"Super" Energy Shield!

Agooz

Placing guard on a healer is not THE only way to protect him. As a pyro, the healer running with me never dies under normal scenarios. Being able to quickly eliminate that Maurader or whatever dps that's on your healer is often much better than a prolonged fight. That being said, I dont have an issue with a "Tank" in pvp. I just dont see a viable shield/Pyro spec for pvp. You will either be a mediocre Tank or a subpar dps, without the benefit of the other tree.

have you ever given a hybrid shield/pyro or shield/Ap spec an HONEST try (longer than 1.5-2 weeks of different expertise armor, testing etc.) and u didnt answer my first question and from what i have heard the answer is a yes so as a dps spec u should be getting huge nubmers like that since u have heals on your back. anyone can kill an attacker to the healer but the question is can u protect your healer from 3-5 ppl? 5 is very hard and i have only done it once however 3 ppl is pretty typical. and with my protection 1 person attacking the healer is going to do almost literally nothing given he will only be doing 11% of his damage.

yes there is multiple ways to do many different things... as i said before however defferent builds have different strengths and different weaknesses

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well for starters I started the way I started because I actually appreciated his advice/incite I also didn't agree with everything that he said but still wanted to make sure that I thanked him.

As for the rest of the message...

First... Where you in a premade when these numbers where taken?

I normally solo q, and when I do q premade's it's uselly no healer it's one of these 3:

4 Pts, 3Pt's/1mara, 2Pt's/Mara/sin and that's about it.

Secondly... Different setups have different purposes and thus has different strengths and weaknesses

And I'm of the opinion that until ranked come out and even then, tanks are pretty much useless. No offense, but when as a DPS i can smoke the dps killing my healer, what does it matter if say 3v2 (cause of your example) if your saving your healer when your dead, he'll be dead, and you really haven't killed anything because your dps is so gimped. I've gone with a healer on my server (not q'd with just got in a match with) and took on 5 dudes at a node and won. Although Op heals are OP in their harassment. Along with my shielding, some lucky RNG proc's. But still.

Thirdly... ( and this relates to the second) numbers are a nice judge of how one is doing however numbers don't tell us everything. Since there is multiple different setups and the purposes that they play there is also different strategies and roles that these different setups must Adhere to these role... The purpose of this is basically to say that one must look at the style of play itself and see if that fits well with the setup. An example is of processing a healer if I stick to a healer I can decrease damage done to him for a total of 89% while a pyro dps spec can only decease it by a total of 34% (with expertise traitedin shield tech) 30% without expertise and note most dps specs dont take that certain damage reduction that is taken in shield tech tree.

You won't convince me that any tank spec (besides Sin's because how their tree works) is in any situation better then almost any other same geared DPS right now in this game. I love going against 2v1 when it's tank/healer. Focus healer so tank is also taking damage, get a bit low, pop shield/heal, keep healer itneruptted/cc'd and I can blow him up before tank even get's close to blowing me up and 50% of the time the tank dies from taking the damage from healer cause healer is busy healing himself over the tank.

And with sins' being so OP as tank spec with dps output, why not bring them over some jugg/pt tank spec.

But most of any senario is mute until ranked/xserver so we can compete against each other.

have you ever given a hybrid shield/pyro or shield/Ap spec an HONEST try (longer than 1.5-2 weeks of different expertise armor, testing etc.) and u didnt answer my first question and from what i have heard the answer is a yes so as a dps spec u should be getting huge nubmers like that since u have heals on your back. anyone can kill an attacker to the healer but the question is can u protect your healer from 3-5 ppl? 5 is very hard and i have only done it once however 3 ppl is pretty typical. and with my protection 1 person attacking the healer is going to do almost literally nothing given he will only be doing 11% of his damage.

yes there is multiple ways to do many different things... as i said before however defferent builds have different strengths and different weaknesses

Yes I have.

And by the way, just because a spec has a few points in some other tree, doesnt make it a hybrid. What qualifies as a hybrid is a spec that makes use of the main mechanisms of a tree. I said it before, shield/AP have synergy, because you can make use of AP without stance switching. Pyro on the other hand doesnt work like that. I am still waiting to see a link of that shield/pyro spec you are running. I will repeat, my issue is not with you using "guard" and tanking. I just feel a shield/pyro spec is a complete waste because of the stance switching. PPA's requirement to use CGC now, makes it impossible to have any synergy between those two trees.

Yes I have.

And by the way, just because a spec has a few points in some other tree, doesnt make it a hybrid. What qualifies as a hybrid is a spec that makes use of the main mechanisms of a tree. I said it before, shield/AP have synergy, because you can make use of AP without stance switching. Pyro on the other hand doesnt work like that. I am still waiting to see a link of that shield/pyro spec you are running. I will repeat, my issue is not with you using "guard" and tanking. I just feel a shield/pyro spec is a complete waste because of the stance switching. PPA's requirement to use CGC now, makes it impossible to have any synergy between those two trees.

I am interested now too in this crazy powerful Hybrid. You need at least 14 points in a tree to be considered a Hybrid. I am not sure what points you can put into Pyro past the first tier that wouldn't be screwed up without CGC.

im not going to tell u guys what build i have and ya ill get some ppl saying "OH he doesnt have a build" or "Oh he is all talk" or some stupid thing like that. i have spent alot of time testing different things and by all means my build is far from perfect but i have put alot of time into it and not going to put it out there for some guys that dont even respect ppl that were trying to have an honest conversation instead im sitting here having ppl ask say i have to prove that i have experience or that i have a good build based based on their own preconceived notions.

As far as 300k not being good enough i just bumped it up to around 420k damage and still keep same or better protection with a few tweaks that i did. however if you are getting your 700k damage through AOE daamage thats not really hard to do for a dpser... anyone can sit their and spam AOE it takes no skill whatsoever.

and im not even fully geard. i still have a far way to go.

First stating I don't mean to offend. Apparantly I'm coming across on these forums lately like that.

Why do you think 300kdam/150k prot is viable? When I can do 700k dam and 80k prot as full Pyro IMO is way better then those numbers. And the 80k is just from taunting. I just went against a jugg doing 450k dam, 250k prot and I'm not even sure that's viable otuside HB.

the numbers you are throwing out are completely out of wack and not the norm.

to get 700k damage you are getting outhealed and really not accomplishing much other than your stats. 80k protection is pretty damn good and means your healers are keeping your taunted targets targets alive if that makes sense.

To do both in the same game, youre either living in a fairy tale world or you play with amazing healers on both sides of the ball.

im not going to tell u guys what build i have and ya ill get some ppl saying "OH he doesnt have a build" or "Oh he is all talk" or some stupid thing like that. i have spent alot of time testing different things and by all means my build is far from perfect but i have put alot of time into it and not going to put it out there for some guys that dont even respect ppl that were trying to have an honest conversation instead im sitting here having ppl ask say i have to prove that i have experience or that i have a good build based based on their own preconceived notions.

As far as 300k not being good enough i just bumped it up to around 420k damage and still keep same or better protection with a few tweaks that i did. however if you are getting your 700k damage through AOE daamage thats not really hard to do for a dpser... anyone can sit their and spam AOE it takes no skill whatsoever.

and im not even fully geard. i still have a far way to go.

Actually 700k is very tough to do. Even aoe spamming won't get you 700k. 700k requires staying alive, and killing alot of stuff. Look, I think tanks are fantastic in pvp. Totally undervalued especially one that can stun, pull, and create gaps. Remember 150k protection is essentially 150k in healing done.

Dardack, I play a Guardian tank as well, and I have a ton of fun in pvp with him. When a guy comes over and it's 2v1 with me and a dps or healer. I laugh because he thinks because I am a tank he will own us both. The Guardian has about 5 stuns and pushes to prevent you from killing the healer, while killing you off. I run dps gear though, as tank gear makes almost no difference in pvp in time to kill.

I run sometimes with an Assault Vanguard and, I once got 15k in prot in fight from guarding and taunting the guys killing him. The funniest fight I ever saw was when I died and no one was attacking me because three guys jumped him, and I didn't peel any off as I was cc'd. The worst part about being a tank is that when you guard someone you can't cap a turret because the damage is interrupting you.

the numbers you are throwing out are completely out of wack and not the norm.

to get 700k damage you are getting outhealed and really not accomplishing much other than your stats. 80k protection is pretty damn good and means your healers are keeping your taunted targets targets alive if that makes sense.

To do both in the same game, youre either living in a fairy tale world or you play with amazing healers on both sides of the ball.

No, I have seen 500 and 80k before. I personally using norse have hit 380 and I think almost 60k in BM gear in Novarre coast where I had to keep reminding my self to taunt. I bore witness to 500 and 70k on a guy who was in a premade.

700k and 80k is completely doable if you are in a premade with communication.

i have spent alot of time testing different things and by all means my build is far from perfect but i have put alot of time into it and not going to put it out there for some guys that dont even respect ppl that were trying to have an honest conversation instead im sitting here having ppl ask say i have to prove that i have experience or that i have a good build based based on their own preconceived notions.

LOL, ok keep your "secret" spec to yourself. But dont expect us to even consider anything you say seriously if you do not want to share the spec, prove your claims, or back up any of your statements. What did you expect? That you can get on the forum and share a thread with people that have been playing the AC since beta or launch and not receive any criticism on some off the wall crazy idea? It's not like there are still "hidden" gems to be found in the 3 trees. People whose main is a PT and have been playing it for a long time, pretty much know where every single talent is, on which tree, and how it can be used in synergy with other talents. What is left, is usually just some minor playstyle preferences.

Just because you post something here, doesnt mean anything. Every single one of us, new player, vet., myself included even, have posted things in this forum that others didnt agree with or criticized. We still argue our points instead of saying " I'm not sharing where I got my facts, since you guys dont agree with me! OR that I worked too hard for it!" :p

Edited by Agooz

No, I have seen 500 and 80k before. I personally using norse have hit 380 and I think almost 60k in BM gear in Novarre coast where I had to keep reminding my self to taunt. I bore witness to 500 and 70k on a guy who was in a premade.

700k and 80k is completely doable if you are in a premade with communication.

opf... just one post above youre stating how hard 700 k is to get.

next post youre stating you can get 380 so 700 is doable.

i know its "doable" under PERFECT circumstances. My point was, people are throwing that number out like its the norm... and its not.

i know its "doable" under PERFECT circumstances. My point was, people are throwing that number out like its the norm... and its not.

But it is much more feasible that doing 420k in stance switching spec. I would like to see a video of how that is accomplished with a Shield spec that has a casting time of switching to a gimped Pyro and calling it a viable spec in PvP.

But it is much more feasible that doing 420k in stance switching spec. I would like to see a video of how that is accomplished with a Shield spec that has a casting time of switching to a gimped Pyro and calling it a viable spec in PvP.

Someone is hot today ;p. Varicus got you steamed up mate? haha! I may roll an alt on your server as well just to slap you when you get all testy haha.

I would like to see 420k with an Ion cell dps build. I don't think it's possible.

Someone is hot today ;p. Varicus got you steamed up mate? haha! I may roll an alt on your server as well just to slap you when you get all testy haha.

I would like to see 420k with an Ion cell dps build. I don't think it's possible.

ya i was pretty happy after i made the tweak to my build and saw that dps in the ending log. however i didnt get a screen shot of it so some of u might not believe me... that doesnt hurt me at all tho i know what i got. (that was directed at Agooz mainly)

And it isnt a spec where i switch stances... from everything i have seen that would just be stupidity and i wouldnt do that to my build just for higher numbers. however i havent actually tested switching stances for a build so this is hypothetical but Agooz if u dont believe me then u can test for yourself and see if u can get around 420K with shield tech spec but from everything i have seen u r the type of person that just likes to troll and mooch off of other peoples builds and testing. and you are foolish to think that just because the game has been out for a while that everything has been figured out and tested in the game. also i dont like to share my builds over the forums not because i think they are amazing but because u r disrespectful and do not test for yourself things that u dont think will work or that your preconceived notions say that they wont work. the fact of the matter is respect. do that and there would be no need for me to be so critical and this would actually be a useful forum

many of my tests are of things that i think will probably not work but i test them anyways to see the results and most of the time i am proven right and the the test tells me what not to do however sometimes they tell me some interesting things.

Now i am sorry for calling u out but your the reason y i dont share my builds whether they are good or bad and that i dont like people that arent willing to look at someones posts and give constructive criticism. and yes im a violator of this based on this very post but i do not take kindly to those that troll and put others down.

criticism is totally fine and to be expected but u provide no benefit to the player just by telling them that their build is stupid... give them something to work with. that is the whole purpose of the forums not for trolling

Edited by Is-ith

ya i was pretty happy after i made the tweak to my build and saw that dps in the ending log. however i didnt get a screen shot of it so some of u might not believe me... that doesnt hurt me at all tho i know what i got. (that was directed at Agooz mainly)

And it isnt a spec where i switch stances... from everything i have seen that would just be stupidity and i wouldnt do that to my build just for higher numbers. however i havent actually tested switching stances for a build so this is hypothetical but Agooz if u dont believe me then u can test for yourself and see if u can get around 420K with shield tech spec but from everything i have seen u r the type of person that just likes to troll and mooch off of other peoples builds and testing. and you are foolish to think that just because the game has been out for a while that everything has been figured out and tested in the game. also i dont like to share my builds over the forums not because i think they are amazing but because u r disrespectful and do not test for yourself things that u dont think will work or that your preconceived notions say that they wont work. the fact of the matter is respect. do that and there would be no need for me to be so critical and this would actually be a useful forum

many of my tests are of things that i think will probably not work but i test them anyways to see the results and most of the time i am proven right and the the test tells me what not to do however sometimes they tell me some interesting things.

Now i am sorry for calling u out but your the reason y i dont share my builds whether they are good or bad and that i dont like people that arent willing to look at someones posts and give constructive criticism. and yes im a violator of this based on this very post but i do not take kindly to those that troll and put others down.

criticism is totally fine and to be expected but u provide no benefit to the player just by telling them that their build is stupid... give them something to work with. that is the whole purpose of the forums not for trolling

Umm what am I missing here? TheOpf? Anyone? did I miss a post where he actually suggested something to test? You said you are using a Shield/Pyro spec. Then you say you wont share it. Then you say you dont switch stances, and now you're in shield stance doing over 400k (rivaling Tanksins it seems). Should I just GUESS and take a stab in the dark put 20 points in shield and another 21 in pyro? am I close? come on, you need to help me out a bit.

You are hilarious. Sorry that I didnt show respect to something you didnt even care to share. So NO I will not just take your word for it. If you cant live with it, then that's your problem. You know so much about me, then you would have known that I pvped in Shield, in AP, in several Pyro specs, in IF, in Parakeet, in Maverick, in Tibetan Candle, in Norse, I even have a thread about a Shield/Pyro spec called Bubble Tank (which had its share of criticism as well) but specifically said it was purely for PvE because of the stance dance required. So in summary, you really do not know anything about me or my experience.

I didnt criticize your build, because you didnt even provide us with one. I criticized your logic, which you didnt even bother to back up with any argument, facts, or data. You basically came here, said that you have this secret off the wall shield/Pyro spec for PvP that we all somehow missed or overlooked for the last 6 months and claimed to be doing damage in shield stance comparable to the average dps class. So what do you expect us to say?

If you are so confident that your build is viable, why would you assume that I would shoot it down? In fact, it is your opportunity to make me look bad if it ends up having any merit. It is not like I am the only one who replies to threads.

Umm what am I missing here? TheOpf? Anyone? did I miss a post where he actually suggested something to test? You said you are using a Shield/Pyro spec. Then you say you wont share it. Then you say you dont switch stances, and now you're in shield stance doing over 400k (rivaling Tanksins it seems). Should I just GUESS and take a stab in the dark put 20 points in shield and another 21 in pyro? am I close? come on, you need to help me out a bit.

You are hilarious. Sorry that I didnt show respect to something you didnt even care to share. So NO I will not just take your word for it. If you cant live with it, then that's your problem. You know so much about me, then you would have known that I pvped in Shield, in AP, in several Pyro specs, in IF, in Parakeet, in Maverick, in Tibetan Candle, in Norse, I even have a thread about a Shield/Pyro spec called Bubble Tank (which had its share of criticism as well) but specifically said it was purely for PvE because of the stance dance required. So in summary, you really do not know anything about me or my experience.

I didnt criticize your build, because you didnt even provide us with one. I criticized your logic, which you didnt even bother to back up with any argument, facts, or data. You basically came here, said that you have this secret off the wall shield/Pyro spec for PvP that we all somehow missed or overlooked for the last 6 months and claimed to be doing damage in shield stance comparable to the average dps class. So what do you expect us to say?

If you are so confident that your build is viable, why would you assume that I would shoot it down? In fact, it is your opportunity to make me look bad if it ends up having any merit. It is not like I am the only one who replies to threads.

First off u are expecting me to tell you what to test... Have some creativity and make your own tests. Secondly u think that I care if u or others approve of my build. Thirdly your guess og 20/0/21 as far as pvp goes is just completely off.

Also being respectful and accepting something as truth are completely different things so either talk straight or learn the language. Also I claimed to know the typical troll mentality not your experience.

Also if u think that EVERYTHING and every aspect of the game as far as testing goes has been tested then you are a bigger fool than I thought. We will never be able to test every combination every build or every aspect of the game. The combination of stats, tactics, armor, expertise, and so on is bigger than any of us can test

I stopped reading what he writes Agooz. It doesn't make sense and he isn't giving us any information. So how can we say oh that makes sense. I do like how he said you never test anything. I believe the Maverick, super energy shield, and even the Norse are around thanks to you. But Hey, you never think outside the box or experiment Jerk!! haha

I stopped reading what he writes Agooz. It doesn't make sense and he isn't giving us any information. So how can we say oh that makes sense. I do like how he said you never test anything. I believe the Maverick, super energy shield, and even the Norse are around thanks to you. But Hey, you never think outside the box or experiment Jerk!! haha

First off my initial question was asking for people's opinions if the +6 sec to shield is worth it without getting rebounder which doesn't need me to broadcast my build(s) it was a simpile question that was turned into people asking me to prove myself/ my builds when the question had nothing to do with that. And as far as me telling Agooz to be more creative was more to the lines of him continually pestering me about a build that he could figure out if he applied himself to it which from what I have seen so far he hasnt. Yes he posted a few builds... Cool and that's great but by no means does that make him an expert on testing.

Edited by Is-ith

opf... just one post above youre stating how hard 700 k is to get.

next post youre stating you can get 380 so 700 is doable.

I'm not sure I said 700k was every match. I'm normally consitently in all matches but HB around 500k-625k (unless i'm on my crap computer without my naga, and in HB even tho I'm pyro I still think i'm AP and carry ball too much, i'm lucky if i break 200k,, or the other team is so undergeared you blow them up in about 2 shots so you win in about 5 minutes, get all the medals so your damage is only like 350k, but in 5 minutes that's good).

It's possible to hit 700k without healers on the other side, kills in the 125 range. Also with premades we normally focus healers and kill them in about 2-3 GCD's. Like I said I don't q with healers in my premades.

First off my initial question was asking for people's opinions if the +6 sec to shield is worth it without getting rebounder which doesn't need me to broadcast my build(s) it was a simpile question that was turned into people asking me to prove myself/ my builds when the question had nothing to do with that. And as far as me telling Agooz to be more creative was more to the lines of him continually pestering me about a build that he could figure out if he applied himself to it which from what I have seen so far he hasnt. Yes he posted a few builds... Cool and that's great but by no means does that make him an expert on testing.

Um Agooz is kinda an expert on builds. He's the one who's come up and posted multiple builds, put out the test numbers, asked for feedback, gotten it, and been in decent conversations about each build. Trying to perfect them or defending them or what have you.

Yes you started asking about energy rebounder but then posted some numbers that many of us find hard to believe a PT hybrid ST/Pyro can put out. and many of us have tested/runn ST/Pyro (esp pre 1.2 in Parakeet) but the changes to Pyro makes DPS'ing in the Tank stance worthless, so we would love to see this build so we can be OP like those tankasin's.

You just come in here, say your doing 420k in DEFENSIVE stance and partial Tank Tree (and TBH that's tankasin's OP numbers right there) but don't back up your claims with a build/screenshots or anything. You come in an attack one of the main members of the PT forums who has contributed more then probably almost anyone (and if not #1 in the top 5). You also claim a hybrid, but then say Agooz is WAY off thinking it's 20/0/21 (or 21/0/20 w/e it was) but a build can't be a hybrid without at least 18 points in 2 tree's (or 18 in 1, and combo of w/e in the other 2).

Back up your claims with a posted build or ****.

Um Agooz is kinda an expert on builds. He's the one who's come up and posted multiple builds, put out the test numbers, asked for feedback, gotten it, and been in decent conversations about each build. Trying to perfect them or defending them or what have you.

Yes you started asking about energy rebounder but then posted some numbers that many of us find hard to believe a PT hybrid ST/Pyro can put out. and many of us have tested/runn ST/Pyro (esp pre 1.2 in Parakeet) but the changes to Pyro makes DPS'ing in the Tank stance worthless, so we would love to see this build so we can be OP like those tankasin's.

You just come in here, say your doing 420k in DEFENSIVE stance and partial Tank Tree (and TBH that's tankasin's OP numbers right there) but don't back up your claims with a build/screenshots or anything. You come in an attack one of the main members of the PT forums who has contributed more then probably almost anyone (and if not #1 in the top 5). You also claim a hybrid, but then say Agooz is WAY off thinking it's 20/0/21 (or 21/0/20 w/e it was) but a build can't be a hybrid without at least 18 points in 2 tree's (or 18 in 1, and combo of w/e in the other 2).

Back up your claims with a posted build or ****.

Actually i am the one one the defense... i was the one that was told that i was basically told that i was lieing here about my numbers which would be totally retarted and noobish... not to mention make me a huge gamer that cant think of anything better to do than to think up lies and post them on the forums. Yes i am an aggresive defender of my builds/numbers only because they are true howeveras i have said before i cannot prove these numbers and even if i did give u the build it is how u use the build that will make it or break it for u so even if i did post it many of u would come crying back here saying ohhhh your build sucks it came nowhere near the damage u said and i would get even more annoyences because they didnt know how to use the build. (This is important so i will underline it)

also im not hurt if u dont believe me becasue that means u will continue on with your old way not ever really improving

Also im truely sry that i didnt use the correct termonology for my spec. lol. so sry that it doesnt fit the parameters set by gamers.

Edited by Is-ith

I am not buying it either. The two trees do not have any synergy because of the different cylinders. I tried for about 15 mins to come up with a solid spec hybrid where it would be possible to push out those numbers, and I just can't see it. Granted, I have not PvP'd hardly at all on this toon, but the numbers and spec choices do not make any sense.

Most people when they offer opinions, have some statistical data to back it up. Here the is spec I use, here are some combat logs, some screenshots, try it out yourself, etc.

You have this super secret build that blows everything out of the water, yet know one else here has a clue about it.

Want to know what I think? I think this is a pretty elaborate troll that sucked several people in, including me. Furthermore, I think you play on a server where quite possibly everyone is pretty bad at pvp allowing you to occasionally push those numbers on like a voidstar where the opposing team has 5/8 healers. Sure your damage will always be high because there is no down time because no one ever dies.

Edited by pure_laced

Actually i am the one one the defense... i was the one that was told that i was basically told that i was lieing here about my numbers which would be totally retarted and noobish... not to mention make me a huge gamer that cant think of anything better to do than to think up lies and post them on the forums. Yes i am an aggresive defender of my builds/numbers only because they are true howeveras i have said before i cannot prove these numbers and even if i did give u the build it is how u use the build that will make it or break it for u so even if i did post it many of u would come crying back here saying ohhhh your build sucks it came nowhere near the damage u said and i would get even more annoyences because they didnt know how to use the build. (This is important so i will underline it)

also im not hurt if u dont believe me becasue that means u will continue on with your old way not ever really improving

Also im truely sry that i didnt use the correct termonology for my spec. lol. so sry that it doesnt fit the parameters set by gamers.

I'm improving all the time. I come here, active member of both the AP/Pyro tree's since I use both. Now I have made commets I regret at times or blew someone off or questioning their abilities for no reason (still sorry about that opf), but in general I try spec's out, I try the math out, I put the work in. There's a pyro PT who put's up 800-900k on me, and normally out Damage's me 40-120k each match we're in together. Now I know he doesn't q with healers either. I'm in constant contact with him trying to improve. Many of us are looking to improve/get better, one reason we want to see your build.

And many times when someone posts a build like NORSE or Parakeet they EXPLAIN how to use the build (although with the abilities it should be pretty much self explanatory to many of us who know all the PT talents) to maximize it's effectiveness.

Also, there are proofs of concepts in the form of Fraps/post build/combat logs/etc. You know stuff like that. That can back up your claims

Blargh. I was thinking that the base CD for shield was one minute, but it's actually two minutes. If it was one minute, with energy rebounder firing at full speed and an 18 second shield, you'd only be unshielded for something like 6 seconds before you could use it again, and I was getting visions of a new kind of tank build for PVE. But it's actually a good deal longer than that. :/

I am not buying it either. The two trees do not have any synergy because of the different cylinders. I tried for about 15 mins to come up with a solid spec hybrid where it would be possible to push out those numbers, and I just can't see it. Granted, I have not PvP'd hardly at all on this toon, but the numbers and spec choices do not make any sense.

Most people when they offer opinions, have some statistical data to back it up. Here the is spec I use, here are some combat logs, some screenshots, try it out yourself, etc.

You have this super secret build that blows everything out of the water, yet know one else here has a clue about it.

Want to know what I think? I think this is a pretty elaborate troll that sucked several people in, including me. Furthermore, I think you play on a server where quite possibly everyone is pretty bad at pvp allowing you to occasionally push those numbers on like a voidstar where the opposing team has 5/8 healers. Sure your damage will always be high because there is no down time because no one ever dies.

Ok We ALL know that NO SUCH build exists. Unlike what he claims, this PT community have pretty much uncovered everything there is to know about the class. Even I stretched the line a few times just out of boredom.

FACT: There is NO Shieldtech/Pyro Hybrid that is viable for PvP, and I dont care how many senseless posts he will add. If he has more than 2 points in Pyro, staying in Tank stance the whole or the majority of the time, than he's probably the MOST gimped PT out there, hands down. A full Tank spec will out damage, out survive and out shine his build in every way. I dont need to see any build from him to come to that conclusion. I was only asking him to post it so we can discuss it and show him how aweful of an idea it is. Never once did I even consider he might actually have something.

It's not about experience, skills, or anything. It's about reading comprehension and logic. If one just looks over the talents in the Pyro tree, one would instantly understand that without CGC, it's a worthless tree. If you look over all his posts in this thread, you will notice that he didnt contribute anything of value besides attacking me as if I insulted his honor or cursed his family. lol

Also notice that no one would have cared what build he plays, had he not just brushed off the entire PT community by saying that he wouldnt bother with or consider specs on the forums, because he "knows" better. He would ask for advice on the use of ONE talent, but he wouldnt look at specs posted by others. lol

Blargh. I was thinking that the base CD for shield was one minute, but it's actually two minutes. If it was one minute, with energy rebounder firing at full speed and an 18 second shield, you'd only be unshielded for something like 6 seconds before you could use it again, and I was getting visions of a new kind of tank build for PVE. But it's actually a good deal longer than that. :/

Even with the base 2min CD it is worth considering for a large portion of the end game content. I have posted a thread on a PvE tank build that I myself successfully tried even on some HM EV/KP boss fights.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=432203 (Bubble Tank)