightsabre hilt made of lead, there would be no need to walk into a room with lightsabre ignited, there would be no need to fire it up till superman was in range of a killing blow. at which time just the affect of being near the blade would slow him down. superman would be weak and slow. sidious woud have force augmented speed and power.

and to say DC characters are so overpowered means nothing really. in the books to follow the films sidious is also so overpowered its ridiculous. the fact is superman has an achilles heel, sidious does not and sidious is smart enough to use supermans weakness to his advantage.

i give it to sidious