Remove the rakghoul plague now

Same goes for the reverse: if someone likes the Event, that do not mean that everyone will, and leave them the freedom to not participate. Personally, I would be chilling today if not for the actions of a Griefer on the Fleet.

Yes, it goes for the reverse. But, as I said, you have the freedom to not participate. Those antidotes are there for a reason. Six hours of immunity looks like an easy way. And, of course, there's even an easier one - if you want to stay one the fleet, to, for example, read the General for LFG etc, there's always a choice to just go to the instanced ship hangar, or the less visited fleet sections.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a difference between interacting with another player, and negatively impacting the play experience of another player. Attempting to classify one player being able to forcibly, negatively impact another player as "interacting" with them is just silly.
Standing near a green glowing character and whining that you will get infected instead of keeping on doing what you always do in game is even more silly. If you travel on planets and do quests, you have more chances winning the lottery than being infected.

Clearly?

When were those containment soldiers placed on the Fleet? Personally, I have seen scans well before this event, but have never seen any kind of action personally, so I do not know when the actual soldiers were activated.

That said, when the Player chooses to go to the Safe Zones to attack others and spread the disease, they become problematic. And Griefing other's play is something Bioware has attempted to halt before launch.

I have seen them in my ship's hanger and one wandering about on Fleet but he didn't seem to do overly much.

A friendly advice: Skyrim is an excellent game, and you will never have to interact with anyone else playing it. Try it, you'll love it. But if you play a MMORPG (MM=Massively Multiplayer), you have to expect that the actions of other players will occasionally be able to affect you.

I'm sick of antisocial people with single player mindsets trying to ruin the multiplayer aspects of... multiplayer games.

Are you guys also going to the local bar and cry because there are other people there who talk loud and therefore interfere with you? Well I don't, I stay at home if I ever have such a mood. Same goes for games. When I'm not in the mood of being "affected" by other players, I play single player games.

So no, we don't "hear" you. You just admitted you bought a multiplayer game expecting to play it as a single player and avoiding any interaction with others. How can anyone take you even remotely seriously after that?

And another thing... if you play the game "solo" like you pretend (no Ops, no WZ, no guild, etc...), that also means you don't use the Galactic Market, right, since that's also interacting with other players? So what the hell are you doing on the fleet standing near infected people? If you are really out there leveling your chars, doing quests and playing "solo", you will never be affected by the plague, unless, as I said, you are doing the silly thing of staying still near the occasional green smoking character until he explodes, which never happens when you are questing.

Nope; no Galactic Market for me thus far. And I was on the Fleet for PvE Mission quests, and for transport from Hutta to Drummond Kass.

Now I was at the Med Station pricing serum; why others like to park their craft and hang about the Cantina is there choice. Don't know about others, but when I shop, I generally look at the merchandise, and not the crowd behind me acting like the spotlights are on them personally.

But when their actions make it my choice as well, it is Griefing, and needs to be bud nipped.

Edited by Elhanan

Same goes for the reverse: if someone likes the Event, that do not mean that everyone will, and leave them the freedom to not participate. Personally, I would be chilling today if not for the actions of a Griefer on the Fleet.

You have the freedom to not participate.

If you can't afford 2000 credits for a vaccine all you need to do is run away from people who start the exploding animation to not get infected.

You have the freedom to not participate.

If you can't afford 2000 credits for a vaccine all you need to do is run away from people who start the exploding animation to not get infected.

Did not see it; was looking at inventory of the shop, and not the Griefer in the Safe Zone.

Edited by Elhanan

Not if that line is located at a Rest/ Safe Zone on a PvE server. Common sense would seem to beckon this event elsewhere; not the places that are supposedly the most secure.

Oh well.. I guess we can agree to disagree then. You call it griefing, I'd say it was inconsiderate. Griefing is such a strong word.

On another note, it's not possible to chase someone down and infect them (as I saw someone else claim).. as you get rooted well before you explode.

Even tho exploding people on the space station is annoying, I have to say this event has brought out some really fun world PvP.... We've had some massive battles where the infective world bosses are on Tatooine...

I think for future endeavors Bioware needs to keep world events away from the space station since everyone pretty much uses it as a hub for just about everything.... If they would of kept the infective away form the station I doubt they would of had many complaints...

The great thing is you can play the game and only have to come to the fleet if you chose to, so it doesn't matter if infected people are on the fleet, **** and go else where till the event is over. Go hide in your ship hanger and shout for groups from there and go around the outer rim to the elevator. The antidote is cheap and easy to get for free if you don't want to buy it. people need to stop QQ'ing over the fun things BW is trying to do.

Yeah, because there aren't medical stations outside of the fleet... there aren't like a dozen of medical bots on each planet... you only find them on the fleet, so you have to stand there and get infected! :D

On another note, it's not possible to chase someone down and infect them (as I saw someone else claim).. as you get rooted well before you explode.
Yeah, that's one of the false beliefs the whiners try to propagate in order to try to make their point valid and rally people to their cause. Edited by Korrigan

considering how easy money is to get and how cheap the vaccines are to buy and the fact they last 6 hours, and you really only need to use them when travelling to the fleet or tat, ( rarely do i see anyone anywhere else atm) I really dont see the need for all the hubbub about griefing and what not. its a social event that wont last forever.. just stock up on the vaccines or do the quests on tat and you will have a ton and a bunch of dna you can sell for a decent profit... hell sell 1 dna currently and you will pay for 2-3 vaccines and not have to worry for hours....

this really bugs you that much?

With a 10th lvl character that only had 6k total; you bet!

But I do not care if this was my Alt or my wealthier Main, this selfish style of play by others needs to be stopped; not the Event.

The plague is honestly no fun for those players whom are too low to even do the quests :(

I'll have to disagree with that. :) I have 2 chars on my current server that are early 20s which I think is pushing it too far to deal with Tattooine. And know what? I'm having fun despite the plague. In fact, I had a crappy connection last night so decided I'd just stay on Fleet and join in on one of the PlagueParties. Yeah, it's cheesy but I made a nice pile of DNA, met some nice new people, chatted, got my crafting up and all in all had a blast.

It's called adjusting...rolling with the punches, making lemonade. :)

There is a difference between interacting with another player, and negatively impacting the play experience of another player. Attempting to classify one player being able to forcibly, negatively impact another player as "interacting" with them is just silly.

I don't understand... they included the vaccine thing for those who don't wish to be bothered by this event. And really I only encounter any other people with infection when I'm hanging out at the fleet or doing the rakghoul dailies.

It's quite a stretch to call it "negatively" impacting another player. It's not that easy to infect someone else because of the unknown explosion time, they vaccines are readily available, it gives you easily at least 20 minutes to cure yourself if you do get infected, it doesn't damage armor, and you even get 5 DNA samples when you explode. I don't know who (or why) anyone would play an mmorpg and expect to play in their own little bubble immune from everything else going on.

Edited by Denskoo

With a 10th lvl character that only had 6k total; you bet!

But I do not care if this was my Alt or my wealthier Main, this selfish style of play by others needs to be stopped; not the Event.

I did the math and it works out to approximately 100 kills of level 1 mobs in order to get 2k for the vaccine...really. its not that big of a deal. definintly not big enough of a deal to close down something that actually has brought life to an entire planet.

I have actually seen pvp on tattooine now....I figured that would be an impossiblity.. but there it was...Pvp all becasue of this event.

pretty much every single stim and med vendor sells the vaccine..

Quite so, and the one Med Station I saw on the Fleet had quite the crowd. But at 2k, I was going to pass, but the Griefer in the group decided to go *BOOM* there., so I purchased one anyway leaving me 4k for questing.

The plague is honestly no fun for those players whom are too low to even do the quests :(
As I said, the chance for those players to be infected during their low level quests (under level 25, before Tatooine) is lower than your chance to ever win the lottery.

Quite so, and the one Med Station I saw on the Fleet had quite the crowd. But at 2k, I was going to pass, but the Griefer in the group decided to go *BOOM* there., so I purchased one anyway leaving me 4k for questing.

Are you on a US or EU server, Elhanan? You don't have to say which one at this point but I'm guessing US by the date format in your sig. If you're on a server that I have chars on (and I really hesitate to say how many that is :o ) I'll be more than happy to give you some vaccine. I think all but 2 of my characters have a bunch that I am not using.

If you are interested, just shoot me a PM.

Are you on a US or EU server, Elhanan? You don't have to say which one at this point but I'm guessing US by the date format in your sig. If you're on a server that I have chars on (and I really hesitate to say how many that is :o ) I'll be more than happy to give you some vaccine. I think all but 2 of my characters have a bunch that I am not using.

ya you get it everyday. and if you dont use it it just sits there. maybe the people who complain should ask someone in the group for some..id gladly give mine away if someone asked.

... the Griefer in the group decided to go *BOOM* there ...
Another wrong belief. The "griefer" decided nothing. You don't decide when you explode. He can't just go near you, click a button and explode. He happened to be near you, you got really unlucky once... if you go do your low level questing as usual (at level 10, it's Dromund or Corruscant), you will not get infected again. Your chance of it to happen when out there questing (and therefore moving non stop, not standing for hours afk at a NPC) is zero.

I will give a couple of vaccines too if you play on Frostclaw - I don't use them at all and got a ton from the dailies. But if you have a rich high level character, like you mention, you can also just send some money to your low level (or some vaccines directly)... with a single daily on Ilum, you get over 10k which is 5 vaccines, which means 30 hours of total immunity.

Edited by Korrigan

Someone was concerned about it yesterday in fleet. I just gave them my whole batch of vaccines. I am not unsympathetic to people who do not want to be infected. I play on a RP server. I gave them my vaccines and told them where to buy more if needed. They went away happy and maybe realized that being infected was not a bad thing but something humerous.

I am pleased they didn't try and come here and get sympathy for the equivalent of being hit by a virtual snowball.

And if your holy crusade to turn a multiplayer game into a single player game fails? Because that won't happen, you have already lost...

Your problem is that you "waste" more time whining about this (reports, screenshots, vidoes, posts, wiki, etc... :rolleyes:) than playing the game. If you would play "solo" as usual (or as you "pretend" to play, which remains to be proven), you would realize that the plague doesn't affect you at all... the only way it can affect you is if you lied about your "solo" playstyle. A solo player doesn't stand for hours in the fleet waiting to be infected, is out on the planets doing quests, crafting, etc...

Not trying to change the game; simply want to enforce the extant rules against Griefing.. And I was not the first one here complaining; nor the last.

Whether one believes that I solo or not does not concern me. I choose to use the medium provided to insure that I maintain the same rights as any other. And it is not a problem for me much at all, though I have less experience at whining threads than others.

Not trying to change the game; simply want to enforce the extant rules against Griefing.. And I was not the first one here complaining; nor the last.

Whether one believes that I solo or not does not concern me. I choose to use the medium provided to insure that I maintain the same rights as any other. And it is not a problem for me much at all, though I have less experience at whining threads than others.

If you are looking for the right place to enforce the grifing rules..its in game not on the forums.... You should report players who grief not come on the website to say how crappy 1.2 is cause people can grief..

truth be told I have gotten less grief after 1.2 than before it.. people seem happier , maybe it is a side effect of the infection? hmm

I love it when the 'Bears throw this word around to describe a form of gameplay they don't like.

Would we be the same 'Bears' that wrere constantly being told if we did not like PvP to go -----> PvE?

Been there; done that, but there it is anyway. And be it RP, PvE, or PvP, spoiling gameplay of others is Griefing.

Or did the Player not intend to infect others on the Safe Zone by standing amongst the crowd?