Welcome to the new Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ website!

CourtneyWoods

I think the design is a step in the right direction, though they still have a basic generic forum layout as far as posting is concerned. On the WoW forums you could quote someone simply by highlighting what they wrote and pasting it. They also have an armory, and I think this might be a step closer to that ^_^

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Design is terrible. Fix your Page Layout.

See when you post in a thread, you subscribe to it, and there's a subscription page that shows all the threads you've subbed to, and you can choose to delete subs, or keep them. It's meant so you can just go to your thread subs page, and keep track of all the threads you're subbed to. Making it easy to keep track of all your ongoing conversations on the forums.

Anyways, it used to be that your thread subs page hyperlink was right next to your PM hyperlink. (which is in the little dropdown when you click your name at the top right now)

But now, in order to access that, you need to go to "My SWTOR" > Forum Management > Log In (including Skey if you have it) > Forum Subscriptions.

Why?

(sorry for the essay, but people don't understand slightly non-basic functions of a forum)

Overall, I like the new design, except for one thing...it's extremely difficult to get to my list of Forum Subscriptions....I need to log in with my SKey every single time....

Anyways, it used to be that your thread subs page hyperlink was right next to your PM hyperlink. (which is in the little dropdown when you click your name at the top right now)

But now, in order to access that, you need to go to "My SWTOR" > Forum Management > Log In (including Skey if you have it) > Forum Subscriptions.

Why?

(sorry for the essay, but people don't understand slightly non-basic functions of a forum)

:mad:It is very confusing how to find the forums with this new layout. Clicking on Community is NOT intuitive and goes against any normal web site design standards. I ended up clicking every link in the menu from left to right in order to find the forums because none of the names made any sense to me. :mad:

:mad:It is very confusing how to find the forums with this new layout. Clicking on Community is NOT intuitive and goes against any normal web site design standards. I ended up clicking every link in the menu from left to right in order to find the forums because none of the names made any sense to me. :mad:

How does Community not make sense for the Community Forums? It's the same category the forums were under in the old format.

Design is terrible. Fix your Page Layout.

See when you post in a thread, you subscribe to it, and there's a subscription page that shows all the threads you've subbed to, and you can choose to delete subs, or keep them. It's meant so you can just go to your thread subs page, and keep track of all the threads you're subbed to. Making it easy to keep track of all your ongoing conversations on the forums.

Why?

Oh, I did not know this. This is definitely going to be annoying. I don't often subscribe to threads so I may just bookmark them but others may sub to a lot and not want to have a bunch of bookmarks.

I just realized we can click on the post number to open that post in a page by itself, excellent for linking to specific posts. Thanks for this!

I also notice there's a teeny tiny arrow-like thing under the tiny envelopes to show if we've posted in a thread, that's nice but it and the envelopes are so very small. Also, I can barely tell read envelopes from unread because the colors are so similar. Not that I don't know what threads I've read or haven't read, but it would be nice to have a better visual difference.

Fine with the overall look, just a few things:

1. As someone pointed out in another thread, it'd be nice to be able to jump directly to our subscriptions from up top like we used to.

2. Seems like a wasted opportunity to 'not' include a much needed, single click 'subscribe' option on any thread without having to either make a dummy post, or use that double-secret probation URL that has been mentioned from time to time. Could also just put that URL under a little button on each thread so we can subscribe.

3. I don't like the spacing when looking at the threads in a forum. Way too much vertical space per thread is taken up.

Other than that, color scheme, all that, fine with me, looks nice, goes with the launcher and all that. I haven't noticed any sort of accumulation of sand in unwanted places like some of the ragin canjuns are experiencing. :rolleyes:

Edit: DOH! Ok, subscribe button at the bottom. Ok...but see, in my defense, I didn't notice it, so besides the obvious "well then you are a moron", what about "maybe it's not all that friendly having it way at the bottom and we should put some of that up top" :)

Edited by notebene
Update

I just realized we can click on the post number to open that post in a page by itself, excellent for linking to specific posts. Thanks for this!

I also notice there's a teeny tiny arrow-like thing under the tiny envelopes to show if we've posted in a thread, that's nice but it and the envelopes are so very small. Also, I can barely tell read envelopes from unread because the colors are so similar. Not that I don't know what threads I've read or haven't read, but it would be nice to have a better visual difference.

Same here they are a bit hard to see and that.

Fine with the overall look, just a few things:

2. Seems like a wasted opportunity to 'not' include a much needed, single click 'subscribe' option on any thread without having to either make a dummy post, or use that double-secret probation URL that has been mentioned from time to time. Could also just put that URL under a little button on each thread so we can subscribe.

There is a subscribe link at the bottom of each thread now.

Absolutely LOVE IT. Goes with the Old Republic Era even more. Now..it fits in with the launcher and the site isn't the old corny weird looking site. The site looks like a royal palace now :) With flowing design and very nice ambient light. It reminds me of when I am on Alderaan, staring at the sun that I climbed a mountain other told me I could not climb. It reminds me...of standing the throne room and the music is on. That's exactly what it reminds me of. And that is GREAT! The old one I hated! :p

I am LOVING what you did here. BioWare..you just keep making everything about this game even better as time goes on. Thankyou!!!

Absolutely LOVE IT. Goes with the Old Republic Era even more. Now..it fits in with the launcher and the site isn't the old corny weird looking site. The site looks like a royal palace now :) With flowing design and very nice ambient light. It reminds me of when I am on Alderaan, staring at the sun that I climbed a mountain other told me I could not climb. It reminds me...of standing the throne room and the music is on. That's exactly what it reminds me of. And that is GREAT! The old one I hated! :p

I am LOVING what you did here. BioWare..you just keep making everything about this game even better as time goes on. Thankyou!!!

This one is more nice then the old one don't you think