People who are hitting 5k+ railshot...please post your gear setup

Hupepak

So for those people who are regularly hitting 5k+ railshot, can you provide me a little detail about your gear setup?

1. Are you using any pve gear?

2. How much expertise do you have?

3. Are you using the BM accuracy/crit/expertise mods or power/surge ones?

4. What kind of stats do you have?

Thanks!!

So for those people who are regularly hitting 5k+ railshot, can you provide me a little detail about your gear setup?

1. Are you using any pve gear?

2. How much expertise do you have?

3. Are you using the BM accuracy/crit/expertise mods or power/surge ones?

4. What kind of stats do you have?

Thanks!!

O.O is this even possible?! My max railshot damage is 4.6k in Full BM PvP (2 WH) armor, vs a Newbie...

I hit 5.4k on a guy that obviously couldnt be bothered to buy the recruit set and get any expertise. I also think he was a Sage without his shield up.

I am full Battlemaster with Warhero blaster and 1200 ish expertise.

Edited by BCass

I have only hit two 5k rail shots since 1.2 has come out. I am wearing all BM gear except champion boots and relic. For the most part I am noticing my crit numbers are down a little before the patch. None of my gear is currently modded. I tried modding a couple of pieces and thought my numbers went down, but might do some more testing in the future.

highest railshot with relic, adrenal, pvp buff bloodthirst on a fresh 50 without exp 6,5k normal 4-5k crit

Full BM modified with max ap and surge, 2 warhero pieces and 4 augment slots (wp, breast, head,boots) and 1100 exp

Edited by neonicer

• 4 months later...

5K hits pretty much every game with some 6K hits every now and then. Biggest hit 8647 with RS. Probably some fresh 50 that I hit with pvp buff, etc. My current stats are a little bit better since the big hit but not much different.

Build:

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/34f3318c-2198-4813-bb4e-a0bfdd632f30

RS hit:

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c259/Chad711/swtor/Screenshot_2012-07-04_23_14_46_492184.jpg

I assume this is PvP related, so...

In Warzones, I normally hit around 4600-4800 on most players. These players generally have 1000+ Experience.

On rare occasions I'll notice my 5000+ hits, and I keep a tally when I beat a previous score. My current recorded record is 5468 (this player was clearly not wearing a lot of PvP gear).

For your convenience, here is my PvP gear as of the time of this post. I hope this helps.

Edited by DacRycar

I as well will assume that this is PvP oriented, but will include PvE as well.

As for PvP: Rarely, anymore, do I hit for over 5k. I would say that the average critical hit is between 4300-4800. I wear almost full WH with only a few modifications to the gear. I will hit for 5k on occasion, but if I ran 5 matches a day it may only occur once or twice.

As for PvE: I consistently hit general raid trash mobs as well as bosses themselves for well over 5k damage. I would wager that the majority of my critical hits, in PvE, land anywhere between 5400-6000; when not considering other armor debuffs, adrenals, or other non external buffs. My PT is geared in, more or less, full black hole with an emphasis on aim and power. I run approximately 2100 aim without a stim and approximately 1000 power without under the same operating conditions. I'm not looking at the character sheet and I stopped bothering to updated MrRobot because it was becoming a pain, but the only part of my build that I believe could benefit from some tweaks is my crit %; it's a little under where it should be. I strongly consider the campaign gear to be trash, aside from a few pieces, mainly the armor itself and I utilize a rakata shell for the additional 8% damage to railshot. Due to the higher base damage, I believe the 8% damage buff is better than the % critical.

I'm sure someone could post an ideally optimized build, but I believe that the grind required to achieve something along those lines has a DR curve as well, and my interest in grabbing an extra percentage point or two is minimal at this point; especially considering the current and upcoming raids that we encounter on a week to week basis.