The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Which SW Book(s) would you like to see as a movie?

October

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't mind seeing Old Republic Era movies, but I'd also like to see expanded trilogy. Specifically I'd like to see Mara Jade and Luke meet up, I always liked how the two totally opposites came smashing together to form a Jedi duo. Besides, I'd love to see which red head actress they would hire for her.

The only way to at least have the tiniest chance to get a another Star Wars movie is that is has nothing to do with Episodes I-VI, which personally I think is for the best. In my opinion I think they'd be better off bringing more of the history side of Star Wars to the big screen, maybe some things that we haven't seen in the EU yet perhaps? I'm sure there's a few gaps here and there they can exploit.

Having just read Death Troopers, I'd have to say that would make a brilliant movie choice, and cash in on Zombie fad.

Other than that, honestly, everything post RoTJ, and i'd take the good with the bad, a few changes here and there of course would adapt them better, but i'd give my right arm for Lucas Film to just chug out Star Wars movies all the time based around, even loosely, the stuff i've read.

Heir to the empire trilogy! Basicly make it episodes 7,8, and 9

This.

Possibly split the Heir trilogy into two movies instead of three, then have the 'Hand of Thrawn' duology as a single movie set after the other two.

That will nicely tie up the whole Luke Skywalker reinventing the Jedi thing, the end of the war with the Empire, and the final reconciliation between the Jedi and the Empire (ie Mara and Luke getting together).

Heir To The Empire would be a great idea, but with new actors in the familiar roles, it probably would ruin the experience.

Something based around the Legacy comics would be cool. And that way people won't complain about past tech being better than OT tech. :-)

I wouldn't mind seeing Old Republic Era movies, but I'd also like to see expanded trilogy. Specifically I'd like to see Mara Jade and Luke meet up, I always liked how the two totally opposites came smashing together to form a Jedi duo. Besides, I'd love to see which red head actress they would hire for her.

Christina Hendricks....that is all. Seriously her and either Mark Hamill or a new person playing an older Luke.

Heir To The Empire would be a great idea, but with new actors in the familiar roles, it probably would ruin the experience.

Something based around the Legacy comics would be cool. And that way people won't complain about past tech being better than OT tech. :-)

Honestly I think this is the best option. We can also ignore the whole Vong invasion too. :wea_03:

I think the X-Wing, NJO, and Legacy series would make great TV shows. And none of that cartoon crap either. Put it on HBO or some other network that has the balls to do actual war drama.

I also want Tales from Jabba's Palace be made into a mini-series, just so me and everyone else can watch Boba Fett **** up a sarlacc.

I have to agree October- the Darth Bane trilogy! Many know that there used to be a (multiple) Sith Empire(s) of multitudes of Sith, but that eventually it dwindles down to only Darth Sidious and Darth Maul (who was later replaced). I know it was my own curiosity about the drastic change that inspired me to read the Darth Bane trilogy in the first place and I think many people would be interested in seeing this transition on the 'big screen' !

Exar Kun and Ulic Qel-Droma would be a nice movie.I dare say it would be much better than the Original Movies.

Qel-droma would be a fine replacement of Vader.= Good intention,corruption,redemption.The other possibility is Revan of course.

Edited by Kaedusz