Bioware: Stop Breaking Us

Aerro

So, I decided to log on today and check to see if the posts I am reading are true. Seems like some people are having complaints about Heatseeker doing even less damage when they are by themselves.

Lets have a recap:

In 1.2, Tracer Missile took a 10% nerf while Heatseeker took a 10% buff.

Pre-nerf, I was doing 4k crits with my Tracer Missile and 5k with adrenals popped.

After 1.2, I do 2800 crits and 4k with adrenals.

THAT IS NOT 10%. Obviously Bioware is doing something wrong and I know it is not just me.

Pre-nerf, I was doing 5.5k crits with Heatseeker and about 15k in raids due to the bug.

When 1.2 hit, my Heatseekers were doing 6k crits when I was on my own.

Now after lastnights hotfix, I am doing 4.5k heatseeker crits. Bioware basically just nerfed Heatseekers too.

I can't wait to see my damage in tonights raid because after being #1 for the past couple weeks- I am sure I will be middle of the pack this time around.

For the record: We are 3/4 HM right now so I am not a scrub. I've just taken a notice to Biowares flawed programming.

Just did some more testing to make sure I am not imagining this:

2069 Aim unbuffed. 567 Power.

I am doing 2300 noncrits with Heatseeker... when yesterday I was able to do 3300 noncrits... on my target dummy on my ship. GG Bioware. G *********** G.

Edited by Aerro

This wasn't just a nerf. They were supposedly supposed to fix us, not break us.

When my heatseeker missiles hit for 600 less than its base damage in the tooltip, there is an issue. My crits are HALF than what they were when I was alone before. The damage when you are by yourself was supposed to be unchanged. They were only fixing us benefiting from other mercs... but now we don't even benefit from our own.

This wasn't just a nerf. They were supposedly supposed to fix us, not break us.

When my heatseeker missiles hit for 600 less than its base damage in the tooltip, there is an issue. My crits are HALF than what they were when I was alone before. The damage when you are by yourself was supposed to be unchanged. They were only fixing us benefiting from other mercs... but now we don't even benefit from our own.

It's almost like there are armor, defense numbers and a billion other factors playing in there...so strange.

Is there anything people on this forum won't rage about. Hitting for less than the tooltip is not a "bug"

It's almost like there are armor, defense numbers and a billion other factors playing in there...so strange.

Is there anything people on this forum won't rage about. Hitting for less than the tooltip is not a "bug"

This ignorance is strong in this one.

When all of my testing has been done on the SAME target dummy, shouldn't the results still be THE SAME?

Please explain why I am doing 2200 less damage on crit in the same exact situation I've put myself in numerous times to parse data? Goodjob.

While going the corellia dailes solo, I was watching was watching HS hit for the same mount or less damage then TM.

The hits would go like this. TM - 2.3k, TM - 2.1k, TM 2.4k (heat signature x5), HS - 2.4k.

There is something very wrong.

Stephen Reid had me private message him so I sent him what I believe is going on and that I am not the only one in the same boat as well as some numbers indicating a change.

You guys read that patch notes?

Says in BOLD LETTERS what was happening

That isn't the issue at hand.

The problem is that our Heatseekers seem to be doing LESS damage when we are alone than they did yesterday when we were alone. The changes were merely fixing us benefiting from OTHER mercenaries. Please read posts before you try to talk down to us.

You guys read that patch notes?

Says in BOLD LETTERS what was happening

Lets use small words.

Targetting dummies in ships allow players to solo test their abilities. This has nothing to do with the patch notes, since the change doesn't apply to this situation. Got it so far?

Now.. before the patch BH's are reporting they were hitting for one number, and after the patch they are hitting for a different number. A much lower number. Keeping up so far?

This means something broke, something that wasn't supposed to break and is a problem for BH's.

While going the corellia dailes solo, I was watching was watching HS hit for the same mount or less damage then TM.

The hits would go like this. TM - 2.3k, TM - 2.1k, TM 2.4k (heat signature x5), HS - 2.4k.

There is something very wrong.

Quick and easy solution: SPAM TRACER MISSILE! :)

(I really hope this gets fixed quickly)

The change in skill formulas for both, Tracer Missile and Power Shot, was not an approxemately 10% nerf, but precisely 19% reduction for static and scaling damage portion.

Those skills are still the largest part of the cake even after this rather serious adjustment, so saying there was no nerf is quite the lie.

I still managed one 5l+ heatseeker crit today, but the damage is definitely down big time.

My understanding of the notes was that it was supposed to still be hitting for the same as long as you were providing all the heat signatures. Does appear now that it is hitting about the same as it was pre 1.2 for me anyway

/signed

Yeah we really took one yesterday boys, broke and combat ineffective. I was a joke in pvp last night. I'm not good to begin with but I'm at least a pain in the hind parts. I was irrelevant and literally being heckled. I had to apologize to my team and quit for the night and grind my assassin. I don't like saying one class is better than others but there are huge imbalances right now with a couple classes. We were hitting to hard with the stack, but holy crap I can't even use HS (700- from the hip/ 2200k with stack and crit/ geared with Master & Champ), explosive dart was hitting harder????

Any word on when this will be fixed? I'd like to play my BH again...

If this was something benefiting players, BW would take the servers down in a second to fix it. Since it's NOT benefiting players, they probably won't get around to it until next week sometime.

One more gripe. As far as contributing to wins and getting wins, neither are capable at this time without help from several teammates. For the burn'em down class, last night, I was getting burned a lot.

Aerro did someone respond to you in some ways from bioware?

Stephen Reids response to me was that the dev team did not report any bugs in the hotfix. He asked me to PM him on these forums with my data so I have. No response back from that, however.

Stephen Reids response to me was that the dev team did not report any bugs in the hotfix. He asked me to PM him on these forums with my data so I have. No response back from that, however.

Do you know if bioware is going to do anything? Because this is crap.