Republic Interfering with World Boss Attempt

We are on the Peragus Mining Facility server and had a group and attacked the World Boss on Belsavis when a Republic guild came along and deliberately attacked and killed one of the adds which caused the Boss to enrage and kill everyone. And then while we had to respawn back at the medical center they attacked and killed it meaning we would have to wait for 2 hours for it to respawn.This really pissed me off as once we had started to attack the boss they should not have been allowed to attack it. And to deliberately do it knowing it would kill us was wrong.

If I am not mistaken but in WoW it was frowned upon and even punishable by being banned so people would not do it. So then why is is allowed on here?

Edited by Notannos
name/shame

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I am not mistaken but in WoW it was frowned upon and even punishable by being banned so people would not do it. So then why is is allowed on here?

Because this is not WoW

Besides, if its a PvP server your on, everything is fair game imo

If this is a PVE server, which it seems to be, I can see the problem with this. On a PVP server you would have a way to stop them from harrassing you. You could just kill them to prevent them from killing the add.

On a PVE server, there is no way I can think of to stop them from killing the add.

On a PvE server perhaps, on a PvP server they would have told you there was a PvP solution available.

Edit: ok so it was on a PvE server.. no idea what BW thinks about that.

Edited by Lundli

We are on the Peragus Mining Facility server and had a group and attacked the World Boss on Belsavis when a Republic guild came along and deliberately attacked and killed one of the adds which caused the Boss to enrage and kill everyone. And then while we had to respawn back at the medical center they attacked and killed it meaning we would have to wait for 2 hours for it to respawn.This really pissed me off as once we had started to attack the boss they should not have been allowed to attack it. And to deliberately do it knowing it would kill us was wrong.

Yeah but as we all know a "ban" in WOW was 3 days suspension, not a real ban so no, they didnt have rules against it to any sort of serious degree.

But (and ive never killed belsavis boss so dont know fight), if you wanted to attack the boss, why didnt you? From all I seen once a mob engaged, another group cant kill steal. Or did you leave something out of your tale as its not adding up! If you were there for the boss, attack the boss.

If you were just standing there gathering people, well then there was no misconduct as those bosses are first come first serve for who ever ready at the time.

Just a side note: usually people gather their force AWAY from the boss to avoid stuff like this.

Gather your forces at point A

when ready

move to point b

BTW, player conduct codes regarding Boss fights have been around ALLOT longer then WOW. Just thought Id mention that as seemed you were pointing to WOW as some sort of code of conduct designer or statue.

It is a PVE server, RTFT. I agree with the OP, on a PVE server, at the very least they should either make it so that entering the area a World Boss is in while someone from the other faction is fighting it flags you for PVP or make World Bosses (and any attached adds) be untargetable to members of the opposite faction of the person already fighting it. Ideally, this would fall under griefing and be a bannable offense. It's ******** that people can, with no possible repercussions, completely **** up a group's night. Edited by Trineda
removed quote

The server he is on is PVE, so well done posters who are too stupid to even get that right before tapping on their keyboards.

If your on a PVP server then yes - Fair Game with a solution to prevent it

If your on a PVE server then no - No solution to prevent it AND its abuse of game mechanics

The Republic players abused the mechanics of the Boss to kill the other group so they could then steal the boss kill for themselves. Thats not PVP and there is really no way to defend against it.

Easy solution - Once a mob has been tagged damage and abilities from anyone outside the group will have no effect on the target. Bonus - make repeated attacks on a tagged mob cause damage to the attacker.

Same concept as the Eternity Vault fight which prevents others from getting involved in a fight of destiny blah blah.

TADA - Pulling this stunt with world bosses or anything else becomes impossible.

haha, sorry for assuming you were on a pvp server. while i'm here i might as well say that i don't udnerstand why anyone rolls on a PVE server. this situation alone shows the defective nature of it.

in my opinion, those republic players had every right to disrupt your world activity.

Edited by Valkuu
Rude - already warned.

haha, sorry for assuming you were on a pvp server. while i'm here i might as well say that i don't udnerstand why anyone rolls on a PVE server. this situation alone shows the defective nature of it.

in my opinion, those republic players had every right to disrupt your world activity.

Quite honestly, I am tired of the epeen waving of players on PvP or as they term it "real" servers. We don't feel like getting ganked repeatedly to experience content. So we roll on a RP or PvE server to play the game without getting griefed by people who think a pie in the face is the height of comedy. Most of you were either A) bullies in school or were B) bullied so you want to take it out on everyone else. Tell you what, let people play how they want to! Your arguments are no more valid than religious "my god is the only TRUE god" arguments.

Edited by Valkuu
Reply to edited

Quite honestly, I am tired of the epeen waving of players on PvP or as they term it "real" servers. We don't feel like getting ganked repeatedly to experience content. So we roll on a RP or PvE server to play the game without getting griefed by people who think a pie in the face is the height of comedy. Most of you were either A) bullies in school or were B) bullied so you want to take it out on everyone else. Tell you what, let people play how they want to! Your arguments are no more valid than religious "my god is the only TRUE god" arguments.

lol.

there are game mechanics that are known which should influence your decision on what server to play on. looks like you guys made the wrong choice!

Edited by Valkuu
Reply to edited

lol.

there are game mechanics that are known which should influence your decision on what server to play on. looks like you guys made the wrong choice!

I can't possibly be expected to look up every mechanic of every fight and choose my server based on what type of griefing is considered acceptable. The analogy in the post you quoted was valid, your entire argument boils down to "I like to play this way, how dare anyone else, playing on a different server that in no way affects me, play differently." Why do PVP people feel the need to derail every thread with their asinine crying that other people play the game they're paying for the way they want to?

Edited by Valkuu
Reply to edited

Hi everyone,

As you may have noticed, several posts have been edited or removed from this thread. Please remember to stay on-topic, constructive, and respectful to others, even if you do not agree with them or their playstyle.

Thanks!

LOL ha ha ha ha OMG thank you for the laughs - Would you look at you people making a big deal about a game mechanic because some person is pitching a tantrum - com on peeps, so they got grieved - IMO world boss - open game your Imperial they are Republic ( Waring factions ) since they couldn't kill you with PVP they did the next best thing The Killed you with your own quest ( Very Creative ) Kudos and deal with it

Kinda agree with you there.

The PvP community is usually the most immature and childish in any MMORPG i ever played. The OP had a very valid issue, something that i would name griefing since they couldn't do anything about it. And then some random PvP guys came and started yelling at him because of his CHOICE to play on a PvE server. Kinda sad really.

Edited by Trineda
removed quote

Suck it up. I personally don't see anything wrong with this. It's a world boss and they're open to anyone. If they wanted the encounter to be exclusive they would lock them like eq2 did to prevent kill stealers.

Well played republic, well played.

Edited by Kane_Mkvenner

LOL ha ha ha ha OMG thank you for the laughs - Would you look at you people making a big deal about a game mechanic because some person is pitching a tantrum - com on peeps, so they got grieved - IMO world boss - open game your Imperial they are Republic ( Waring factions ) since they couldn't kill you with PVP they did the next best thing The Killed you with your own quest ( Very Creative ) Kudos and deal with it

Yeah I'm going to have to agree here. Its pretty damn funny.

I dont see why you not impressed. Just wait until tomorrow and try again