Devs please explain where all the new schems are.

MosesMercury

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes there are new schematics for augments for armstech, armormech and synthweaving. Just not for orange modifiable outfits for synthweaving and armormech.

Yes, we were answering the person who posted they haven't seen any augment schems.

However, (and I apologize if this has already been mentioned), I have noticed that my normal recipes that I've RE'd to purples (Redoubt, Critical, etc.), once made, still says 20% chance for a schem. Have they made all of our recipes RE to orange after purple?

I'm going to RE some, see what happens...

EDIT - So far, just yielding other purple versions...

EDIT2 - Nope. As soon as I had all 5 versions, no research available.... where are they, BW??

Edited by JeramieCrowe

Yes, we were answering the person who posted they haven't seen any augment schems.

However, (and I apologize if this has already been mentioned), I have noticed that my normal recipes that I've RE'd to purples (Redoubt, Critical, etc.), once made, still says 20% chance for a schem. Have they made all of our recipes RE to orange after purple?

EDIT2 - Nope. As soon as I had all 5 versions, no research available.... where are they, BW??

They don't exist thats the whole point of this thread.They said we would get more but apparently they ment the sugments and not more orange recipes.So much for having orange schems for all of the looks in the game as was stated by devs in the past.

They don't exist thats the whole point of this thread.They said we would get more but apparently they ment the sugments and not more orange recipes.So much for having orange schems for all of the looks in the game as was stated by devs in the past.

Wait... how do you know they don't exist? Careful not to make the same erroneous claim that players did about the rare color crystals, saying they don't exist when they just weren't discovered yet...

Data mining, or what?

Not only that, but we were led to believe that Armormech and Synthweave would be getting Augment Recipes. We have had our slicers working overtime and still haven't found any. And I mean on the entire server.

I have gotten about 3 such recipes from my slicing so far, 2 for armormech and 1 for synthweaving.

Umm...you did a double post, with my response between them...

Wait... how do you know they don't exist? Careful not to make the same erroneous claim that players did about the rare color crystals, saying they don't exist when they just weren't discovered yet...

Data mining, or what?

We are not talking about some sort of ultra rare drop or secret tuantuan rackgoul minipet mystery tour searchfest.

This thread came up in response to very specific statements by members of the development team concerning the availability of a new armormech and sythweaving schematics in 1.2. Originally we were told that we would be able to reverse engineer modifiable pieces for a chance to proc a shell with an augment slot. Later we were told that this had changed and that instead new appearence schematics would come from mission skills. Many of the people who have spoken out in this thread would simply like to know why this didn't happen and what will be done to correct the mistake.

Edited by Karl-Just-Karl

We are not talking about some sort of ultra rare drop or secret tuantuan rackgoul minipet mystery tour searchfest.

This thread came up in response to very specific statements by members of the development team concerning the availability of a new armormech and sythweaving schematics in 1.2. Originally we were told that we would be able to reverse engineer modifiable pieces for a chance to proc a shell with an augment slot. Later we were told that this had changed and that instead new appearence schematics would come from mission skills. Many of the people who have spoken out in this thread would simply like to know why this didn't happen and what will be done to correct the mistake.

REing a modifiable piece for an orange shell IS in. You have to make sure it has a mod in it before you RE, but it is in.

Data mining, or what?

If they existed someone on some server would have found them by now and posted the new recipes somewhere and as of yet that hasn't happened.Data mining would be useless since there are things in the games files that are not in the game yet (HK47 companion) that that is a useless thing to do.You'd think after this time that someone would have gotten something new it didn't take long for the augment recipes to show up or for the new saber and weapon recipes to show up why would synthweaving and armormech recipes be any different, if they were there they would be on torhead and the GTN.

REing a modifiable piece for an orange shell IS in. You have to make sure it has a mod in it before you RE, but it is in.

You missed the point on that one entirely, yes you can RE oranges but only to get mats back not to get a recipe from them.This thread is about wanting to know what happened to the new recipes they said we would have in these two crafting skills the ones that BW said was going to be in the 1.2 patch.You could always RE crafted oranges the only difference between pre 1.2 and post 1.2 is pre 1.2 you could RE them empty and get your mats back post 1.2 you can't do that and have to put an armoring in it to be able to RE it to get your mats back and from what I hear you get less mats back then before but I am not positive about that that's just what I have heard. The only oranges that can supposedly be RE'd for a chance at a recipe is the new campaign gear that was added that you get from the new ops so they want you to grind new gear in order to get new just as ugly if not uglier looking orange gear then we already had because as of yet I have not seen an orange that can be RE'd for a recipe.

You missed the point on that one entirely, yes you can RE oranges but only to get mats back not to get a recipe from them.This thread is about wanting to know what happened to the new recipes they said we would have in these two crafting skills the ones that BW said was going to be in the 1.2 patch.You could always RE crafted oranges the only difference between pre 1.2 and post 1.2 is pre 1.2 you could RE them empty and get your mats back post 1.2 you can't do that and have to put an armoring in it to be able to RE it to get your mats back and from what I hear you get less mats back then before but I am not positive about that that's just what I have heard. The only oranges that can supposedly be RE'd for a chance at a recipe is the new campaign gear that was added that you get from the new ops so they want you to grind new gear in order to get new just as ugly if not uglier looking orange gear then we already had because as of yet I have not seen an orange that can be RE'd for a recipe.

I've tweeted SR, too, for a hint where all these new schematics are, so we'll see.

Hmmm... from today's Patch Notes:

Crafting Skills

Some gear that could be reverse engineered but erroneously displayed the "No Research Available" tooltip has been corrected.

Could this have had something to do with it? Could be more orange schems from that.

Doesn't address the lack of schems from UT, though.

Hmmm... from today's Patch Notes:

Could this have had something to do with it? Could be more orange schems from that.

Doesn't address the lack of schems from UT, though.

i'm not getting my hopes up, surely they would come in here and tell us this is fixed.

but hey fingers crossed. (aww i'm getting my hopes up) :p

BTW, I got a new orange lightsaber schem through Treasure Hunting last night. It's a post-1.2 schematic.

I've found four. Two level 20 ( custom built saber and custom build double-edged saber ) and two level 50 (elegant saber and elegan double edged saber) I don't know if there's more than that.

serious bump!

First of.... guys this thread is regarding new orange armor (for armormech and synthweaving), not new orange weapon schematics. Please respect this when you post because it leads to serious confusion.

Second thing... so far I got all my orange schematics for armormech and synth from UT, is there another mission skill which can provide orange armor?

Third.... there are an aweful lot of wrong information flying around regarding which missions can crit what schematic. As for UT.... so far I got schematics for either crafter from rich, bountiful and moderate..... companiongifts/ luxury fabrics and metal. This is not new but was there before 1.2 and as far as the chance to crit goes... I don't see a real difference and since I'm running them almost all the time almost every day just to complete my schematics I think that is beyond lucky-unlucky streaks but an average amount.

Last but not least... what I actually wanted to contribute to this thread.

I haven't gotten any new schematic via UT since 1.2 and regarding the "new schematics" with 1.2 promises I would like to have a statement if these new ones are only the blue/ pvp and T2 armor sets.

I also would like to have an answer if we are meant to be limited to pvp/ t2 gear if we want to have a full set of modable armor including belt/ gloves and boots.

Furthermore I would like to have clarified if we will get more orange armors in the future, how we will get them and how many new schematics there will be. It's nice to "discover" new things but it doesn't spoil the fun if I know that I just found 1/5, 1/100 or 1/1000 new things to discover.

Jumping to the wall of crazy I would also like to know what Bioware is planning for crafting skills, not for each individual but for the overall aspect of the game. As for right now.... you don't see what schematic you already learned and as I know which orange I'm missing, I didn't write down the blue since... well so far useless. It would be also great to be able to see what schematics you learned all over the account, something like an achievement for schematics for example etc. .

Any response is highly appreciated, please Bioware, I know how much you like to drop the ball when everything is finished but sometimes it really isn't the best way to introduce your community to new exciting stuff.