Remove the rakghoul plague now

No, several of them are specifically arguing against any form of opt out.

Runeshard in particular was quite vehement about it. I can go back to those posts and grab some other names if you really want me to.

There are definitely griefers using the plague to grief people.

Only because I think there already is an opt out, more than one if you think about just jumping off a cliff or a railing at the fleet. It's the caving into the complaints of a very small minority that I don't agree with.

And yes, there are griefers, the example you gave about the players standing around the PvP terminal taunting others in general chat is a prime example. While I have never seen that on my server I don't doubt that some would actually do that. The point is that that kind of player would find ways to grief other no matter what, and your insistence of lumping a lot of people here in with griefers just because they don't share your views on the event isn't very reasonable of you.

Edited by Runeshard

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True, but listening to some people in this thread every single person taking part in this event is a griefer. There are a lot of game mechanics that can be used for griefing, like clicking a harvest node and then not taking the loot so that no one else can take it and so that it doesn't respawn. Just because a few bad apples decide to act like that doesn't mean the event is to be curtailed, trust me these people would find ways to act poorly regardless.

I will agree with that and I am in no way asking this to be ended just for a few bad apples. My only request from bioware is better communication for anything like this in the future and consider if you need an injection that it last through death for a set amount of hours.

Other than that I don't see a reason to end this until they are ready to do so.

Fromt the fact that it had happened to him and his guild often enough to make them unsub... Are you saying they saw someone was infected but waited for him/her to explode before doing something about it.
That doesn't make any sense... his complaint was about having to repeatedly go get stims after wiping because they were being infected after wiping That doesn't say anything about not watching for debuffs, just that hacing to break the raid to deal with people who (it seems to me) are likely griefing, since they're sitting at an op rez point. It seems kind of unreasonable to assume that they're there for any purpose other than infecting people who are trying to raid rather than participate in the event..

While it is true enough that you've only yelled and complained about not being given a completely free opt out, when a reasonable one is available; What other conclusion can be drawn from all your rants about this event and it's rewards not being worth the 10-30 seconds it would cost?
That I have a purple crystal and am uninterested in a black/green one (I don't like black core sabers), that I don't like rakghouls and don't want a pet, and that I like the way my companions look and don't have any interest in diseased versions of them.

So: do you agree, I haven't actually called for a curtailing of the event? That in fact, that entire claim is entirely bogus?

Does that actually mean what I think it means? That he got infected and so used a vaccine and did so 25 times in one day?
Correct; 33 pvp matches, so he did a little better than 1 per match. My guess is that he managed to avoid getting reinfected in a few of those matches.

And not that it has to do with anything other than your nitpicking and overly argumentative nature but why did you feel the need to try to be so belittling in this matter? It must have occured to you that the person who corrected Korrigan, doing so was in rather poor form in my opinion, was actually doing so in regards to the English language (or according to you only thinking that he was)
What exactly is belittling about "personally, I hope not" in response to a request to extend the event? I don't understand you at all.

oh wait, I think I've got it figured out... your quotes are off by one here.

someone corrected him saying milleniums; he responded that he wasn't an english speaker, along with a snide remark about being multilinguil (which another poster responded to). I still have an interest in latin so pointed out that it's a latin word, and it's pluralization rule doesn't actually follow the english ones, it uses the latin one (2nd declension neuter iirc).

I'm still not sure what you think was belittling about it. It's an aside based on an interest in language.

I'm starting to get fed up with your insulting attitude, your hack and slash quoting so you can twist the meaning of others and your general trivial complaining. Simply deal with the fact that there is indeed a reasonable way to opt out, instead of constantly yelling for a free one. This event, intrusion-wise, is mild compared to stuff that for example WoW and CoH/CoV have run.
No, the wow ones are much less intrusive. if you look at things that are analogue to the plague, say... costumes during halloween or easter... those can only be applied if you;re in the same party. The general rule in wow is that you can only inconvenience people you're partied with... there may be some exceptions, but I can't think of any off hand. Edited by ferroz

[snip] But in general, one should ask, "What if I'm wrong, and everyone else is right?"

That would require a degree of introspection most in this thread would be unable to muster.

From a Penny Arcade I won't link because it has dirty words:

I'm going on the internet, to find people who agree with me.

<internet disagrees>

And?

Everybody says I'm wrong.

Did that cause you to look inward?

It did not.

More namecalling..

Calling it for what it is. Not my fault someone is bored because they rushed there way thru the game. Content locust taking out frustrations on those like me. Hmmmm wonder if this is a form of ..... :rolleyes:

Look, players can't MAKE themselves explode. They aren't running up to you and spoding on you on purpose. If they go to the PVP terminal and stand there, MOVE if you don't want to be infected. It's not like you have to stand in front of it to PVP. You could easily grab the quest and then move into a room where no one is until after your match.

Unless the player is following you around when you're trying to get away, they are NOT griefing. Exploding at the GTN or PVP terminal is not griefing. You know full well that the player was infected and you stood there anyway. Stop trying to play the victim. If you're infected, it's most likely because you weren't paying attention or that you're too stubborn to move away from people who are infected. You're griefing yourself.

Nice deflection. Very Alinskian. :rolleyes:

Stay on point! :D

You talking about the guy who encouraged and mobilized the majority to stand up to the tyranny of the minority, right?

Isn't that what most of this thread has been about?

more than one if you think about just jumping off a cliff or a railing at the fleet.

That's actually the very first thing I tried the very first time I got infected with this "feature".

And it didn't work. Skydiving in fleet I still had the debuff on me when I revived. The only opt-out I'm aware of costs 2k.

That's actually the very first thing I tried the very first time I got infected with this "feature".

And it didn't work. Skydiving in fleet I still had the debuff on me when I revived. The only opt-out I'm aware of costs 2k.

you have to wait till it hits the second stage.

I'm somewhat disappointed that you guys continue to argue, just let the thread die. I'm afraid this discussion will outlast the world event itself at this point.

Confused. Let me get this straight. You post in a thread you would like to see die which adds to said thread and begs a response? ;)

Calling it for what it is. Not my fault someone is bored because they rushed there way thru the game. Content locust taking out frustrations on those like me. Hmmmm wonder if this is a form of ..... :rolleyes:

Yes, we should all limit our playtime incase we happen to reach level 50 in four months. In truth it takes very little time to get to 50.

[snip]

No, the wow ones are much less intrusive. if you look at things that are analogue to the plague, say... costumes during halloween or easter... those can only be applied if you;re in the same party. The general rule in wow is that you can only inconvenience people you're partied with... there may be some exceptions, but I can't think of any off hand.

You must never been in the forums during Children's Week or other events that required PvP involovement.

You would think that the casuals were breaking into the SRS BZNESS PvPer's houses and pouring water on their computers.

I understand. I play on a PvE server too. That doesn't ensure that no other players will ever be able to affect us, you know.

What rules are those?

You seem to believe that there are a set of rules guaranteeing that no other characters will ever be able to interact with you, without your explicit consent. I'm unaware of any such rules. Instead, I'm aware of very specific mechanics (not rules) that prevent combat from occurring without consent. Since an infection is not mechanically the same as being in combat, those mechanical restrictions do not affect the virus.

You're choosing to interpret being infected with the virus as being identical to being attacked in combat, although the game obviously treats them differently. Nobody else, from the devs to the other players posting in this thread, seems to agree with you. Sometimes, when the opposition to one's views is overwhelming, one should just buckle down and push on through. But in general, one should ask, "What if I'm wrong, and everyone else is right?"

Part of the problem is that there may not be set PvP rules. But here is what I have found:

Player vs. Environment (PvE) - In Star Wars™: The Old Republic™, Player vs. Environment servers serve as the "default." On these servers, you have the option to role-play as your character, and player- vs.- player fights must be agreed to by both sides. - New Player Guide

3. Harass, threaten, embarrass, or do anything to another player that is unwanted. This includes posting insulting, offensive, or abusive comments about players, repeatedly sending unwanted messages, attacking a player based on race, sexual orientation, religion, heritage, etc. Hate speech is not tolerated. (See also “Harassment Policy” below.) - Rules of Conduct

20. Do anything that interferes with the ability of other Service users to enjoy playing Star Wars: The Old Republic and using the Service in accordance with its rules, or that materially increases the expense or difficulty of EA in maintaining the Service for the enjoyment of all its users.- RoC

1. Harassment consists of misuse and/or abuse of game mechanics and verbal harassment with the intention of distressing and offending other players. Game mechanics allow players to interact with the world and each other. For example, the ability to block a doorway is a game mechanic. Use of game mechanics like these is by no means considered harassment in and of itself. The key to determining whether the mechanic is being misused or abused is to determine "intent." Reported incidents are not considered harassment until it is determined by the SWTOR CS that it was done to intentionally to cause distress or to offend other players. - RoC Harassment Policy

5. Player versus Player (“PvP”) activities, where available, are not exempt from this policy.- RoC Harassment Policy

Sorry, forgot to mention that it works once you reach the fever stage, you're right, it doesn't work for the lightheaded stage.

You talking about the guy who encouraged and mobilized the majority to stand up to the tyranny of the minority, right?

Isn't that what most of this thread has been about?

No I am talking about the delusional "Intelectual" who dedicated his book to a certain fallen angel. Who is a known sequelar progressive and promoted thug like techniques much akin to the OWS movement. :rolleyes:

People who claim that they can't avoid it are lying. Plain and simple. They are lying/trolling and been doing it for 300 or so pages now.

I play on the 3rd most populated server and I played on average 3 hours of night this week. I wasn't infected once, although I spent at least couple of hours on the fleet.

Is is virtually impossible to get infected unless you go out of the way and do it on purpose.

1. Harassment consists of misuse and/or abuse of game mechanics and verbal harassment with the intention of distressing and offending other players. Game mechanics allow players to interact with the world and each other. For example, the ability to block a doorway is a game mechanic. Use of game mechanics like these is by no means considered harassment in and of itself. The key to determining whether the mechanic is being misused or abused is to determine "intent." Reported incidents are not considered harassment until it is determined by the SWTOR CS that it was done to intentionally to cause distress or to offend other players. - RoC Harassment Policy

So technically BW encouraged a violation of their own rules by putting this game mechanic in the game. :eek:

;)

Part of the problem is that there may not be set PvP rules. But here is what I have found:

Player vs. Environment (PvE) - In Star Wars™: The Old Republic™, Player vs. Environment servers serve as the "default." On these servers, you have the option to role-play as your character, and player- vs.- player fights must be agreed to by both sides. - New Player Guide

3. Harass, threaten, embarrass, or do anything to another player that is unwanted. This includes posting insulting, offensive, or abusive comments about players, repeatedly sending unwanted messages, attacking a player based on race, sexual orientation, religion, heritage, etc. Hate speech is not tolerated. (See also “Harassment Policy” below.) - Rules of Conduct

20. Do anything that interferes with the ability of other Service users to enjoy playing Star Wars: The Old Republic and using the Service in accordance with its rules, or that materially increases the expense or difficulty of EA in maintaining the Service for the enjoyment of all its users.- RoC

5. Player versus Player (“PvP”) activities, where available, are not exempt from this policy.- RoC Harassment Policy

First off, for the millionth time, completing a quest created by Bioware is not griefing/harassment/etc. Second, players can't decide when and where they'll explode. If they want to complete the quest, they may stand near a populated area, but they can't make you stay. All you have to do is walk away from them. If you stand there and wait until they explode, it's your own fault.

Edited by Galbatorrix

People who claim that they can't avoid it are lying. Plain and simple. They are lying/trolling and been doing it for 300 or so pages now.

I play on the 3rd most populated server and I played on average 3 hours of night this week. I wasn't infected once, although I spent at least couple of hours on the fleet.

Is is virtually impossible to get infected unless you go out of the way and do it on purpose.

It is virtually impossible to be you; agreed.

Could have I avoided the Green Gooey Griefer on the only Fleet Med Station? Perhaps, but that is where the serum was being sold, so dopey me.....

Events; not Griefing.

To the people who dislike the plague:

Do you realize if you participated in the dailies ONCE just to check it out and see what its all about, you would of earned enough free stims to last the whole week?

You get a bunch for free. I have like 15 in my inventory. So much I don't need them. So in the fleet I ask if anyone wants some for free..... Not one taker. Hmmm.