Remove the rakghoul plague now

I don't think anyone is actually saying get rid of the event because that would be selfish and wrong. The point some are making is that it seems from all the comments the ones that like the event can't understand or don't want to understand why some don't like it.

I hate rakghouls and there is nothing I would want from doing any of those quests. I do not want my companions looking infected or sick as the case may be.

I do not want a silly rakghoul pet. The pet I want needs to be cute and I'm sorry rakghouls don't fit that no matter how you try.

As far as the armor and the crystal not my cup of tea either. Don't like the color nor the look of it.

Though I know quite a few people that love all of those items and frankly I am happy that there is an event like this for people to enjoy.

At the moment my time is very limited in playing and when I logged into the fleet I had no idea of the event until I was there. There was no mention of it on any of the planets I was question on. (I have finished tattoine and no desire to ever go back there lol).

The cure, though I will agree is minimum at least for me, can add up if you keep getting infected for a low player or for someone who has no interest in this. The cure should last for 6 hours though death (and give the players that want to be infected a way to be able to shut that off) and that way the ones that don't want to become involved a way to handle it.

Another thing is the communication regarding this, it should be an announcement done on all planets regarding this and an explantion abou the cure. Really even if you see it in the stims vendor unless you have knowledge of this why would you even pay attention to it?

I can understand and actually am happy that bioware is bringing events like this but there needs to be a little more communication and for the ones that love the event remember there are times I may like something you don't like and there are times you will like something that I don't. Example : I hate pvp but some love it. I love roleplay some hate that. This is the same idea.

I would never encourage bioware to do away with things like this but I think more communication regarding events is needed and if there is a cure like this it should be revisited to enable a person to use a cure once a day and it persists though death for a number of hours.

I hope you all get the items you want and enjoy the rest of the week.

Edited by ScarletBlaze

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only downside to the whole thing I have with this event is when you're flagged for PvP, or someone else is flagged for PvP, and they explode and infect you. Not that it infects you, but that it flags you for PvP at that point unwillingly, which kinda sucks. It wouldn't be as big a problem if you would unflag just while playing, but if you're actively fighting even NPCs, you won't unflag. It sucks at times, because I got flagged by someone blowing up on mer on Tatooine and as a result of being flagged for PvP while doing the daily missions on my 27 Sage yesterday, I had three level 50 Imp players kill me.

After having a bad day and managing to somehow aggro every single sand person in a three-mile radius multiple times, it was extremely annoying to wait ten minutes to respawn.

If they take anything into consideration for future "infection events" like this, keep that in mind and please change it. Don't flag me for PvP because someone infected me. I caught their virus, not their lust for PvP combat. Thanks.

Edit: Idea for how to prevent popping on the Fleet - make it so that when you enter the Fleet, you're "scanned and placed into quarantine" or something, like at the planetside spaceports - the infection is purged from you and you're plague-free while there. Don't vaccinate against it, however - JUST remove the plague. Vaccination would be too much, considering there's a 2k stim for that.

Edited by Calsetes

One VERY unlucky person playing the game normally (=questing, running around, etc...) may perhaps lose 10 seconds every day. But that would be really being very, very unlucky, or very, very dumb and intentionally standing near an infected person to be able to whine.
No, someone pvping has a good chance to get infected at least twice (each time they go by the pvp terminal: to pick up the daily and turn it in).

to avoid that they have to inconvenience them-self by slogging through multiple load screens; or spend ~10 thousand credits a day or more (not 2k)

Suggesting that people avoid an inconvenience by inconveniencing them-self in another way doesn't actually make your actions not griefing.

And if you are doing PvP, you will DIE and get rid of the infection without even trying. Just completely ignore it.
No, I'm skilled enough in pvp that I don't die often enough to make sure that I don't get impacted by it.

What do you lose from dying?
10 seconds + possibly a pvp match, plus possibly having to run back to where I was if I die in a place where you can't respawn (say, the correlia radiation field), + possibly havign to re-kill the champion i had at 10% + the possibility of losing an item (if I get hit by the bug that was reported in the forums yesterday)

So it costs me at least 10 seconds of time, plus potentially more

Even the 10 seconds of time is worth more than all of the rewards combined.

No, someone pvping has a good chance to get infected at least twice (each time they go by the pvp terminal: to pick up the daily and turn it in).

to avoid that they have to inconvenience them-self by slogging through multiple load screens; or spend ~10 thousand credits a day or more (not 2k)

Suggesting that people avoid an inconvenience by inconveniencing them-self in another way doesn't actually make your actions not griefing.

No, I'm skilled enough in pvp that I don't die often enough to make sure that I don't get impacted by it.

Being infected just once is enough to pay for that 4x over. Most people who are infected are not at the pvp terminal and it's very easy to avoid them.

Being infected just once is enough to pay for that 4x over. Most people who are infected are not at the pvp terminal and it's very easy to avoid them.
No, the cost of time (which is between 10 seconds and 20 minutes, depending on circumstances) cannot be repaid with credits.

As for the people not being at the pvp terminal... when I logged off 2 days ago, there was a cluster of people hanging out there so that they could explode and infect people who were pvping.

Edited by ferroz

Come to think of it, I have not seen a single "selfish" person trying to run anyone down and infecting them. They may be there, but I have not noticed them.

I have seen a tight knot of people all standing close to one another to infect and re-infect each other at the fleet, easily avoided.

I don’t think I have ever been infected when I didn’t want to be, ( not that it would be a big deal if I did )

The people infected are obvious, and adds another element to the game

This event so far has been a win/win, for both my characters involved in it, and the ones that aren’t, sort of a mini game for the ones trying to not be infected... enjoyable in both aspects

Well done Bioware!

No, the cost of time (which is between 10 seconds and 20 minutes, depending on circumstances) cannot be repaid with credits.

As for the people not being at the pvp terminal... when I logged off 2 days ago, there was a cluster of people hanging out there so that they could explode and infect people who were pvping.

I was talking about the cost of the stim, which can be paid for multiple times over by just being infected once.

and secondly, even if that was the case 2 days ago, it's not the norm for most servers.

Come to think of it, I have not seen a single "selfish" person trying to run anyone down and infecting them. They may be there, but I have not noticed them.

I have seen a tight knot of people all standing close to one another to infect and re-infect each other at the fleet, easily avoided.

I don’t think I have ever been infected when I didn’t want to be, ( not that it would be a big deal if I did )

The people infected are obvious, and adds another element to the game

This event so far has been a win/win, for both my characters involved in it, and the ones that aren’t, sort of a mini game for the ones trying to not be infected... enjoyable in both aspects

Well done Bioware!

On the other hand, I've been bringing the infection to the starter planets with a pocketful of cash. "Who wants the rakghoul plague? I'll pay you 5k to stand next to me for a while so I can explode on you" .. if they choose to buy a vaccine, they still made 3k creds for at most 20 mins of standing around, which is more than you can normally make on Coruscant or DK.

Met my daily in one fell swoop as "ME ME ME I WANT MONEY" happens. It's nice to be a 50.

Also, it got 6 new players into my guild yesterday. :)

Edited by SturmUndSterne
added content

Ok is it really that big of a deal? If you don't want to get infected don't go to the fleet or tatooine (tatooine isn't that bad). What do you need there? PVP gear is the only thing and the minute you blow up it goes away. Hey if you reach stage 2 just challange someone to a fight and type /stuck. Your armor doesn't get damaged, you get the samples, and you lose the plauge. Stop whining about it. It's in the game and going to stay till the events done.

On the other hand, I've been bringing the infection to the starter planets with a pocketful of cash. "Who wants the rakghoul plague? I'll pay you 5k to stand next to me for a while so I can explode on you" .. if they choose to buy a vaccine, they still made 3k creds for at most 20 mins of standing around, which is more than you can normally make on Coruscant or DK.

Met my daily in one fell swoop as "ME ME ME I WANT MONEY" happens. It's nice to be a 50.

Nice one :)

You are a genius. Just so you know :D:D

Even the 10 seconds of time is worth more then everyone elses enjoyment.
Seems to me that this is what you are really saying?
No... I've not said anything like that.

unless you're claiming that "everyone elses enjoyment." = "the ability to grief other people by involving them regardless of their wishes" ... is that what you're saying?

It's not like I've advocated anything that would impact everyone else's enjoyment... unless they're getting said enjoyment from being able to grief people who don't want to be griefed.

Besides: I wouldn't mix up "then" and "than" ... so that's a dead give away that the text you have quoted isn't something I'd say.

It's highly unlikely that you would go an entire 20 minutes without dying in any warzone, regardless of how good you say you are.
I've done warzones with a single death, so it happens. And I've often gone 10 minutes or more without dying.

As for 20 minutes... are you saying they've removed the stun at ~10 minutes? That alone is sufficient to swing the tide of battle in a close match.

I was talking about the cost of the stim, which can be paid for multiple times over by just being infected once.
And I'm saying that getting infected once costs me time, that cannot be repaid with any amount of credits. Edited by ferroz

And I'm saying that getting infected once costs me time, that cannot be repaid with any amount of credits.

Then the problem is you, if you don't like the event, or even the possibility of getting infected, then don't play until the 24th or 25th, you are in the minority here.

Then the problem is you,
No, the problem is the mechanics of the infection and the lack of the ability to truly opt out.

Not that this has anything to do with the text you just quoted; the reality is that the infection doesn't not have a 0 cost, and nor does it offer anything of benefit to some people. The fact that you value the rewards of the event over the time that you lose isn't relevant when discussing whether the penalties/rewards are relative, since obviously there are people who don't feel that way. Clearly: the benefits and costs are both relative.

if you don't like the event, or even the possibility of getting infected, then don't play until the 24th or 25th,
That's my plan; I'm going to post on the forums instead of logging in.

you are in the minority here.
I've never claimed anything else. Edited by ferroz

Besides: I wouldn't mix up "then" and "than" ... so that's a dead give away that the text you have quoted isn't something I'd say.

I never implied that was your text, what I did imply was that because you don't like something it should be changed for everyone else.

I never implied that was your text,
Sure you did: "Seems to me that this is what you are really saying?"

what I did imply was that because you don't like something it should be changed for everyone else.
And as I pointed out, this is false...I've not said anything like that.

unless you're claiming that "everyone elses enjoyment." = "the ability to grief other people by involving them regardless of their wishes" ... is that what you're saying? You didn't answer this one, so I'm repeating it

I have not advocated anything that would impact everyone else's enjoyment... unless they're getting said enjoyment from being able to grief people who don't want to be griefed.

Edited by ferroz

No... I've not said anything like that.

unless you're claiming that "everyone elses enjoyment." = "the ability to grief other people by involving them regardless of their wishes" ... is that what you're saying?

I'm not involving anyone else unless they choose to be involved. Removing the plague would ruin MY enjoyment, as well as the enjoyment of several other people I know who do not use this to grief other players.

So removing the plague would be ruining other people's enjoyment. If you were on my server, I'd gladly give you my vaccines. I won't be using them, unless I get glitched.

I'm not involving anyone else unless they choose to be involved.
then none of my suggestions would impact any part of your enjoyment of the game.

Removing the plague would ruin MY enjoyment,
It's a good thing that I've not advocated that, eh?

And as I pointed out, this is false...I've not said anything like that.

unless you're claiming that "everyone elses enjoyment." = "the ability to grief other people by involving them regardless of their wishes" ... is that what you're saying? You didn't answer this one, so I'm repeating it

I have not advocated anything that would impact everyone else's enjoyment... unless they're getting said enjoyment from being able to grief people who don't want to be griefed.

Your definition of griefing is not the correct one, it's been pointed out, by MULTIPLE people, the correct definition of the word. Have fun complaining though, this is the last time I'll be replying to you, you seem to value yourself above everyone else and seem to think that the word "griefing" can be bent to fit any definition you want. Good day.

Now you are just being obtuse on purpose..

And as I pointed out, this is false...

Is it now? Then perhaps you could be garacious enough to change your playstyle a bit for a few days to accomodate those who are having fun.

I'm not involving anyone else unless they choose to be involved. Removing the plague would ruin MY enjoyment, as well as the enjoyment of several other people I know who do not use this to grief other players.

So removing the plague would be ruining other people's enjoyment. If you were on my server, I'd gladly give you my vaccines. I won't be using them, unless I get glitched.

While the OP wanted to have the plague removed, his primary complaint was getting infected the way it works. Those of us who think the method should be changed are not suggesting removing it, but altering it so those who wish not to...can avoid it.