Hard modes are really putting me off

Taral V goes down very easily, but other heroics just can't get the bosses down before they enrage, we get them to 5% then suddenly everyone drops dead. My rotation, spec and gear is not horrible. I'm a 5/31/5 commando, I got 4 purple items and my orange items have level 49 purple enhancements. I should be capable of downing a boss in places like Maelstrom Prison and Esseles, but it's not happening and it's really putting me off doing heroics that they should be this hard. imo the bosses got buffed way too much to satisfy the players who were decked in full artifact gear without any thought to those who are still working on completing their sets. Edited by MJHoyle

Maybe you should get all your gear orange and do dailies to get the level 50 modding like everyone else had to do? Just a thought considering it makes things doable and a whole lot easier. BTW if your doing Esseles in your current gear no wonder your wiping. DON'T try to take the easy way out and skip straight to HM's do your dailies and get all your stuff modded before doing HM's and Ops Edited by Neoarcadia

Taral V goes down very easily, but other heroics just can't get the bosses down before they enrage, we get them to 5% then suddenly everyone drops dead. My rotation, spec and gear is not horrible. I'm a 5/31/5 commando, I got 4 purple items and my orange items have level 49 purple enhancements. I should be capable of downing a boss in places like Maelstrom Prison and Esseles, but it's not happening and it's really putting me off doing heroics that they should be this hard. imo the bosses got buffed way too much to satisfy the players who were decked in full artifact gear without any thought to those who are still working on completing their sets.
First of all, let's clear up a couple of things here.

The color of your gear? Doesn't mean a *********** thing. If you're not itemized properly yet still boasting about your purples, you're doing something wrong.

Second, the bosses were never buffed. They've always been easy.

Third, if you're going to insist that you're doing everything perfectly, then you should start looking at the people you're grouping with.

Maybe you should get all your gear orange and do dailies to get the level 50 modding like everyone else had to do? Just a thought considering it makes things doable and a whole lot easier. BTW if your doing Esseles in your current gear no wonder your wiping. DON'T try to take the easy way out and skip straight to HM's do your dailies and get all your stuff modded before doing HM's and Ops

I've been grinding dailys for a week already and have all the enhancements like everyone else had to do. Where else you think I got the mods from? I'm not trying the "easy way out" at all. You haven't even seen my gear to be able to judge it in the way you have.

btw dragonfor, you mustn't have known about the 50% buff that was added to all heroic bosses. And also there's no need for swearing.

Edited by MJHoyle

I've been grinding dailys for a week already and have all the enhancements like everyone else had to do. Where else you think I got the mods from? I'm not trying the "easy way out" at all. You haven't even seen my gear to be able to judge it in the way you have.

btw dragonfor, you mustn't have known about the 50% buff that was added to all heroic bosses. And also there's no need for swearing.

my guildies and I ran through all the HM's in one go recently and cleared them all in under 30 minutes (excluding lost island, that was a bit longer). I'm having a hard time following this "50% buff". Can you link any sources about this?

my guildies and I ran through all the HM's in one go recently and cleared them all in under 30 minutes (excluding lost island, that was a bit longer). I'm having a hard time following this "50% buff". Can you link any sources about this?
I'm really wondering where you're finding this 50% buff as well. Inquiring minds want to know, so a link would be nice. Edited by Averran
rude

Taral V goes down very easily, but other heroics just can't get the bosses down before they enrage, we get them to 5% then suddenly everyone drops dead. My rotation, spec and gear is not horrible. I'm a 5/31/5 commando, I got 4 purple items and my orange items have level 49 purple enhancements. I should be capable of downing a boss in places like Maelstrom Prison and Esseles, but it's not happening and it's really putting me off doing heroics that they should be this hard. imo the bosses got buffed way too much to satisfy the players who were decked in full artifact gear without any thought to those who are still working on completing their sets.

Think most of us went trough the same m8 when we started out grinding FPs to get tionese/columnis :)

First bosses we did at the time all enraged at about 15% at that point we had only fully or nearly fully pimped customs aswell.

We managed to get by, usealy everyone popping their CDs at enrage and hope the tank lives long enough :)

And make it easy on the healer. Avoid dmg and know what to interupt.

I can only quote what my guild master said. He's been empathising for 3 days now that all heroic bosses were given a 50% damage buff in 1.2

Dude me and my guildies just did this for fun tonight to see if your wrong, we all got our old modded gear on and we ran all the HM's no problem no enrage. Of course when we got to Lost Island we switched back to our full rakata cause that place is freaking insanity. But honestly get your gear modded all the way and check out the gear of people you group with. Odds are they suck.

Here's what I noticed this week. I didn't do any Hard Modes pre-1.2 so I'm not sure if this has always been the case but...

1. The Foundry HM is easier than Black Talon HM. Let me explain. My pick-up-group did the The Foundry HM on monday. I had on Champion and Columi Gear with a Rakata Earpiece (that took forever to grind). We did The Foundry and had no trouble except with 1 Death during the HK-47 fight.

Black Talon? 1 Death during the trash before reaching the bridge and 2 deaths during the final fight.

(so okay we didn't wipe on BT HM but...)

Why was the trash harder in BT than Foundry? Why did Yadira Ban do more damage than Revan? No I'm seriously. She was sort of a glass tank, she went down way quicker than Revan but did more DPS than he did.

Edited by AshlaBoga
incorrect information

Dude me and my guildies just did this for fun tonight to see if your wrong, we all got our old modded gear on and we ran all the HM's no problem no enrage. Of course when we got to Lost Island we switched back to our full rakata cause that place is freaking insanity. But honestly get your gear modded all the way and check out the gear of people you group with. Odds are they suck.

IT IS modded. Anybody else having trouble reading?

Half the people say hard modes are too easy, half of them say they are too hard. I think bioware got the difficulty right. Most likely if the bosses are enraging then the dps either sucks and/or is using bad gear. If everyone is living up until the enrage then your healer and tank are probably fine. I once tried to do battle of ilum final boss on hard mode with 2 dps that had only orange gear and some centurion (I am a healer). It was an epic fail as that boss has a relatively fast enrage.

So please do not screw your group over by getting in a hm group with bad gear. I hate being the arsehole who has to remove you.

I suggest getting pvp gear to do your first HMs if you dont want to grind out dailies until you have bought every mod. Its not exactly made for pve but it is still better than under lvl 50 gear. Or you could get every imaginable lvl 50 mod from dailies and put them in your orange gear.

To the OP: people are not having trouble reading - you just said in your op that you were using lvl 49 orange gear. Dailies provide mods for lvl 50 gear.

Edited by jonmcooper

I call ********, it is impossible to do FE in under 30 even with the most l33t group you can think of. Too many trash mobs.

Ran quite a bunch on both tanksin and a mara (not geared up yet), no issues with enrages whatsoever, except one time we ran with 2 healers lol. I don't know where you found 50% buff, but there's no way there is 50% buff to either hp or damage of bosses, it all felt the same as it did before.

Learn your rotation better, check the stats you have - balancing stats, not just stacking just 1 etc, double check the spec. And/or if its not you, check your teammates. Unless you have high end gear, you can't afford to carry dead weight in 4 people's group.

On a side note, I had a feeling some trash got either removed or moved in such a way its easier to avoid now, not sure if intentional.

Edited by DeathDiciple

I call ********, it is impossible to do FE in under 30 even with the most l33t group you can think of. Too many trash mobs.

That's why we just knock 30% off ledges...

Edited by Codek

I suggest getting pvp gear to do your first HMs if you dont want to grind out dailies until you have bought every mod. Its not exactly made for pve but it is still better than under lvl 50 gear. Or you could get every imaginable lvl 50 mod from dailies and put them in your orange gear.

I don't pvp and from what I heard pvp gear was changed that you do terrible dps in pve now whilst wearing pvp gear. I got the best I can get my hands on at this moment without grinding for days and days again for a 2nd rakata implant and buyable mods. It feels like a massive overkill that even the mods given by dailies are only good enough for 1 HM flashpoint.

To the OP: people are not having trouble reading - you just said in your op that you were using lvl 49 orange gear. Dailies provide mods for lvl 50 gear.

Only 3 of my items are 49 including a crafted earpiece. How can that be too bad?

Edited by MJHoyle

IT IS modded. Anybody else having trouble reading?

I can read however I would like to know the mods you are using and a link from torhead.com with your skill tree setup.

I would like to also know your rotation, and if possible a combat log from these encounters. I was running HM's back in 110-116 and it was entirely doable.

I am not saying your doing anything wrong however I would like some proof to back up your claim. Normally in any HM a 3-5min Enrage timer is normal unless otherwise specified.

When I started doing HM's pre 1.2 I was wearing orange gear with full daily mods/armoring. I had a artifact level 49 crafted earpiece and 2 blue lvl 45 implants. That was mostly for HM BT. I'd have to say that it might be your skill distribution, rotation, or maybe just the people you run with. If all of you are clickers that might be an issue as well. I'm not saying that HM's are impossible as a clicker (far from it) but it's infinitely easier when you bind your skills. I'm not sure which, if any, of these you are experiencing but they are some ideas at least.

The "hard modes" are all pretty easy, appart from 1 or 2 bosses and Lost Island. IMO some of the easier ones should be made harder and the rewards increased.

If hard modes are made easier, whats the point? They are made for people who want HARD content. If you don't want the challenge do normal mode....

Edited by NasherUK