The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

free 30 days applied after next billing cycle. very misleading bw

Zeebie

There is a difference between not wanting to play a mmo and quitting, versus cancelling your sub while waiting for things to be fixed etc. I would guess most people that have cancelled their subscriptions really enjoy the game but were waiting for 1.2 to release before deciding to resub.

So for anyone that has cancelled but still has time on their subscription for all intensive purposes that is still considered a active subscription, the 30 day free etc promo should (ihmo) not require a player to pay for another month to qualify if all other conditions have been met.

Unless you just have a few days you can't play from the time your account expires to the time the free 30 kick in? If that's the case then (OP stop whining!) ;)

That being said this was very nice of Bioware/EA to do in the first place, I honestly hope it helps the game get more players.

Wasnt very nice of Bioware/EA to do there intentions arnt good it all about keeping subscibers and making money alot us aware of the real reason they did it.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your right bro it was misleading but there people whom can see a plane hit building and believe the story the media tells them so no different here, some are yesmen mindless robots consumers that dont think for themselves so your right this was a ploy to money grab as was suspected when trying to keep subs up for finanical records, good to see some people have a IQ over 30

Let's not forget that this joke of a "promo" is ONLY geared towards ppl with toons at 50. Because they are the "loyal" players. I don't think I've heard a worse piece of crap in my entire life. What, you have a 50 and that makes you "loyal???" I've been playing since the beginning and none of my toons are at 50 cuz I like to take my time and rotate inbetween my toons but I guess that since I'm NOT at 50, even though I've given their sorry assets a sub from the beginning, I'm not a "loyal" player. This company makes me sick and hope they get investigated by the SEC.

Give something to people for free as a gesture of thanks and they complain.

Give them nothing and they compain endlessly and call you every name in the book.

It's a neverending vicious cycle brought on by the self-entitled mentality of this generation of youth.

Sad beans.

Let's not forget that this joke of a "promo" is ONLY geared towards ppl with toons at 50. Because they are the "loyal" players. I don't think I've heard a worse piece of crap in my entire life. What, you have a 50 and that makes you "loyal???" I've been playing since the beginning and none of my toons are at 50 cuz I like to take my time and rotate inbetween my toons but I guess that since I'm NOT at 50, even though I've given their sorry assets a sub from the beginning, I'm not a "loyal" player. This company makes me sick and hope they get investigated by the SEC.

And lets not forget that legacy level 6 also gets you a free month (non-stacking), which is pretty easy to achieve if you've unlocked a legacy at all.

You can't do anything that benefits a demographic, because then someone else will see it and feel entitled. -_-

Edited by Munkerz

No zeebie this is a what a scam looks like -

Subject : MR SULEMAN BELLO

FROM THE OFFICE MR SULEMAN BELLO

AFRICAN DEVELOPMENT BANK (ADB).

OUAGADOUGOU BURKINA FASO.

WEST AFRICA.

TRANSFER OF ($ 25,200.000.00) TWENTY FIVE MILLION, TWO HUNDREN THOUSAND DOLLARS.

I AM SULEMAN BELLO, THE AUDITOR GENERAL OF AFRICAN DEVELOPMENT BANK HERE IN BURKINA FASO. DURING THE COURSE OF OUR AUDITING, I DISCOVERED A FLOATING FUND IN AN ACCOUNT OPENED IN THE BANK BY MR JOHN KOROVO AND AFTER GOING THROUGH SOME OLD FILES IN THE RECORDS I DISCOVERED THAT THE OWNER OF THE ACCOUNT DIED IN THE (BEIRUT-BOUND CHARTER JET) PLANE CRASH ON THE 25TH DECEMBER 2003 IN COTONOU (REPUBLIC OF BENIN).

AND NOBODY HAS OPERATED ON THIS ACCOUNT AGAIN, THE OWNER OF THIS ACCOUNT IS MR JOHN KOROVO A FOREIGNER, AND A TRADER WHO TRADE ON GOLD AND MINING, HE DIED, SINCE 2003 AND NO OTHER PERSON KNOWS ABOUT THIS ACCOUNT OR ANY THING CONCERNING IT, THE ACCOUNT HAS NO OTHER BENEFICIARY AND MY INVESTIGATION PROVED TO ME AS WELL THAT MR JOHN KOROVO DIE ALONG WITH HIS TIRED FAMILY. THE AMOUNT INVOLVED IS (USD 25.2 M) TWENTY-FIVE MILLION, TWO HUNDRED THOUSAND UNITED STATES DOLLARS ONLY , I AM CONTACTING YOU AS A FOREIGNER BECAUSE THIS MONEY CAN NOT BE APPROVED TO A LOCAL PERSON HERE, BUT CAN ONLY BE APPROVED TO ANY FOREIGNER WITH VALID INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT OR DRIVERS LICENSE AND FOREIGN ACCOUNT BECAUSE THE MONEY IS IN US DOLLARS AND THE FORMER OWNER OF THE ACCOUNT MR JOHN KOROVO IS A FOREIGNER TOO, AND THE MONEY CAN ONLY BE APPROVED INTO A FOREIGN ACCOUNT.

I NEED YOUR STRONG ASSURANCE THAT YOU WILL NEVER, NEVER CHEAT ME AS SOON AS THIS FUND HIT INTO YOUR ACCOUNT. WITH MY INFLUENCE AND THE POSITION OF THE BANK OFFICIAL WE CAN TRANSFER THIS MONEY TO ANY FOREIGNER'S RELIABLE ACCOUNT WHICH YOU CAN PROVIDE WITH ASSURANCE THAT THIS MONEY WILL BE INTACT PENDING OUR PHYSICAL ARRIVAL IN YOUR COUNTRY FOR SHARING. THE BANK OFFICIAL WILL PROVE ALL DOCUMENTS OF TRANSACTION IMMEDIATELY FOR YOU TO RECEIVE THIS FUND LEAVING NO TRACE TO ANY PLACE AND TO BUILD CONFIDENCE.

ON THE CONCLUSION OF THIS TRANSACTION YOU WILL BE ENTITLED TO 30% OF THE TOTAL SUM AS GRATIFICATION, WHILE 10% WILL BE SET ASIDE TO TAKE CARE OF THEEXPENSES THAT MAY ARISE DURING THE TIME OF TRANSFER AND ALSO TELEPHONE BILLS, WHILE 60% WILL BE FOR ME.

SO ON THE INDICATION OF YOUR WILLINGNESS I WANT YOU TO FORWARD TO ME YOUR :FULL NAME: SEX: COMPANY: IF ANY FULL CONTACT ADDRESS: PHONE: CELL: FAX: CITY: STATE:ZIP CODE COUNTRY: OCCUPATION AND ALL THE NECESSARYINFORMATION WILL BE SENT TO YOU ON THE ACCEPTANCE TO CHAMPION THIS TRANSACTION WITH ME.

THANKS

YOURS TRULY

SULEMAN BELLO

But they actually given us anything yet. Its all a promise of stuff. Has anyone seen that free day from 1·2a downtime. How would we know we cant check our current billing time as the accounts page is broken. Hey are asking for more money with the promise of a free something which is misleading.

I agree with all this, how dare Bioware give us 30 days free... HOW DARE THEY. I mean, I'm a paying customer... do they think we're some sort of charity cases or something. And its also not immediate and this month... How very dare they.

Next time you want to give us free stuff Bioware, you should think about what your doing. It's an insult to us all that we get a free month. And don't get me started on xmas.... that fat red bloke giving out presents oh no!!! He's obviously dodgy and probably a murderer !!!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh...

(Yes for those of you that slow that your actually complaining about a free month, this is sarcasm)

I am personally stunned beyond belief. I mean, I know that the internet is a wretched hive of scum and villainy, but I am seriously in awe that people would try to find a way to complain about an MMO offering a FREE month of play. Who the f cares when it is applied (unless of course they said that it would be added in March 2018 or some crap), they are still giving you free game time. Grow up and put your big boy pants on, and realize that this world doesn't revolve around you. Learn to appreciate things, not just find fault in them because they aren't fitting exactly to your standards.

If you read it says next billing cycle (you will get it by the 24th) so basically if your renew date (like mine) is before the 24th you get charged for the next month then they will tack on the free 30 days. Some people have gotten thier 30 days already and some of us have not and that is fine as they are giving it to us. Edited by rgdelta