Tank Assassins (and Shadows) are ruining PvP.

Dee-Jay

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get kited by good players all the time it's all about picking and choosing ur fights and knowing when CD's are up or down in a fight.

By what class? I'm honestly curious, not trying to be snarky, because you can't kite them with a powertech and even though my assassin is low level I've yet to be kited with even half of my CDs up.

That's true, very true. I do have 2 level 50s though and I tried the kiting strat on my powertech. Doesn't work because of the reasons I mentioned above.

I'm still learning a lot about assassins so I am by no means an expert, but all those factors I mentioned above make it just as impossible to kite them at level 50. The only way to peel them is knocking them off the ramps in huttball because of no charge (of course they might pull you if you're not careful. I forgot to mention pull in my "you can't kite them ramble")

Its a game of cat and mouse counter punches and constant movement. I am gonna try to you must try to keep closing getting away its a harder fight not impossible. Kiting is a skill once mastered ur hard to beat and a pain in the arse force pull has a long cd for a 1 on 1 fight.

Okay we done with that its case closed thanks for playing.....

I mean really, this thread is redundant, because as you and every other tankassin in dps gear knows...

...the nerf bat is coming for you, regardless of outcry.

Because ratings ARE coming eventually. The facts / numbers / ratings will bear it all out. What will it be then? That only the Tankassins / Tankshadows are the good players in this game?

Nerfbat is coming for you guys, like it or not and your adamant denial just adds incentive for everyone to point and laugh when it comes your direction.

Any steaslth class that can do damage while stunning can always seem OP. Simply put they need different damage when in stealth and not in stealth.

Higher when in stealth because of the surprise facter and less when out of stealth because of being exposed to every one. That would cure a lot of the OP and still give them a burst damage to keep them happier then being nerfed into the dirt.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that most mobs are tanked out of stealth. <.<

Its a game of cat and mouse counter punches and constant movement. I am gonna try to you must try to keep closing getting away its a harder fight not impossible. Kiting is a skill once mastered ur hard to beat and a pain in the arse force pull has a long cd for a 1 on 1 fight.

Yes, but it's just one more tool you have to close the cap. You've got like 3 gap closers (one of them on a 20 second cooldown) and a ranged slow.

Again, I'm not trying to be a dick because there's a lot I don't know about assassins and I'm always willing to learn. This isn't my first MMO, though, and I've been pvping since I've had internet. This isn't my first circus, as they say.

I mean really, this thread is redundant, because as you and every other tankassin in dps gear knows...

Because ratings ARE coming eventually. The facts / numbers / ratings will bear it all out. What will it be then? That only the Tankassins / Tankshadows are the good players in this game?

Nerfbat is coming for you guys, like it or not and your adamant denial just adds incentive for everyone to point and laugh when it comes your direction.

Right now BWs stance is that Tanksins are performing according to metrics. Not having one at level 50 I can't say, so to a certain extent I do trust BW. This game is pretty well balanced, and I certainly don't think Assassins are game-breakingly OP. I just think their damage is a little high compared to other tanks. That's all.

Yes, but it's just one more tool you have to close the cap. You've got like 3 gap closers (one of them on a 20 second cooldown) and a ranged slow.

Again, I'm not trying to be a dick because there's a lot I don't know about assassins and I'm always willing to learn. This isn't my first MMO, though, and I've been pvping since I've had internet. This isn't my first circus, as they say.

If you want give me ur class and spec and I write you a detailed counter strategy every job has weaknesses and strengths and spcs that make you rocks paper and scissors really...

I play 8 alts to learn exactly what are the best counters why simply because it teaches me to press the buttons that frustrate me. A good kiter using ranged and terrain is a pain in the arse.....

Edited by LordbishopX

Right now BWs stance is that Tanksins are performing according to metrics. Not having one at level 50 I can't say, so to a certain extent I do trust BW. This game is pretty well balanced, and I certainly don't think Assassins are game-breakingly OP. I just think their damage is a little high compared to other tanks. That's all.

Nah, bud I don't trust BW at all anymore.

They allow game breaking bugs to exist for months on end, making healing Sorcs/Sages completely overpowered and instead of finally fixing the bug, they fix the bug and nerf them to the ground.

And guess what? The very same double-dipping mechanic exists for Sorcs/Sages low in the TK tree, still.

I'd like to trust BW, but I do not. Like I said, the numbers will bear it all out when ratings are available. And they will not be able to avoid swinging the nerfbat at that particular spec / gear configuration, whether they want to or not.

The biggest reason why Tankasins are overpowered is that even when you beat them, you still lose. Tankasin have at least double the survivality compared to most DPS classes and there's no way any Tankasin does twice the DPS of any good DPS. This means each time you killed a Tanksin, 2 other guys didn't have to die and those two guys will hurt you far more than the single Tankasin even as powerful as Tankasin are.

People really need to understand that the more you kill a Tankasin, the less likely you'll win against the enemy team at all because you're giving a free pass to every other DPS on that team while you focus on the Tankasin. If I lead my team in death, my team will usually win rather comfortably unless it was a blow out.

Oh, you mean Tankasins are OP because they are TANKS? LOL. These are basic MMO mechanics. If people are dumb enough to attack the tanks, they are playing right into the purpose of having tanks; to soak up damage so the rest of the team doesn't have to. Yes, if you spend the whole game trying to kill the tank instead of the healers & other squishy enemies, you will lose. Works on raid bosses and works on real players too :)

I don't agree with the argument that Tankasins deal incredible damage, though. If they are truly tank spec and wearing tank gear, they are not going to be anywhere close to leading the damage chart and any decent dual wielder or ranged DPS will double or triple their damage easily. Now, if you have an assassin or shadow who is doing a hybrid spec and wearing all DPS gear, they are going to deal more damage, but also be considerably easier to kill than a full tank... because they are not a tank.

I play a full tank spec assassin in full BM and do a fair amount of PvP and I don't think the class is overpowered at all, let alone ruining PvP. Tanking is much less viable since 1.2 and guarding somebody is quite hazardous to your health with the new damage & expertise changes. They need to change the way that shield/absorb works so that those stats actually make a difference (and perhaps so guarded dmg will be mitigated by absorb, as it should), and then tanks will actually be able to really tank again.

Right now, PvP is dominated by DPS , so I highly doubt Bioware will be setting their sights anywhere near assassins and shadows until they've dealt with the imbalance they created with 1.2 and DPS classes. A good marauder or sentinel is just about as hard to kill as I am, and they can deal 3x more damage. Put two or three of them together and they'll rip through your team like you're not even wearing armor, tanks and all.

while I cannot deny that there probably is a nerf coming I cant help but wonder how many it will take for the complaints to stop. I mean I still hear people complaining about healing, dps ops, and BH's. Increase defense lower damage and do something to the other trees to make them worth while. Me Ill still run tank spec as I have been doing so since early access.

I just hope you guys demanding a nerf really want it as most "changes" or "balancing" they do to classes usually results in more complaining mostly coming from the same players who were demanding a change.

Again I go by the fact that a few good players play the class right and all heII breaks loose as a result.

bring it on

while I cannot deny that there probably is a nerf coming I cant help but wonder how many it will take for the complaints to stop. I mean I still hear people complaining about healing, dps ops, and BH's. Increase defense lower damage and do something to the other trees to make them worth while. Me Ill still run tank spec as I have been doing so since early access.

I just hope you guys demanding a nerf really want it as most "changes" or "balancing" they do to classes usually results in more complaining mostly coming from the same players who were demanding a change.

Again I go by the fact that a few good players play the class right and all heII breaks loose as a result.

bring it on

No matter what it will be nerf paper scissors is fine says Rock..... Peeps will qq any time they lose....

If you want give me ur class and spec and I write you a detailed counter strategy every job has weaknesses and strengths and spcs that make you rocks paper and scissors really...

I play 8 alts to learn exactly what are the best counters why simply because it teaches me to press the buttons that frustrate me. A good kiter using ranged and terrain is a pain in the arse.....

I don't need to be told how to play, I know what I'm doing on my 50s. I'm curious as to what classes you are referring to that can actually kite an assassin, because I haven't seen it yet but maybe that's because I'm not 50.

What game changing moves get picked up at 50 that make everything I've said not valid? That's all I'm wondering. What happens at 50 that makes them become kitable? Because right now they're not because of all of those gap closers, snares, and other factors I mentioned.

Maraders/Sentinels deal MUCH more dmg + have better survivability due to incredible, short-cd defensive cooldowns.

The only reasonable complaint against Shadow/Assassin tanks is that Guard is extremely strong when used vs. noobs.

nope not true read all the comments...dps tanks have the best survivability and dps in the game

I don't need to be told how to play, I know what I'm doing on my 50s. I'm curious as to what classes you are referring to that can actually kite an assassin, because I haven't seen it yet but maybe that's because I'm not 50.

What game changing moves get picked up at 50 that make everything I've said not valid? That's all I'm wondering. What happens at 50 that makes them become kitable? Because right now they're not because of all of those gap closers, snares, and other factors I mentioned.

Then you don't need my help cool keep not kiting me.

Then you don't need my help cool keep not kiting me.

You're avoiding my question.

I'm not saying that Assassins are OP and I'm not neccesarily hopping on the "Nerf assassin train" but don't pretend like "Just kite me" is an option. There's so many reasons why that's a broken arguement and the fact that you can't answer my question is just proving that.

What class kites you? That's all I want to know.

nope not true read all the comments...dps tanks have the best survivability and dps in the game

this is painfully incorrect, tanksins will never do as much dps as a DPS specced char, now survive as much as a tanking character... i think its almost a given that most people do not wear tank gear in WZ's

You don't lose a Tankasin unless you've a permanent snare because you WILL be permanently snared, which means you've another Tankasin on your side, and even then we got a lot of tricks to keep up with an enemy even while permanently snared. In a pinch, Force Pull almost always works.

People keep on pretend they can interrupt Force Lightning, forgetting that there are usually a lot of people throwing this spell in general due to the prevalence of this class, and that most ability to stop Force Ligthning requires a GCD too so if it ticked twice and then get interrupted, it's not even necessarily a bad trade. Interrupting is only useful for the guys who insist on waiting for 3 stacks before using FL.

For some point of reference, I do 9600 damage in one Force Lighting with power adrenal + relic + reckless + 3 charges on the WZ training dummy. I don't know if that's a lot or not since I don't know what the level of mitigation is on that dummy, but it's a constant point of reference. Feel free to post your numbers against the same dummy. If people can regularly hit it fo 10K then Force Lightning isn't overpowered.

I'm not saying that Assassins are OP and I'm not neccesarily hopping on the "Nerf assassin train" but don't pretend like "Just kite me" is an option. There's so many reasons why that's a broken arguement and the fact that you can't answer my question is just proving that.

Yeah I mean we are hard to kite. Not impossible but hard. A good trooper could keep me at bay he will have to hit me with stun when I try to force speed to him, he runs away to start his rotation up. Now if I dont have my pull ready ill just have to cloak out of thats up. If I have cloak, or pull up yeah you are not kiting me.

Snipers can with very limitied success if you misjudge your distance game, though since Snipers are literally stationary it's not hard to stand exactly 9m away from them.