Razer Crystal Suggestion! (Stop the fighting!)

xTekwarx

Bioware, before you close this, please read this in full, this is not me just reposting into a different forum. This is a separate post and I personally do not think should be be relinked to the general and closed, as it is a suggestion post instead of, well, rage.

First? My suggestion.

Take the new crystal, and make it the current Razer color, then, take the current Razer color, and make it MUCH darker, something to fit the logo a bit more closely. (The current color is NOT A THING like Razer's logo coloring.)

Now, why the disclaimer at the start?

About a day ago I originally created a thread bringing attention to the "Green/black" crystal in the current world event (thread was named "Exclusive? Um...".) Now, originally I did not ticket bioware, email them, or email Razer. Since that time we have had a, well, lets call it a headed discussion in general chat.

In said discussion we found that the two crystals VERY closely resemble each other, to the point is is currently alienating most of the vocal Razer owners.

Also, we got responses, a few of us that is. Our response was to go to the suggestion forums. You closed all of these threads, also I've noticed, most of these threads weren't suggestions, as much as they were complaints. So, I'm creating this so we can have SUGGESTIONS to how to absolve the problem without alienating the new crystal owners, and the original Razer owners.

If anyone else has some suggestions that don't lead in "Suck it up" I would love to hear them, but sadly. in the thread thats discussing the issue, there aren't many suggestions, just 'suck it up' or "REMOVE IT" posts.

Edited by xTekwarx

Might want to put the suggestion itself at the top of your post, before the explanation; the explanation itself does make it look like you're simply starting more topic spam, so you'll want to make it clear there's an actual suggestion before launching into the reasons.

EDIT There is a problem with this idea, though. I'm sure there are player who purchased a Razer product specifically for the shade of green the crystal currently boasts. Changing it would not be fair to them, and could actually be made into a false advertising case.

Edited by HeavensAgent

Might want to put the suggestion itself at the top of your post, before the explanation; the explanation itself does make it look like you're simply starting more topic spam, so you'll want to make it clear there's an actual suggestion before launching into the reasons.

EDIT There is a problem with this idea, though. I'm sure there are player who purchased a Razer product specifically for the shade of green the crystal currently boasts. Changing it would not be fair to them, and could actually be made into a false advertising case.

Changing it to a different shade would still fall under the same advertisement. They said a unique crystal (and suggested color.) But never gave us the color combo. Granted, many like me researched the color before hand.

Also, editing OP now :)

Another option would be for the Razer crystal to reverse the saber entirely (Green with black glow) as this actually fits the logo. This or a credit for the difference in price would work.

I actually REALLY like this idea. It could look a little funky, but it would mach the logo, which is what everyone assumes the crystal would do, if its "unique" to Razer.

Edited by xTekwarx

Changing it to a different shade would still fall under the same advertisement. They said a unique crystal (and suggested color.) But never gave us the color combo. Granted, many like me researched the color before hand.
Many like yourself knew what was being advertised beforehand. There would definitely be a legal case there. Honestly, I know this goes back to the general thread, but the better idea may be to change the color of the new crystals. Make them more distinct.

Many like yourself knew what was being advertised beforehand. There would definitely be a legal case there. Honestly, I know this goes back to the general thread, but the better idea may be to change the color of the new crystals. Make them more distinct.

Sadly it may be. Although, the legal case wouldn't stand up if they never designated what the color would be, would it?

Regardless however, it may be a good idea to change the current one. The event is very 'horror' ish, and perhaps they should choose a different set of dark colors, instead of the 'infected' look. Its a theme, yes, but I doubt anyone would be opposed to say...black/purple? or that new Black/orange crystal?

This entire situation is very delicate. They risk pissing off one group, or another.

Sadly it may be. Although, the legal case wouldn't stand up if they never designated what the color would be, would it?
It would. They offered a specific good that people were able to identify before purchase. That they did not describe the item in detail is irrelevant as images of the item were available and the delivered item reflected and confirmed those images.

It would. They offered a specific good that people were able to identify before purchase. That they did not describe the item in detail is irrelevant as images of the item were available and the delivered item reflected and confirmed those images.

Last comment I'm going to derail the 'suggestion' theme with, but I have to ask it. Wouldn't that mean I could technically sue Mcdonalds if I don't get the happy meal toy they have on the sign, but the generic 'we ran out' toy? (Shuddup! I wanted the star wars toys :( )

Anyway, back to OT. Changing the new crystal to be a bit different might be the better situation then.

I have to ask... Is your life so insignificant that you must scour the forums for new posts so you can say something like "LOL g3t a l1f3 n3wbz0r!", granted I'm summarizing your posting but that's just sad either way. I'd reflect upon your life and maybe find a more creative outlet for your frustration.

I hear debate is good for troubled youths like yourself.

I would be okay with this. Swap the two colours as they stand would be okay. There's a couple issues, I think, here that we need to address.

Firstly that by the nature of the way the crystals are acquired, the Razer crystal needs to be more desirable looking. Secondly, the colours as they stand are too close to properly differentiate between them during normal gameplay.

The vibrant neon glow is much more in line with what I think of the "Razer" look. The almost sickly look of the current Razer crystal would be more in line, in my opinion, with the idea of the Rakghoul plague.

I certainly think swapping the two colours would work. Alternatively, make the Razer crystal as vibrant as the Rakghoul one, but swap it to Green-core with Black outside. I'm not sure how that would look but it's a thought. I'm sure there's plenty of ways they can tweak the colours to make them more aesthetic.

In the end, the two points I think we need are

1. Razer is more desirable loking
  2. The two crystals are obviously distinct from eachother.

I would be okay with this. Swap the two colours as they stand would be okay. There's a couple issues, I think, here that we need to address.

Firstly that by the nature of the way the crystals are acquired, the Razer crystal needs to be more desirable looking. Secondly, the colours as they stand are too close to properly differentiate between them during normal gameplay.

The vibrant neon glow is much more in line with what I think of the "Razer" look. The almost sickly look of the current Razer crystal would be more in line, in my opinion, with the idea of the Rakghoul plague.

I certainly think swapping the two colours would work. Alternatively, make the Razer crystal as vibrant as the Rakghoul one, but swap it to Green-core with Black outside. I'm not sure how that would look but it's a thought. I'm sure there's plenty of ways they can tweak the colours to make them more aesthetic.

In the end, the two points I think we need are

1. Razer is more desirable loking
  2. The two crystals are obviously distinct from eachother.

The word "desirable" needs to be dropped. No offence, but that makes it look like you think the crystal is some sort of "better then you" item, when its not, its simply suppose to be a unique item that stands out "We have the hardware".

However, in this situation it also would fit, as one is suppose to fit with the theme, and as you said, the yellow-greenish color the current Razer has, does fit. Although, reasons for not changing the green-crystal are listed above, I'm still in favor of the idea.

The fact they need to be distinctly different from each other? Is DEFINITELY a requirement if bioware wants to keep its Razer SWTOR hardware users happy. Or at least the vocal ones of us.

The word "desirable" needs to be dropped. No offence, but that makes it look like you think the crystal is some sort of "better then you" item, when its not, its simply suppose to be a unique item that stands out "We have the hardware".

However, in this situation it also would fit, as one is suppose to fit with the theme, and as you said, the yellow-greenish color the current Razer has, does fit. Although, reasons for not changing the green-crystal are listed above, I'm still in favor of the idea.

The fact they need to be distinctly different from each other? Is DEFINITELY a requirement if bioware wants to keep its Razer SWTOR hardware users happy. Or at least the vocal ones of us.

Well as I pointed out, the nature of the acquisition of the Razer crystals means they need to have, imo, a "cooler" look because it requires more to get. The Rakghoul crystal I can get by standing at the pvp vendor for a couple hours. The Razer crystal is part of a justification for spending the rather increased costs of one of the devices.

It's not a "better than you" attempt at all, and having that mindset is what starts the fights. It's a "more desirable item for more effort". The same vein as the DDE/CE players having the cooler looking mount/pet/etc. That's the way I look at it anyways.

Crystals are different shades of green and the Razer crystal is exclusive only to those with a promotional code tied to their account.

The only thing Bioware could do is add in Razer crystal vender much like the Preorder crystal vender so players can purchase additional Razer crystals instead of just upgrading the one they have.

the crystals are different shades of green.

Edited by illgot

This is what it comes down to, to quote my other post...

The "Free Crystal", it isn't free. It is specifically labeled ON THE PACKAGE as being part of the product, I.E. we PURCHASED an EXCLUSIVE AND UNIQUE (Exclusive stated BY BIOWARE in a response earlier posted) crystal. The crystal is no longer exclusive if one of sufficient similarity is given to the populous as a whole. (Also stated by Bioware that it was done because of community feedback).

They committed false advertising no matter how you look at it as they gave away a product we purchased which they themselves described as Unique and Exclusive per the response below. We are entitled to the product we purchased and as the description of the product is no longer correct they are obligated to correct said product.

"We are sorry to hear that you have some concerns with recent changes made with the exclusive Razor in-game item.

From time to time, based on a variety of factors such as player metrics and other forms of feedback, the development team will make adjustments to certain items in order to provide as much balance as possible. We would like to assure you that these changes are intended and are never introduced lightly.

The decision to make these changes are only ever implemented to benefit the player base as a whole. Because of this, we are unable to swap, refund or affect any items that have been adjusted by a game content change.

If you have any any feedback or suggestions that you would like to bring to the attention of the development team in relation to these changes, please post them in the Suggestion Box section of our Community forums.

We would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your understanding on this matter. Should you require further assistance with any other issues, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Sincerely,

Protocol Droid E7-H4 (aka Mark)

Star Wars: The Old Republic Customer Service"

Also the attached images show that the crystal is indeed not marked as a "Bonus" or "Free" item.

Headset

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g355/kiregean/e5735dea.jpg

Mouse

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g355/kiregean/88aada37.jpg

I'd also like to note that all posts I made on the matter were closed and redirected to another post where they hadn't responded in now 37 pages worth of debate on the matter so they are aware we're upset and are not only ignoring us but removing the majority of our posts on the matter as well regardless if they are posted in the Suggestion Box, Customer Service, General or otherwise.

Edited by Kiregean

What is very disturbing to me is the fact that all players can play Tatooine's event in order to get their high level green and black crystal, while we Razer customers just have a +4 crystal, and no way to upgrade it for high level.

What is very disturbing to me is the fact that all players can play Tatooine's event in order to get their high level green and black crystal, while we Razer customers just have a +4 crystal, and no way to upgrade it for high level.

Let me grab a quote from google, because finding it in those forums would be a pain:

It's incredible, because it is not true.

Check patch notes.

As for thread and swapping - if you can help it, you don't make changes in MMO to existing items that can be seen as unwanted.

Buffing parameters of existing things can be easly(community side) done. Nerfing goes harder, but it's just drop in a sea. What is almost never acceptable, is appearance change. You may make item useless by urging me to update it to something with different appearance, but can't forcibly change what I already have, especially if only thing this item you've been farming two weeks straight(or bought something just to get is as a bonus) have to offer is it's appreance.

Technically we have a way to upgrade it but it requires the +4 crystal and 250,000 credits whereas they get theirs for free for standing in one spot a few hours. Not only that but they get a mid level variant as well (Level 31 purple quality).

And Mr. Reid, your response is unsatisfactory, you did exactly what I said you did and changed the hue by such a meager extent.

As the following image demonstrates, if one takes either colour mentioned assuming a saturation level of 100% and changes the hue by +/- 5% (I have rounded this because the exact number has far too many decibels to bother with) then the result is the EXACT colour of the aforementioned crystals.

Colour Comparison (Side by side)

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g355/kiregean/44283525.jpg

Please don't insult my intelligence by trying to give me a number for a colour swatch assuming I have little enough knowledge to know the difference by such a minor change as -29R/0G/+8B. I may have a background in mechanical engineering yes but prior to that degree I was digital illustration so I know colours. Try again.

Edited by Kiregean

They committed false advertising no matter how you look at it as they gave away a product we purchased which they themselves described as Unique and Exclusive per the response below. We are entitled to the product we purchased and as the description of the product is no longer correct they are obligated to correct said product.
The crystal is still technically unique. Neither the product nor the subscription have changed, and as such Bioware holds no legal fault.

It still stinks, though.

It's not technically unique or exclusive, from a basic legal standpoint for an item not to infringe upon another it must be changed by 10% at minimum (20% is considered the standard) for it to be classified as a new item. Even if the company that owns the product is the one distributing the item as long as it's being promoted by Razer they're still obligated to maintain a reasonable level of difference between the product to still be able to call it exclusive and unique. This is what we're debating, not that the item needs to be refunded but that they're falsely advertising it as unique and exclusive to their customer base and still saying that they are in the right.

That's what it all comes down to, they made a 5% change and are trying to justify it to us instead of merely saying "We made a mistake, we're sorry. Give us some time to rectify the problem or come up with an alternate solution that will appease all parties."

As I said before, a perfectly acceptable solution which most who own the products have agreed with would work would be to simply reverse the saber colour and since I'm fairly certain that every saber is the same just with different lighting filters applied it should be an easy task to merely flip the filters (IE change outside luminousity to 0-10, saturation to 0, colour to 0/0/0; inside to 188/255/17 colour, 90-100 luminousity, 100 saturation.) It should be as simple as that and since Reid already showed they are indeed using colour swatches there's no reason not to use such a simple fix.

And on a side note here to EA and Bioware, I'd just like to point out that the greatest sign of maturity and respect is to know when you've committed wrong and to admit to such. Simply stating that we are wrong and you are right is juvenile and childish but beyond that it's disrespectful to your customers. As a customer we expect a decent level of respect and this goes towards your assumption of our intelligence as well. It's fine to be confident in your decisions but it's not alright to simply tell your customers, and I'm paraphrasing here, to "Deal with it."

Edited by Kiregean