Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Chat Bubbles: We need an option to enable them for say, yell and emote chat!

Glzmo

This would make RP soooo much easier. As it is, many RPers have a difficult time attending events or RP hot spots because of how fast the chat moves. Chat bubbles help alleviate that so you can see if the person you are actually talking to has posted Edited by JadeBranch

We defo need this feature, and i'm shocked it's still not in after a month... This is a feature we need to be able to enable.. Especialy for roleplaying, but still outside roleplaying, easier to do /say

People who don't like chat bubbles, should still support the feature, cous they can just turn it off.

VERY IMPORTAN FOR SOCIAL PEOPLE LIKE ME!!! :-D

Chat bubbles and /say should be default not /general.

Coming from SWG we did not have /general, you just type and you talk out loud. Everything else had to have /group or /guild in front of it. Not a huge deal, but alot people talk in general to people right in front of them because they dont any different.

Chat bubbles and /say should be default not /general.

Coming from SWG we did not have /general, you just type and you talk out loud. Everything else had to have /group or /guild in front of it. Not a huge deal, but alot people talk in general to people right in front of them because they dont any different.

^^^ !!!! ^^^

It promoted accountability (for the most part).

It promoted people actually interacting with others directly.

It promoted gatherings, and socialization.

It was all good!

Just as a curiousity..

How many people are actually going to turn chat bubbles on or have them off?? If most people are going to have them off?? What is the point of having chat bubbles in the first place??

Why add a feature to the game, only to have most people turn it off??

I don't care if chat bubbles are added.. I only care if there is the ability to turn them off.. Chat works just fine for me.. I don't need to run up to someone and plaster what I want to say right in the middle of there screen.. Nor do I want to see it from others..

I understand that RP'ers want it or need it for their game play.. That is fine.. Just as long as there is a means to turn it completely off.. I don't need the ability to do it and I don't need to be able to see others do it.. :cool:

Why add a feature to the game, only to have most people turn it off??

And what gives you the idea "most people" will turn it off? From what I've seen, there is gobs and gobs of support for them to be on, with a meager few who dont care, and like one guy who is adamantly against them even existing. Then you have all the generic players who just run the game for face value and default settings... they would just benefit from seeing the bubbles because they would know other people are talking to them.

I can't believe this wasn't in at launch. Its things like this make me question my confidence in BW's understanding of MMOs.
Yes, it is mind-boggling indeed. It's almost as if Bioware thinks RP is a single player playstyle and don't understand it's really a multiplayer playstyle and one could also say it's a form of "endgame content" for a great many players - something that keeps people playing even after having levelled up their character.

Chat bubbles are amazing. How else am I supposed to quickly thank that person for buffing me while i level or ask for help of that guy running by before i get killed by this mob.

In most games ive played it is the fastest way for me to make a new friend. Imagine that in an MMO... Being Social and making new friends.

I totally support this movement. However, I want to add that I would also love to have another option to enable chat bubbles for groups (and operation groups), but unlike the vicinity-type chats (say, emote, yell) those should be visible at all ranges, as it happens to be the case in That Other Game (chat&communication is one thing they are spot on over there).

I'll support this too.

We need Chatbubbles, because Roleplaying is easier to do, more beautiful to chat in Cantinas with RP Mates or on OpenPvP Grounds with Enemys.

Please, the German Community need it, like the English and the French.

And the points in the first Post are the most important things for Bubbles.

Thx, from Germany ;)

HOW COME THERE ARE NO CHAT BUBBLES ?!?!
Nobody but the developers really know. And they don't seem to be willing to tell us either... Perhaps we're being too constructive and polite for them to notice our thread? Not sure, but their silence certainly isn't reassuring. Edited by Glzmo

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.