Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

5k creds a game vs 37k to remove mods.

goulet

While i somewhat agree with your overall statement, it's still not completely true.

It will just take significantly more time with the PvP only route, but you will get enough cash to buy everything eventually.

Some of the armor mods I was talking about are BOE as well as the special PvP items that require PvE mission completion such as the world event. While yes you can technically get rakgoul dna from other members, and by getting infected in a warzone, it is slow and takes a long time as you said. The purple custom armor stuff I was talking about however is only gotten through crafting, which you need at least 5 companions to do "efficiently" at 50, and you only get the Companions through PvE content.

Which was my point, you either do PvE and get the stuff quickly, or you can PvP forever and maybe get some of it eventually. Which is what Bioware wants, because they are not a PVP company but are a Role playing company.

Edited by Darth-Malkaevian

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bioware are taking the desperation route of retaining subs: Have everything in the game a constant grind to get anywhere.

A lot of peeps are whinging about credflation, not seen it myself. I barely had 500k when I hit 50 and blew nearly all that buying the recruit set for pvp and training my 50 skills.

Want to use that nice hilt with the augment slot you crafted on your alt? GL having to blow the equivalent of 30 warzone wins pulling the mods out of your battlemaster saber.

It's a crock and this game is going down the pan if it keeps up.

Edited by Koppster

frankly, i dont think the cost to pull is quite as bad as the grind to get the gear to begin with. averaging about 80 comms a game, it takes 141.25 games to get a full set of bm gear (according to this). does that seem excessive to anyone else?

Considering you can do that in a few days? No.

In Most MMO's it takes Months to get a Full set of anything Top tier. You should be thankful.

Considering you can do that in a few days? No.

In Most MMO's it takes Months to get a Full set of anything Top tier. You should be thankful.

Aint top tier tho, just a weird requirement to get the top tier, but well ranked WZ's still missing after all so it's kind of wonky anyways.

Modding costs are high, no questions asked, but a decent money sink is healthy for the economy after all.

Which is also what i said, why is everyone here saying the same thing as me, but still putting it differently lol

You get cash through PvP don't you?

why can't the player PvP for cash to modify his/her PvP gear? (IE remove mods and place in other gear) <- what you said

You can...yes you can, where is the problem, i don't get it. Atleast i get cash for my PvP games, totally agreed the ammount and they way rewards are granted are weird atm, but i DO get cash.

Withour ranked games, we do daylies (pvp) and play games (to trade normal commendations) to get ranked ones.

By the time you have enough commendations for a piece, you already racked up a lot of cash through PvP, where does that not work out in the end?

Which is what i said...?

You get your cash faster through PvE, that's it. Its your choice how to handle things.

Then you missed the initial complaint which is about the amount of cash recieved. There's not bunch of dailies you can earn cash with from pvp only 1 daily and 1 weekly as opposed to PvE. If they added some PvP dailies that reward only cash that's a different situation. But that's not in is it.

There is a cash flow discrepancy between PvE and PvP. The gap is rather wide, especially now. If I need monies, I go do PvE dailies. That's just the way the system works currently, because the PvP daily/weekly rewards are pretty lousy. The cost to mod gear is WAY out of whack across the board.

If you're not selling goods on the GTN, credits are not easy to come by in SWTOR compared to other games in my opinion.

Edited by TheronFett

so check this out....neither is PvE...and maybe ppl expect to get everything done with PvP because u can get everything done with PvE. see how that works?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This

I skip all but my class quests and PvP...the class quests are the only thing I can tolerate. The few other quests I did I have no idea what the conversation was about and didn't know what I was supposed to do until I read the quest log. I just hit spacebar as fast as possible and pick random options until the dumb conversation ends.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.