Chat Bubbles: We need an option to enable them for say, yell and emote chat!

Glzmo

Chat bubbles are a must. As it is currently the only way to communicate if I meet someone in the world is by whispering them. You can't be sure if they will even notice the say channel. Chat bubbles would be a far more convinent way to catch someone's attention when you see them while questing.

While I love the game I can't see myself staying in the long term unless this is added. It's one feature I consider mandatory for good MMO.

Edited by Adelaine

Chat bubbles are a must. As it is currently the only way to communicate if I meet someone in the world is by whispering them. You can't be sure if they will even notice the say channel. Chat bubbles would be a far more convinent way to catch someone's attention when you see them while questing.

While I love the game I can't see myself staying in the long term unless this is added. It's one feature I consider mandatory for good MMO.

Well said. And I can only say that I feel the same way.

Not only are chat bubbles mandatory for MMO's but they are vital for the RP community in MMO's. The "society" feal to this game is absent withouth chat bubbles, and if these are not implemented, i will probably leave the game when i finish most of the class stories. To me, this game is currently a singleplayer game, its all about my own story. Sociality is dead withouth bubbles. GET TO IT!!

Not only are chat bubbles mandatory for MMO's but they are vital for the RP community in MMO's. The "society" feal to this game is absent withouth chat bubbles, and if these are not implemented, i will probably leave the game when i finish most of the class stories. To me, this game is currently a singleplayer game, its all about my own story. Sociality is dead withouth bubbles. GET TO IT!!

Indeed, we need chat bubbles. Trying to rp without them is a bit annoying...

I hate chat bubbles too. It's just another form of spam.

So as long as they introduce it with an option to disable. I'll be happy :)

Although I love this game and chat bubbles shouldn't really deter people from playing, they are important.

When I was walking up to people in front of a Heroic area, I kept trying to talk to them with Say. They didn't even realize I was talking to them for 3 minutes when one of them said he thought I was just talking to the general chat.

Be honest, while you're playing alone you tend to ignore the chat box especially since it also houses all xp and item info. Having all text in the chat box makes it so people tune it out and so if a guild member or someone near you is trying to get your attention, you don't see it.

Chat bubbles would help IMMENSELY, if I can walk up to someone next to me and ask if they wanna play.

When are u gonna give us chatbubbles??? its seriously a big consurn for many players. its for the fun och social aspect of the game, and that is a vital thing indeed. GIVE CHATBUBBLES!!! WE WANT CHATBUBBLES!!! WE WANT CHATBUBBLES!!!

+1 vote for chat bubbles.. at least the ability to toggle it.. not having it pretty much destroys the social aspect of the game.. I don't talk simply because of the lack of it.

The problem is even more apparent when more than one character standing in front of you are talking..

I'm omgwtfbbqpawned confused :confused: as to why this was left out..

Edited by Renzetsu

Chat something would help, just text over your head. SO many times I've snubbed people because they ask to group or help or ... simply because you can't see them saying something. I have multiple chat windows open which helps but since you can't resize the interface I'm not playing in a tight little box on my magnificent 27" monitors.

It doesn't have to be bubbles, it could just be floating text. Make an option for those who don't like it, to remove the text but ... all this time to create this game and almost every simple little MMO feature is missing. It boggles the mine.

Interesting. I haven't had any problems knowing when people are talking to me. My guess is that the folks that are ignoring you now will probably still ignore you after the implementation.

As long as we can toggle them I don't see why it would hurt the game for those that seem to really like the things.

DCUO didn't add chat bubbles.

Look where it is now.

You have been warned Bioware!

That's exactly why I don't play DC Universe Online (and it's free to play, too, while TOR consts a premium monthly fee!). And I really, really love the IP in a similar manner as I love Star Wars. It would be such a shame if another MMORPG based on my favorite IP would remain without chat bubbles and would force me not to play it any longer. Edited by Glzmo

I agree we need chat bubbles.... just today I was standing outside of a phase entrance and needed help completing the next part and people were running in and out of groups and I asked about 7 or 8 people in spatial /say with no responses... it took spamming general chat to find a person to group with even with the abundance of players around me. Chat bubbles would have alleviated this problem I think.

THIS.... so much THIS!

I just had the same thing happen to me. It's INFURIATING not being able to get the attention of people around you for certain situations.

By the time I had finished "whispering" every person in the group I saw in front of me trying to figure out who the freaking leader was so I could ask for an invite, they were inside the instance killing the boss.

I can not believe a company KNOWN for its RPG'S has missed this CRITICALLY IMPORTANT SOCIAL TOOL.

UGH!

PLease, Bioware is showing its lack of experience in the MMO arena with boneheaded moves like this.

That's exactly why I don't play DC Universe Online (and it's free, too!). And I really, really love the IP in a similar manner as I love Star Wars. It would be such a shame if another MMORPG based on my favorite IP would remain without chat bubbles and would force me not to play it any longer.

I loved the game despite its flaws (which I honestly didn't notice), but I couldn't bring myself to RP due to lack of chat bubbles.

Another thing I think should be mentioned for implementaton... speech actions. Standing lifeless while chatting doesn't help much either.

Though I do often

/ponder

For effect.

BioWare is just lazy because this is a PC game. There is no reason to lock out certain features from the game because it hits performance. Some people have better PC's than others and they shouldn't 'suffer', for lack of a better word, because of it. It's the same with textures, people with truly high end machines should be able to experience extremly hi-res textures.

I don't care if it isn't high one the priority list, just announce 'We are currently working on higher resolution textures, but because of <Insert reason here> we won't do it immediatley. This including viewing distance, the distance at wich grass and objects appear on your screen all this kind of stuff.