Welcome to the new Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ website!

CourtneyWoods

I really like the design ! It's great-looking and easy to navigate !

My only observation is that reading the forums feels kind of weird now. I know it's a personal preference but could we get the option to add borders again, especially between and to the sides of posts ? Further down the line could we also perhaps get a Dark/Light theme ? ;)

I'm excited reading about Guild support & Character profiles, and I hope it's expanded into a sort of "that-other-game"-armory system, so that players can easily see i.e. where a schematic or armor drops from and its chances. But mainly so that 3rd party websites (like the one my guild uses) can just dynamically parse Guild rosters and rank and update the roster on our page.

Great update, keep up the good work ! :D

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The site looks great, but is there any chance of changing the tab order on the login screen? I have a security key and there's three keystrokes to get down to the field once you've entered your password. Pretty please, put the security field above the "Lost Password" and "FAQ" URL's in the tab order.:D Edited by blowfin

I'm still getting used to the new site layout, but please, please, please don't default the focus to the search field in the forums. Good web design says you only default the focus to a field if it's the main purpose of the page (examples: user login page or the search box on the Google home page). The primary function of a forum page is not to search, it's to read it. Defaulting the focus to the search field means users who like to scroll with their keyboard (page down, spacebar, etc.) can't do so without clicking outside the field first on every page.

I'm still getting used to the new site layout, but please, please, please don't default the focus to the search field in the forums. Good web design says you only default the focus to a field if it's the main purpose of the page (examples: user login page or the search box on the Google home page). The primary function of a forum page is not to search, it's to read it. Defaulting the focus to the search field means users who like to scroll with their keyboard (page down, spacebar, etc.) can't do so without clicking outside the field first on every page.
you can hit tab rather than clicking (FYI). Edited by ferroz

Weird 'bug' on the new site, if you could call it that.

When you the navigation to move through the pages, and the page loads, it doesn't yet have 'focus' such that you can hit a key combo in the browser, like Ctrl-Home to go to the top of the page, without first clicking somewhere in negative space on the page.

So if I'm on page 5 at the bottom and click to go to page 6, then scroll down through that page and read everything, but then want to quickly go to the top of the page (and I haven't clicked on anything in the page yet), using Ctrl-Home does nothing, until I first click out in negative space somewhere, then it works.

FYI

We are excited to unveil the brand new Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ website! We’ve completely rebuilt the website from the ground-up, with the intention of providing you with the latest game updates in an easy to navigate way. In addition to all of the latest news and information that is released, we’re also going to give you much more information about in-game content. Right now, you can check out our updated Flashpoints page on the Holonet, which includes information for each of the seventeen Flashpoints currently in the game.

Read More

I usually only come on the forum to complain or see what has happened with something in game.... rarely do I come on, like most people here, just to chat or say good things.

But this..................... this is well done. I do web design and such, and also graphic arts on occasion. Gotta say, well made! I like the new design a LOT more.

you can hit tab rather than clicking (FYI).

True, although if you use spacebar to scroll down (and I usually do), you'll end up performing a search because the tab moves the focus to the search button and spacebar effectively clicks.

Weird 'bug' on the new site, if you could call it that.

When you the navigation to move through the pages, and the page loads, it doesn't yet have 'focus' such that you can hit a key combo in the browser, like Ctrl-Home to go to the top of the page, without first clicking somewhere in negative space on the page.I

It's technically not a bug. As I mentioned a couple posts up, they've got it so the search field gets the focus (as if you'd clicked on it) automatically so ctrl+home or any other keyboard based method won't work because the cursor is in the search field. So not a bug, just a bad design decision. :)

Posted this in another thread, but should've posted it here:

While I'm liking the new website design for the most part, I'm just wondering if you're going to be finishing uploading the rest of the content that you had on the old website. In particular, I noticed that not nearly the amount of wallpapers are available now. I had most of them but I think I was missing about 1 or 2 pages of them from the old website (I use Windows 7's feature to switch to a new background image every 5 mins so I scroll through all the SWTOR wallpapers, and I'd like to get the rest of them eventually).

Also, will you be putting the comics back online? I haven't had the chance to read them yet. I'm interested in reading them, but I'm reading them chronologically and I'm currently only up to Tales of the Jedi: The Freedon Nadd Uprising (so I still have quite a while to go!) Hopefully you'll have them back on the site by the time I get to them.

My humble opinion is that overall, the new design is an improvement but not sure about it yet. When i opened the homepage my first impression was: "is...this...oh there's the logo, yeah i'm on swtor.com". Doesn't it seem like the site has lost his starwarish feel ? The slider is big and right in your face so u can't lose sight of the featured news but nothing to send you to the star wars universe. I would rather see some concept art with a space battle or some jedi dueling, maybe some subtle animations to impress my tired-of-playing-too-much-sw eyes. (Last slide comes close to what i imagined it would be)

Also the ingame blueish theme is much more friendly as a main color than the brown and dark yellows from the current site's theme.

But i like the new menu, i like the blog structure of the site, easier to read, to find relevant info (although some dividers could come in handy sometimes), so a big cheer for the team nevertheless. Graphics could be way better.

Cheers!

With your post I realized that they replaced the flag option with report post. Thnx for bringing that to my attention.

Keep up your quest in defining and using the English language so expertly. If only we had another Shakespeare who would be able to give us a word that fits the use without relating to other historic words that have played an influence for negative meanings.

English was a language of trolls. Notice the word Mongoloid has a not nice meaning. There are other words, but just because its in the dictionary does not mean its not a troll word.

Or else why would they censor the word *****, or female dog. I can talk about female dogs, but i cant call them *****. Why not?

I'll have to assume you were looking at someone else's post and quoted mine by accident. Either that or you need to lay off the medications for a while...

:eek: